Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
So, V's killed the dragon and found the rest of the party - what's the over/under on how much longer s/he tries to hold on to the soul splice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Room Temperature posted:

They are also wonderful, marvelous, fantastic, glamorous, enchanting and terrific.

<- Sup.

Also, wow, quite the clip Rich is on these days. I might have to actually start checking this thread again.

I can't imagine Redcloak and Tsukiko taking too long to come to blows the next time Xykon's distracted either, I'm just struggling to think of when that would be. Random shiny evil plots aside.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

PFlats posted:

I don't get it.

Probably a Start of Darkness spoiler.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Umbra Dubium posted:

Does the fact that Durkon used the Mass- version of the spell mean Malack can't turn him now either? (Or Mister Scruffy?)

I'm pretty sure that's why he used Mass Death Ward (besides, of course, the siren call dramatic irony).

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Effingham posted:

You magnificent, horrible, bastard.

Okay, I give up, can someone please explain this reference to me and why everyone loves it so much?

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

:siren: New strip! :siren:

Well, thank gently caress for that realisation.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

I think it's mostly the realisation that "hey, now is not actually the time to go catatonic with guilt".

Anything that makes it look like this scene will some day end earns high praise from me.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

More importantly, V doesn't have Sending memorized today, as was mentioned in the previous strip.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

I'm pretty sure "obliterate the army that's threatening the party" would also fall under self defence IF the fiends send him back in time.

The question is how many spell-slots worth of Evocations New V traded for support, I guess.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

PFlats posted:

The opposite of infernal.

Literally, it's basically 4E's "language of the Gods/the Planes". I don't remember if there was an equivalent in 3E.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Kajeesus posted:

Celebrity photo leak reference at the end there. I'm sure that will stay relevant.

Don't worry, it will.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Shugojin posted:

He could probably have managed to get a Neutral something-or-other though, I guess.

I mean basically he went with the first powerful arcane spellcaster he found and later learned that guy was a total dick.

Along those lines, I'm kinda curious now about whether/how Redcloak would have worked with Vaarsuvius in Xykon's place if things had fallen out that way. I suppose the mutual racial prejudice would have made it unworkable even though V is almost certainly amoral enough to do something like this in pursuit of power and the knowledge of some esoteric new ritual.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Colonial Air Force posted:

Russian fatalist warg owns

Wait, there are non-fatalist Russians?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Poil posted:

Also I read someone who did the maths and it has millions in size penalty but billions in distance penalty so you can't ever see it.

see, you can fail Spot checks against inanimate objects not trying to hide

(though posts, like celestial bodies, presumably aren't characters or creatures anyway so maybe those rules are irrelevant?)

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Mar 27, 2024