Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
china is trying to get the palestinian factions to unite which will be difficult considering fatah is controlled by america and israel

=====

Hamas and Fatah hold reconciliation talks in Beijing

The Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas) and Fatah said China would host talks to discuss internal reconciliation efforts.

The Hamas delegation will head a member of the movement’s political bureau, Moussa Abu Marzouq, while the Fatah Azzam Al-Ahmad delegation will be headed.

A Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman said his country supports "all Palestinian factions in achieving reconciliation and promoting solidarity through dialogue and consultation."

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...31601;&%231610;

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

[P/I] Out of my way! I'm Hitler!

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Al-Saqr posted:

china is trying to get the palestinian factions to unite which will be difficult considering fatah is controlled by america and israel

=====

Hamas and Fatah hold reconciliation talks in Beijing

The Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas) and Fatah said China would host talks to discuss internal reconciliation efforts.

The Hamas delegation will head a member of the movement’s political bureau, Moussa Abu Marzouq, while the Fatah Azzam Al-Ahmad delegation will be headed.

A Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman said his country supports "all Palestinian factions in achieving reconciliation and promoting solidarity through dialogue and consultation."

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...31601;&%231610;

China's been playing the adult in the room in pretty much every part of the world that isn't close the nine dash line by doing making some sort of reasonable statement whenever America is busy showing whole rear end geopolitically. I think they and everyone knows nothing will come of it but it's good optics for them.

I was hoping that the escalations by Israel would crate an incentive for China or Russia to start taking a much more active role on the side of Palestine regardless of why, but I think Russia also shares some interest in keeping the middle east unstable and poor, while whatever gain China could get from that isn't worth the risk and they're extremely cautious and restrained when it comes to anything far removed from their border.

PhilippAchtel posted:

Butter Activities has issued a correction as of 21:29 on Apr 26, 2024

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

The lack of self-awareness... it still shocks you.

“Even though the land could not yet absorb sixteen million, nor even eight, enough could return... to prove that the enterprise was one that blessed him that gave as well as him that took by forming for England a little loyal Jewish Ulster in a sea of potentially hostile Arabism.”

I didn't really know the whole Pollard story except for Israeli attempts to get him out. I just read the whole thing and holy poo poo the guy just lied constantly about his spook dad and managed to land security clearance because of it, then just horded intel in his apartment for him and his wife to either sell or use to their advantage.

quote:

The government alleged that Pollard used classified documents to unsuccessfully broker an arms deal with the governments of South Africa, Argentina, and Taiwan. FBI investigators also determined that Pollard met with three Pakistanis and an Iranian foreigner in an attempt to broker arms in 1985. Pollard eventually cooperated with investigators in exchange for a plea agreement for leniency for himself and his wife. Israel said initially that Pollard worked for an unauthorized rogue operation, a position they maintained for more than ten years. They finally agreed to cooperate with the investigation in exchange for immunity for the Israelis involved.

When asked to return the stolen material, the Israelis reportedly supplied only a few dozen less sensitive documents. At the time, the Americans knew that Pollard had passed tens of thousands of documents.

The Israeli hero tried to sell classified documents to three other countries before he ran into an Israeli spy.

You can add this to your "why are they like this?" folder:

quote:

The Israelis created a schedule designed to wear the American investigators down, including many hours per day of commuting in blacked-out buses on rough roads, and frequent switching of buses, leaving them without adequate time to sleep, and preventing them from sleeping on the commute. The identity of Pollard's original handler, Sella, was withheld. All questions had to be translated into Hebrew and answered in Hebrew, and then translated back into English, even though all the parties spoke perfect English. The Commander Jerry Agee remembers that, even as he departed the airport, airport security made a point of informing him that "you will never be coming back here again." After his return to the US, Agee found various items had been stolen from his luggage.The abuse came not only from the guards and officials, but also the Israeli media.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

send ben gvir to traffic court then send him to genocide court

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004
when a woman says something's not funny, you better not laugh your ass off

I'm gonna go ahead and say these protests are important.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

tristeham posted:

Itamar Ben-Gvir, Minister of National Security of Israel, is car brained.

would rather he be brained by car

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Solidarity is beautiful

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

It’s the little “…Oh!” of recognition at the end followed by the mouth cover that makes this one

Clip-On Fedora has issued a correction as of 22:10 on Apr 26, 2024

CheetoVonTito
Nov 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

Bisan’s video about college protests:
“Your voice is louder than the sound of their bombs”

Also the last 20 seconds when she has tears of joy in her eyes, absolutely killed me

Till my last breath:Free Palestine

https://x.com/hijabithinker/status/1783943767038304296?s=46

CheetoVonTito has issued a correction as of 22:06 on Apr 26, 2024

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

the Egyptian government according to a friend of mine is calling up reservists, something it hasn’t done since the 1970’s.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/2023gazawar/status/1783913163777253397

It seems Israel is going to try to roll the dice and break the camp David treaty despite Egypt’s warnings.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
gonna lol forever if it turns out the guy usa spent tens of billions buying in egypt has zero actual power lol

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Truga posted:

gonna lol forever if it turns out the guy usa spent tens of billions buying in egypt has zero actual power lol

Sisi is a puppet for the deep state guys who actually run Egypt, he can barely read.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

So, is there something in the camp david treaty regarding rafah specifically, is the concern that isreal is going to cross the border as part of their operations, or is it just the concern of refugees streaming across the border?

Personally I feel like egypt would gun down palestinians trying to cross the boarder before they would ever raise a hand against israel, but I don't really know the specifics of the treaties in place between egypt and israel, or the Egyptian military's true concerns.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

there are a lot of factors at play here and while the balance of probability is always in favor of Arab comprador regimes doing nothing, Egypt is in a really volatile state right now and has more to lose from Israel’s genocide than any other state (obviously not more than the Palestinians themselves). the Egyptian people hate israel with the fire of a thousand exploding suns and a war against an unpopular enemy is a sure fire way to distract from domestic woes, but Egypt isn’t really eager to fight with the IOF, let alone with America - and the one thing sure to provoke a direct American military response would be the Israeli military engaging an actual other military and getting its rear end kicked.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Butter Activities posted:

Cheers to whoever hit Ben Gvir’s car while he was running a red, jeers for not killing him

All the calm Hitlers over on r/Isreal were also complaining he survived. At least he's a massive liability :gbsmith:.

PhilippAchtel posted:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/mayadeenenglish/status/1783973536752677181?s=46&t=UyfxoSAUKW7QZlR_GhkuYA

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

HallelujahLee posted:

why do these losers keep thinking that egypt or qatar can do anything at all to pressure hamas

Egypt will never fall out of line so long as the Aswan Dam is holding back water

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

many people are saying this

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

evilmiera posted:

That would include the people who got themselves drummed out by sabotaging everything they could to get out of serving, if we're going by what someone posted earlier in the thread.

trashy tony ...

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

https://x.com/nancyosk1/status/1768341765176652136

:( :canada:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

hubris.height posted:

many people are saying this

many more are saying 'Israel' or Isn'trael or Israhell

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Oh golly I wonder how that happened???

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lmfao at his car being overfilled with junk

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

Homeless Friend posted:

lmfao at his car being overfilled with junk

it’s his car! he’s supposed to be there!

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

occasionally going to the hospital for trauma is the price you pay for enhanced personal security measures such as running red lights

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

I'm sure this happened.

quote:

Noga Weiss, an 18-year-old former hostage, told N12 on Thursday that her terrorist captor had demanded her hand in marriage and insisted that she stay in Gaza to raise his children.

Weiss, who was released on her 50th day in captivity as part of a temporary ceasefire agreement, was kidnapped from Kibbutz Beeri on October 7.

After 14 days in captivity, her captor gave her a ring and demanded that she stay in Gaza to marry him and have his children.

“He told me, ‘Everyone will be released, but you will stay here with me and have my children,’” she recalled. “I pretended to laugh so he wouldn’t shoot me in the head.”

https://www.jpost.com/israel-hamas-war/article-798830

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/OrganizerMemes/status/1783951101269770365

Return of the King

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

they can’t even help but replay the most tired tropes

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

Brandon Proust posted:

it’s his car! he’s supposed to be there!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Ken's return is imminent!

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Took me a minute to realize Ken Bone wasn't telling people to do blackface.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

this Paul soccer guy… let’s hear more from them…

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

WHAT A TWEEST

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Hamas in tunnels : beautiful human submarines

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

mawarannahr posted:

trashy tony ...

Does anyone have a reference thread to this goon? It sounds like an interesting story

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

lol this reads like such a turd drop in the water

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
hey everybody, ive got an update on ben-gvir's condition:

🙃

praying for a quick recovery so he can go back to running red lights asap