Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lamuella posted:

Well, this LJ Cleary sure is... a guy.

he wrestled PAC during PAC's international title reign and it was good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Kotoge has "killswitch" written on his butt. Luchasaurus fandom rise up.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Lamuella posted:

Kotoge has "killswitch" written on his butt. Luchasaurus fandom rise up.

Kotoge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUWUCWoP1q0&t=4s

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jesus, that looked like it was going to go real bad real fast for a second there.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Here comes the guy who should still be champion :mad:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh thank God they didn't have Kaito lose!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

SG Bamboo posted:

Were it not for Cyrus (and the new guy) I would be real keen for these blocks

https://twitter.com/EmeraldFlowShow/status/1766314303173415403

Considering the roster is like 12 guys, & 4 or 5 of them are juniors, yeah, that's a good couple of blocks. Even Cyrus to be honest, if he was on every show it'd be bad but as it is he adds something a bit different, it's like Gianni Valletta in Dragongate (which incidentally has been a thousand times more fun than I expected when it was announced he was doing dates for them).

Obviously I'd have preferred Takuya Nomura being involved, or Daimonji So or a couple of other freelancers/non-regulars, someone from DDT like Iino considering they've been working together a bit, but Hideki Suzuki has been around a lot so that makes sense. It is a bit weird that the Triple Crown champ isn't involved. Does that signal that Nakajima is going to beat Anzai on March 30th? Or does it signal that Nakajima is losing & that's him done with All Japan? At least there's doubt there I guess.

Power Windows posted:

No GLEAT UWF matches? :nsamad:

You asked, GLEAT answered! They are doing another LIDET UWF show on April 17th, with this presumably the headliner.

https://x.com/LIDET_ENT/status/1766318222025077023?s=20

Masakatsu Funaki vs Yu Iizuka is also confirmed, as is Hartley Jackson & Kotaro Suzuki vs Hideki Shrek Sekine & Takatoshi Matsumoto (who is a guy who used to fight for Pancrase in the 2010s & his wrestling experience is mostly on Hikaru Sato's Hard Hit shows)

Yoshiaki Fujiwara is only 74 (feels like he's been in his 70s for 20 years) so he won't even be the oldest wrestler I've watched this year, because Great Kojika is old enough to have been trained in part by Rikidozan.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Mar 9, 2024

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
:getin:
https://twitter.com/Sera_Risa/status/1766427550824247297

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Is Hartley Jackson any good? I only know about him because he follows me on instagram for some reason.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

He's a fun hoss, don't exactly feel him as a heel in GLEAT when he's clearly having so much fun teaming with HARUKAZE in GanPro, a lady he's like a foot taller than and three times as wide.

Also comes out to a Prodigy song if that sways you one way or another

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

Is Hartley Jackson any good? I only know about him because he follows me on instagram for some reason.

Former ZERO1 United Champion!

He's solid. Probably the least interesting guy in the Carnival, if I was going to raid GLEAT regular Heavyweights for a CC wrestler he'd be below T-Hawk, Hayato Tamura, KAZMA SAKAMOTO, Ryuichi Kawakami, Galeno del Mal, & Daimonji So but above Quiet Storm (OK, it is hilarious that he's one of I think 2 non-BULK Orchestra Heavyweights. And of HW freelancers who've worked for AJPW recently I'd put him above Davey Boy Smith Jr, Kohei Sato & KONO, but below a stack of guys like Ayato Yoshida, Kuma Arashi, Koji Doi, Kengo Mashimo, Takuya Nomura. Or gently caress, throw Daichi Hashimoto in there, he's doing nothing of significance in BJW.

I could go on but I'm just making myself sad that NOAH isn't sending someone this year, like they did with Soya last year. Specifically, someone not doing much in NOAH right now, Kenoh.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Hartley's HARUKAZE team in GanPro is delightful.

I couldn't find any Lord Crewe matches from Unsanctioned Pro, but here he is fighting Willie Mack. He has a lot of live charisma and cool little mannerisms, and I'm mostly just happy to see a good dude from my area succeed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NonexGpuVyk

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

forkboy84 posted:

You asked, GLEAT answered!

:nsa:

...Kendo Kashin?

:nsamad:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Hartley's HARUKAZE team in GanPro is delightful.

I couldn't find any Lord Crewe matches from Unsanctioned Pro, but here he is fighting Willie Mack. He has a lot of live charisma and cool little mannerisms, and I'm mostly just happy to see a good dude from my area succeed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NonexGpuVyk

My friend Andy hosts the official Unsanctioned Pro podcast and is also a huge Japanese wrestling fan who has done a New Japan podcast for years. He is absurdly hyped for Crewe in the Carnival.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Lamuella posted:

My friend Andy hosts the official Unsanctioned Pro podcast and is also a huge Japanese wrestling fan who has done a New Japan podcast for years. He is absurdly hyped for Crewe in the Carnival.

Oh wow, I'm really glad to hear he's doing well for himself and still podcasting. He was a good dude. Hope he has fun watching Lord Crewe kill it. :)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

5pm JST/7pm AEDT/8am GMT/3am EST/12am PST

All Japan Dream Power Series Night 2
G Messe Gunma, Gunma
Hokuto Omori & Ryoji Sai vs Ryo Inoue & Yutaka Yoshie
FUMA vs Yuma Aoyagi
Dan Tamura & MUSASHI vs MAZADA & Rising HAYATO
Evolution (Hikaru Sato & Suwama) & Hideki Suzuki vs Kuroshio TOKYO Japan, Seigo Tachibana & Shotaro Ashino
Kento Miyahara & Ren Ayabe vs Voodoo Murders (Jun Saito & Toshizo)
Hartley Jackson & Katsuhiko Nakajima vs New Period (Ryuki Honda & Yuma Anzai)
Live on AJPW TV

Yutaka Yoshie died backstage after his match

https://twitter.com/alljapan_pw/status/1766811343011860696?s=20

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Mar 10, 2024

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

i uh

i wasn't expecting that to be literal

jesus

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Uhhhh yeah, I thought that was a bit about him having a tough match or getting beaten up backstage or something, not an actual literal death notice :stare:

Translation through Google:

quote:

[Obituary News] Notice of the passing of Yutaka Yoshie Yutaka Yoshie, who was participating in the Takasaki tournament held today, passed away on March 10, 2024. After Yutaka Yoshie returned to the waiting room after the match, his condition suddenly deteriorated and he was rushed to a hospital in Takasaki City, but he never returned home. We would like to remember Yutaka Yoshie's achievements during his lifetime and pray for his soul to rest in peace. All Japan Pro Wrestling

loving hell.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Bummer

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
That sucks, I watched the 2005 G1 Climax on a whim and it was fun watching Yoshie squash folks in his shiny pink singlet. RIP

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Monday's TV airing postponed. He'd just turned 50 in January https://www.f4wonline.com/news/other-wrestling/ajpws-yutaka-yoshie-passes-away-following-match-in-takasaki

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

that's awful. Was he hurt during the match or did it just come out of nowhere after the match?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

gently caress that's awful, not sure i'll be able to watch his last match when I catch up with the show

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Thats awful :(

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
poo poo

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jesus, I didn't expect to see that. December would've been his 30th Anniversary of debuting in pro wrestling. Condolences to his family & friends, 50 is no age to die.

SG Bamboo posted:

gently caress that's awful, not sure i'll be able to watch his last match when I catch up with the show

If you do intend to skip it, it's the 3rd match on the show, rather than first as I put down because the cards hadn't been confirmed yet.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://x.com/ddtproENG/status/1767390014273630312?s=20

2 more matches announced for DDT's trip to America for Mania weekend. Konosuke Takeshita returns, facing Shunma Katsumata in a SAUNA KAMIINA COLLIDES match, & we also get Chris Brookes & Kid Lykos vs Bryan Keith & Shota.
That's on top of the 2 already confirmed matches, Mike Bailey vs Yuki Ueno & Kazuki Hirata vs Yoshihiko

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
holy gently caress this is a stacked show

(I'm actually slightly mad about Hirata vs Yoshihiko because I feel like Hirata would be more fun against a real opponent but I trust in Hirata to make it fun)

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
takeshita is going to loving murder shunma lol

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

abraham linksys posted:

holy gently caress this is a stacked show

(I'm actually slightly mad about Hirata vs Yoshihiko because I feel like Hirata would be more fun against a real opponent but I trust in Hirata to make it fun)

Hirata vs Yoshihiko last year was phenominal, I have to imagine them running it back in front of a fresh audience would go gangbusters

I have to imagine this match against Shunma is another step towards Take challenging Ueno for the belt and finally losing to him

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Hirata vs Yoshihiko last year is my favorite Yoshihiko match, Yoshihiko is pretty much a good barometer for determining good wrestlers (in contrast the Janela one was extremely dire lol)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah goddamn that is a stacked card for DDT, nice!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yoshie died of arteriosclerosis. Suwama went to the hospital immediately after his match but was too late to say goodbye; he was there for the family for hours after https://twitter.com/EasternLariat/status/1767422367112786147?s=20

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Kim Wallinger of World Party died. Composer of DDT's intermission outro music.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I usually try to watch NOAH shows if they air live and aren't up against a New Japan show, but I missed this one:

forkboy84 posted:

Pro Wrestling NOAH Great Voyage in Nagoya
Nagoya International Congress Centre, Nagoya
Jake Lee vs Kazuyuki Fujita

Just listening to The Big Audio Nightmare and :lol: apparently Fujita took Lee to a 30 minute draw in front of a dead crowd and made sure to hit a big powerbomb and be going for the pin as the time ran out. Jake Lee is the current #1 contender for the GHC Title :laugh:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Fujita to beat Lee in his first defence of the GHC title.

Either that, or with El Hijo del Dr Wagner, jr. injured, they'll probably run the match again and Fujita'll beat Lee clean.

And then get injured in his first defence of the title.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Mar 13, 2024

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Big Kaz gonna Big Kaz

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Don't know where to put this since it's puro vs lucha on an American indie show but this is an insane match:

https://twitter.com/wrestlecon/status/1768042499648459034

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Dimebags Brain posted:

Don't know where to put this since it's puro vs lucha on an American indie show but this is an insane match:

https://twitter.com/wrestlecon/status/1768042499648459034

lmao Shun tagging with non-Z-Brats and especially with Minoura...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Lily Catts posted:

lmao Shun tagging with non-Z-Brats and especially with Minoura...
That's happening all Mania weekend and it's kind of hilarious. I guess he can pretend Masquerade is together a little, as a treat.

I'd like to make that show, but it conflicts with tickets I already have. I'm seeing them at Defy and JCW on the same day at least, but I'll unfortunately miss the CMLL guys unless they show up on other cards too (which honestly is pretty likely at this point). It's crazy how much DG guys are getting booked though, most of them are doing 2-3 matches every day for the whole weekend.