Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Just to keep things from turning into final fantasy story time and to mix things up, here is some more events from ancient china. (cross posting from the Age of Wushu thread)

Some background
RG - Royal Guards
One of the in game schools (essentially classes)

TP - Team Practice
Group DDR mini-game that is the equivalent of 8 hours of leveling that can be done once a day and as such is essentially the one thing you don't mess with in game.

Chained - RG pull attack that will jerk people out of TPs

Script/Script Stealing - An even once a day five days a week where some schools are targeted to have their scripts stolen. Scripts teach new moves and are a huge source of income

VietUnited / MagnumOpus - Major goon rivals that are essentially KOS

-Zydeco- posted:

So during today's script stealing our very own PepTop happened to kill some random pubbie and stole his book. No big deal, happens all the time. It is a PVP game.

Nope, apparently that message at log on is a lie.

Peptop and Myself (Mumbles) went to RG to TP and almost immediately after we started PepTop got chained out. Lo and behold it's an intrepid hero, the mighty RicePudding, who dies immediately as he was at least 5-10 levels below PepTop. He yells a whole lot about scripts and being killed and then disappears back to the herbal hall. Ok, whatever, people are stupid. Ah, but RicePudding is nothing if not persistent! Immediately after we restart PepTop is chained out again and the previous scene repeats itself. This repeats at least 10-15 times until random VietUnited, Goons, MagnumOpus, and various Pubbies were KOS-ing RicePudding on site to allow the TP to continue. All the while RicePudding was screaming in all caps on local and scene chat in horrible chinglish alternating between accusing PepTop of various and sundry war crimes and complaining that no one would let him in a TP. The TPs that he kept breaking.

After a very long time and endless stream of ruined TPs that were entirely composed of people who were joining the same TP just to spite RicePudding we finally got the whole story.

Apparently the fact that PepTop killed RicePudding and stole his script was actually the secondary issue. No, loosing his script didn't matter. The horrible truth, the unforgivable sin that PepTop had committed.......

....He was in the same school.

I'll let the gravity of that sink in.

PepTop killed a fellow Royal Guard during script stealing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNUr__-VZeQ&t=7s

Truly PepTop was in the wrong and GoonTang members moved swiftly to initiate a vote to have him kicked from the guild, server, game, and life, a vote which failed obviously due to nefarious double dealing on PepTops part. Cruelly PepTop, with the help of misguided players completed his TP and left for school war leaving RicePudding script and TP-less.

Obviously RicePudding was in the right, but I begrudgingly decided to play devils advocate since the villain PepTop had left before speaking his dirty underhanded side of the story.

I only spoke with RicePudding for a short time before the disgust in myself at the positions I was arguing for overwhelmed me and I had to flee from the conversation lest I do any more damage to my body and soul.

Filthy as I feel after standing up for PepTop I felt I had to put off the rigorous physical and mental cleansing I have planned to warn the Guild, the Forums, and the World that you are harboring a tyrant, but it's not all dark news. In the immortal words of RicePudding,

(Listen to add proper ambiance and gravity)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr6CnG5dmvM

"I JUST DO THIS FOR TODAY TO LET PEPPOP REMEMBER TO BREAK THE RULE" and "if u guys still help a tyrant to do evil, other guys will do the same things as me again".

So harken to these brave words fellow Goons and remember RicePudding's example on how to deal with people who kill you and take your script while happening to belong to the same schools.

(No I cannot type a whole sentence in game without screwing up. gently caress you.)

-Zydeco- fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Mar 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

And another cross post from the world of Wushu. This game is amazing.

fakebaconandeggs posted:

Jianghu is a land filled with difficult choices. Even being on the side of the law, forces man to choose between country and romance. This ill-fated love tale begins with a citizen, bound by honour, apprehending a criminal for human trafficking.

As their swords collided, their souls entwined between the clash. The poor renegade explained how he needed the money to feed his dying mother. Our citizen, distracted with the selfeshness of duty, tried to reconcile this event.

As he lay dying before her eyes, she knew that they were bound by a special kind of duty. True love.

No longer happy with what the Gods had in store for her, our citizen stabs herself, sucumbing to steel.

She is startled and surprised, by what she saw on rooftops.

Angered by the rebel's deception, she couldn't hold back her anguish.

As the last of her love bleeds out of her pierced bowels, she is too proud to show her true feelings. Her anger takes over her dying body, and she chases the villain one last time.

The rebel swam so far deep into the river, knowing she could not reach him in the deep.

And the river carries him to his death.

Full conversation:

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Age of Wushu is a game where one of the schools has a literal volcano in the center of it. This is also a game where probably a dozen pushes and pulls exist and can be used on whoever you want. Also a game where you don't get any infamy if you were to just, say, happen to "accidentally" throw someone into a volcano and they just happen to "accidentally" burn to death.

-Zydeco- fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Apr 9, 2013

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Age of Wushu is also a game where you can instantly drop your health to the one hit kill range if you took the right starting story, get one shotted by a someone, thus enabling you to put them on your enemies list and earning them infamay, get a few of your best goon buddy constables together and then, drop a bounty large enough to put that player in jail for 5 hours and instantly kill them via goon constable swarm.

When I say 5 hours I mean that they have to spend that entire time logged into the game sitting in a tiny jail cell with only goons cheering outside their cell for company. Also since a goon constable got the bounty you can just have them send you the money right back and keep the cycle going perpetually.

Inversely you can also just slaughter players until someone throws a big bounty on your head, call up a goon constable and have them kill you to collect it, split the bounty, pm the player that bountied you to tell him thanks for all the money while you laugh your way to the bank, and then just jump on one of your alts since they cost nothing and take little effort to make, and do it all again.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Enallyniv posted:

It was just a magical moment when one triumphant voice actually announced to Mumble; "We've done it, Airys is in jail!"

For reference, this happens about twice a week. Airys is an endless font of grief and stupidity.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

So what happens to their station? Will it kind of linger there or will they loose it to some sort of upkeep issue?

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Oh man the character bio he made for his digital realdollavatar

Linamia, founder
When I was born, the moons circling our planet turned bright red, the waters that filled our oceans began spinning like a top, and the ground trembled with glee. Our world was locked in a titanic struggle against an invader from another world. Prophecy revealed, that a child born during a worlds war would bring peace between worlds.

When I reached the age of reason, I infiltrated the enemy home world and touched its swirling seas with one hand and sifted the sand with the other. This action produced a quantum temporal time singularity. A time wave wiped out all modern life on the enemy planet sending it back to the stone ages. This waring world can begin anew in peace.

With my home world safe and my heart yearning to explore the universe, my people gave me this space ship as a reward. After traveling the nearest galaxy I stumbled upon the milky way. I learned of a great union of planets, called the Klingon Defense Force, My home world joined this force and with their help I plan on bringing peace to more troubled worlds.

WTF is this :psyboom:

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Preechr posted:

He had a big whine thread about how we're ruining his dancing with our ugly characters, and how he's not a pervert, he's a big supporter of :siren:strong women:siren:. He then told us how he modeled all of his female characters off of his mother, who was a :siren:strong woman:siren: and performed as a lounge singer for more than a decade. Somehow, this was supposed to be a tribute to his mother.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

Ahahahah, so he owned the stall the whole time?

edit: Oh my god, some players in this game have too much money.

Do VIP accounts still cost 20$ a month? :signings:

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Haquer posted:

No. VIP is 30 gold, which is $9.

Also, with the last expansion VIPs got a fuckload more content so it's an even better deal.

Oh so only $200 bucks a month. That's much better.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

Do you live in Utah or something or are you just cheap/poor?

I live in Virginia and my rent is only $460 less than a mile from a college.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

yaoi prophet posted:

So what exactly enforces the AI laws? Is there a mechanism for the other players to go 'hey, you didn't actually follow the laws' and punish you?

The mods can job-ban you for being a bad AI, and the players can storm your upload and essentially kill you.

e:fb

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

death .cab for qt posted:

There's actually a thread in Traditional Games that's all about the best/worst games you've been in and they're pretty much all either super cool or griefing somebody.

Got a link? I just searched through and found nothing. I'm probably looking for the wrong name.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Turtlicious posted:

I don't know if this is a grief exactly, or just an amazing story from SS13. I don't think anyone will object to me posting it here.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=420937387&forumid=44

(To note, cutting off a wizards beard will make him human / not a wizard)

Oh god! It's beautiful! :syoon:

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Tardcore posted:

I actually think it was just intent to maim, making it even dumber, there's no way in hell he was trying to kill him if all he hit was the owners hand.

Zereth posted:

I'm pretty sure you are massively overestimating the typical accuracy of a handgun shooter.

I also imagine the owner was doing something other than standing there like a chump and taking it.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Indecisive posted:

Well, there's plenty of ways to grief it right now, I wouldn't call any of them creative or good though because it's too easy to do and no real consequences of it. I mean, you can always do the cheap minecraft grief of destroying something they've built, or abuse the glitch that lets explosions damage players to kill them, but I don't think the tools are really there yet for any actual creative griefing. Plus, being an Alpha, very few people have bothered to really build anything worth a gently caress, certainly not on an open server where someone would be able to destroy it. The best perhaps would be rendering a server's home planet unusable - each server seems to have one single planet that everyone appears at the first time they go to that server. So you could I suppose dig a massive pit under the spawn, wide enough that they can't reach safety to either side, and deep enough that falling kills... but unless it's brand new character that hasn't done anything yet, they'd probably have fuel to warp back to their ship and take off to another planet. Even if it IS a new character without any fuel they can always take it to single-player, get the fuel, and come back.

There's a mechanic that moves your warp in point down if it's unsafe (though when and how it works seems fairly random). You can still install a forest of fan blades at spawn though.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

red19fire posted:

What's the difference between briefing and trolling?

Griefing is a gaming term while trolling is more expansive. Trolling is also less about doing things to other people and more about making them mad with communication alone. Griefing is usually directly affects the person in some way.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

-Troika- posted:

Anyone have a link to that one CS video with morphmod where the terrorists turn into bombs, forklifts, helicopters, etc? It was posted earlier in the thread but the google video link is dead.

It's in the op for posterity.
E:fb

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

7 Days to Die is one of the many zombie survival games that came out last year. 30 or so pages back is a pretty good story about flooding someone’s mines so you’ve probably heard about it. It’s still very much an alpha but they’ve added some more stuff to the game and it’s pretty fun both in itself and also as a vehicle to dick with people who really should be playing Minecraft.

On the main goon server we have recently been introduced to Batman, a player who had taken over a central location on the map. The only reason we took any interest in the guy is because he was duping items far more than was reasonable, and unlike most cheaters who dupe supplies, Batman was duping top level building materials to make Barbie’s Dream Bunker. A couple days ago, after he shot a poor goon smuggling water, we formed a posse, killed him 20+ times and wrecked the place and then left thinking he would get the message. Last night we came back on and there he was again, fort completely rebuilt and even more outrageous amounts of duping going on. After we got the next best thing to an admission of cheating we had all the evidence we needed to request admin assistance.

We started off spawning zombie dogs on him. There was some collateral damage as some random pubbies got zombies spawned on them across the map as the proper entity ID was found. After the dogs came the giant mutant Bees. Unfortunately, due to the wonkiness of the spawn mechanics all the spawns landed outside, and while they happily went to work tearing parts off his place, none of them were actually showing up inside. It worked in our favor though as after 15 minutes of BARK BARK BZZZZZ BANG BARK CRASH BARK BZZZZZZZ BZZZZZZZZ BANG CRASH he switched servers in the hopes that we would lose interest.

This is the point where we had some difficulties. You see, in 7 Days there is an item called a Keystone. Everyone spawns with one when they first join a server and they are used to protect land, both blocking items from being placed and making blocks in their radius harder to destroy, up to 64 times. That combined with his super hardened defenses meant doing it by hand was out of the question. Thankfully, our zombie workforce was still idly chewing on the surroundings so we put them to work. Zombies will try to path directly to any player they detect, and if they can’t find a path, they will attack the first block in their way, and continuing onward until they can get to you, and they aren’t affected by keystones. So, after digging a trench we gathered up some raw meat, which zombies can smell from a long way off and had a tea party on the roof while the crew of zombies dug him a new basement addition.

Unfortunately for Batman, 7 days has a rudimentary physics system that will cause structures to collapse without proper support. It took upwards of an hour, but eventually the entire structure had been leveled. We gussied it up a little then called it a day. When the caped crusader next logs in he will appear in midair, two stories above a spike filled crater, surrounded by landmines.

Unfortunately, we don't have a picture of the abortion that Batman built, but to give a sense of impact the construction wasn't much larger than the original structure pictured below. Both pictures are from the same geographic location.

Before:

After:

We also have another pubbie named Shuudoushi or something tell us he “was more likely to die from a bullet than smoking in his line of work”, how he had already been shot 9 times, once in the “helm”, and all the usual 14-year-old-lying-to-impress-people-on-the-internet bullshit. Hopefully we will find where he lives tonight and I can write up another report of zombie home renovation. We're also going to collect the chat logs because this guy says the most amazing poo poo.

Credit to Molothecat, The Homosexual Agenda, a pubbie named MDF, and our very helpful mod Skandaron. Fine work gentlemen.

Post authored by The Homosexual Agenda

-Zydeco- fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jul 22, 2014

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Spaced God posted:

Fiddy cent?

Not unless he's a corpsman in the Army, who was once shot by an AK that hit him hard enough that it knocked his helmet off and threw him into a wall, which knocked him out for a few minutes defying the laws of physics and the bullet stopping abilities of kevlar helmet, which are called helms according to him, at the same time. Also, he's in the HLS? From what he said we assumed he meant the DHS, but he was adamant that he was in the HLS. Real classy dude.

He also told us repeatedly to eat the cheese out of an MRE? We still don't know what the gently caress that was about.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Magres posted:

It's a pop culture military stereotype that the cheese from MREs will make you constipated as hell.

I kept telling him the cheese was nasty and whats the point and after a few tries he asked if I ate it with water. I was completely lost at that point.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Nyyen posted:

Yeah Shuudouchebag was a non-stop bullshit fountain last night. He finally got pissed enough he came down and sniped one of us then scampered off home but he'll get his tonight.

He blew himself up twice on my landmines trying to get back into town this morning.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Archonex posted:

I really need to play this more often. The computer I had my install on had a hard drive crash and I never got around to reinstalling it. Which I guess is a bit lovely of me since I made the OP and got a fair number of people interested in it. :stonk:

Our current project is Eat Red Meat and Berzerkman2000, two pubbies based in the far north. They were continually killing another pair of northern pubbies, which we took offense to since that was our schtick. We tracked them to their base which was backed up to the near instant death radiation zone and a mostly competently built shelter. Three of us tried ambushing them as they left their base, but were humiliatingly defeated and lost two sniper rifles and a SMG in the process. It was decided at this point that they had engaged in illegal weapons development (by killing us) and therefor the correct course of action would be to establish a DMZ and impose sanctions. We gathered a six goon posse and headed up north.

We established a nearby base camp and stockpiled hundreds of building materials and then got to work. As four goons provided cover fire, the remaining two quickly erected a temporary impassable palisade what was then manned by the shooters. Cover established, the real work began. 18 keystones, more than any non-murderous pubbie hunter would ever see, were laid in a rough U shape at the outskirts of the two pubbie's existing keystone protection. Then a massive 5-8 block high was was constructed encircling their encampment on all non-irradiated sides. Two sniper nests were constructed and then the space between the inner and outer walls were filled with wooden spikes. Then we left. Eat Red Meat and Berzerkman2000 are now trapped inside a few hundred square meter pubbie preserve overlooked by sniper towers, ringed by spikes, and locked in by a wall that they cannot realistically escape through without several real world hours of work that we can reverse and repair in seconds. We were going to issue demands, but an impending server reset has everyone feeling apathetic, so we'll probably just leave them there for the next two weeks.

Servers been down but once it's back I'll get some screen shots.

TLDR: Two pubbies got some good guns by killing us so decided to wall them into a tiny area that they have no hope of leaving.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Server came back up.

Coming up from the south this is the first thing you will see.
SW corner

SE corner

at the very center of all this is their base.

Their views from the inner wall.

Same and a view of Molo's DMZ art installation "Dick with a Dick".

Scenic DMZ wildlife viewing tower.

Also, and update on the Batman saga from a few days ago, he finally came back. Unfortunately, in this game if your bed or sleeping bag is removed or destroyed while you are offline your spawn will be fixed until you lay another bag or bed down. This means that Batman's spawn is perpetually about 30 feet up over a pit of spike leading to his untimely and since he keeps spawning in midair due to no access to a sleeping bag or place to put it, repeated death. We have named the site the "Batman memorial crater" in his honor and in recognition of the endless entertainment he provided.

-Zydeco- fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jul 25, 2014

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Real life trolling. Don't tell people he's dead or he'll comment sooooo hard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KL51GDdVzU

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

What's going on here? Does some guy get the password to his twitch channel and then use it to be slightly annoying and then make an overly dramatic video about it?

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

silentsnack posted:

Yeah it's Engrish because e-Bushido is a catchall term for the stupid arbitrary rules of honorable conduct that nerds uphold (but ignore whenever it suits them) stuff like bowing to your opponent before a duel and whatnot, not using flashbangs or acid grenades in a swordfight, etc.

...not using any weapon or ability if using that ability causes them to loose i.e. noobtoob....

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Third World Reggin posted:

For you old wushu goons, china game 4.0 is coming to NA soon. Like a month or less. I think.

Here is an example of something you can do to grief.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kbBz29FZAc

You can also just sit there with a dinky gun and shoot people off of horses all day.

Oh boy. I kind of miss the old AoW. I might have to get this.

Dizz posted:

Looks neat. I bet it's grindy as gently caress and also pay to win

10 goon hobos to every :10bux::10bux::10bux: spending poopsocker is what made AoW great to begin with.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Machai posted:

but what is the game called?

Age of Wushu Dynasty is the new one I think. NM. That's a mobile game.

-Zydeco- fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Dec 29, 2015

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

cock hero flux posted:

My memories of Wushu are pretty vague but I do remember most of us camping out in the market square of a big city killing merchants as they desperately tried to reach their shops and extend their leases before they ran out.

The best way to describe the goon organization in wushu was as a organized crime. We hijacked cargo passing between cities, mugged pedestrians for their kung fu secrets and then flipped the stuff on the open market, ran bait and switch scams, assaulted anyone who rode a horse in town, beat up people so they lost their lucrative shop locations and them moved into the spot ourselves, rigged martial art elections to put our flunkies in power, and posed as the victim and the police simultaneously to frame anyone who tried to fight back for murder. We were the russian mob invading crouching tiger, hidden dragon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Found this in the Fanart thread

FlyinPingu posted:

still my fav undertale fanart, probably because it's so dumb and lovely

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23KLGzsIBuY

• Locked thread