Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

LeBrontron is god-king of Cleveland so he could retire tomorrow and be at peace with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Did Karl run his mouth some more on Lowe's podcast? I saw it but I don't really wanna listen to an hour of Karl talking poo poo.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Dexo posted:

Cuban is pretty much 95% right.

However he comes off as a gigantic rear end in a top hat.

Agreed. It's got to suck to support a team with an evil owner.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Cuban owns

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

chunkles posted:

Did Karl run his mouth some more on Lowe's podcast? I saw it but I don't really wanna listen to an hour of Karl talking poo poo.

He was on LeBatard yesterday and basically backtracked and apologized so I imagine the Lowe Post will be much the same.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Cuban owns, the refs suck, Durant sucks

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
If I had billions there is a 99% chance I would be a total rear end in a top hat.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I wouldn't even need billions, I could just skip breakfast or something and be hungry in the midmorning

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

I'm already an rear end in a top hat so I should be given the money as it wouldn't worsen my disposition at all

ESPN picked up Bucks Rockets! League pass superstar teams gettin some RESPECT :)

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I was tossed from an 8th grade girls basketball game for cursing at a ref so I imagine at the billion dollar level I'd hire personal investigators to stalk them and their families

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

https://vine.co/v/eXTldKe5YMX

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Marc Cuban is a black mark on Pittsburgh .

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

predicto posted:

Tons of guys do that. They just hide it better, by taking an extra dribble so they get the heave off jusssssst after the buzzer.

Curry may be the only one who legitimately does not give a drat. Seems like he takes about 5 times as many of those hail mary shots as anyone else.

Tyreke Evans, too. Though he actually makes many of them.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

chunkles posted:

Not really. Lowe kind of softballs him and says he understands that guys talk that way away from reporters, but he also asked different questions because all the other chatter has been done to death already.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

NotWearingPants posted:

This is the best:

Paul Zuvella posted:

Will Lebron be gone in 5 years? He'll be 37. It doesn't seem crazy that he'd still be playing by then.

e: I'd imagine if Lebron has the chance to pass Malone for points and Magic for Assists he sticks around for a long time.

He will play until he reaches 50,000/10,000/10,000.

attackmole posted:

Do players actually care about that stuff? I mean it's nice and all and I'm sure they're glad when they hear they're up there but I'm skeptical. I guess Kobe's insane so it seemed more plausible when people were like "KOBE'S GONNA STICK AROUND TO GO FOR THE POINTS RECORD" but I have a hard time imagining normal athletes caring about chasing numbers versus chasing championships, especially if they've already had an insanely successful career.

Some do and some don't. Gary Payton was on TV once and was talking about all his career stats so I'm confident he did.

Jordan said he didn't care about stats and he retired a few times so it seems like he didn't play for the stats.

attackmole posted:

The pretty commonly rumoured for a lot of players actually. Usually you wait to hear the buzzer before going for the heave anyways so you can go *welp I tried* but not have it count against your FG's.

This happens all the time and it's very obvious.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Metapod posted:

That makes a lot of sense grant would make the defense better and would make the transition offense even more powerful without taking much away from the half court sets. The bench defense would get worse with that though but it's already bad so would it even matter?

Donovan's been monkeying with that second unit all season, now playing Roberson with them instead of Oladipo. They can find a way with early subs for Robes, Oladipo, Grant, or Adams to keep that bench unit's defense from being putrid. I don't know if it's an organizational thing or Donovan's idea, but playing Grant at the 3 with Kanter and Joffrey is an odd choice that needs to be remedied.

Rick posted:

Sabonis is playing well enough that he should at least be playing for the Thunder. You really only D-league guys who are getting embarrassed out there, or if you're a team that's contending and still are trying to develop a rookie (and even this hasn't proven effective).

True, my point is that Sabonis needs a few weeks to adjust to the speed of the game in a lower pressure role than "starting forward". Donovan seems to know this because Sabonis is basically playing spot minutes in a many games, but still starting. Seems like an organizational mandate to play him as the starter.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/JoelEmbiid/status/819663646376792068

Trump
Hinkie
Triple H

This man will tweet at anyone to make the Game.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Knicks fined Rose $200,000 dang that's a lot of cash

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

It's actually less than a single game for him

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Embiid is going to be an All-Star

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

chunkles posted:

Yah 1/110th of his contract but I meant for normal humans

we human so you can assume

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

EvanTH posted:

Knicks fined Rose $200,000 dang that's a lot of cash

That's like 350.000 in salary god drat

That has to be grieved

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

chunkles posted:

It's only 35 mins lol

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

^^^ speaking of me and my short attention span

NBA is mulling changes to speed up the end of the game, because of all you got dang millennials and your ADHD

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18460922/nba-mull-pressing-throttle-games-endings-adam-silver-says

quote:

NBA commissioner Adam Silver says the league has its eye on speeding up the end of games, with a focus on retaining younger fans who "have increasingly short attention spans."

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Triple h responded :psyduck:

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Redgrendel2001 posted:

https://twitter.com/JoelEmbiid/status/819663646376792068

Trump
Hinkie
Triple H

If Embiid comes out during the Rumble I'll vote for him everyday for the rest of my life.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

chunkles posted:

Yeah, he kind of got off easy. They could have probably suspended him for a couple games and cost him much more money.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

euphronius posted:

Triple h responded :psyduck:

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/819702430384422913

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Embiid is like the alternate Oden timeline where he's a happy go lucky joy instead of a depressed drunk

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Stop the presses. Paul Zipser is starting an NBA game.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

he didnt put embiid's name though unless "The Process" counts

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

straight up brolic posted:

Stop the presses. Paul Zipser is starting an NBA game.

I don't feel bad saying I have no idea who that is and had to google him to make sure you didn't just make him up

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Redgrendel2001 posted:

He's incredibly thirsty

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

He's incredibly thirsty

He's also got Mike Trout (and his associated 2 million followers) tweeting on his behalf.

He really is Shaq reincarnated (off the court)

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

IcePhoenix posted:

He's incredibly thirsty

Many people would do a lot more for a chance at Rihanna

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Jota posted:

I don't feel bad saying I have no idea who that is and had to google him to make sure you didn't just make him up
He has an extra bone in his foot and needs to wear special shoes.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

Donovan's been monkeying with that second unit all season, now playing Roberson with them instead of Oladipo. They can find a way with early subs for Robes, Oladipo, Grant, or Adams to keep that bench unit's defense from being putrid. I don't know if it's an organizational thing or Donovan's idea, but playing Grant at the 3 with Kanter and Joffrey is an odd choice that needs to be remedied.

True, my point is that Sabonis needs a few weeks to adjust to the speed of the game in a lower pressure role than "starting forward". Donovan seems to know this because Sabonis is basically playing spot minutes in a many games, but still starting. Seems like an organizational mandate to play him as the starter.

i hope your right about being able to find away to get bench unit to stop being terrible but i just don't see it happening this year with it relying on so many young players. I doubt either of those things are organizational things because while billy does like experiment with lineups he is stingy in some places like look at how long it took to get singler out of the rotation or how he played foye last year over payne. Billy will recognize not to play grant at the 3 with joffrey and kanter soon enough

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Jota posted:

Many people would do a lot more for a chance at Rihanna

It's not Rihanna he's trying to win a date with. He won't announce who the actual woman is.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It's Rihanna

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Strawberry Panda posted:

It's not Rihanna he's trying to win a date with. He won't announce who the actual woman is.

it is painfully obvious that

euphronius posted:

It's Rihanna

• Locked thread