Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

TheHistoryChannel posted:

She says no, unbreakable is one of her favorite flicks. My apologies in advance for the lack of info but i promised her i would post it.

Edit Ah drat this doesn't count as account sharing does it?

Along Came a Spider?
It wouldn't make sense given your description but it has both Morgan Freeman and a train in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Ok so people leave Earth to colonize another planet that only sees the sun for like 10 min every 10 years and students play a prank on a girl by locking her in a closet while the sun is out. Also their school is a dome.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

^^^^ Awesome thanks!!! My girlfriend didn't have faith but I knew you guys wouldn't let me down.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Was it Barron Munchausen?

Edit: No wait, I'm thinking of Doctor Parnassus

Sgt. Politeness fucked around with this message at 21:42 on May 11, 2018

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

My girlfriend was the same way but y'all pull some deep cuts.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Probably my favorite part of that movie

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Shot in the dark but there is one specific scene I saw as a child that lodged itself in my mind forever.

Two guys are struggling in a house, one guy kinda looks like Chuck Norris (but almost definitely wasn't) wearing all black (leather jacket and gloves maybe) I think and the other guy was fat, maybe in a bathrobe with lovely long hair. The guy in black summersault rolls out on to a wooden deck and grabs some kinda gun(pistol?) that had a big flash suppressor and shoots the sloppy guy in the stomach.
So it sticks out in my mind specifically because the fat guys gut explodes and entrails fly at the screen like maybe it was filmed for 3D. He falls from the doorway into the house and woman screams.

I was like 6 and the loving weirdo that was babysitting us just had that poo poo on in the middle of the day like no big deal. It could have been on TV 20 Chiller Thriller in Detroit, probably filmed in the late 70s early 80s.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Teenage Fansub posted:

It doesn't fit anything else you're mentioning, but here's a guy getting shot through the stomach and then it's contents flying out at the screen from Takashi Miike's Dead or Alive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThODQnGOoa8&t=218s

No, I've definitely seen Dead or Alive since then, thanks though.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Uhg, I'm glad the American Red Dwarf never took off, the Cat was my favorite character.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Samuel Clemens posted:

I'm looking for a film I saw in religious class in I believe 2003. A bunch of teenagers/young adults from troubled backgrounds are forced to take a sailing trip where they learn about the values of friendship and duty and so on. Towards the end, one of the characters dies in a storm, whereupon the ship's captain has to stand trial for criminal negligence. One of the teenagers brings the ship's bell to the court and rings it at the end, causing all the teenagers to stand up in support of the captain. The only other scene I remember is that somewhere in the middle, a few of the kids spin a bottle to determine who gets to use their money to sleep with a prostitute.

I don't remember anything particularly Christian about the film. Couldn't say how old it was sadly, but I assume not that old, so either 90s or early 2000s.

Was it White Squall?
https://youtu.be/B5T7Gr5oJbM

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Oh, I never saw it.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

"...foretold a second American revolution..."?
Now I know I've never seen it.

It's always nice to hear terms like "sacred" and "God Emperor" tossed around by someone who's clearly lost their mind.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

And yet, somehow, White Squall of all things is the sacred prophecy.

Conspiracy Theories are the mind killer.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

My job has an element of that, though instead of googling stuff I have to stalk people on social media. I'm proud of my ability but don't feel great about doing it.

I'm super quirky too.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Do they shave a woman's head and tattoo a rooster on it?

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Stickfigure posted:

Now that sounds like a scene from a movie I'd like to watch!

Well you're in luck because it's the only thing from Street Of Fury (1996) I can find a video of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAP_XqI2k1M

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

They ain't lyin' it's Silent Hill

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

LadyPictureShow posted:

Thanks a lot butthead. I went to look up the cast list, and found out they're remaking it. Nothing is sacred. (They claim it's going to be more of a reimagining...)

I actually like remakes, a lot a times with new technology or with a better understanding of the source material you end up with a second chance and a more refined film. For example I'm pretty excited for the new Dune.

But what the ever living gently caress would be the God damned oval office punting point of remaking Jacob's loving Ladder?! It's near perfect? It holds up!

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I think the first one was "good" but Silent Hill deserves a great movie. Especially Silent Hill 2

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Greta Gerwig does that (in black and white) in Frances Ha.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Speaking of, congratulations to Olivia Colman on her Oscar

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Or The Cook, the Thief, His Wife, & Her Lover

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Arturo Ui posted:

No, again think dark 80s-90s anime aesthetic (Akira, Ghost in the Shell etc.) and I believe the writer/director was a self-important 'auteur' who had a teen-goth-who-never-grew-up vibe

My guess(if it's strictly not an Anime)would be like a Peter Chung joint, but he's really just got the 2 series and a segment in the Animatrix.

Edit: forgot you said white guy.

Double Super Edit: There's also RWBY which is a web series for RoosterTeeth but that guy is Asian (though he appears to possibly fit the other descriptors)

Sgt. Politeness fucked around with this message at 01:10 on May 17, 2019

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

World Famous W posted:

There is a kids martial arts movie from the 80s/90s that I had a vhs of long ago I can't remember the name off.

Unfortunately the only two things I can remember is 1) there was a fight in a warehouse full of cardboard boxes of bouncy balls and stuffed animals and 2) the movie ends in a cave or cavern with the kids pretending to be a ghost (than a real ghost shows up with bad layering special effects)

I also can't be sure that the first point was not from a different movie, only sure about the second

Is it possibly 3 Ninjas: Kick Back?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE6BpxMx0-c

Edit: Or if they were Chinese kids Thunder Ninja Kids 3: the Hunt for the Devil Boxer is mostly ghost hijinks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31LJ7CnDTio

Sgt. Politeness fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jun 3, 2019

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

A friend was telling me he saw an animated movie in the theatre in the 80s about a moose. Says it was like Bambi but he can't find evidence of it anywhere.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Nevermind

mike12345 posted:

I saw a trailer for this a while ago, I think it was a sequel but I've never heard of the original movie. It's like a low-budget indie that just happens on a laptop screen, like people face-timing and surveillance cams footage (maybe? could be I'm mixing things up). I don't think there are any scenes outside of the laptop screen. Basically you're looking at a fake desktop the entire time. and no it's not that fmv video game that just got released.

Maybe Searching with John Cho?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ro9ebQxEOY

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

The Dr Phibes unicorn kill is potentially one of the greatest things ever put to film.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

What was the name of that old cartoon (30s or 40s) where children are dreaming and end up in like candyland or whatever?

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

MachineryNoise posted:

If it's neither of those, it's gotta be Somewhere in Dreamland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TcRohLJx6g

It's definitely this one thanks, the Disney+ search engine is stupid but it looks like we wouldn't have found it anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Wanderer posted:

I saw a movie in the early to mid-2000s that I think was relatively new at the time, which was a version of Romeo and Juliet, where one of the title characters was Japanese, the other was a Brazilian immigrant to Japan, and the whole thing was written against the backdrop of the acrimonious relationship between Japan and its immigrant populations.

Does that sound at all familiar to anyone? Google's been remarkably unhelpful.

Maybe The City of Lost Souls(The Hazard City) by Takashi Miike, not his worst despite this horrible trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6udOv2vYaIM

Sgt. Politeness fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jan 12, 2020