Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

I have a question, I am kinda tallish around 6'2" or 6'3" how well would I fit in one of these things? I am of an average build and have DD many tiny cars such as an MGB, Del Sol, Fierro etc. I am just concerned as a few years ago an ex of mine was telling me how she got in one and could barely fit and it was an uncomfortable drive. She was at the time around 5'7" and also of an average build. I am kinda interested in getting one as my new DD. Thanks for any experience you guys can share with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

blk posted:

I'm 6'1 and fit comfortably in my NA, but I probably wouldn't survive a rollover.

Thanks! I am not really worried about rollovers though. I dont rally or anything.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Dameius posted:

If your inseam is greater than 32" I'd imagine you'd start having issues with knees in the dashboard, otherwise you should be fine unless are exceptionally over weight.

Darn. it is 34".

Applesnots fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Nov 2, 2015

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

I am new to this whole miata thing, just bought one after years of lusting after one. I think I did ok.

I call it Lil' Beefy.

Ed: I will probs have lots of questions in the coming weeks for you kind folk.

Applesnots fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jan 27, 2021

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Will do!

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

As Nero Danced posted:

This is beautiful, hope she enjoys it while she has it and I'm sure you will when you do.

This... oh lord this. I would do dirty things with that car.

Yeah, not really a track car anymore, but it will do doughnuts in the dirt all day long. Fun on a motherfucking bun.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Olympic Mathlete posted:

That looks like a good time. Definitely need some video of this absolute lad.

Dont have any video just yet but I will post some when I make some.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

mobby_6kl posted:

Congrats, that looks awesome! Really jealous this wouldn't be legal here.

Thanks! and Really? I am interested to know why it would be illegal.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

djfooboo posted:

I used to dance under the name ‘lil beefy.

That looks fun AF. How much degree lock to lock?

Hell yeah! That is a great name!
You know, I have not measured, I need to do that.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Goober Peas posted:

Lil' Beefy deserves to be on this page too. He's just great :kimchi:

Awwww! Thank you! :)

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Dameius posted:

When are you posting more pictures of Lil Beefy?

I will probably on sunday, been working lots. It is dark when I go to work and dark when I get home, but I only work a half day today.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

mobby_6kl posted:

WHERE'S LIL BEEFY??

Work got called early today for rain.

Applesnots fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Feb 26, 2021

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

As Nero Danced posted:

I'm still soaked in with rain, but as soon as I get a dry couple days I'm going to make Big Beefy out of my NC and the all-terrains on my mercury. Mad Max Miata is the Best Miata.

Hell yeah!

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

ethanol posted:

how does ur rear diff even do this

Magic and spite.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Odds of me getting shot by a cop over this > 0

Yes it is inert.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

mobby_6kl posted:

I'll probably swap the wheels too as soon as we're allowed to go farther than the supermarket. My AD08s are almost done though so I'll probably have to get new tires this year though. The choice really sucks though.

BTW, anyone knows where you can get these slippers?

I want those slippers.
My GF got me this shirt the other day for my birthday.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Just got this made today for the mismatch black trunk lid. I think it fits

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Russian Bear posted:

Not a ton of space for your booty.

Yeah, I have Hank Hill booty.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Hey folks! I got a question for you.
What is this thing in the pic that is cracked?

What is it called?
Where can I get another at a reasonable price?
No junkyards near me.
Also, how bad is it as it is and is it idicatative of other problems? Thanks!

Ed 95 na

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Beltline cover. Fairly pricy from Mazda considering what it actually is. Not entirely sure how you'd damage it, it isn't exactly in the way of anything.

I tried googling that and all that came up was the plastic cover, this is aluminum or some kind of pot metal with bolts in it looks like it hold the top to the frame.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Olympic Mathlete posted:

You're talking about the broken bit, right? Known as a beltline cover on here which is a spot which gets in OEM Mazda stuff. You could email and ask for the part number perhaps.

https://www.mx5parts.co.uk/beltline-cover-mazda-mk1-p-1203.html

Ok Cool! Thanks, I was googling ant it was just showing the plastic that goes over the rim. Weird. Thank you!

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Does the tow chain make it look like it is a happy car?

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Today was a good day.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Haha, I love that thing. Did we ever get any video of adventures? That's a hint if not.
No vids, But I got to tear the poo poo out of that yard in the background after that pic was took. Is just mowed field, so it was fun.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

I just wanted to see if i could do it.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Neat!

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

mcgreenvegtables posted:

I am at a real loss here. All the drains I know about at the front of the car flow well. I checked both front fenders and removed (small) amounts of accumulated debris, but it didn't help. The drain in the rubber door gasket also runs clear. But I get this after a big rain.

The only thing left I can think of, but I don't really get how it could be this, is I recently had the top replaced.

Also, the passenger side floor is a bit wet, but significantly less than this.

Any ideas? I really need to solve this before mold takes over, if it hasn't already.

Just take a rifle and shoot a couple o holes in your floor pans, Kablamo ! Problemo solvedo

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Goober Peas posted:

Hey Applesnots, can we get a Lil' Beefy update?

He's just so drat cute!

:kimchi:

Dont have any real updates, Found out I iam going blind quickly and have just been too down and too broke for saving for surgery to go and have fun. Sorry. I still Drive it daily with the top down to and from work, we will see how it goes. I was thinking about putting a old beat-up mailbox where the muffler used to be and having a lightweight spring on the door of it so it would open and close based on throttle. Kinda like a tractor flappy thing but on a car and horizontal.

Applesnots fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Aug 4, 2021

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

reversefungi posted:

Hey folks! Been slowly thinking about trading in my Corolla for something more interesting/fun to drive, and the Miata is definitely in the running. Before I go out and start test driving, I was wondering, how feasible would it be to stick a digital piano in the passenger seat? I rarely have to do any transporting of larger items, but as a musician I do occasionally need to bring my 88-key piano around. Dimensions are 50.6″ x 10.2″ x 6.3″ (not including soft case which is very thin and shouldn't add much). Anyone tried to do this before? I imagine it shouldn't be a problem with top down, but what about top up? I'll probably just end up going to a dealer anyway to check for myself, but figured I'd ask in case anyone has concrete experience with something similar.
I just tossed a free cello in my miata and it fit just fine.

Applesnots fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Aug 28, 2022

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Got a question for you guys. Lil' Beefy keeps on beefing.

Well, up unto a week ago. I replaced the slave cylinder for the clutch sometime last year. Bled it, everything was fine. Cool.
Well I was driving home the other day and the clutch felit a little sloppy, got it home. Now It will not shift into any gear at all. It will start Clutch down and in neutral. I can pump the clutch a million times and it will not build pressure at all nor will it let me shift into any gear, no grinding just wont go it to gear. Fluid is full and does not go down when I pump the clutch.

So I guess my main question is Did I blow a slave cylinder and just replace that again or did I just not bleed it well enough? Or is it the master cylinder hosed and I get to replace that? I just don't which one I should I replace. Money is tight and I dont want to buy the wrong one. The dot3 is kind of dark in the reservoir. Also we had a bad cold snap, dunno if that means anything. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

tater_salad posted:

You probably didn't bleed it enough.

I bled mine and then next day I needed to bleed some more. The ➰ makes it hard to bleed correctly. Or your Master has died.

Yeah that stupid little loop