Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magres
Jul 14, 2011
There was also the time a bunch of people made names parodying Dagger Actual as TR characters. I'm pretty sure he declared teamkill on sight for anyone who might be mocking him with their name

The dude was just kind of a wellspring of impotent rage.

Magres fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jan 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

The Interloper posted:

Wasn't there also some incident where another TR outfit parked their Sunderer (mobile spawn point) where he wanted to have his, and he just completely flipped his poo poo over it? (Even though functionally it doesn't matter who it belongs to.) He made some super-serious declaration about how all members of that outfit were now "Kill On Sight" despite them being part of the same faction. I think there was some big fallout from it including his Twitch account getting suspended.

It was a long time ago and I didn't pay much attention, living on EU servers myself, so probably got a lot of that wrong. I just remember being simultaneously entertained and bemused at the time by this guy's ego being so inflated that he would genuinely rage the gently caress out simply because not every single person on the server was bowing down to his greatness.

I thought the twitch thing was requiring everyone in the outfit to have his twitch stream open while the played the with him.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

neonbregna posted:

I thought the twitch thing was requiring everyone in the outfit to have his twitch stream open while the played the with him.

yes, that was a thing for a time at least

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Not being in GOKU anymore is a blessing in the sense that I have absolutely no temptation to come back to PS2.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Why did so many people follow such a racist goober?

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Panfilo posted:

Why did so many people follow such a racist goober?

I can't tell if this post is intentionally topical or not.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Eonwe posted:

Not being in GOKU anymore is a blessing in the sense that I have absolutely no temptation to come back to PS2.

join GOON. the game's fun

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD-bJaDIESs&t=676s

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

This was great. Surprise enya

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

In Dust514, the goon cooperation's description was this:

quote:

Goodfeet (we mistyped Goonfeet :sad:) is a christian based Dust 514 corp in the EVE Online Universe. We are part of the "Goodwill Federation" alliance and the principal member of the "Christians For Christ" coalition. Our mission is to spread the word of the good book to those who need it.

Sometimes in battle, God will part the skies and let loose his divine wrath upon the non-believers.

ONWARD CHRISTIAN SOLDIERS!

"Yet she increased her prostitution, remembering the days of her youth when she engaged in prostitution in the land of Egypt. She lusted after their genitals – as large as those of donkeys, and their seminal emission was as strong as that of stallions." - Ezekiel 23:19

From time to time people who were getting griefed in other ways (being scammed, or being team killed repeatedly, or having their high dollar tanks stolen and destroyed while they watch) would send the Director an in game mail demanding that certain members be removed from the cooperation immediately for not showing good christian values.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Britbong goes around Second Life capturing people in cages and pretends to be an autistic wizard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2ArIg1Btp8https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2ArIg1Btp8

THE GRAND WIZARD GOES WHERE HE PLEASES

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
This is really old now, but I used to have a lot of fun playing Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield, to this day it's still my favorite FPS by far.

Most people are probably familiar with the gameplay, but if not, it was two teams of 8 players in round based combat. There wasn't a huge luck factor to the game, which meant that once you got good you could pretty consistently do well on almost any server filled with pubbies. In most cases, 1 or 2 body hits would kill anyone in the game, so you had to have some skill to run and gun effectively. The two teams would always spawn in the same locations and a lot of the smaller maps were setup so you'd have a couple choke points where you'd meet. The only variation depended on where you spawned in your group(front of the group or back), and which way you decided to run. On some maps if you got the right spawn you could without a doubt be the first to a choke point and 'pre-fire' through doors or openings and catch people running through. A lot of people would develop specialties on different maps, always going to one location every single round because they were comfortable with how it would normally play out, I would try to make them...uncomfortable.

the art of the pre-fire
One map was called airport, it featured a lot of open space, with a few buildings for close quartered combat as well. The first place people would meet was inside one building that was sort of like an office. There was this tiny little staircase inside the building which allowed players to meet within about 7 seconds of the round starting. It was a switchback staircase where the players coming from the bottom would go up about 7 stairs to a landing and then turn 180 degrees to go up another 7 stairs to get to the top hallway. It was a death zone. There was always a lot of luck involved with this firefight, you could try to time your shots by listening for footsteps on the stairs but it always played out the same, 2-3 people from each team running into each other full speed with fully automatic assault rifles. Total clusterfuck. I would grab an LMG with extended mags, giving me a 200 round clip and lay prone in the bottom hallway facing the stairway. As soon as I heard them start coming down the stairs I'd start firing. The dumb people would run right into the barrage of bullets, normally killing them. The smarter people would hear the gunfire and wait until I had to reload. It was common for people to pre-fire hallways and choke points and just as common for people to wait until they hear a lull in the firing to try and catch someone reloading. I'd fire off 120 rounds or so, pause for half a second, and then continue firing. God it fooled everyone. I'd do that for 1-2 rounds, getting the same people every time, then the following round I'd rush the stairs catching them completely off guard. Then I'd have a buddy do the LMG thing, but leave enough room for me to sneak by and rush the stairs while they were waiting for the fire to stop. People were so stubborn in that game, or in some cases they only knew the maps well enough to go to the one chokepoint, it was glorious.

get a mask bro
Another smaller map was called presidio. it was a two chokepoint map where one team started in the top of a building and the other started in the bottom. Meet at a short staircase or a long staircase and thats it(apart from a small hole in the floor that you could sometimes catch people in).
It was setup so that it was hard to really catch people with grenades, so it was normally filled with people prefiring down staircases, peaking the doorway quickly to try and catch people, etc. Most teams would send about half their team to each staircase and as soon as one staircase fell it was usually round over. There was some outdoor area that rarely got used, apart from some well hidden windows. They were almost impossible to see but, with some experimentation you could get grenades through them, or even better, tear gas. Tear gas in this game was absolutely devastating. It lagged the servers, it lagged your game and even seemed to slow your rate of fire with your weapons(as well as pretty much blinding you). You could also get tear gas through the windows into just about every corner or piece of cover the people upstairs would use. People would flip out and we'd just say something like, 'dude just grab a mask, problem solved'. This made people made though because then they'd only have one slot for grenades instead of two.
Round 1: Pick a gas mask as an item and 3 tear gas grenades. Tear gas the upper floor and waltz up there as they are choking on the gas.
Round 2: Now that they are moaning about tear gas, and equipped gas masks, equip smoke grenades and thermal sniper rifles(the vintorez has an 11 round clip and was fully automatic, with a thermal scope that could see through walls, doors and smoke. You could run and gun pretty effectively with the 'vinny', but only had 11 bullets so you'd have to make them count. But the ability to use a thermal scope and see when someone is about to run out from behind a doorway or peek their head around the corner was amazing.
Round 3: Play normally now that everyone on their team has thermal sniper rifles. Bait their fire by running near a doorway and stopping just short, then rush with assault rifle while they are reloading their vintorez or in between shots with a traditional sniper rifle.
Now that you've played 2 rounds without tear gas everyone has switched out their gas mask for more grenades or a heartbeat sensor, so lets go back to loadout 1! Coordinating a whole team to do this was hilarious as the other team would always be a step behind and you couldn't change your loadout after the round started.

Ladder Larry
The other good one was in pistols only matches, they'd disable grenades. Some maps had areas accessible only by ladder, if you managed to make it up the ladder and go prone, there was absolutely zero places on the map that someone could hit you from. The only way to get you would be to slowly and loudly climb up the ladder. Which gives you about 5 seconds to headshot someone as they slowly climbed up right in front of you. God, ladders in general in that game were just awesome. Since timing in the game was so important, it meant everything to get to the choke points as fast as possible or you'd lose your ability to hold back the other team. One map, Penthouse, had a team start outside on top of a building, and you'd run along the edge of it into a rooftop garden, where you'd meet the other team at the top of a tight staircase. The rooftop only allowed two people to run shoulder to shoulder at once, since it was pretty narrow, but if someone was running down the middle you'd only fit one. There was this little drop that had a ladder, but you didn't need the ladder to go down, you could just run off the edge. BUT, if you decided to use the ladder, your player would slowly put his gun away, turn around and slowly climb down, which completely blocked anyone from jumping down or going around you. Holy crap would people get pissed. Type something to your team afterwards while they are raging like 'sorry guys, I just like ladders', change your name to LADDER_LARRY or something and it would send people off the deep end. This had the added benefit of allowing the other team access to the garden and they'd come flying through the entrance with like 6 dudes in front of them all crammed in this tiny walkway. Since I'd be in front I would not fire and everyone behind me would either have to shoot through me or just get gunned down by 1 guy on the other team.

Vault Boyz
The last one was my absolute favorite. There was a map called 'Bank', which was a two story bank with a basement vault that had a nearly impenetrable door, the vault itself had a door you couldn't close, but there was this little office like room with unbreakable windows and an unbreakable door. If you got in there you could sit behind the door(it opened in), blocking it from opening and more or less ending the round in a draw. People HATED it. Going in the basement at all would cause so much rage because it wasn't a traditional choke point people were used to getting to and it normally made the rounds go max length(~ 3 minutes). One trick to hiding behind the door was to place a C4 charge inside the vault room, right next to the door. When someone comes next to the door, open it just a crack. Not enough for someone to come in, but enough that the c4 charge is now on the other side of the door as you are, shielding you from the blast. The C4 charges were fairly small in this game and not completely obvious to someone running by or in this case paying attention to the idiot behind the impenetrable glass and door. This is important. Get a few people to join your cause, change your names to 'VAULT BOYZ' or something dumb, and rush to the vault. Normally, having 3 people run to the vault puts your team at a huge disadvantage in other places on the map so you'd end up being the only survivors. Eventually, people would come looking for you and immediately flip out as soon as they saw the familiar sign of 3 people holding detonators inside the little vault room. Round 1 we'd pull the little C4 behind the door trick and normally get one or two people, and in a lot of cases just end the round a draw. Emotions start to run high. Round 2 you'd do the same thing, except hide a piece of C4 somewhere else in the basement, so while they are all gawking at you trying to get in you can blow them up. Round 3 have one person hide somewhere else in the basement(the actual vault was a good spot), and once the other team is gathered around, have them come blitzing around the corner and unload on them. By this point people will inevitably completely change their normal tactics to try and beat you to the vault. So don't go to the vault. Go the normal routes and run over the 4 guys that aren't going to the vault, then camp the two exits from the basement when they realize no one is down there. Rinse, repeat. This one had the advantage of pissing off both teams equally, which was a plus.

There were so many funny little tricks and places to go in that game that made people so mad and completely threw them off their game. Those are probably really boring but I have a dozen more I could write up if people find them entertaining :).

DoctaFun fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jan 28, 2016

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
:justpost:

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

:yeah:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

:agreed:

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
Work is fast paced today so I guess I can post another one.

In your load-out, you could choose a primary weapon + accesory, secondary weapon + accessory, and you had two additional item slots. Most people chose either frag grenades x 2(6 total), or frags + HBS(heartbeat sensor). There were a few items that were hardly ever used, a heartbeat jammer, which would jam the HBS for a small area, and heartbeat pucks, which you could throw to make a false heartbeat and trick the other team.

Towards the end of a round if someone was a lone survivor they'd often hole up in a room hidden somewhere, the other team would use an HBS to try and locate them and then finish them off. Hiding somewhere unusual(with a jammer) while placing heartbeat pucks in normal camping spots was a pretty fun thing to do, but most of the time only worked once and lost it's luster. Except on one map.

Couch Potato
There was a map that no one liked that would mostly get skipped when it came up in the rotation, it was called Mountain Watch, but it featured a long train track/tunnel where one team started, and then a long steep hill leading up to where the other team started. Also, a very long like 6 story indoor staircase that usually acted as the major chokepoint, and a more direct route from spawn a to b. At the exit of that staircase was a small two story cabin that had windows facing straight at the staircase building. It was common for someone to sit upstairs and wait for people to come up the stairs. The bottom floor of the cabin was cramped, with living room type furniture on the right, a table, armchair and a couch, then on the left was a staircase that led upstairs, which was completely empty except for the windows. The staircase started in the back of the cabin, so you'd have to walk all the way to the back of the one room downstairs to get to the base of the staircase.

I'd run there immediately, throw a heartbeat puck upstairs, run downstairs and drop a heartbeat jammer behind the couch and then lay prone behind the couch and hope that my team died.

Inevitably my team would die and there'd be anywhere from 1 - 6 guys left on the other team. A skilled player could hold a location like this cabin from a few players if they didn't coordinate, so people normally played a bit cautiously. This cabin was where everyone expected the 'camper' to be, so they'd slowly make their way there. They would run into the bottom floor, take out their HBS, and look up towards the ceiling, where my heartbeat puck would send them a signal from the far corner. They'd put it away and start heading for the stairs, which only one person could fit up at a time, leaving a few people hanging around at the bottom of the stairs or just on the bottom floor.

They would cautiously walk up the stairs until they got to the point where their head was high enough to see the next floor and I'd shoot them with my silenced assault rifle. If you shot too early it was obvious they were getting shot from the bottom floor somewhere, but if you waited until they made it 3/4 of the way up, it looked to the rest of their team that they got camped from the 2nd floor. Oh my god would they all just queue up for their turn on the pain train. Without fail, 1 by 1 they'd get dropped, one round I killed 5 people this way, one after another. Some would go outside and throw grenades through the window, or double/triple check with their HBS what portion of the upstairs I was in, and they'd never, ever, look behind the couch. Patience was key, at times there would be 2 or 3 people within like 4 feet of and almost in my line of fire, but shooting them while they were downstairs was a death wish. When you were prone you could aim up and down and a very little bit left and right, if you needed to move your crosshairs too far to the side you had to crawl a bit which was very loud and would immediately give it away.

I wish I had a screenshot of that cabin, because there was absolutely NOTHING blocking their view of me once they got half way in the cabin. From the outside, the couch blocked their view of me as it sat perpendicular to the door, but when they were standing at the bottom of the stairs if they were to just look to their left I would just be lying there in plain sight on the floor. It's even more unbelievable because as the ascended the stairs they'd be facing my direction. Keep in mind that bodies disappeared once they died, so it wasn't like they thought I was a dead guy or anything.

As long as no one on my team gave away the secret I could do it like 3 times in a row without them figuring it out.

If there's one thing that pissed people off more than campers, it was getting killed by 1 camper en masse, multiple times in a row. Oh the rage.

DoctaFun fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jan 28, 2016

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

This thread introduced me to this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcFk97MgCsI

That guy is great at camping. But my friend and I took it to the next level. We used the same tactic he did; M870s with long barrel for 1 hit kills, riot shields, trophy systems, claymores, the scavenger perk so we could keep throwing down equipment, and gunsight that let us see through walls. And we would both be in the room watching separate doorways.

Then as the kills wracked up, we would both get Turrets and Guardian systems. The guardians watch the doorways, blurring people's vision and slowing their controls as they came in, and the turrets went on the balcony, extending the area we were killing people in to pretty much half the map. While we camped behind riot shields.

Holy poo poo did people get mad. Even though it's Call of Duty and there were 6 other people on our team to shoot, the enemies would line up for our little kill box. Then at the end of the round, when we're like 20-0 and 14-0 (I think our match record was 34-0 and 12-0) they would bitch about us camping if they had mics.

Sammus fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jan 29, 2016

Snowman Crossing
Dec 4, 2009

Played some ranked DOTA today with a friend of mine. The other three guys on our team were memelords who kept yammering over the microphone and wouldn't shut the gently caress up. We were steam rolling the other team, had a lane of barracks down, and then both of us sold all our equipment and bought divine rapiers. We promptly fed them to the other team's templar assassin, who promptly hosed our team up and down with the bonus damage until we lost. It was beautiful.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Snowman Crossing posted:

Played some ranked DOTA today with a friend of mine. The other three guys on our team were memelords who kept yammering over the microphone and wouldn't shut the gently caress up. We were steam rolling the other team, had a lane of barracks down, and then both of us sold all our equipment and bought divine rapiers. We promptly fed them to the other team's templar assassin, who promptly hosed our team up and down with the bonus damage until we lost. It was beautiful.

Can you give more context to all of the stuff after the second sentence? I feel like I might appreciate the situation more if I understood what a divine rapier or a templar assassin is

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

QuarkJets posted:

Can you give more context to all of the stuff after the second sentence? I feel like I might appreciate the situation more if I understood what a divine rapier or a templar assassin is

gg no bm, re?

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Seems pretty clear, to me. "Guys on our teams were complete jackasses. We had the game on lockdown, so me and a friend sold everything and bought super powerful items, then ran off and suicided into a powerful enemy so he could take our super powerful items and use them to utterly destroy the rest of our team."

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

QuarkJets posted:

So normally in Dota if you buy an item you keep it and it's yours until you sell it or whatever. Even if you die, it stays in your inventory. And if you specifically place an item on the ground, then it doesn't work for other people who pick it up, because it's your item.

One of 2 exceptions to this rule is the Divine Rapier, which is a super expensive item that gives you an enormous boost to your damage. If you buy a divine rapier and then die, it drops on the ground and anyone can pick it up and use it. So they went out and bought Divine Rapiers and deliberately died so that the other team could pick them up.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Sammus posted:

This thread introduced me to this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcFk97MgCsI

That guy is great at camping. But my friend and I took it to the next level. We used the same tactic he did; M870s with long barrel for 1 hit kills, riot shields, trophy systems, claymores, the scavenger perk so we could keep throwing down equipment, and gunsight that let us see through walls. And we would both be in the room watching separate doorways.

Then as the kills wracked up, we would both get Turrets and Guardian systems. The guardians watch the doorways, blurring people's vision and slowing their controls as they came in, and the turrets went on the balcony, extending the area we were killing people in to pretty much half the map. While we camped behind riot shields.

Holy poo poo did people get mad. Even though it's Call of Duty and there were 6 other people on our team to shoot, the enemies would line up for our little kill box. Then at the end of the round, when we're like 20-0 and 14-0 (I think our match record was 34-0 and 12-0) they would bitch about us camping if they had mics.

Yea totally copied this video and did exactly the same thing. It worked really well the only thing that screwed me up was my piss poor aim but once the turrets and guardians were up I was laughing.

And it also made all the MLG pro COD gamers really upset, I think they patched the room out so there was another entrance though

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Captain Bravo posted:

Seems pretty clear, to me. "Guys on our teams were complete jackasses. We had the game on lockdown, so me and a friend sold everything and bought super powerful items, then ran off and suicided into a powerful enemy so he could take our super powerful items and use them to utterly destroy the rest of our team."

You apparently already play the game, so of course it's clear to you. But to me, they could be items that buff enemies, or even specific classes of enemies, in weird griefy ways, maybe for balance reasons. Or they could be items that make you really vulnerable to specific classes, so maybe the goal was to give the enemy easy experience? Without any knowledge of the game, there's no way to be sure. I was under the impression that items didn't drop when you die, so if the items are really good maybe they were going to intentionally drop them on the ground, or something? No idea

cock hero flux posted:

So normally in Dota if you buy an item you keep it and it's yours until you sell it or whatever. Even if you die, it stays in your inventory. And if you specifically place an item on the ground, then it doesn't work for other people who pick it up, because it's your item.

One of 2 exceptions to this rule is the Divine Rapier, which is a super expensive item that gives you an enormous boost to your damage. If you buy a divine rapier and then die, it drops on the ground and anyone can pick it up and use it. So they went out and bought Divine Rapiers and deliberately died so that the other team could pick them up.

Thank you, that's pretty cool :)

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Here's an easy one I've been doing in Blade and Soul,

At around level 10 there's a quest that rewards the player with a uniform like the local guards wear. The old man who gives it out warns that wearing it will mark the player as an enemy of the pirates they'd been fighting up until then; that doesn't seem like a big deal so most of the players who aren't bots or already decked out in overpriced cash shop costumes will try it on to see how it looks. A few levels later there's a quest that lets the player join the pirates and get their uniform. Basically the old man was trying to explain that wearing the guard uniform flags the player for PvP against players wearing the pirate outfit and by trying it on they've made themselves easy targets. If that wasn't humiliating enough, anyone can revive them if they don't click the surrender button, so it's possible to revive them after each kill and just strike them down again until their weapon breaks.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
It was someone in GOKU bragging about their group KDR that got BCP to start booting members in an effort to have a better KDR IIRC.

As an update on BCP he and his buddies are now playing MWO. He tried bragging about PS2 when he was teamed with me and some goons, but shut up when my wife teased him by reminding him she killed him a few times in PS2. Being killed by a girl in an internet game is a marker of his everlasting shame apparently, since it caused his cronies to freak out and defend him with strange, misogynistic and disgusting comments.

To add another PS2 story, there's the time GOON and GOKU made a new group on a different server to grief the game developers who were livestreaming their "Friday night fights" thing. The theme of offensive Indian names was selected, and everyone formed a giant mob to snipe the streamers. It was hilarious to roll over the devs and see names like "free blankets" and "hung like horse" display as their killers while they were attempting to discuss the game.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

QuarkJets posted:

Thank you, that's pretty cool :)

There's a little bit more on top of that. Templar Assassin has a passive ability that lets 100% of her damage hit any target in a straight line (with a little wiggle room) behind her initial target. So if she had a couple rapiers she could basically take out their entire team with good positioning in two or three attacks.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Most Dota griefing is just griefing yourself by playing it.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

QuarkJets posted:

You apparently already play the game, so of course it's clear to you.

Nope, never played. I just know how to read context clues, lol.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Yardbomb posted:

Most Dota griefing is just griefing yourself by playing it.

if I make this the thread title for the next griefing thread will that stop people from making this post

Idiootti
Apr 11, 2012

Segmentation Fault posted:

if I make this the thread title for the next griefing thread will that stop people from making this post

Making that the thread title... It fills you with griefing yourself!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The Griefing Thread 2.0: Stop Griefing Yourself

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Dabir posted:

The Griefing Thread 2.0: Stop Griefing Yourself

Alright, this is actually pretty good.

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer

Idiootti posted:

Making that the thread title... It fills you with griefing yourself!

The Griefing Thread 2.0: For Every Level of Grief, There is a Tier of Joy

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Captain Bravo posted:

Nope, never played. I just know how to read context clues, lol.

Weird that you would assume that the items dropped on death when games tend not to do that anymore

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I'm not sure how else you would interpret "we fed them [the items] to the other team, they killed us with the bonus damage"

Is this really the hill you want to die on?

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Croberts68 posted:

I have got all of you beat and it's not even by a little bit.

Lets start at the beginning, I'm a moderately successful guy, I've been lucky to work with some really high quality people who have made me look like an absolute rockstar. I actually even got some decent B-List actors to work for me on a few projects and even got a reasonably hot, albeit failed commercial actress to marry me. I was a movie producer for a minute and even though I lost more money than I made, the "hollywood" contacts I made put me in good enough standing to be able to piggyback smaller amount of funding on to larger projects and turn a pretty solid net.

Problem is my wife really started to just grate on me about her getting work, and the loving Turtle of my RL Entourage kept telling people we were gonna make a big gently caress off videogame. So I'm kinda stuck in a weird spot where I just wanna start funding high budget porno and maybe trade in the wife for a different kind of actress before the money starts to come in and she's entitled to a lot more. Seriously, I've never seen a girl with such a long neck not be able to make it down to the balls, but whatever that's not part of this story. So fuckin Turtle gets me stuck telling potential investors about a videogame that I am literally just making up as I talk to them while throwing out some buzzwords I read in Wired, but the crazy part is they start to eat this poo poo up. Talking about the "upward profit paradigm" in gaming starts to get these loving app developers turned investors as hard as a rock so I see a chance to do something.

So I get Turtle to call some friends and we set up on this website where you make empty promises to nerds and they throw cash at you. So I get a youtube made by my buddy Gil who has a business making music videos for teenage girls who think they're gonna be the next Kesha/Iggy and he green screens my poo poo up so I look like pudgy Scottish Spaceman Spiff. I'm thinking we might make like 2 mil and I can finance a 300K game, pocket the rest and start shooting facial scat porn by Q2 2013. But something far crazier happens, loving nerds start making GBS threads their entire lifesavings on my fiscal chest like some kind of Gordon Gecko inspired Cleveland Steamer. By the end of it I'm sitting on like 12 mil. Nerds, dude. Fuckin nerds.

So Now I'm thinking "How far can I ride this gravytrain before I actually have to do anything?" so I start up my own website, hired some kid out of Irvine of Craigslist to do it (because gently caress Angie's List, I ain't paying poo poo to get some pimple faced kid to poo poo out a paypal button and spaceship drawings) and sure enough I've got 30 million USD and loving Turtle has promoted himself to my assistant. Which would be fine but he keeps insisting on setting up his office near mine but that poo poo's on the East side of the building, so every morning it smells like someone is cooking maple bacon when the sunlight hits his chair. But then the dreams started. I kept having this nightmare where it starts off awesome, I'm banging some coked out 19 year old starlet on a space yacht, but then the space-IRS shows up with my wife, they use her cheekbones to cut through my hull and they tell me I'm going to jail for spaceship-fraud.

So I finally decide to actually make it look like I'm going to make a game and I get my little bro, who's actually a pretty bitchin programmer/producer and I get him to hire a bunch of his work buddies to work in our hometown. But then my loving wife decides that our house in Texas sucks so we have to move back to LA and open an office there so she can "pursue her career", I wanted to tell her they don't make fish-stick commercials any more and no one is going to be casting any parts for "Mostly Fuckable Witch" now that Angie Jolie has fallen to doing Disney poo poo other than the Sci Fi channel. But whatever, LA gets me closer to those desperate 23 year old college drop outs that can pass for 18, so I go with it.

Problem with LA is ol' Turtle decides he needs to still be near me, so I end up realizing the Maple bacon smell from his office isn't from the sunlight hitting his chair, it's from him drinking pancake and bacon smoothies. But now I have to look "active" so I start doing a weekly internet interview where nerds ask me stupid rear end questions about the "game" and I answer them. At first they wanted to have some of the nerds who run the site look at the questions first so they could type up answers for me, but I got bored reading their answers 3 questions in and now I'm making a space game where you can play Call of Duty and the Sims at the same time. Seriously kids, stay away from cocaine, I had to be hit with a tranq dart when someone started to ask me about voxels.

But then after like 20 of these one of the guys working on the game decides I can't be trusted talking to people, so he wants to make a new Youtube show. I figure this is my chance to get rid of my two biggest problems, so I get Turtle and my wife to make this fake news show where they get random nerds from IT and poo poo to talk about spaceships and the right way to draw them or whatever while I go to gaming conventions, where pussy flows like wine if you've got a "Special Presenter" Pass, just wish I could have got on this circuit back when Olivia Munn hadn't yet realized she could do better than videogame news.

It also helps that I'm like 70 million deep at this point too, so I'm actually bagging booth babes, not just the girls with low enough self esteem to dress up like animes and not get paid. So I think "what the hell, lets see what happens when I start selling spaceships I just drew in paint and make my dorky brother actually put them in the game, and the weirdest loving thing happens, I make another 20 million and magazines are writing stories about how much of a genius I am. And everytime I tell some nerd about something, it will always make some other nerds so mad they spend days freaking out on the internet. I'm pretty sure if I announce a partnership with My Little Pony, I could probably make 50 million and cause a few dozen suicides.

gently caress I love griefing

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

HenryEx posted:

I'm not sure how else you would interpret "we fed them [the items] to the other team, they killed us with the bonus damage"

Is this really the hill you want to die on?

Haha chill out man, we're all friends here, no one's dying on any hills.

I understood the "we gave good items to the other team" part, but I thought that understanding a little more about what a Divine Rapier and a Templar Assassin is would help improve the story. And it did!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I guess this can qualify as a grief. http://youtu.be/WBrhUDYspa8

I don't know how to time stamp, but at 6:45 is one of the funniest displays of karma in a video game that I have ever seen. If you don't watch the rest of the video, essentially they are playing a map that calls for sand kings only. Everyone neglected this until this race. So everyone is now driving a sand King, except the streamer, and he pays for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I came to post this, good to see someone else remembered it.

• Locked thread