Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/5865259119.html

Sometimes "invested" turns up something actually good.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
I owned a 1984 FWD corolla and loved it. Then later I test drove another one (in that body style) and realized the reason I loved the first one was that I had been driving it almost entirely on snow, ice, and gravel. It's almost painfully slow, and therefore boring on dry pavement; but on loose surfaces with good tires, the light weight makes it really entertaining.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
It should be a capital offense.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
How about state laws revoking dealer licenses for doing it?

Also, people are selling on Craigslist because that's where the customers are.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Crustashio posted:

Of course a lot of FS stuff around here has moved to facebook

How does that even work? I mean, searching, having posts get seen at all, how many groups are there for an area (doesn't the market get fragmented?)...Facebook as a venue for selling things just seems like a really bad idea.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Popete posted:

body is good but needs a little fram work is all

Just an oil filter and you're good to go

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
The Acuras have back seats and meaningful amounts of enclosed cargo space; but if you ever need to haul lumber, a Miata is a better choice.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
I like the paint.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Something like this

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
It's good, sure, but they've got an odd definition of "flawless."

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Who needs a house when you have 50 rusted-out shitheaps?

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Would honestly be considered child abuse these days wouldn't it? I wonder how much damage it did to me as a kid, living with a indoors chain smoking parent.

If you hadn't done so, perhaps your brain would have developed to the point where you'd know, without needing to wonder.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Buy cars you KNOW are going to break down and you've got an even better show.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Darchangel posted:

Thanks. It's certainly less stressful to drive as-is. If it were perfect I'd be deathly afraid of some chucklefuck plowing into it.

Smooth out the bumps and wrap it. You'd have almost the same level of peace of mind.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
And in 2 years there would be none again.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

TopherCStone posted:

Wow that's gorgeous.

The proportions are just right in my opinion. I need to find a car like this, but not a money pit

First generation Acura Legend coupe?

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

That year also had the ignition switch recall I think. Same thing happened to my CR-V. PO fixed it with a sewing needle bridging two wires :v:

Previous generation had ignition switch issues, too. But if by "turn over" they mean "I turn the key and the engine makes starty noises" that wouldn't be the problem.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
It's a parts car at best, and at maybe half the price. Continentals aren't worth all that much. They barely top 20k in near-perfect shape, with most being well under 10. The people who remember coveting them as kids are mostly directing their car money elsewhere, or dying. Yet they're weird and cool enough that people can't bear to scrap them, so there's no shortage for the weirdos who still want one.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

SimonCat posted:

Will 60s/70s car prices ever come back down or are they here to stay?

I see so many cars for sale for over $5000 that would have been worth $1200, tops, 15 years ago, and almost every old muscle car goes for better than 30 these days.

What was the trend with pre-war cars when the baby boomer's parents started dying?

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Trackers were popular RV-tow-behind vehicles, so the engine and transmission (?) may not actually have that many miles on them, just the suspension and wheel bearings. edit: Those are usually advertised as such, and should still have some evidence of being set up for towing at some point regardless.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
A Lincoln Continental would be a good candidate, then.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Thief posted:

this type of poo poo is gonna just more and more frequent these next 10 years or so:

https://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/6076075314.html

OMG skylines are legal now! >imports illegal R34<

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
I had one where I'd probably have had less brain trauma without a helmet, but I wouldn't have half of my face. (Landed in sand, modular helmet tilted and focused the impact.)

VideoTapir fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Apr 22, 2017

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Octopus Magic posted:

My parents had a 1960 Jaguar Mk2 3.8 for a while when I was a kid. My favorite part about it was on the back of the front seats there were little wooden fold down trays.

I have a 2003 Pontiac Vibe. The passenger seat folds forward and the whole seat back is a plastic table.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Title status: lien

He convinced a professional to work on that thing; or someone to give him a loan on it.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Nah, you do some Giga-Horse style double cab thing.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

PCOS Bill posted:

That's weird, logically I'd have thought the hatch would have better space overall being a hatch and not a solid "This is back of seat, car ends now"

I'm still in the "Planning a year or two ahead on a new car purchase" stage so that's actually useful to know in advance, thanks

Autotrader says it's minus 1.3 inches from the sedan. Which does seem kinda weird.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Twerk from Home posted:

The focus hatch is a shorter vehicle than the sedan in exterior dimensions.

Civic hatch vs. sedan. They have identical wheelbases.

I'm going to guess this has something to do with having a cargo area that folds flat necessitating a different rear seat design.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
I had a babysitter who had one of those. It broke down a lot.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Joe Mama posted:

If it's registered as an RV you don't need poo poo. Remember that the next time you see a gigantic diesel pusher RV driven by a senior citizen.

http://changingears.com/rv-sec-state-rv-license.shtml

Maybe, varies by state.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
WTF is up with those wheels?

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

julian assflange posted:

Non-Japanese Copens had a 1.3L engine with more power and a good deal more torque. If in the future you had to have one, they would be a better bet for US driving. That said I've never read great stuff about them, certainly not the same way people gush over AZs, Beats and Cappuccinos

Maybe because they're FWD.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Probably easier to find parts for the Kia.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
The apex seals thing was around already.

The RX8 had an accessible rear seat with adequate leg room for an adult. That's a pretty good reason, if you really don't want a sedan.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
That Dodge would look pretty cool if you went for a kind of GNX-ish look.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
How many other first cars can you think of that would force you to learn both wrenching AND electronics? (Lagonda? That's all I got.)

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

DiggityDoink posted:

You missed the best part of that ad with the pic. He's selling it without the hood, and if you want the hood, it's an extra $1000 cause he has some lovely airbrushing on it and he wants to keep it.

quote:

In 20 years of owning have stuck in over $20,000 and YES THAT'S $20,000.00!

No, that's the best part.

A Toyota Corolla could easily take half that in maintenance.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Holy poo poo, that rust. Looks like Godzilla took a bite out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
https://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/d/spokane-1983-dodge-rampage/7297874972.html