Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lobster shirt posted:

im from texas and do not give goons permission to say yall. its our word.

Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

Heath posted:

One of the first shots of your character is in a bizarre and terrifying fish-eye lens positioned as if the camera were a GoPro trained on her forehead and it's very disorientinting

*nods sagely* ah, the rei ayanami shot. Love when a director knows the obscure classics

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

lobster shirt posted:

im from texas and do not give goons permission to say yall. its our word.

:hai:
any non-Southern, non-Texan goon who says yall comes across as Master Shake and you can definitely tell

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Honestly a game that's like dark souls and halo had a baby sounds like it would kick rear end, where do I find one of those

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Fajita Queen posted:

Honestly a game that's like dark souls and halo had a baby sounds like it would kick rear end, where do I find one of those

Gaylo

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

Fajita Queen posted:

gaylo

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fajita Queen posted:

I'm trying Rogue Trader tonight. I'll let you know if that's it.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

its only gay if the rings touch

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
the loathsome dung eater (celebratory)

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Fajita Queen posted:

right here in my hand.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na0g_DsNXr8

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

A Soulsian Mario would be quite choice.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

I usually say you all in real life I think but to be honest whether you're using you singularly or you plurally is usually pretty clear from context. In terms of pronouns English needs and I regularly see confusion about in real life its usually whether or not we and us includes the person I'm talking to.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
calling everything "souls" is a cliche but I think the last kirby game showed how well deliberately paced 3d boss fights based on learning melee attack patterns, work with Kirby. drat that game owned

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

I usually say you all in real life I think but to be honest whether you're using you singularly or you plurally is usually pretty clear from context. In terms of pronouns English needs and I regularly see confusion about in real life its usually whether or not we and us includes the person I'm talking to.

clusivity is so sick. we need those inclusive and exclusive pronouns.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

Feels Villeneuve posted:

calling everything "souls" is a cliche but I think the last kirby game showed how well deliberately paced 3d boss fights based on learning melee attack patterns, work with Kirby. drat that game owned

Giving Kirby a dodge roll was unironically a great move.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

the loathsome dung eater (celebratory)

& don't u fuckin forget it

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

mycatscrimes posted:

Giving Kirby a dodge roll was unironically a great move.

I showed my friend the final boss fight and he was like "why is it Bayonetta all of a sudden, I thought this was a baby game" and that was fun

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

My favorite souls game is soul caliber 2 on the Xbox because it had spawn in it

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Bicyclops posted:

lol for some reason at how lightning quick some goons were able to clear up the Taylor Swift lore

Don't you ever loving doubt me when it comes to Taylor lore

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

CelticPredator posted:

My favorite souls game is soul caliber 2 on the Xbox because it had spawn in it

i had gamecube with link. he had a 90⁰ throw that you could use to ring out the ai in seconds in most fights

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

cozy farm metroidvania when? *sets out cookies for bob's brother*

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Wasnt that a boss in odyssey already

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
The "fake ambiguous accent as a way to sound flippant and totally not mad" has been around for a long time, but it got really out of hand on Tumblr where eventually everybody started to sound like Foghorn Leghorn.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i say i say that post is mighty problematic

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Faking his own death and running to tik tok to run an account with an AI voice and a cartoon simulacra of his head all make sense, in the grand internet scheme. But why did he decide to rebrand his twitter alt to an anal focused account to post his rear end and balls?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Nuns with Guns posted:

Faking his own death and running to tik tok to run an account with an AI voice and a cartoon simulacra of his head all make sense, in the grand internet scheme. But why did he decide to rebrand his twitter alt to an anal focused account to post his rear end and balls?

It's more or less the inevitable end state of the terminally online lunatic.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

whom amongst us

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Fajita Queen posted:

Have you considered Remnant 2?

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
james somerton: butthole guy

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

no, inch high butthole guy is Larry?

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

NoiseAnnoys posted:

valko, have you considered documenting your life, perhaps in a blog or youtube video journal form?

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

lmfao @ gun guys

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Heath posted:

Indika is cool. It's an extremely hack thing to do nowadays to describe games solely in terms of other games ("it's a love letter to classic RPGs like Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger!" "It's like Dark Souls had a baby with Halo!") but I am glad to say that even if I had the urge to do that I cannot think of anything else to compare it to. I'm only a few hours in and the game's presentation is utterly unique in a good way. The ambient noise of the area gives way to bizarre 8-bit soundtracks despite a very bleak and austere winter atmosphere. There are occasional diversions into flashbacks rendered in pixel art. There's an experience system for some reason. Some really loving weird poo poo happens. The game has a clear vision and some very interesting directorial decisions, especially with regard to camera angles. One of the first shots of your character is in a bizarre and terrifying fish-eye lens positioned as if the camera were a GoPro trained on her forehead and it's very disorientinting

Anyway go pick it up maybe. Just beware that the game has a bit of the jank factor to it and a lot of overthinkable puzzles

I really like Indika and it has my favourite payoff to their level-up system (not the ultimate one, which is very good, but the mechanic where you can get some points for lighting candles and praying to Jesus (late game spoiler) you enter one dark room, there's a prompt to light a candle and you do so but you don't get awarded points, and then the candle light brightens the environment and you realize the portrait is not that of Jesus but Karl Marx).

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Dongicus posted:

lmfao @ gun guys

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

Keeping her memory alive!

Dongicus posted:

lmfao @ gun guys

I swear to god...

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Watched limmy play indika and he binned it pretty quick. Not an indication of its quality at all cus hes a miserable bastard lol. Game looked cool

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Cassian of Imola posted:

I swear to god...

I can't take it anymore

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

TFR rule 7, thread rule 4. No JAQing like "where do the bullets end up?" "how was the laughing toddler a threat to your life?". User loses posting privileges for 12 hours.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I think it's cool that every shutin scared of dogs and children owns a huge arsenal in case someone robs their gooncave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Cassian of Imola posted:

I swear to god...

As we all know, it is the sacred law of the land in all 50 states that if you have a cooler gun than a cop, the cop has to give you their hat and badge and now you're the cop for as long as you have the coolest gun