Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

HopperUK posted:

Speaking of draft I started a fictional league in Out of the Park 25 to learn how to play and I am already more furious with non-existent ballplayers than I ever thought possible.

Football Manager has me cursing the names of opposing 4th tier 35 year old Turkish footballers like they are Messi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

lmfao at that guy getting jumpscared by the coin toss

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Snow Cone Capone posted:

The beat-em-up avp game was the first one me and my friends ever beat in an actual arcade

avp arcade game owns

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dick Bastardly posted:

avp arcade game owns

:hai:

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAx_2Fo1qyQ

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

striding into the mtg tournament venue and announcing

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Take a smell, brother

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

grieving for Gandalf posted:

other than arena, the best way to play magic if you're gonna spend money is probably just to learn how to draft

Yeah.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Heath posted:

I've only played Commander but the local shop has sealed pre release nights and I tried that a couple of times and it's probably the least fun I've ever had playing Magic

i love sealed because i'm ok with losing. Its fun to steer a weird pile of jank and see how it plays out. Draft is also fun in a different way because there's this goofy meta game you play against everyone else during the actual drafting process.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

sealed can be fun when a set launches, but after that I prefer drafting or constructed.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Heath posted:

I can't comprehend what this is

It makes me angry is what it is

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Spanish Manlove posted:

i love sealed because i'm ok with losing. Its fun to steer a weird pile of jank and see how it plays out. Draft is also fun in a different way because there's this goofy meta game you play against everyone else during the actual drafting process.
draft and sealed are so much more fun when there's not the significant investment looming over your head to win. Phantom draft on arena when they've had it as an event for free(no cost to enter, and you don't keep the cards so you don't worry about picking between what you want for your draft deck and what you want for your personal collection) is probably my favorite way to play draft/sealed, but it's unfortunately rare.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

symbolic posted:

R. Kelly was a prophet

e: nvm i didn't actually know how hosed up R. Kelly was

Lmao

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
My brother and I played a card game called Mini Rogue earlier and while I didn't think it was that great, particularly in terms of conveying its mechanics, it did make me want to play a roguelike or a game where I could be a rogue. What would yall recommend

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

draft and sealed are so much more fun when there's not the significant investment looming over your head to win. Phantom draft on arena when they've had it as an event for free(no cost to enter, and you don't keep the cards so you don't worry about picking between what you want for your draft deck and what you want for your personal collection) is probably my favorite way to play draft/sealed, but it's unfortunately rare.

i know it's not for everyone but i like the stakes introduced with a rare draft at the end. maybe i'm just nostalgic because the store i played at in middle school did and it felt awesome to see who you picked before esp when they were older than me.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I definitely had one of those post tourney raredraft moments as a 12 year old, picking a foil weatherseed treefolk(I got second behind an old dude who took a grim monolith first pick)

man I wish I hadn't sold that thing back when I liquidated my mtg collection to help my mom. It's not even worth a ton as an old timey foil, but weatherseed treefolk was like THE signature Timmy card for me as a kid, I put it in all my green decks. And the art was awesome.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

ArfJason posted:

Modern Classic

Timp

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
the subject of mtg reminds me of the tedium elemental who ran a bot to get their daily MTG Arena wins without any effort

Captain Invictus posted:

this person also runs a bot in MTG Arena with a commander deck whose commander is Baral, Chief of Compliance; the most hated commander(because the deck is entirely counterspells and is just a grind that takes forever to play against). The bot autoqueues and then concedes after ten seconds in the match. They do this to get their daily 15 wins, which they do easily because a ton of people insta-concede upon seeing their commander is Baral, before the bot can even reach the ten seconds to concede.

What I'm saying is they're crafty in all walks of life, apparently

Zero VGS posted:

Yes, thank you for my 15 wins each night when I fire up my bot that starts a game, waits 5 seconds and concedes. So many players beat me to the concede button lol.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I don't have the posts but they were complaining relatively recently about grinding for hours for their 15 daily wins every single day and someone pointed out that the time they were putting in to earn the resources you get from 15 wins was the equivalent to working for 10 cents an hour and that they were wasting their life on something they hated

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

pentyne posted:

the subject of mtg reminds me of the tedium elemental who ran a bot to get their daily MTG Arena wins without any effort

Epic.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
lol dying in the mtg mines for wotcs gem profits

Zero VGS posted:

Nah how about YOU play a different game, maybe go play MTGO in hell! All the animations could absolutely use a speed multiplier. There's always a lag when the game tries to load your library during a fetch land, on a god-tier PC.

I'd complain less if they didn't have a 15 wins per day thing. It adds up a lot for F2P players but if you're 50-ish% win and the games are as quick as you say it's still over an hour and a half of one's life to knock that out.

Just because Arena is way less poo poo than every other client they've ever had programmed, doesn't mean it can't be less poo poo than it is now.

Anyway. My point was Timeless "should" be the fastest format because it has the most power, but Historic is way way faster because it doesn't have a pile of cards that jam up the UI.

Jabor posted:

you're not actually supposed to grind to 15 wins every single day like it's your actual job

space uncle posted:

The 12th and 14th wins are 25 gold apiece. If you have a 50% win rate you need to play 30 games to get 15 wins.

If that takes you 90 mins you’re averaging 3 mins per game. If you stop at 10 wins you are only giving up 50 gold but you’re saving half an hour of time.

A premier draft is 1500 gems, which is $10 in the shop. Or it is 10,000 gold. If we use that conversion rate, 50 gold is equivalent to 5 cents. If it takes you 30 minutes to make 5 cents you are now working for 10 cents an hour.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I just put Teferi in my deck and got my wins from people immediately rage-quitting :D

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“I think the problem is you’re just uneducated.”
i simply uninstalled the game when it felt unfun

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Captain Invictus posted:

I don't have the posts but they were complaining relatively recently about grinding for hours for their 15 daily wins every single day and someone pointed out that the time they were putting in to earn the resources you get from 15 wins was the equivalent to working for 10 cents an hour and that they were wasting their life on something they hated

lol

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

That same guy also posts in the Warframe thread and gives advice about weapons and frames, but doesn't mention that he uses autohotkey scripts to spam 100 inputs per second.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Cool Dad posted:

That same guy also posts in the Warframe thread and gives advice about weapons and frames, but doesn't mention that he uses autohotkey scripts to spam 100 inputs per second.

sinful

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
they're also a landlord, so

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Cool Dad posted:

gaming disorder is real

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

pentyne posted:

lol dying in the mtg mines for wotcs gem profits

hell yeah

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

that guy sucks but it is funny that people beat the bot to the concede button just because of the commander

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Cool Dad posted:

lol thinking of th e yobgoblin for some reason

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Zero Video Game Skills

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Zero Video Game Skills
drat

drat

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i simply uninstalled the game when it felt unfun

if everyone acted like this the billion dollar games-as-a-service industry would collapse overnight.... think of the economy for once instead of just urself

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol thinking of th e yobgoblin for some reason

i remember yobgoblin but nothing about them, just the name

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Al! posted:

draw arms and legs and googly eyes on a bottle of ritalin and then teach it to speak via proc-gen

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Did you know, I was THE MOON once!

Yes! You see, one night it turned out the moon had been STOLEN!

The animal people asked ME to take its place as I am so WISE and BRILLIANT!!

Al! posted:

Imagine someone who plays fighting games by furiously mashing the buttons no matter what is happening on the screen, even before the match has started and/or after a round has ended. You now have a good idea of what it's like to play against yobgoblin.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

the other parts of the yobgoblin lore is that he had an infinite number of steamkeys for killing floor 2 and was the moderator of lowtax's stream chat

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

the guy who posted terrible builds in the Path of Exile thread so much that he was threadbanned for it so he made a Post My Favorite thread to post all of his bad builds in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

he then went on to request a permaban because the website would not recognize chatbots as being deserving of human rights