Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

https://twitter.com/DragonGateEN/status/1423663360139153413

OK yeah, gently caress YO-HEY. You don't risk my boy's health like that. t:mad:

It's also reasonably likely he had no idea he was COVID-positive, since there's a window between it becoming infectious and symptoms manifesting.

But then again, it's easy to say this stuff living in a country that has basically had 0 COVID cases outside of isolation facilities for most of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think I know what my dream faction feud is:

Angry slabs of beef vs Fops

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Sep 4, 2021

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Slaapaav posted:

rikidozan was too involved with yakuza and also korean?

Choshu is ethnically Korean, and if anyone went digging, it probably won't take long to find yakuza connections.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Kazuchika Okada
Hiroshi Tanahashi

Both are real no-brainers.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Where would Suwama rate within the context of the 2010s?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Minoru Suzuki vs Sanshiro Takagi in an Empty Arena Match is one of the best matches of its kind.

The spot with the random Muay Thai guy is comedy gold, especially for Suzuki shoving Takagi towards the Muay Thai fighter, and then tiptoeing past everyone, and then taking the time to turn around the sneer at Takagi because he's Minoru goddamn Suzuki.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Is there any reason why he's never really had a proper run with the top title?

I know he held the Open the Dream Gate belt once, but wasn't that a relatively short run?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

poo poo, you're right. For some reason, I kept thinking it was shorter than it actually was. I honestly have no idea why.

Still, 1 reign seven years ago just seems criminally low.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

TV Zombie posted:

What is Yoshi Hashi saying?

Clip 1
At... the... next... Ryogoku... show... I'm... going... to... make... it... a... match... where... everything... comes... together.

He's then asked about any particular opponents that he's concerned about.

Yoshi looks away, and then mumbles a sound. Basically the equivalent of "um."

Clip 2
Everything can change in a moment. Today I'm going to change everything. Bullet Club, have a look... *awkwardly points at the rest of CHAOS*... at these team members. We definitely won't lose, have a good look!"

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

He must be pretty banged up, I guess. If taking a year off is what he needs to deal with niggling injuries, in order to keep going, then more power to him.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Lily Catts posted:

I've heard accounts of being being generally well-liked backstage, despite being Yujiro. Hmm.

Why is it odd that people might like Yujiro while out of character?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe76We0JOAo

Itoh and Brookes inducting Suzuki into the NEO IRA (with English subtitles)

Just wanted to say, as someone for whom Japanese was their first language, Brookes' grasp of the language is pretty good. Much better than I'd expected.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

J-Ro posted:

Saki Akai has no fear.

She beat up Minoru Suzuki once, and totally got away with it. Why would she be afraid of anything after that?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

The chat's great. Everyone commenting is insisting he is well over 2m tall

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I love me some 2010s Suwama, but yeah, he needs to step aside from the main event.

And it would be nice if we get a 5th-gen Tiger Mask. There must be a Young Lion Junior with enough talent to pull it off somewhere. A changeover has been due for years now.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Sanshiro Takagi is also heaping praise on this kid, saying you wouldn't think it was his first ever match after just 3 months of training.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

Gorilla Hall is a new venue that opens in January 2023. Seems like primarily a music venue from what I can tell?

Yep, the website says it's a "Live House," which basically means it's a live music venue.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

In conclusion, watch All Japan.

Oh yeah? I've got a 2-week break from work coming up soon so maybe I will, tough guy! What do say to that?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

I don't think there's anything in wrestling that would make me more miserable than best wrestler in the world Kento Miyahara being stuck in WWE.

Hard agree. The company's track record with Japanese wrestlers isn't the most encouraging.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Muta/Shinsuke is main eventing the Budokan over Kaito/Kenoh

I get where you're coming from, but Mutoh in his retirement series up against Shinsuke goddamned Nakamura should almost always be the main event on any major card - and the almost case would have to be something like Rikidozan rising up from the dead and in prime physical condition wrestling a similarly resurrected Inoki and Baba in a triple threat. You know, something like that.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Was that still a thing?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

LIJ doing a 5-0 clean sweep would be the funniest possible outcome.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

The points difference between Okada and Muto in 1st and 2nd place is insane.

Is it Muto or Mutoh, by the way? On the most recent Pacific Rim, Fumi Saito made a point of saying that it has always been Muto and the added H has always been added by foreigners?

To be honest, a more accurate romanised form of his name would be Mutou, since “to” should be pronounced like “toe.” Written out in hiragana, 武藤 becomes むとう (mu-tou)

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Noah booking being the most frustrating and inexplicable thing is part of its charm, I guess.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Watching Noah and saying “the gently caress? Why’d they do that?”

Name a more iconic duo.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Fujita to beat Lee in his first defence of the GHC title.

Either that, or with El Hijo del Dr Wagner, jr. injured, they'll probably run the match again and Fujita'll beat Lee clean.

And then get injured in his first defence of the title.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Mar 13, 2024

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Honestly, I'm not surprised. While NOAH can be relied on for a banger match at their shows, they're also defined by frustrating, nonsensical and self-destructive booking decisions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

And more good news from Ryuji Hijikata/TOSHIZO

https://x.com/HijikataRyuji/status/1774435012668268817?s=20

As of March 30th Voodoo Murders is DONE WOOHOO

Done "for now."