Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Devo posted:

Ok, that's what I thought. So if I want to optimize using it I should be upgrading cards with no boosters at all. tyvm
It doesn't really matter. Either way you end up with an upgraded card and zero boosters, for the same credit cost. You should just upgrade whatever cards you want to upgrade via whichever method shows up first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Fartington Butts posted:

It is hard resist dropping the gold on this

I wish you could pin one daily variant

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Tunga posted:

It doesn't really matter. Either way you end up with an upgraded card and zero boosters, for the same credit cost. You should just upgrade whatever cards you want to upgrade via whichever method shows up first.

You're not considering that I'm a complete psychopath when it comes to optimizing my collection. I generally only upgrade cards directly from green border to infinite because that's what my brain will allow me to do. I am trying to get rid of every blue border card I have and I have spent months in this pursuit. In short, I am a sicko.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Devo posted:

You're not considering that I'm a complete psychopath when it comes to optimizing my collection. I generally only upgrade cards directly from green border to infinite because that's what my brain will allow me to do. I am trying to get rid of every blue border card I have and I have spent months in this pursuit. In short, I am a sicko.
I'm attempting to do the same thing but I don't think there's any efficiency gain here. If anything it's the opposite. Why spend 50 boosters on an upgrade when you could have spent 40 on the same upgrade and then kept the extra 10 when you earn them afterwards? For all your green cards you can sit on the boosters so they don't show up in the shop. Upgrade those all the way around to green using boosters. Anything that isn't green should be upgraded on sight on the shop. Though you'll be credit limited if you have a lot of non-greens anyway.

Edit: I think if you have multiple non-green variants for a card, only upgrade the lowest quality non-green at any time. Otherwise as above.

Tunga fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Apr 16, 2024

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Devo posted:

Nice. I did exactly the same and I finished a few months ago. Use the first few days of the season to rank to infinite and then switch to a 'deck' just made of cards that didn't have a green or infinite border.

Only exceptions being some ink splits where the reveal effect was colour-matched to the card's logo so it would've been a crime not to match the border as well. (Like a Nakia with a gold effect and a Storm with blue.) Obviously now with the custom cards I can just upgrade those to infinite anyway and use the custom card to have the same effect but on a fully upgraded card.

But otherwise my entire collection is just green or infinite.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Rolled the dice on trying to get that sick spotlight Deathstrike variant. I got the dumb HE variant.

psychopomp
Jan 28, 2011
I got the Deathstrike in 1, and am now trying to decide if Guardian is good enough for me to risk more keys on that I might otherwise save for White Widow next week.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

psychopomp posted:

I got the Deathstrike in 1, and am now trying to decide if Guardian is good enough for me to risk more keys on that I might otherwise save for White Widow next week.
WW is absolutely going to be better

psychopomp
Jan 28, 2011
I've got 3 keys so if I end the week with more than 4 somehow I might risk one.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Spent 2 keys, got Kitty Pryde(again) with the first, Red Guardian with the second. I'd honestly rather get a variant of the card than 1k tokens.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I debated whether to spent keys this week or next, and ended up getting Red Guardian in one. Next week I think I will use tokens for WW.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Key 1: High Evo, god drat it. I basically have every Evo variant. gently caress.
Key 2: Proxima, converts to 1k tokens. gently caress you.
Key 3: Lady D.
Key 4: Red Guardian

What a loving scam this system is.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

spent 1 key last week to get random Corvus so I am hesitant to press my luck

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Zabu on iOS is psychological warfare, it roars like 100 times after every card is played and makes two turns take 10 minutes

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I got Jeff in 1 yesterday but it still feels bad knowing people got him for free.

Is Red Guardian a good tech card? I have HE already and Deathstroke looks meh even with her buff.

Also how does the token shop work? I want to get Ravonna to play that mr negative deck and i think the best way to get her is tokens since i have no idea when she will next be in a spotlight. Does it just pick a random 4/5 card you don't yet have every 8 hours?

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

CJ posted:

Also how does the token shop work? I want to get Ravonna to play that mr negative deck and i think the best way to get her is tokens since i have no idea when she will next be in a spotlight. Does it just pick a random 4/5 card you don't yet have every 8 hours?

the order is randomized but it cycles through all the cards you don't have (so you won't get the same card back to-back, you will see everything if you're checking regularly, and if you forgo one it may be a while before it shows up if you've got a lot of unowned cards - or not, if it's at the start of your next cycle)

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Firebert posted:

Zabu on iOS is psychological warfare, it roars like 100 times after every card is played and makes two turns take 10 minutes

It's beyond aggravating, but is it a bug or feature?

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
holy fuckin' (cannon)balls, I got Cannonball instead of 1k tokens. There's a first time for everything. That makes up for me needing to get the High Evo variant and Red Guardian on my way to the Lady Deathstrike variant I was actually pulling for.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Marx Headroom posted:

I mean you can throw Galactus into Destroy, Junk, Ramp, Wong Zola, all kinds of stuff. One of my favorite things to do when I get bored!

Also, the Secret Best Tech Card, Ghost Spider, can empty a lane. With 1 extra turn or energy, you can play Galactus in a lane your opponent didn't know would be empty.

Edit
I bet you can probably also juke someone out of their shorts with Galactus by playing Quake on 5. If there's a location that resists cards being played to it, it wouldn't necessarily look like a setup for Galactus, just a heads up play to deny your opponent a play on turn 5. Something that was Luke's Bar, for example, would naturally be empty anyhow.

Veryslightlymad fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Apr 16, 2024

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Fartington Butts posted:

It is hard resist dropping the gold on this

rian gonzales consistently winning

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Nu-Alioth is certainly worse than the previous version, but when it hits a Hela or Tribunal or Taskmaster it's great to see the neutered card turn over

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I feel like that's the only real scenario where that card is useful now

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

CJ posted:

I got Jeff in 1 yesterday but it still feels bad knowing people got him for free.

Is Red Guardian a good tech card? I have HE already and Deathstroke looks meh even with her buff.

Lady D is tech, but she absolutely wrecks a lot of popular strategies. She completely destroys Tribunal and Negative, is the only real answer to Dracula, empties out a lane of junk and often functions as a second Annihilus in Junk. She can eat Sunspot or Nebula quite often, and I've even eaten Brood from under Absorbing Man and Surfer once or twice.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Never gonna play that Evo variant because I already have the sick rear end comic book cover, but at least the Lady D variant is kind of cool.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Veryslightlymad posted:

the Secret Best Tech Card, Shadow King

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Devo posted:

Never gonna play that Evo variant because I already have the sick rear end comic book cover, but at least the Lady D variant is kind of cool.

still waiting for the kj high evo, which i will (sadly) spend to get.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Shadow King hasn't been a secret since he dropped to 2 cost.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
What's the deck tracker that tells you whether you are playing against bots?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I bet I could give that thing a false positive

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

CJ posted:

What's the deck tracker that tells you whether you are playing against bots?

Untapped's does this: https://snap.untapped.gg/en

BillsPhoenix
Jun 29, 2023
But what if Russia aren't the bad guys? I'm just asking questions...
Just had my 9th (at least) consecutive danger zone trigger. This is over 6 weeks of play.

It's possible, but with 4^9 odds, kinda think I'm running into a bug. And I'm not playing destroy.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
I have seen a lot more SK lately, must be in a new meta deck or something. Might have to change it up again

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

hanyolo posted:

I have seen a lot more SK lately, must be in a new meta deck or something. Might have to change it up again

Angela’s back, red hulk arrived

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I don't always see Central Park, but I sure as gently caress do trying to play a Galactus deck.

Yeah yeah, I'm an rear end in a top hat for playing it, but considering I got CP three games in a row, I guess I should take the hint and either stop playing it or slot in Killmonger.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

DrBouvenstein posted:

I don't always see Central Park, but I sure as gently caress do trying to play a Galactus deck.

Yeah yeah, I'm an rear end in a top hat for playing it, but considering I got CP three games in a row, I guess I should take the hint and either stop playing it or slot in Killmonger.

Cloak is a good one too, and covers more options

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

DrBouvenstein posted:

Despite what they say about location randomness, there’s definitely something hosed up with it. I get locations multiple games in a row far too often.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Yeah I’m on the location batching conspiracy train. I don’t even think it’s on purpose. I just think whatever randomizer they’re using isn’t all that random and is probably using player ID to generate seeds.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

No, no, it’s very normal and natural and reflective of good statistics to get Weirdworld 4x in a 5 round conquest.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Mine was Sanctum yesterday. It showed up in at least 50% of games in my small afternoon session.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Just as a heads up, a patch is now live that fixes the end turn bug