Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

NienNunb posted:

Bill Ospreay looks like if they gave Tom Scott the super soldier serum from Captain America

I am in the Hellicarrier bruv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Sick of all these proxy fights being fought out in my favorite wrestling promotions. It's time the podcasters and newsletter people start having to back up the poo poo they talk.

Wade vs Sean, Texas Death Match. Winner decides how Will Ospreay felt about the promo and that will become the truth we all have to abide by

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

The Podcasters aren't and don't really represent his audience. His audience was in the building

the audience in the building was chanting for punk

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Critical posted:

the audience in the building was chanting for punk

https://x.com/KidouWrestling/status/1778387531555311779

doesn’t sound like it to me

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

this is cut after the chants which he literally admits in the loving tweet you just posted

and yes they backtracked but which part of all that do you think people are going to focus on?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I will say, suspending Perry for that for so long doesn't look very good now, so uh.

I dunno, make it up to the guy with a big push, Tony.

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

You know what I’m worried about? Mercedes really sucks at doing any type of promo. I really thought she’d come in the company far improved after doing some acting. She just needs to be a heel, that’s the only way she can get away with this these types of promos.

Still can’t wait to see her wrestle. Someday.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Critical posted:

this is cut after the chants which he literally admits in the loving tweet you just posted

and yes they backtracked but which part of all that do you think people are going to focus on?

~optics~

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Critical posted:

tony assumed fans would see punk as he is, an rear end in a top hat who assaulted a coworker. from what i can see the majority sees him as an elder statesman shutting up some whippersnapper who dared open his mouth

tony vastly overestimated his audience

The story Tony crafted is Punk did nothing that bad and the Bucks are blowing it out of proportion to cover for losing to FTR who, as the voice of the audience, is telling AEW management to get over it and get back to the wrestling. Why this is the story they chose to craft, who loving knows.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MJeff posted:

I will say, suspending Perry for that for so long doesn't look very good now, so uh.

I dunno, make it up to the guy with a big push, Tony.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Big Queefy posted:

You know what I’m worried about? Mercedes really sucks at doing any type of promo. I really thought she’d come in the company far improved after doing some acting. She just needs to be a heel, that’s the only way she can get away with this these types of promos.

Still can’t wait to see her wrestle. Someday.

it’s the nasally delivery makes her sound like an old sleepy cartoon

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

to be clear i think the whole thing was a swing and a miss but also blown way out of proportion. not going to affect the company in any meaningful way and by the time Dynasty is over it will be mostly forgotten about.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Mercedes is a fun promo and I like her Kamala Harris energy

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
WWE fans hate Mercedes because they fell out of a coconut tree and she exists within the context in which she lives and what came before her.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

panko posted:

in staring at this gif for three revolutions trying to read his belt (because it looks like it says attitude hitler) I noticed that cody’s rear end jiggles just a little after the big swing. champion poo poo

'Attitude Killer'. Cody was doing this whole 'gently caress the attitude era it's time to move on' thing as part of the build to Double or Nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azQwNRD3H_o

Kind of funny now considering how involved the Attitude Era was with his big win at 'mania this past weekend. :v:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I feel like once she gets more comfortable she'll be fine. But I really, really want to see her wrestle again. I'm pretty sure the attack is setting up for a Dynasty match though, which is cool. She's someone with great charisma but only passable promos, but eh. It'll be okay once she starts doing her stuff in the ring. It's an expected adjustment period. She's a star.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Gumball Gumption posted:

the Ugandan Giant?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Mercedes is a bad promo and they Kevin Dunn’d the gently caress out of her segment last night which made it even worse.

So far still not seeing any evidence for her signing being such a huge deal at all and that’s lame. Do something cool, Mercedes.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
It won't be a big deal to anyone but us stupid wrestling nerds by the end of the week, but thinking it over I was reminded of when Britt Baker showed up at an NXT show to watch Adam Cole a few years ago. WWE put her on camera and had the commentators crow "ISN'T THAT ADAM COLE'S GIRLFRIEND??", supposedly to get her in trouble with AEW, which I can definitely see being the case as WWE might be the pettiest company to have ever existed. When it turned out that Tony Khan and AEW actually didn't give a poo poo, it was WWE who looked like idiots for unintentionally shining a light on their own toxic working culture. I think that's much better than wasting good show time on goofy stuff that's not going to have many benefits or payoff. CM Punk is an egotistical manchild with an anger problem, let WWE deal with him!

That's my detached POV anyhoo. Again, definitely not saying that WWE haven't done such stupidity because they have for many, many years, from Reo Rogers and DX "invading" Nitro to that NXT guy who was apparently supposed to be a Tony Khan parody.

Hedgehog Pie fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Apr 11, 2024

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Mercedes is cool as hell anytime she's not talking. When she talks, she talks way too fast, so it's hard to understand and she ends up talking faster than she can think so there's weird gaps or she says stuff that doesn't make sense because she's trying to keep the words flowing.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

Pink on Ariel Helwani which I believe because his description of the video was accurate, unless Schaivone comments who I would believe above all

The glass thing in itself is nothing, really. Perry got told not to do it, and eventually it didn't happen. The matter was closed.

The only reason it became an issue at all was because Punk did a pointless shoot promo on Hangman about how his action figures were selling, people rightly gave him a tiny bit of heat about how it was childish and then a story magically leaks all about how he's a leader backstage and has to deal with a sea of young whippersnappers backstage who don't respect him or the business.

Perry didn't care about being stopped from sicko real glass poo poo. He was aggrieved because Punk threw him under the bus the second he needed cover on something, even going as far as claiming Perry was trying to con some extra time off because he doesn't want to work.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Those figures are still there by god. Just dozens of Hangman Page in jeans figures and nothing else.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Tato posted:

Those figures are still there by god. Just dozens of Hangman Page in jeans figures and nothing else.

shirtless Hangman Page you say...

Dual Monarchy
Feb 20, 2013

Gumball Gumption posted:

this is probably the most damning description of Mercedes thus far tbh

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

We did it (Samoa) Joe

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Dual Monarchy posted:

Her look and movements are like a Fortnite character.

Which I'm not saying is good or bad, but it's very funny.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

swerve cornpop

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Jesus Christ is that Michael Cole? I can't describe how, but he's lookin deeply cursed there.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

CaptainApathyUK posted:

The only reason it became an issue at all was because Punk did a pointless shoot promo on Hangman about how his action figures were selling

That was a cheap shot, his figures sell fine. Even I bought one.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

you motherfucker

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dual Monarchy posted:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

SENIOR JOE! THE NUMBERS DON'T LIE, AND THEY SPELL DISASTER FOR YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Senior Joe has been kidnapped by ninjas. Are you a bad enough dude to save the president?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Critical posted:

to be clear i think the whole thing was a swing and a miss but also blown way out of proportion. not going to affect the company in any meaningful way and by the time Dynasty is over it will be mostly forgotten about.

i have it on good authority that david zazlov watched an cringed so hard he not only immediately canceled aew but ordered all episodes taken off line and destroyed in a tax write off

he said and i quote "i'll let the roadrunner movie see the light of day before i give aew another second of tv time"

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
HAILING FROM MEALS ON WHEELS

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1778510579814088792

lil boss baby got a blankie
on to the good wrestling again :cheerdoge:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

C. Everett Koop posted:

i have it on good authority that david zazlov watched an cringed so hard he not only immediately canceled aew but ordered all episodes taken off line and destroyed in a tax write off

he said and i quote “i’ll let the roadrunner movie see the light of day before i give aew another second of tv time”

Sounds like good ol’ NienNunb just hit the jackpot