Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Kit Walker posted:

Same thing with the ozone hole and y2k. “They made a huge deal about it but now no one talks about it.” Yeah no poo poo a ton of people put a lot of effort into it and the problems were addressed

Hey I live in the South of Australia, the hole in the ozone layer is still 100% a thing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Krispy Wafer posted:

Fahrenheit is used by one country on this planet, but 100% of people on the moon, checkmate Earth.

They should get those corpses down,if you ask me.

Seems rude that they left them up there.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Samovar posted:

As I understand it (as a person who never used it), florins and crowns were very rarely used. You had pounds, shillings and pence. 12 pence in a shilling, 20 shillings in a pound, i.e. 240 pence in one pound. Same subdivision as is done in time.

Florins and crowns were the names of the coins, you wouldn't usually use them to say how much something cost.

Speaking as someone who was given a sixpence as a kid and was extremely cross when the man in the shop told me it was only worth 2 1/2 pence. It said sixpence right there on it!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://packaged-media.redd.it/s2cw...21ebda9ca97#t=0

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

imagine how expensive it would be to change the US from imperial to metric - just the signage alone...

you're stuck. there's no way to feasibly change you're too far gone down into the imperial rabbit hole. you're never coming out. enjoy your 40mph speed limits!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

We tried. I was there, 3000 years ago. We tried, and failed....

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Base 12 would have been much better for society to use than base 10, it's pretty neat that people were used to working with both bases in their heads back when those coins had real value

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Japan is great!

*fired and closed down their offices last year*

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Krispy Wafer posted:

Fahrenheit is used by one country on this planet, but 100% of people on the moon, checkmate Earth.

NASA, who owns the Space, uses metric. :smugbert:

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Kit Walker posted:

Same thing with the ozone hole and y2k. “They made a huge deal about it but now no one talks about it.” Yeah no poo poo a ton of people put a lot of effort into it and the problems were addressed

Republicans: Middle East caused 9/11, lets spend decades warring about it

Also Republicans: China caused a 9/11 worth of US deaths every day for months. let's downplay it and memory hole ASAP

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i've driven far worse roads than this at far higher speeds in my fuckin mr2

my tiny 2 seat deathtrap with an inch and a half lowering is a better off-roader than the cybertruck

arent there winter clips from a few months ago where a bunch of subarus are passing a tesla truck gingerly inching through a curve while the subs are driving at "normal" speed.

(also goons learning about the stereotypes of the two types of subarus drivers )

e:

kazil posted:

The pandemic meant people working from home, which is a deadly sin for Musk

which is odd because musk himself works and does drugs from home all the time.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
So looks like the laying off 10% of employees did not actually help tesla stock price. lol.

https://www.google.com/finance/quote/TSLA:NASDAQ?hl=en

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

PhazonLink posted:

(also goons learning about the stereotypes of the two types of subarus drivers )

Wait what's the other one

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

iykyk

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

ilmucche posted:

Wait what's the other one

I assume it's the Venn diagram of lesbians and WRX drivers.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

redshirt posted:

I assume it's the Venn diagram of lesbians and WRX drivers.

It's not a circle?

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Slotducks posted:

imagine how expensive it would be to change the US from imperial to metric - just the signage alone...

you're stuck. there's no way to feasibly change you're too far gone down into the imperial rabbit hole. you're never coming out. enjoy your 40mph speed limits!

The crazy thing is that the US did officially make that change in 1975, but everyone apart from NIST just shrugged and kept going as if it never happened.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

"Watch out, Ganges River! Poland Springs has water, too!"

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

dr_rat posted:

So looks like the laying off 10% of employees did not actually help tesla stock price. lol.

https://www.google.com/finance/quote/TSLA:NASDAQ?hl=en
CATHIE WOOD, HELP HELP HELP HELP HEP

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Oh my god if the stock price bubble pops on 4/20

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Oh and truth social is down 16% to $27. Not a good day for rear end in a top hat stock apparently.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Bloomberg is reporting Drew Baglino, Senior VP of Powertrain and Energy, and Rohan Patel, VP of Public Policy have resigned

edit: Drew confirmed

Also people caught wind too because they no longer have verification and Tesla badges on their accounts which is just either extremely hilarious or grim I don't know which

shyduck fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Apr 15, 2024

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

It's still amazing to me that trump media became a meme stock more idiotic that bed bath and beyond

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I think a Versa could navigate that path with more grace

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Isn't teslas public policy just gently caress the public? Feel like that would of been a pretty easy department to be in management for.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Love that they gave him a PR fluff piece for his stock options vestment or whatever.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

dr_rat posted:

Isn't teslas public policy just gently caress the public? Feel like that would of been a pretty easy department to be in management for.

It was probably looking like they care about protecting the environment, but the CEO kinda trashes that narrative.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

April 9: We have overwhelming proof that FSD is perfectly safe
April 15: lol I quit

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Tiny Timbs posted:

I think a Versa could navigate that path with more grace

Hell, I've navigated similar roads in a stock Volvo wagon.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

wait how the gently caress are you supposed to pronounce Teslaconomics

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Tesla - co - nomics?

Teh-slackonomics?

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

Could not find the Grimes thread, so here it goes: Her performance at Coachella was a Milli Vanilli level disaster. Don't watch this is you can't handle cringe comedy.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fauxmoi/comments/1c47y80/grimes_coachella_set_highlights/

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Carwash oval office posted:

Could not find the Grimes thread, so here it goes: Her performance at Coachella was a Milli Vanilli level disaster. Don't watch this is you can't handle cringe comedy.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fauxmoi/comments/1c47y80/grimes_coachella_set_highlights/
she sounds drunk

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

"You're fat!"
"Just more of me to love honey."

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

shyduck posted:

she sounds drunk

She probably is, and high as gently caress on ketamine

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Although for dj's I doubt that's actually unusual.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

If you're blitzed and you can do your job then more power to you, but don't go sounding like that and making a billion excuses when you're actively loving up over and over again

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

shyduck posted:

If you're blitzed and you can do your job then more power to you, but don't go sounding like that and making a billion excuses when you're actively loving up over and over again
I like that this could apply to Elon or Grimes

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

shyduck posted:

Oh definitely, she seemed to have no idea what was going on, or what to do about it. What ever she was on she hosed up by being on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Lol Grimes just press play and bounce around, nobody is seriously paying attention to this poo poo