Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Krankenstyle posted:

actually, what about sonics friend nipples the echnidna? why are his hands so erotic if not for the nipples?

Probably for jerking off. Echnidnas have a 4 headed penis, so that's got to be complicated.

Imma link this in case some of y'all have especially puritanical workplaces.
:nws: https://imgur.com/KOlQuyl :nws:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Screaming Idiot posted:

fixed

(also this is the only good sonic comic)

ah gently caress i forgot his real name jeez me

Facebook Aunt posted:

Probably for jerking off. Echnidnas have a 4 headed penis, so that's got to be complicated.

Imma link this in case some of y'all have especially puritanical workplaces.
:nws: https://imgur.com/KOlQuyl :nws:

:catstare:

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Friend posted:

I think about that a lot whenever I see America's curling creature, the armadillo, on the side of the road. Years of evolution to build a thick layer of defense, but still easily frightened with no intelligence so it leaps headfirst into the bumper of a truck at the slightest provocation. Makes you think.

In fairness to the Tactical Assault Piglet, jumping straight up is an excellent opening move when escaping from most of its native predators.

Trucks are an invasive species.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Trucks are an invasive species.

agreed, but also i sincerely love this song which is very topical
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufDxj8zc92E

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I still really like Kanye's music, despite his... weirdness, but lol

Accordion Man posted:

Kanye's brain worm wouldn't even let you get near him, they're very protective of their hosts.

jobson groeth posted:

You're right about the brain worms. He's even started speaking with a bad Italian accent.

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/1073424000431329280

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Aye-a, lamao!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

re Kanye there's a new smiley: :brainworms:

Anyway I only meant to post this:

Dreylad posted:

agent 4'7"

StuG Jeebus posted:

I can totally see Ben Shapiro shooting up a school

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Blinkman987 posted:

I mentioned essential oils to a friend of mine as a joke. She’s a surgeon who sees people in the worst shape, and she told me at least twice a month she has someone come in with a bad infection relatively close to losing a foot or half a leg who rubbed essential oils on their wound and thought it would get better because the internet said so.

These people, knowing they’re in bad shape and seeking a doctor’s assistance, then get mad when she tells them to take real medicine and stop using the essential oils. A guy who injected some into his Achilles today and might lose a leg because she told him mixing his saliva with lavender is not actual medicine, so he left.

I used to think of these people as harmless morons losing all their money to scams, but wow. They and the scam artists peddling this poo poo are really putting people at severe risk.

Alan Smithee posted:

I guess doctors really do hate them

Cephalectomy
Jun 8, 2007

Every time I see you post with that av i can't help but laugh at your misfortune. Thanks

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Speak for yourself, I'm jealous I didn't get one of those finger guns shirts lol

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Cephalectomy posted:

Every time I see you post with that av i can't help but laugh at your misfortune. Thanks

I wouldn't call it misfortune. The avatar made me laugh every time it scrolled into view for the first couple of months. Now, it's kind of boring.

Edit: OK, I just looked at it, and it's still a little bit funny.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
That entire fiasco is still spoken of with reverence in the goon circles I frequent. Anything that makes GiP so angry over something so harmless is objectively cool and good.

It's also a much better shirt than the stupid edgy meme one they got.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

well what better thread in which to enlighten us as to what you are talking about?

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
GiP made up a fake scam to troll the rest of the forums, Veni Vidi Amici fell for it very hard and then tried to be all 'haha no i'm laughing WITH you guys' in the thread until they got that avatar. That's my hazy recollection of it.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

That’s a great joke. I can see why jobson decided to STEAL IT

https://www.twitter.com/Cryptoterra/status/1073432590143520768

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Sagebrush posted:

well what better thread in which to enlighten us as to what you are talking about?

Funny story: One time I was posting online, on the forums, you know. Some others were posting too. There were a lot of posters. A very tight crew. Nobody went outside, nobody opened threads except this one. This was the posting thread. Deep posting.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Keru posted:

GiP made up a fake scam to troll the rest of the forums, Veni Vidi Amici fell for it very hard and then tried to be all 'haha no i'm laughing WITH you guys' in the thread until they got that avatar. That's my hazy recollection of it.
More of 1 gip goon trolling gip for a bit and there being some splash into other forums.
Don't have the time to hunt down all the relevant posts but a GiP goon made a t-shirt design and sold it to a bunch of fellow gippers.The first one to receive their shirt saw that, instead of the design that was sold it was in fact that picture that is vva's avatar on the t-shirts. Some people were mad, others thought it was hilarious. While this was on-going vva made several very mad posts about it in the forum sagas thread and somebody bought him that av.

In the end It turned out that the first t-shirt was a fake out in itself and that the real t-shirts were in fact going out, once again to the joy of some and the chagrin others

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
You're really underselling how angry some of them got. One of them in particular was multiple-posts-per-page angry about it. I'm gonna try to find the thread, if it hasn't already been goldmined (and if not WHY NOT)

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

The image is, I'm told, the goon in question themselves (McNally) doing the finger guns. :mcnally: it has also been immortalized in emote form.

I mean what I say now as much as I did then: it's a drat sight better than their dumb shirt, and if it really makes them so drat angry I'll take it off their hands.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Friend posted:

When I was in Germany I was sitting in a beer garden and I heard a rustling behind me. I turned and looked and it was a cute little hedgehog creeping out of a bush all chill like. I was like "holy poo poo where'd this hedgehog come from" and the french girl I was with was like "uh the bush? Do you not have those?" like it was just a squirrel or something.

I think about that a lot whenever I see America's curling creature, the armadillo, on the side of the road. Years of evolution to build a thick layer of defense, but still easily frightened with no intelligence so it leaps headfirst into the bumper of a truck at the slightest provocation. Makes you think.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Antivehicular posted:

Something amazing is going down in GiP

Short version: Dude comes up with a goofy military-parody shirt design, GiP goons want it, he collects orders and money for 70-ish shirts, there are several months of delay in shirt production, then they finally go out... and they're all 6XL plain white T-shirts with iron-ons of the OP in uniform shooting finger guns at the camera. Several people spent non-trivial sums ordering multiple shirts and/or shipping internationally. Some people are amused! More people are pissed! Some other poster is trying to get the original shirt design ordered! Goon projects!

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Just so I understand, a Goon stole over $1,000 from other Goons, and some people - including posters in this very thread - are praising this.

I hope someone ratted him out to Paypal.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
that thread was magical

mcnally owns

Overnight Blaze
Mar 7, 2017

Malachite_Dragon posted:

The image is, I'm told, the goon in question themselves (McNally) doing the finger guns. :mcnally: it has also been immortalized in emote form.

I mean what I say now as much as I did then: it's a drat sight better than their dumb shirt, and if it really makes them so drat angry I'll take it off their hands.

There was only one McNally shirt made initially and it was huge (like 4xl), he was pranking them while the real shirts were being shipped. In some other thread there was a link to his store selling replicas of it, though

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

It didn't have an option for the huge 4+XL tentshirts, though, iirc. It's just not the same!

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

very carefully will always get me

no examples to hand right now but I love 'em

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Malachite_Dragon posted:

You’re misremembering what happened duder. The real shirts were shipped. It was a prank to make the GiP posters think he sent them all fingergun shirts

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That was a great prank.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

The whole thread is magical and Veni Vidi Ameche's reaction especially was priceless. :allears: McNally has rightfully earned his place in Goon Valhalla.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
super not mad

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Speaking as someone who bought a shirt in that thread, McNally's prank was a work of art.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
The prank shirt was a 6XL from Zazzle. I have a CafePress churnin' them out now but they only go up to 4XL, unfortunately.

I was not prepared for how comically large a 6XL t-shirt is.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
good job owning

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

BioEnchanted posted:

This brings to mind an old fanfiction I read decades ago that I cannot find anymore, it was on Fanfiction.net, called something similar to Dark Chronicles, but that name seems to link to a different story.

The basic idea was that Legendaries are Not normal Pokemon, but powerful Trainers who were fused with their closest pokemon to watch over the world, like Ho oh was a girl fused with a Fearow. The story began with Ash being chosen, but whoops, wrong choice. The destined pair for conversion were meant to be Gary and Eevee, and Ash and Pikachu were too volatile, so went wrong badly. The stress the new creature was under sent a sort of psychic aftershock that infused aspects of the original's personalities but twisted, so all pokemon got Pikachu's independence and fear of Pokeballs, and rebelled, abandoning their trainers and seeking Ash out to serve him because he could mind control them, so apparently he randomly got a Psychic subtype I guess. People who treated their pokemon badly were first assaulted by them and badly injured. There was one exception - Team Rocket's Meowth had become so human in the way that it thought that it was spared the backlash, however due to trying to stop her Arbok leaving Jessie got bitten so she is found being looked after by Meowth and James in a tent in a secluded spot in the woods.

There was also a Charmeleon-Human hybrid as one of the main characters, rescued by the principal character, because of course there was. The story kind of stopped with the main characters being cornered in one of the cities as a Dragonite and an army of Voltorbs wreaked havoc, and at the time I read it, had stopped updating there.

Does that ring any bells for anyone?

HardDiskD posted:

what the gently caress

BioEnchanted posted:

Yeah, it was a very odd story.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

ricecult posted:

Holy poo poo, it's the investigation Olympics.

FizFashizzle posted:

Can't be, Russia is involved.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

fool_of_sound posted:

You’re misremembering what happened duder. The real shirts were shipped. It was a prank to make the GiP posters think he sent them all fingergun shirts

I'm aware of all that; I still think it was a better shirt than the dumb "operation bomb useless dirt" one.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

shame on an IGA posted:

So last night I was having a nice sexy dream about being ridden cowgirl style and delivering some savage rear end smacks and then I woke up mid-swing and slapped the poo poo out of my nuts IRL

Milo and POTUS posted:

A new sex act called the rude awakening

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Keru posted:

The only thing I laughed along with was the avatar, and that's because it's funny.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Imagine Dragons: Radioactive posted:

I'm wakin' up
To passion and lust
I slapped her rear end
And I smacked my nuts

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

:vince: I hope I didn't wake my neighbors laughing at this magnificent one-two punch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'll begin by letting joke_explainer explain the comedic value of a BYOB thread for movie plots but about dick-sucking trolley robots because researching any of this will only lead to misery

joke_explainer posted:

Plots of movies, but they have dick-sucking trolley robots instead of the normal aspects of the movie. I don't like the acronym DSR, because it just implies a dick sucking robot: It needs to be a DSTR, dick-sucking trolley robot. The trolley is extremely important for humor reasons, because it has to roll up really slowly and awkwardly.

got any sevens posted:

lowtax's robot spine will be a DSTR

Nosfereefer posted:

oh my god theyre turning lowtax into a robot

a dick sucking trolley robot

Luvcow posted:

"ma'am we did what we could but he was pretty far gone... we were able to save his head and his hands though and there's this new procedure we've been working on so we went ahead and attached them to this medical grade trolly" *dstr creakily rolls out from behind the medical curtains*

blaise rascal posted:

Lowtax talks with the doctors about the different possible robots they could turn him into, knowing full well that there is only one option that could give him any hope of paying off his medical bills.

Nosfereefer posted:

lowtax: i didnt ask for this

Splicer posted:

narrator: he had