Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Haha. Has anyone tried emailing him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Hypnolobster posted:

If someone does, be sure to ask him a goon-based question so that we can be sure.

stairs?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
More Seattle CL gold:

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sea/471479867.html

quote:

I met you at the bar last night, and we hit it off. Ya we were both a little buzzed, but you seemed as into me as I was into you. Things got to things, we made out a bit, and you ended up going home with me on the back of my motorcycle, which was awesome because that doesn't usually happen to me. I luckily had the extra helmet with me and let you wear my bike jacket while suffering the cold on the way home. I was feeling pretty happy and lucky to say the least.

This is where things got crazy.

I don't know if you slipped, or thought I was taking you home to kill you, or if your're just plain crazy and had a change of heart, but all of a sudden you let go of me MID-TURN and went flying into the bushes at about 10-15mph near the park by my house. I was so freaked out!!! when I looked back to see you fumbling in the bushes I could only PRAY TO GOD that you didn't hit the asphalt or something worse.

I really thought you must have been hurt at least a bit, but as I turned around to come check on you, you took off into the unlit park running full speed with my helmet and jacket still on! I parked my bike and looked for you for over 2 hours calling your name until I was so cold I had to go home or risk freezing to death.

WTF

Im sorry for what happened and I really hope your're ok, really I do, but seriously WTF. Running into a forested park in the middle of the night like that....I really can't begin to guess what you were thinking, and you weren't that drunk, but i suppose my "crazy-bitch o' meter" wasn't working at the bar that night, and from the speed you took off I can only surmise that your're not that hurt. I would like my expensive bike gear back though, I hope it kept you warm during your psychotic episode, but it IS mine and I kinda need it to get around in the winter. If you could return it to the bar for me, check in with your shrink, and promise to never come near me again that would be great, cause you scared the #*$% outta me and are costing me alot of money.

Sincerely,
Very cold/poor motorcycle rider who will never let women near his bike again.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/car/573513860.html

Skank included?

Posterity quote:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Baby Hitler posted:

Oh cool a Celice Alltrac: http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/car/570810944.html

$5500 is a bit high, probably has cool things like a cage and stuff..

Jesus Christ, more like a $2500 example.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Hog Obituary posted:

I dunno that I would pay 15k for that. That's like E39 M5 territory.

Not to mention the meh paint color, cheesy angel eyes and lack of LSD on that car doesn't seem that special. Aren't e34 m5s around 13k anyway?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I always wondered if those things drove well or not but never was curious enough to try test driving one.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Throatwarbler posted:

those things were designed from the ground up as a vert, so probably not. Probably more trunk spaCe?

You could say the same thing about the Z3mcoupe but it was stiffened significantly over the M roadsters.

But then again, this is a GM product.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

opengl128 posted:

What the hell is behind the wheel in those burnout pics

Also why would you put burnout pics in your ad?

Why pretend it hasn't been subject to abuse? Just look at it...

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I'd go with cash for anything under 7-8k maybe up to 10k. As long as you don't keep the stack of cash in your wallet the likelihood of being ripped off doesn't seem too high.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Pham Nuwen posted:

You know what should be a hanging offence? Filling your (already lovely) craigslist post with "keywords" at the bottom, like so:

Thats why you use the 'only search title' option

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Darchangel posted:

And not a single loving picture of the one thing that makes it unique: the engine. Brilliant.

Click the posts from earlier years. Upper right hand side. There's a few videos of it too.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I don't buy it. 5 owners and only 5k miles? and it's modded? I'm thinking its 5k on a new/rebuilt motor

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I love that the picture of the owner shows that he's about as short as I would expect. notcompensating.jpg

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
It's only functional on the nonturbo engine, but that's never stopped a ricer.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Tai-Pan posted:

I promise you that in 25 years we will all regret the decision not to buy a clean, manual transmission ZR1 for pocket change.

No kidding, that thing is gorgeous!

In 1990 ZR1 had a MSRP of 59k, which is equivalent purchasing power to $105,566.75 today.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Not much

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

BlackMK4 posted:

Hahaha holy poo poo I need that. If it was closer I'd buy it for real.

Man this thing is only 5 minutes away from my work

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

BlackMK4 posted:

Someone built a Ford Ranger over at TDI club that has an ALH in it... I want that.

Sounded interesting so I had to look it up:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=359848

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Tai-Pan posted:

That is loving awesome, but those M47s, while not made of glass, are certainly not up to the task of regular abuse. That engine is probably pushing 250hp on the low end and a couple of good torque spikes will rip that m47 apart.

Good candidate for a getrag swap once it pops!

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Pham Nuwen posted:

Craigslist jerkoffs are a pain in the rear end, but I just deleted everyone who sent me a ridiculously low offer out of the blue, which eliminated maybe half of them. Then the first guy I actually was able to reach on the phone drove an hour out here and bought it, so I'm pro-Craigslist for the time being.

I always use a throwaway gmail account for using craigslist. Just in case I have to send an irritating twat something terrible like goatse or beecock.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

rscott posted:

That Z is clean for sure but I think you can get a clean 280zx turbo for that much and it would be a much more enjoyable car with the same body style.

280zx's were from an entirely different generation with much less appeal than the original chassis.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

rscott posted:

Is there like any reason at all to go with an M54 over an S52? Seems like a lot of money to be spending on a convertible E30. Work appears to be pretty well done though.

Nope, m/s52 are still better value by far. Getting the dual vanos to work is not easy.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
What a fuckin deal! 3200 AND it has a wtf fender and non-running engine?

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/4389233751.html

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I paid 7k last summer for my 90 325iS with 200k on it :colbert: no regrets yolooooo

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Tai-Pan posted:

I cannot tell if you are kidding.

Yes, 100% serious. I bought it from my friend's dad who owned it for 7 years. It's in great shape, tastefully modified and fun to drive.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Tai-Pan posted:

I guess I just lack perspective. My friend had one in college and we beat it into the ground. It never struck me as interesting or fun enough to save.

Fair enough. I don't think they are the greatest cars or anything but I've owned a few and just like them despite the shortcomings.

How much are you selling that car for coredump? Looks great

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Part it out and sawzall the rest of it into smaller pieces and throw it away one piece at a time

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
REPLYCA
REPLYCA
REPLYCA
REPLYCA
REPLYCA

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/4413841887.html

shutupandtakemymoney?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

intheflesh posted:

This stupid car has changed hands probably six times in as many years, and each time it goes up for sale it only looks marginally better/more complete. I went and checked it out when the guy who owned it after the guy who swapped it was selling, and it was running and driving, but far from done. I wonder what's wrong with it this time.

Yeah its amusing to see how many people have owned this car judging from the build threads on whatever forum that they were on. What a basket case.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Pham Nuwen posted:

That's why I never bargain before I show up (for anything on CL, not just cars) and when I do show up I bring the full amount in cash. That way there's no element of "we had a deal", I'm just coming to see the item and maybe make an offer if I like it, that offer being something up to the full asking price.

I generally follow this practice, but I've made a habit of asking if they're flexible on price (without asking if they'll take X price) before I decide to drive out of my way to meet them.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Negromancer posted:

I know this is a terrible idea, but I still love these cars....

190e 2.3-16v Cosworth Mercedes Benz, BBS RS, Coilovers - $8000 (Tumwater)

and yes, I do remember the goon(name is escaping me) who bought one and had nothing but trouble and then sold it to another goon. Asking price seems to be rather high as well. God only knows what issues it has.

It was DV. I saw that ad earlier today actually not really sure it seems worth 8k imo

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

tween_spirit posted:

To be fair, if he wanted the most straightforward e30 chassis possible it would have to be an 89 without a sunroof, no? That way it would still have the plastic bumpers but wouldn't have power windows or anything like that.

318iS had very little sound deadening so that's probably why. Almost every e30 that hit the US shores had power windows.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
definitely not gold, but would be an ok buy under 1500

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I think The Dude pronounces it that way on the recent ads.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Pretty sure they are like that stock, but it should usually has a plastic cover over those openings.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
SMURFSKIN leather, yeah baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
They're 25 and up for anything in good, running condition.