Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Clinched the playoffs in one pro league; all but eliminated from two others. And I finished 15-4-2 in Rand AlPaul's goon league which is the best I've ever done in the regular season.

And Blake Parker just blew a save drat it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Does Rick Porcello know it's the fuckin PLAYOFFS?!!

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Do you guys lock the eliminated teams once playoffs start? That's what I do in football. I've never commissioned a baseball league before.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

coronaball posted:

Do you guys lock the eliminated teams once playoffs start? That's what I do in football. I've never commissioned a baseball league before.

In redraft maybe, but if you locked my dynasty team right when prospect callups were coming I would quit that league.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

coronaball posted:

Redraft, yes. And if somebody clearly tries to play kingmaker, use your commish powers.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
we run a consolation cash tourney for poor assholes like me who did not make the playoffs DESPITE most pts for by 50 plus because I also had most pts against and no im not really really loving bitter

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

the_american_dream posted:

we run a consolation cash tourney for poor assholes like me who did not make the playoffs DESPITE most pts for by 50 plus because I also had most pts against and no im not really really loving bitter

We do the same, called the Toilet Bowl. You can almost win your entry fee back! We also do a weekly high point bonus. Of course, I went 18-3 scoring the most points in the league so I have the #1 seed and a bye this week :smug:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Pussy Boss posted:

Clinched the playoffs in one pro league; all but eliminated from two others. And I finished 15-4-2 in Rand AlPaul's goon league which is the best I've ever done in the regular season.

And Blake Parker just blew a save drat it.

Your team is really good which means it is going to get eliminated in the first round.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Inspector_666 posted:

Hell yes, won this week and made it into the playoffs with the 5 seed in my biggest money league. Now to make an early exit...

I've practically freefallen from first place over the last half of the season in the goon league and am now fighting for the last playoff spot but am losing to a guy who hasn't touched his team in months and has already hit 4 HRs tonight

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

First day of the first week of the playoffs.

Me: 11/34, 6 R, 4 HR, 4 RBI, 1.049 OPS

Good start yeah.

Them: 20/45, 15 R, 6 HR, 13 RBI, 1.445 OPS

WELP.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Doltos posted:

I've practically freefallen from first place over the last half of the season in the goon league and am now fighting for the last playoff spot but am losing to a guy who hasn't touched his team in months and has already hit 4 HRs tonight

If I had drafted even like, 2 decent relief pitchers in the Goon League, I would probably be doing OK.

Also dropping Judge. That wasn't smart.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Inspector_666 posted:

If I had drafted even like, 2 decent relief pitchers in the Goon League, I would probably be doing OK.

Also dropping Judge. That wasn't smart.

astonished-stare-dot-gif

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

kensei posted:

astonished-stare-dot-gif

It was way early on, but yeah.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Who ran into the JD Martinez buzz saw today?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

In redraft maybe, but if you locked my dynasty team right when prospect callups were coming I would quit that league.

I just give the ultimatum that if you're in the consolation bracket but clearly loving with people in contention then you get hosed in the draft :v:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I am reminded this morning of my least favorite thing about September baseball: injured players never going on the DL

looking at you specifically, Michael Fulmer.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Isn't he seeing Dr. Andrews?

RIP

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Isn't he seeing Dr. Andrews?

RIP

yeah, he's almost assuredly done for the year, but if he doesn't need surgery then he's probably worth keeping and I don't want to just effectively give him away to someone

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Rafael Devers is sitting for the 2nd straight day and has cooled off big time. Would I regret dropping him to grab, say, Trumbo or Thames, or possibly stream a pitcher? Redraft, obviously.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
he's better in Fenway and they play a bunch of home games next so I'd keep him

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
assuming they can still use their apple watches to cheat at home I guess?

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
I am very interested to see what kind of ranking Robbie Ray has next year. I sent Gerrit Cole away to get him and so far so good. The Ks are ridiculous.

This time of the year is my favorite despite the obvious issue Phoenix pointed out. It's where you just have to cut bait on guys and pick up who is hot. I have fully embraced that mentality this year. Sometimes it has worked, sometimes it hasn't, but I have tried not to overvalue any guys I have just because they were a waiver gem or I drafted them.

Especially now that it's a complete crapshoot and a sprint in H2H.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Fast Luck posted:

My league has an NA spot and you also can keep an NA player season to season and I am excited to announce that I've drafted Vladimir Guerrero Junya
Update: Very happy with this decision

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Aside from him being awesome, is there something he did lately to make you say that?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Danny Salazar :negative:

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

Rand alPaul posted:

Is there a more maddening pitcher to own?

He could have just as easily gone 6 IP tonight with 14 Ks.

Instead... it's that.

It's like Daniel Cabrera is back from the dead.

E: Holy poo poo what has gotten into Jose Ramirez lately?

Pandanaut fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Sep 6, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Pandanaut posted:

I am very interested to see what kind of ranking Robbie Ray has next year. I sent Gerrit Cole away to get him and so far so good. The Ks are ridiculous.

This time of the year is my favorite despite the obvious issue Phoenix pointed out. It's where you just have to cut bait on guys and pick up who is hot. I have fully embraced that mentality this year. Sometimes it has worked, sometimes it hasn't, but I have tried not to overvalue any guys I have just because they were a waiver gem or I drafted them.

I have Yadi raking over the last 5 weeks and Perez is off the DL and hitting like poo poo and I need a bench spot to pull Moncada off IR or I can't make any other roster moves :ohdear:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Rand alPaul posted:

I Hate Fantasy Baseball

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Why do I keep playing Osuna

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Boosh! posted:

Why do I keep playing Osuna

The team I have him on is hosed this year anyway, so tonight I'm just really mad at him for real baseball reasons.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pandanaut posted:

drat you for outbidding me on Votto, btw :v:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Doltos posted:

If some of you guys are wondering who to start in these upcoming crunch weeks I can give you a list of my opponent's players cus they're guaranteed to each hit 5 god drat dingers

loving. Unbelievable.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Doltos posted:

loving. Unbelievable.

lol this is beautiful.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yankees and Orioles just got PPD'ed change your lineups before they lock!!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I do not feel confident about starting my man Cole Hamels pals, I just hope it isn't a trainwreck.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I was feeling a lot of trepidation about Manaea today but :toot:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I do not feel confident about starting my man Cole Hamels pals, I just hope it isn't a trainwreck.

Oof.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Gambled on Gerrit Cole and Fister last night. Almost enough to wash the Osuna stink off.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
God damnit I had Machado sitting on the bench today. Forgot about the makeup day :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
With another two dingers out of Perez yesterday my opponent has now hit 11 home runs in 4 days using only 6 players. His slugging is a cool .896 with a .411 obp

• Locked thread