Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

remusclaw posted:

He seems to build his matches entirely around Shining Wizards and moonsaults now.
Have you watched any other Mutoh matches during the last 15 years or so?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Who was KENTA referencing when he said last night that he changed his name to Hideo Itami to honor one of his heroes?

Flameingblack posted:

Big Japan always draws a pretty big crowd, people love those walking car accidents.

Ditch posted:

They do like 1500-2500 for the big show of the year in Yokohama.
Yeah, Bunka Gym holds 5'000 and I think they broke 3'000 there like once. This is pretty clearly just "DDT does well there and we're a long-running Tokyo-based indie crew too!" but it's gonna be a rude awakening.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

The main event of Hurricane 2010 was a No DQ match between heel champ Dick Togo and local hero Billy Ken Kid for their main belt. It's generally what comes to my mind first when I try to think of my favorite Osaka Pro match. That whole show is great, the co-main event is Harada & Kotoge challenging for the tag belts.

Hurricane is their annual Big Event so those are generally a good bet.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

The main event is pretty much every Dino match ever but the ending makes it worth it. It's like 10 minutes of wrestlers showing up, breaking up the pin, getting on the mic and going I DON'T WANT YOU TO LEAVE SO THIS MATCH CAN NEVER END!

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Holland Oats posted:

Are all those guys named Jimmy a running joke in DG?
I think there's a lot of backstory to it but it boils down to a lot of lost stipulation matches and DG heels being goofy jerks.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

So what about the other five guys in the unit? Especially Mr. Quu Quu Tanizaki Naoki Toyonaka Dolphin

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

quote:

Joshi Award: none (lo Shirai received 6 votes, but 12 ballots were left blank, so no award was given)
lol what

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Flameingblack posted:

Takagi could actually do the company good considering how successful DDT is for such a low budget indy.
I mean, Takagi is obviously a good promoter but the real reason DDT is successful is that it's genuinely different from the dozens of other small Tokyo-based promotions and has a loyal fanbase that it cultivated over the last 15 years. Not sure how much he can do to "turn things around".

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 07:54 on May 6, 2015

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Thauros posted:

Uh.....

I guess I'm definitely gonna have to track that one down if it hits DM.
Beer Garden Week always gets cut down into a single two-hour block. I seriously doubt they'll include two whole 22 minutes but gently caress, one can only hope some of it makes it online.

Ditch posted:

It might not air at all and certainly won't be complete.

But that sort of match is why DDT's Beer Garden shows during the first week of August are one of the best live experiences in pro wrestling. And tickets are super cheap and wrestlers cook food!
I love that they let different wrestlers book each day and it results in people trying to outcrazy eachother's shows. Those Beer Garden TV blocks are always brimming with insanity.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Aug 16, 2015

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Pfffft, Hokuto's gonna beat the poo poo out of cancer.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Has DDT run that venue from Osaka Octopus before? All the Osaka shows I've seen them do before were in that tiny building Osaka Pro runs their normal shows in, which holds about 200-300. Really nice to see them draw 2000+ outside of Tokyo.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ist that from Octopus? I thought it looked reasonably full and Cagematch said 2300, whoops.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

WHY DON'T YOU EVER DO THIS poo poo IN KORAKUEEEEN

dramaticDDT posted:

TAVERN WRESTLING “~BIG YEAR END PARTY~”, 18/12/2015
Shin-kiba 1st RING

4. U.S.A Sakavivor Series – Nerima World Order Vs U.S.A Superstars: Sumo Rock, “Stone Cold” Sekine Ryuichin & Man Man Kai Kind defeated “Big Sexy” Hiroshi Fukuda, Hanolek Hogaso & Nerima Sting when Rock pinned Fukuda with the People’s Elbow (14:43).

All hell broke loose in the Sakavivor Series match. Interference came in many forms. The first one was Booker T-ish (Suguru Miyatake) who did a spinaroonie. Then Tazz-ish (Yasu Urano) came out to choke out Man Man Kai Kind. After a referee bump out came the Dudley Boyz-ish. Bubba-ish (Shigehiro Irie) and D-Von-ish (Kazuki Hirata) gave Hiroshi Fukuda the Whassup! Headbutt while Spike-ish (???) watched on. Suddenly the Hardy Boyz-ish (SAGAT & ???) ran out to fight with the Dudleys-ish but they were given the 3D. Rob Van Dam-ish (Akito) attacked Spike-ish with a chair and cleared the ring until Hanolek Hogaso knocked him out with his belt. The Nerima World Order gave “Stone Cold” Sekine Ryuichin a beatdown but he kicked out of their finishers. The tables turned when the nWo accidentaly Clotheslined each other. That allowed the U.S.A team to gang up on Fukuda and pin him after the People’s Elbow from Sumo Rock. The nWo attacked Fukuda after the match and kicked him out of their group. The Undertaker-ish (Konosuke Takeshita) arrived on a scooter and it looked like Fukuda would be saved! Instead Taker-ish Choke Slammed and Power Bombed the U.S.A team and left the nWo alone.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ditch posted:

-He did a short-ish parody version of The Wrestler that involved lots of farting
This was years ago and I still crack up thinking about it.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

It's on tomorrow's Sumo Hall anniversary show.

Check out Dramatic DDT for a lengthy preview. MiSu! Ibushi's back! Dino vs 'Bono! World's Cutest Tag Team continue their rampage! It's gonna be rad.

quote:

DDT “JUDGEMENT 2016 ~DDT 19th ANNIVERSARY~”, 21/03/2016
Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan

0. King Of Dark Title: Seiya Morohashi (c) & Hoshitango Vs DJ Nira & Dai Suzuki
0. Tokyo Joshi Pro Offer Battle Royal: Miyu Yamashita Vs Syoko Nakajima Vs Yuka Sakazaki Vs Nonoko Vs Rika Tatsumi Vs Hyper Misao Vs Azusa Takigawa Vs Yuu Vs Nodoka-onesan Vs Marika Kobashi Vs Ai Shimizu Vs Poison Miura Vs KANNA
0. DNA Offer Match – Mao Inoue Comeback: Shunma Katsumata, Guanchulo & Mao Inoue Vs Kouki Iwasaki, Rainbow Kawamura & Nobuhiro Shimatani
0. Pro Wrestling BASARA Offer Match: Takumi Tsukamoto, Daichi Kazato & Ryu Gouma Vs FUMA, Yusuke Kubo & SAGAT
1. Ryogoku First Appearance! Next KO-D Openweight Title Challenger Decision And Right To Challenge Anytime, Anywhere Battle Royal: Toru Owashi Vs Kazuki Hirata Vs Masa Takanshi Vs Soma Takao Vs Tomomitsu Matsunaga Vs Kazusada Higuchi Vs Gorgeous Matsuno Vs Cherry Vs Ryuichi Sekine Vs Ryota Nakatsu Vs Yoshihiko Vs Ken Ohka
2. 3 Way Tag Match: Joey Ryan & Candice LeRae Vs Keisuke Ishii & Shigehiro Irie Vs Akito & Yasu Urano
3. Iron Man Heavymetalweight Title – Special 6-Man Tag Team Match: Saki Akai, Makoto Oishi & Lady Beard Vs LiLiCo (c), Kota Umeda & Mizuki Watase
4. Special Tag Match: Antonio Honda & Hiroshi Fukuda Vs Tatsumi Fujinami & LEONA
5. DDT Extreme Title – Ultimate Royal Barbed Wire PowerPoint No Power Blast PWF Rules: Kendo Kashin (c) Vs Super Sasadango Machine
6. Kota Ibushi Comeback & Ibushi Wrestling Institute 1st Leg – East & West Toward The Front Over The Entire Surface Falls Count Anywhere Weapon Treasure Hunt Match: Sanshiro Takagi & Jun Kasai Vs KENSO & Michael Nakazawa Vs Kota Ibushi & Gota Ihashi
7. Dramatic Dream Match: Yukio Sakaguchi Vs Minoru Suzuki
8. Dramatic Dream Match: Danshoku Dino Vs Akebono
9. KO-D Tag Team Titles – Uchicomi! Presents: Konosuke Takeshita & Tetsuya Endo (c) Vs Daisuke Sasaki & Shuji Ishikawa
10. KO-D Openweight Title – Good Com Asset Presents: Isami Kodaka (c) Vs HARASHIMA

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

NienNunb posted:

DDT sounds like the greatest thing ever. Is it worth getting into?
YES

The big Sumo Hall shows usually get online pretty quick, just check this one out and see if it's for you. Despite all the craziness this is a very well-run and booked company that puts a ton of emphasis on creating and maintaining a good relationship with their fans. They're also good at pushing young guys and giving everyone on the card something to do.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Is their parody of The Wrestler with (I think?) Ohka as Randy The Ram still online somewhere? I can't remember which Dramatic Fantasia episode it was on.

Also if we're talking DDT wrestlers that don't do the hardcore or comedy stuff, Endo and Takeshita are good talents in their early 20s and, since DDT knows how to push young guys, are currently on their second tag title run. Expecting great things from them in the future.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Thauros posted:

This is actually being streamed live at http://taima.tv/r/puroresuondemand .

7 AM EDT/11 AM GMT, so I don't even have to wake up that crazy early. Being off Mondays is nice.
Noice, thanks. Totally watching this today.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

dark matches are over, Anytime Anywhere Battle Royal is starting now

HERE WE GO GO GO GO GO GO GO

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Mar 21, 2016

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ken Ohka has somehow turned into the best possible Dean Ambrose since I've last seen him

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Irie is a beautiful unicorn and I need to watch more of his matches again

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

SSM > EEEEEEEEEEVERYONE

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

https://twitter.com/SenorLARIATO/status/711911562131406848

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Dino summoned all the butts he conquered during his road to Bono but it wasn't enough. :(

Last two serious matches really delivered. Solid show all around.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Mar 21, 2016

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

In case anyone else was wondering what was going on before the break.

dramaticDDT posted:

After the match Takagi and Ibushi shared an emotional moment in the ring. Takagi congratulated Ibushi for his return, called him crazy and said he can now do whatever he wants to do. He hopes the Ibushi Wrestling Institute will discover new and interesting ways to do pro wrestling. Ibushi thanked him and said he would like to come back to DDT in the future. He did some backflips for the fans and then left. But KENSO was still there and he wanted to talk to Takagi. He said he came to DDT to chase after Takagi but then discovered DDT is the best and their fans are the best. So he wants to join DDT! Takagi instantly refused and demanded his music to cut off KENSO’s mic. KENSO asked again and Takagi instantly refused again. KENSO asked one more time and this time Kasai stepped in to offer his opinion. Kasai thinks a psychopath like KENSO joining DDT wouldn’t be a bad idea. Takagi thought about it but said no and left the ring to his music while KENSO fainted.

Also looking forward to Hirata & Aja Kong's hot date

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Thauros posted:

What's the story with Zero-1, anyway? Wiki says Hashimoto was fired late in the year 2000 shortly after proposing a NJPW spinoff called Pro Wrestling ZERO but doesn't explain why. He was a huge star for them and only 35, what happened?
Never underestimate the desire of successful Japanese wrestlers to have a floundering indie promotion of their very own.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

He used to be tag partners with BUSHI who I' always thought was super bland until he joined Los Ingobernables and started rudoing it up. That is the extent of my SUSHI knowledge.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

I don't even watch much wrestling anymore aside from my weekly dose of LU but that just got me real excited anyway. Bookmarked for DDTish purposes.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

oh gently caress yeah

It's been way too long since I've seen him, gently caress US customs.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Dick Togo's back in DDT for the Road To Ryogoku tour and got involved in a feud with Daisuke Sasaki, one of his many former students. No idea if the match between the two will end up on the Peter Pan card or one of the Korakuen shows after.

Also 72-year old Terry Funk is gonna be at Peter Pan in a 6-man tag teaming up with Takagi, really hoping Sakaguchi won't accidentally murder him.

quote:

DDT “PETER PAN 2016 ~MOST HOT SUMMER IN THE WORLD~”, 28/08/2016
Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan

0. Tokyo Joshi Pro Offer Match: X Vs X
1. NωA Road To DDT Fes 2016 ~ Sasadango Teaches How To Survive Showbiz: Makoto Oishi, Shunma Katsumata, MAO & Super Sasadango Machine Vs Antonio Honda, Trans-Am ★ Hiroshi, Lady Beard & Gorgeous Matsuno
2. Iron Man Heavymetalweight Title – Battle Royal: ??? (c) Vs Reika Saiki Vs X
3. KUDO Comeback ~YELLOW DRAGON COME BACK!!~: KUDO & Masahiro Takanashi Vs Akito & Yasu Urano
4. DDT Extreme Title – Watase Contra Watase: LiLiCo (c) Vs Danshoku Dino
5. Special 6-Man Tag Team Match: Terry Funk, Sanshiro Takagi & NOSAWA Rongai Vs Great Kabuki, Yukio Sakaguchi & Kota Umeda
6. AJPW World Jr. Heavyweight Title: Hikaru Sato (c) Vs Soma Takao
7. KO-D Tag Team Titles – Uchikomi! Presents: Ken Ohka & KAI (c) Vs HARASHIMA & Yuko Miyamoto
8. KO-D Openweight Title – Good Com Asset Presents: Konosuke Takeshita (c) Vs Shuji Ishikawa

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

RealFoxy posted:

Dory Funk Jr just wrestled an indy show not long ago in Japan at the ripe old age of 107 so it can't be any worse than that or Tenryu's match with Okada.
It's a Takagi match so the whole thing is just gonna be people wandering around hitting eachother with weird stuff while someone rides a bike into a chair pyramid anyway. Maybe Takagi will even talk Terry into wearing his dumb gundam armor.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Jul 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

There's only two deathmatches on the card anway, the rest is the usual mix of stuff with a bunch of outside guys for the occasion.

quote:

1. The Great Sasuke, Brahman Shu & Brahman Kei vs. Atsushi Maruyama, Shinobu & Toshiyuki Sakuda
2. Billy Ken Kid & Tsubasa vs. Tsutomu Oosugi & Hercules Senga
3. Daichi Hashimoto & X vs. Tatsuhiko Yoshino & Kazumi Kikuta
4. Yasufumi Nakanoue & Yoshihisa Uto vs. Hideki Suzuki & Takuya Nomura
5. Yokohama Shopping Street Six Man Tag Team Title Death Match Iron Maiden ~ run to the hell ~, Decision Match: “Black Angel” Jaki Numazawa, Masashi Takeda & Takumi Tsukamoto vs. Abdullah Kobayashi, Takayuki Ueki & Masaya Takahashi
6. Ryuichi Kawakami Return Match: Daisuke Sekimoto vs. Ryuichi Kawakami
7. All Asia Tag Team Title: Yuko Miyamoto & Isami Kodaka (c) vs. Hikaru Sato & Atsushi Aoki
8. BJW Tag Team Title: Shuji Ishikawa & Kohei Sato (c) vs. Ryota Hama & Akebono
9. BJW Strong World Heavyweight Title: Yuji Okabayashi (c) vs. Hideyoshi Kamitani
10. BJW Death Match Heavyweight Title: Ryuji Ito (c) vs. Kankuro Hoshino

Is the six-man gonna be like a DDT-style Anywhere Match?

Edit: Duh, I forgot the show wasn't in Yokohama.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jul 24, 2016