Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

finally, the worst cartoon. we've found it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Don't threaten me with a good time!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

It's based on a National Lampoon magazine cover from 1973.

Yes, I'm well aware.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Rishi Sunak’s dire prophecies for the next five years – The prime minister has kickstarted his election campaign with warnings about war, immigration and AI"

Telegraph:

Putin sacks Russian defence minister Sergei Shoigu

Matt:

Times:

Evening Standard:

London's Airbnb Wild West: Capital 'hollowed out' by short-term lets eroding private rental market

David Squires:
"David Squires on … Tottenham’s new fans and other end-of-season surprises - Our cartoonist on the Premier League doing strange things to mascots (and people) as it nears its finale"

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

[/b]

As opposed to Trump who averages a lie per second?

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Only a minority of students are willing to stand up for what is right, for Palestine, against genocide. The rest have accepted Nazism. A good cartoon.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Nihilarian posted:

Tatsuya: *draws an idiot saying both sides suck to show how stupid it is to say that*
Also Tats: *draws an identical idiot on the opposite side to say that both sides suck*

Well he's not saying both sides suck.

He's making a Nazi argument. There is one bad side, the Jews, and anyone who doesn't take a side on Israel-Palestine is dumb for not seeing how evil Jews are. And also that anyone who fights about domestic partisan politics is dumb because they're too busy hating the other political party to recognize their real, common enemy (the Jews of course).

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Former military lawyer David McBride sentenced to almost six years in jail for sharing classified information with journalists (ABC).

Rowe:

Lethbridge:

Spooner:

MJ Feral
May 1, 2024

VitalSigns posted:

Well he's not saying both sides suck.

He's making a Nazi argument. There is one bad side, the Jews, and anyone who doesn't take a side on Israel-Palestine is dumb for not seeing how evil Jews are. And also that anyone who fights about domestic partisan politics is dumb because they're too busy hating the other political party to recognize their real, common enemy (the Jews of course).

This is proven even more by his recent two comics where the Jews protesting for Palestine are now the bad guys. Honestly shocked it took him this long to get there with it.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Adam Zyglis

Amjad Rasmi

Bill Bramhall

Carlos Latuff

Clay Bennett

Dave Granlund

Dave Whamond

Dick Wright

Jack Ohman

Jeff Danziger

Jeff Stahler

You could probably get Rudy Giuliani, kid. I don't think he's got a steady gig right now.

John Darkow

Matt Davies

NEMØ

Pedro X. Molina

Randall Enos

Rivers

I have to admit I am impressed by the consistent stupidity of Rivers' offerings.

Walt Handelsman

Yaakov Kirschen (Dry Bones)

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Yep, that's the only thing Biden inherited from a Trump presidency. The millions that died under Trump’s presidency? gently caress that, it's nothing. But have you seen how much the price of a dozen of eggs has risen?!?!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Just a casual reminder that Israel has passed up multiple opportunities to get all hostages freed because they would rather just bomb civilians.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Speleothing posted:

Only a minority of students are willing to stand up for what is right, for Palestine, against genocide. The rest have accepted Nazism. A good cartoon.

Imagine butchering your metaphor so badly that the message your comic is literally portraying is that university students come in two flavours, Palestine Supporters and Nazis. How is he so bad at this?

EDIT: And that the Nazi's outnumber them! ARGH!

hooman fucked around with this message at 07:42 on May 15, 2024

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Correlation Does Not Equal Causation, Even in Gaza

Ted Rall posted:

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and his supporters keep repeating the talking point that all of the civilian casualties in Gaza should be blamed upon Hamas because Hamas begin the latest conflict with his attack on October 7. By their logic, literally anything that they chose to do after October 7 would be justifiable.

First Dog on the Moon: Is Jim's budget 'surplus' performative fiddling while people need help or is it a steady hand on the economic tiller?

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Andy Marlette

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Tom Stiglich

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

Vib Rib posted:

Just a casual reminder that Israel has passed up multiple opportunities to get all hostages freed because they would rather just bomb civilians.

They bombed most of their own hostages because they have leveled so much of Gaza.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

[/b]

It's incredible what a virtuoso Stiglich is; he's a true master of his craft. Every single piece just pushes the art form further, exploring the rich edge of possibilities in how this visual medium can convey ideas. The framing. The composition. The near flawless execution on a technical front. Not to mention how the metaphor itself is positively layered with so much meaning and depth.

Hacks like David Pope should sit up and take notice.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
He'll also call you a commie for using foreign words like virtuoso.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

idonotlikepeas posted:

lmao

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I was wondering what this “watch check” controversy was. Apparently, Biden looked at his watch at an inopportune time. Probably.

That’s it.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Murdstone posted:

I was wondering what this “watch check” controversy was. Apparently, Biden looked at his watch at an inopportune time. Probably.

That’s it.

While wearing a tan suit and a rainbow tie! The monster!

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Keir Starmer’s meeting with unions on workers’ rights - The talks come amid divisions over whether the proposals have been watered down since they were first proposed by Labour’s deputy leader, Angela Rayner."

Telegraph:

Ukraine forced to retreat from new front lines; ‘Free world is with you’: Antony Blinken plays guitar in Kyiv bar

Times:

‘Up to’ 28 ships and submarines to be built under Tory plans, says Grant Shapps

Evening Standard:

First official portrait of King Charles since coronation unveiled

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Technowolf posted:

While wearing a tan suit and a rainbow tie! The monster!

At least he didn't ask for Dijon mustard.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Pope:

Treasurer Jim Chalmers who delivered a budget with a focus on alleviating cost of living pressures but not so much as to drive up inflation or spook the Reserve Bank into raising interest rates.

Rowe:

The "Back in Black" mug was merch the Coalition were selling back in 2019 when they were loudly boasting that they would be finally back in surplus the following year, then 2020 happened. Chalmers has delivered his second surplus in a row.

Wilcox:

Lethbridge:

The fish is a $300 energy bill rebate, which the government has been attacked because they're giving it to all households without means testing (as in billionaires will be getting it too).

Knight:

Spooner:

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Carlos Latuff

Christopher Weyant

"I wish we didn't have so much politics," said the political cartoonists.

Clay Bennett

David M. Hitch

Dick Wright

Drew Sheneman

Ed Gamble

Jack Ohman

Jeff Danziger

Jeff Stahler

Jimmy Margulies

John Darkow

Lee Judge

Ah, yes, the secret Republican project to send death threats to sperm whales.

Lisa Benson

Matt Davies

Mike Smith

Rivers

Robert (R.J.) Matson

Walt Handelsman

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

I always enjoy looking these up because conservatives will misrepresent headlines in embarrassingly increasing degrees, but here I just can't find anything. All headline results are about trying to make it a defense in Trump trials but there's nothing like what he's writing that I can find anywhere even partially reputable, so I'm not sure what he's talking about.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

This worm actually could plausibly be intended to be a tapeworm, and is not just an earthworm inexplicably in someone's brain, as so many of these cartoons are.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

idonotlikepeas posted:

Is Biden a giant compared to Bibi? Oh why the gently caress am I caring so much. The obvious answer is that cartoonists ITT can't draw to scale

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Tom the Dancing Bug by Ruben Bolling

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
You assholes spent the entire time from 1947-1991 in a pissing match to prove this economic system, namely the one where the government (especially the executive branch) is as independent as possible from the economy, is superior. You're the ones who want the President to have very little influence over the economy, you got it, you and the mainstream media can both stop intentionally forgetting that. And yes I know it's intentional because why the gently caress else would the media push a knowingly false narrative to the degree that the majority of Americans believe it for the first time

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7SsFP0fG2Y
The singular exception I know of, and of course it's clearly presented that they're primarily saying this to back Biden

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 10:41 on May 16, 2024

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

Vib Rib posted:

I always enjoy looking these up because conservatives will misrepresent headlines in embarrassingly increasing degrees, but here I just can't find anything. All headline results are about trying to make it a defense in Trump trials but there's nothing like what he's writing that I can find anywhere even partially reputable, so I'm not sure what he's talking about.

A few weeks ago, there was a hubbub about how, before photographing the area, the FBI had replaced the actual stolen documents with placeholders marked with what document had been there. Because, you know, the stolen documents were classified, and so shouldn't be photographed.

This has been FOXed to mean the FBI staged the document crime scenes.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Torrent posted:

A few weeks ago, there was a hubbub about how, before photographing the area, the FBI had replaced the actual stolen documents with placeholders marked with what document had been there. Because, you know, the stolen documents were classified, and so shouldn't be photographed.

Not one to nitpick the FBI's methods but couldn't they have blurred the photos

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Torrent posted:

But Trump has himself said many times that he took the documents because he was allowed to.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Microplastics posted:

That creates the possibility that classified info leaks because a photo was improperly blurred or failed to be blurred. It's much safer to meticulously document where everything was and then put in a placeholder, and the act of photographing the placeholder helps to ensure that everything was documented correctly.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Dirk the Average posted:

That creates the possibility that classified info leaks because a photo was improperly blurred or failed to be blurred. It's much safer to meticulously document where everything was and then put in a placeholder, and the act of photographing the placeholder helps to ensure that everything was documented correctly.
Yeah as I understand it the photos were more about documenting where and how things were found, not as proof that they found them in the first place.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Microplastics posted:

Even if they successfully blurred the photos so they are now 100% unrecognizable, then how do you know what documents they are, and how is that functionally different from putting in an index card with “EVIDENCE ##### was here” on it?

The only upside I can think of is if there was an FBI nepotism-hire who needed something to do, they could get some hours.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Rishi Sunak keeping children safe – The prime minister as a stork: would you trust him with your infant?"

Telegraph:

King unveils first portrait since Coronation

Matt:

Schools must not teach gender ideology under new government sex education plans

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Keir Starmer vows to tackle London's huge social divides as he unveils six 'First Step' election pledges

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

The Islamic Shock posted:

You assholes spent the entire time from 1947-1991 in a pissing match to prove this economic system, namely the one where the government (especially the executive branch) is as independent as possible from the economy, is superior. You're the ones who want the President to have very little influence over the economy, you got it, you and the mainstream media can both stop intentionally forgetting that. And yes I know it's intentional because why the gently caress else would the media push a knowingly false narrative to the degree that the majority of Americans believe it for the first time

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7SsFP0fG2Y
The singular exception I know of, and of course it's clearly presented that they're primarily saying this to back Biden

No, but if the other guy were in charge, capitalism would magically work.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Pope:

Rowe:

Opposition leader Peter Dutton gave the budget reply speech.

Herbert:

Wilcox:

Knight:

Scott Morrison says Donald Trump subject to a ‘pile-on’ in US and poses for photo at famous gilded lift (Guardian).

Lethbridge:

Anthony Albanese defends evicting tenant from his Sydney property (Guardian). Also DEBT as projections for the next decade are Australia will hit one trillion.

Leak, Son of Leak:

Albanese labels words of government senator who broke ranks to accuse Israel of genocide 'not appropriate' (ABC).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Can anyone identify whose works these are based off of?