Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: loquacius)

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
he’s going to appoint himself dictator and you laugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

bedpan posted:

lmao forever that if trump won in 2020 he would be approaching the end of his political life right now instead of getting another four years in the limelight

Getting to bookend his two terms around four years of Biden making GBS threads his pants on TV will sure be good for his legacy

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

bedpan posted:

lmao forever that if trump won in 2020 he would be approaching the end of his political life right now instead of getting another four years in the limelight

tfw pence wouldn’t do the needful

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1790449569412555213#m

mags
May 30, 2008

Good Citizen posted:

tfw pence wouldn’t do the needful

he would have but that day he was feeling a little horse

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

scrolled through replies and no saddam edit yet boo

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

weird loving humiliating fetish aspect of all of the reporting

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

bedpan posted:

weird loving humiliating fetish aspect of all of the reporting

the only relatable thing about the NYT is when they are very much enjoying making presidents sad

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Trump anoints himself dictator for life, dies January 20 2029

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

Joementum posted:

omg i had never seen his reading recommendations page

https://www.sethabramson.net/recs

hahahahahahaaha :laffo: :lol:

I’m cringing internally that there was a time, to my great embarrassment, that I used to read some of this dipshit’s tweets

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

BREAKING: PUBLIC BUILDING IS UNCOMFORTABLE

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

the only relatable thing about the NYT is when they are very much enjoying making presidents sad

I guess. reminds me of any coverage around putin, which always revolve around something like "putin HUMILIATED. will be forced to wear women's clothing"

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

bedpan posted:

I guess. reminds me of any coverage around putin, which always revolve around something like "putin HUMILIATED. will be forced to wear women's clothing"

the pissy back and forth between the Biden administration and the NYT about how the other one needs to let bygones be bygones, and bow before their better has been one of the more fun little subplots of the lastt few weeks

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Majorian posted:

Trump's not going to win.

He's going to be charged, sentenced, and incarcerated for the Stormy Daniels hush money trial, David Pecker is going to take the stand and admit to the catch & release part of the scheme, Michael Cohen is going to reveal in great detail how he funded Stormy Daniels, and Trump will be convicted before Election Day.

He WILL do prison time before Election Day. Anyone supporting Trump at that point will be supporting a convicted and incarcerated felon.

And then who knows, maybe Karen McDougal's case might decide to come up, since Stormy Daniels will go such a thorough job of publicly loving him over!

Syq

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

lol

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Joementum posted:

omg i had never seen his reading recommendations page

https://www.sethabramson.net/recs

hahahahahahaaha :laffo: :lol:

Most of these are comics lmao

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

maybe public buildings shouldn't be shitholes

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

I’ll listen when he stops spitting cum on the craft services table

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

What an incredible mismatch of the man and the moment. Idiot arrogant Senator and bow President who grew up and was raised to impose American imperialism and finanzialization of our economy, in the twilight of American hegemony. Couldn't cast it better.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

drat it looks exactly like every single courtroom i've ever seen

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

spacemang_spliff posted:

I totally buy all of this, especially "the universe hates CSPAM predictions" part and yeah Biden could still win. But like, how? He's losing in GA, NV, AZ and probably most of the rust belt. He barely won in 2020 and he's doing worse in all the states he needed to win in 2020 and even then the margins were close in the rust belt.

Doesn't matter our elections are fake. Deep state hates Trump they're not going to let him be president again just like they didn't let a whole bunch of people elect Communist governments after World War 2

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Majorian posted:

I mean, in all seriousness I think there's probably something to the argument that the polls aren't terribly accurate right now. Plus a hell of a lot of disaffected Dems who are saying right now that they won't vote for Joe will just end up coming home in November because of abortion and Trump = Hitler.

yeah I think it pretty much comes down to how mad people still are about Dobbs. But I think Trump (not the rest of the GOP just trump) is smart enough to shut up about abortion because it's a losing issue. A sizeable portion of dems will come back and vote but 10, 20 thousand votes might be enough to swing a state. This should be a gimme for the Dems but lmao

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
i mostly just want trump to win because I drunkenly bet my brother a $100 that trump was gonna win and I don't want to lose lol god i'm a dumbass lmao

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
hilarious when these guys play boomer protest songs where they've clearly never listened to the lyrics

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1790460634380775568

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Neil Young posted:

Don’t feel like Satan, but I am to them
So I try to forget it any way I can

that's you tony

THAT'S REFERRING TO YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Joementum posted:

hilarious when these guys play boomer protest songs where they've clearly never listened to the lyrics

"Now play Ohio"

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

nailed it now certainly all the never trumpers will vote for genocide joe

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

All of this press masturbation over hush money payments I'm positive nobody aside from democrat partisans gives two shits about.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Clip-On Fedora posted:

I genuinely believe the Democrats will outright rig this election if it looks like Biden will lose, and they will say they did it to preserve democracy.
zero self-reflection
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1zjNntlXPo

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

holefoods posted:

I’ll listen when he stops spitting cum on the craft services table

They used to shoot on film, you know? 20,000 dollars every time the director says cut. But Robert DeNiro is back there in his trailer.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

RealityWarCriminal posted:

they are not going to send a presidential candidate to jail for a 130,000$ campaign finance violation 8 years ago lol
trump going to prison for a 130,000$ campaign finance violation 8 years ago would increase his electoral chances and break the eugene debs record

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

im reviewing these tariffs and they really seem to want to destroy certain industries with these moronic tariffs

not even trump raised them that much lol

looking forward to China's response

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

I remember that poo poo and thinking that wasn't even the right move to do. If you want to do a corrupt bargain promise to get all the dem to vote for an electable non-trump republican (Ted Cruz for example) and try to convince a few republicans to vote for him. But noooooooo, vote for Hillary Clinton, please, you like her soooooooooo much. Really, they are the smartest people in the room.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Joementum posted:

they have to actually sing it and it's not subtle! imagine getting through the third verse and thinking neil is saying good things about america

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

$130,000 is how much some oil exec pays to attend a Biden fundraiser for a couple hours

mags
May 30, 2008

Joementum posted:

this would not play in Peoria

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Toplowtech posted:

I remember that poo poo and thinking that wasn't even the right move to do. If you want to do a corrupt bargain promise to get all the dem to vote for an electable non-trump republican (Ted Cruz for example) and try to convince a few republicans to vote for him. But noooooooo, vote for Hillary Clinton, please, you like her soooooooooo much. Really, they are the smartest people in the room.
another striking aspect is the rhetorical arguments the hollywood liberals use ("qualifications", i dont like him) are more "authoritarian" than trump arguing the election should be overturned because of fraudulent ballots

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

HallelujahLee posted:

im reviewing these tariffs and they really seem to want to destroy certain industries with these moronic tariffs

not even trump raised them that much lol

looking forward to China's response

Don't worry, I've got it right here

China posted:

lol ok enjoy not having steel I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

comedyblissoption posted:

another striking aspect is the rhetorical arguments the hollywood liberals use ("qualifications", i dont like him) are more "authoritarian" than trump arguing the election should be overturned because of fraudulent ballots

What about "a faithless elector incident would be really really funny"? That's not authoritarian, right?