Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Ditch posted:

Kobashi has a kidney tumor that could be cancer. He's having it worked on and is done wrestling until it's cleared up.

:(

From Meltzer for expansion

Kobashi diagnosed with cancer

by Dave Meltzer

Dave@westlingobserver.com

Kenta Kobashi, one of pro wrestling's all-time greatest performers, is currently hospitalized due to kidney cancer it was announced earlier today.
The 39-year-old Kobashi was diagnosed with cancer when results of tests came back after a routine medical examination. The company made the announcement on a piece of paper in front of Differ Ariake in Tokyo, its home arena, where they have a show scheduled. Mitsuharu Misawa, the group's president, was interviewed on the NTV Network sports news at midnight earlier today, saying that Kobashi's pain was such that he told Misawa he can't wrestle right now.
He said that after Kobashi complained about severe pain in his waist at his examination, they gave him a CT scan last Thursday and the results showed a tumor on his kidney. Not much else is known but it is believed he will be undergoing surgery to remove the cancer.
One can make a strong argument that Kobashi is the greatest wrestler of this generation. When he was elected into the Wrestling Observer Hall of Fame in 2002, he received a record 98% of the vote. He is second to only Ric Flair when it comes to the number of times winning the Lou Thesz/Ric Flair award for Wrestler of the Year, winning in 1996, 2003, 2004, and 2005. He has been in six winners of Match of the Year, including his match last year in New York against Samoa Joe, also an all-time record.
Kobashi is known in Japan as pro wrestling's Iron Man, because he had five knee operations in 2001 that were thought to end his career. He was out for 13 months, and returned to become the standout in-ring performer in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Ditch what do you have of (all one guy) El Blazer, Shanao, Yoshitsune, Mini CIMA, Litle Dragon, HUSTLE Kamen Ranger Red, Michinoku Ranger Gold?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takuya_Sugi

After seeing some gifs of him I'm wondering what the gently caress.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
With the defence in ROH will NOAH start citing GHC as a true world title?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Ditch posted:

http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/articles/50966
ITC I go :ssj: about Akiyama jobbing himself out.

I think the biggest news about that match was that Marufuji was dishing out shiranuis and superkicks like they were his entire moveset for the second half of the match. In addition the "perfect inside cradle", due to the way the arm is locked, appears to make it impossible to have both of the opponent's shoulders on the ground in a proper pin so when the referee was counting the pin it looked like Akiyama's other side was in the air.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
I keep getting this error trying to read your article Ditch

quote:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/virtual/site2/fst/var/www/html/classes/Column.php on line 51
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 3

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/DG_Jae/status/1136608678692286464

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Jun wants to get into a Hall of Fame okay!

the chance of Jun getting into the HoF for brining WWE to Japan moves him to sub zero.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
NXT Japan looking good

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Japan has opened, or soon to open, a Japanese pro wrestling Hall of Fame and named the first class

quote:

On the 11th, the Japan Wrestling Hall of Fame announced the first winners in Japanese professional wrestling history to be commended at the 70th anniversary of the history of Japanese professional wrestling event, “LEGACY” (14, 15th, Korakuen Hall).

The winners in the Hall of Fame are as follows.

◆ Entered the Japan Wrestling Hall of Fame in 2021

・ Antonio Inoki

・ Giant Baba

・ Jumbo Tsuruta

・ Tatsumi Fujinami

・ Riki Choshu

・ Genichiro Tenryu

After strict consultation with the members and the executive committee, about 10 candidates for the award were selected for "2021 inducted into the Japan Wrestling Hall of Fame", and four people were declined or carried over for various reasons such as the bereaved family and their physical condition. Therefore, the number of candidates was decided to be six.

The committee said, "We understand that there are various opinions such as the order of the awards, but regarding entering the Japan Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame, we believe that the highest priority should be given to individuals and bereaved families."

“Not only this time, but also in the future, we will continue to work hard to become a Hall of Fame in the Japanese professional wrestling world, which is consistent with the wishes of our fans."

Pretty much the entire discussion is "where the gently caress is Rikidozan"

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Takashi Sugiura

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I guess Ibushi news belongs here now

https://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/articles/-/252765?page=1

RIZIN want Ibushi to fight Manny Pacquiao lmao

Tokyo Sports also speculates that RIZIN might use Ibushi as the centrepiece for a new pro wrestling division

I am 100% sure Kota is dumb enough to shoot like that kickboxing guy who tried to take the fixed fight with Mayweather seriously and got destroyed.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Stone Punkbull 141 posted:

lol it's not like a WWE burial.

People are invading the ring to say he's a loser fuckface and people agree with the invaders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
he's going wild with dropkicks and shoulderblocks and scoop slams