Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Name it ladles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
PM me and I'll change it back tomorrow when I'm back at my PC if nobody beats me to it :)

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Hades 2: This Is Our Comeback Tour

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I have restored Lades to the Hades 2 thread

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Mode 7 posted:

I have restored Lades to the Hades 2 thread

:cheers:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

idgi

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Due to a large glut of notable industry news, some people have been advocating for the return of the industry discussion thread. My questions are as follows: Is this a bad idea, and how can we permaban everyone who posts there?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Due to a large glut of notable industry news, some people have been advocating for the return of the industry discussion thread. My questions are as follows: Is this a bad idea, and how can we permaban everyone who posts there?

its a bad idea but it might be funny

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What news lol. « This one studio closed because of incompetent management and unrestricted greed » yeah well join the frickin club !!!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Last time it was discussed we decided we're not having that thread again. I think everyone is surviving fine without it.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Just talk about industry news in the thread(s) it's relevant in when it happens imo. I've seen posting/discussions about the recent Microsoft closures for example in a bunch of threads, and that's fine!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
THIS is the new games industry thread :twisted:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

a games industry thread that's actually just for discussing all of those various game dev simulator clones

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

but if we dont have one how will we know which random guys who made a game i dont like are responsible for all sex crimes ever

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mode 7 posted:

Just talk about industry news in the thread(s) it's relevant in when it happens imo. I've seen posting/discussions about the recent Microsoft closures for example in a bunch of threads, and that's fine!

that said if this is the mod policy can you do something about the guys who wail and gnash their teeth everytime people post news in the threads

Seltzer posted:

Can all these video game news mongers post in a video game news thread or something? Same thing happened during the FTC trial. Just brings in a torrent of weirdos.

Seltzer posted:

All of your posts are trashing phil and doom posting about the company. You're exactly the type I'm talking about. I swear you people spend more time thinking about video game news and politicking then playing games. It's weird. Same poo poo happened for a week when xbox put high fi rush and sea of thieves on PS5 and acted like the sky was falling.

John F Bennett posted:

They're just the stereotypical Twitter trolls, console warriors and manbabies. They have the IQ of a corn cob and most likely smell bad.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Fajita Queen posted:

a games industry thread that's actually just for discussing all of those various game dev simulator clones

I want someone to do an investigative journalism piece on the eastern-european Simulator sweatshop studios so bad.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Endorph posted:

that said if this is the mod policy can you do something about the guys who wail and gnash their teeth everytime people post news in the threads

Yeah I dunno why people care about this so much.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Opinions on game developers is bad.

Opinions on video games is good.

Unless it's not my opinion. Then it's bad.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Endorph posted:

‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎‎‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ mod ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ can you do something about ‎ ‎ ‎‎ guys who ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ post ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎‎

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

HopperUK posted:

Yeah I dunno why people care about this so much.

I'm not the trolls quoted in the OP but there's a lot of people who only post in the Xbox thread when news happens, and it can be jarring when you're just there to talk about what games you're playing. I thought the Tango/Arkane discussion that prompted those posts was pretty mild though. Shoutouts to the rereg raging about Phil Spencer loving up the Halo novel continuity, and the guy who's still mad about Larry Parish calling Sony "Soyny".

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

people come to threads to post

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
on the one hand people should be able to post news. on the other hand that one guy is a bad poster and a likely rereg of worms butthole guy. much to unpack.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
much like mass effect, there are choices and consequences.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you don't post bad you won't fill up your posting renegade points.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Solo Wing Pixy did a Let's Play of Baldur's Gate 3 in the Baldur's Gate 3 thread. It was fun and they just wrapped it up, check it out:

click here to view

:cheers:

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Mods, ban them for not posting it in the LP subforum

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Scholtz posted:

*sigh* I suppose my hands are tied.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Scholtz posted:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Scholtz posted:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
uh oh!

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

no, I'M wizard2. Ban ME.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

All spartacuses please line up neatly

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

spartacuses. spartacles. spartacai?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Spartacussies

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Orv posted:

Spartacussies

No.