Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MeTa_Cunt0rV2.1 posted:

Look at all the non-entities trying to take snipes at me with their tired cookie cutter posts just because I criticised their favorite hobby. If you're gonna grief, put some effort into it. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

I'd say having a couple of posts dedicated to this is perfectly acceptable. It is funny, and if you have a funny story then that is alright. Posting the same thing almost entirely is kind of boring, and everyone arguing about whether or not something is griefing is just :suicide:

There is a mod for Half-Life 2 called Age of Chivalry that I used to play on quite a bit. This game is surprisingly grief friendly in both FF-off and FF-on servers. One of my favorite things to do is to angle the catapults into the ground right in front of the catapult. When one of my teammates comes by and pulls the lever they blow themselves up. You would be surprised at how many people just want a free and easy catapult kill so they don't bother to look where it is aimed.

For those that do end up aiming the catapults, messing up where the catapult is aiming can end up with hilarious results. If he is firing at enemies when allies are particularly near even moreso. For a moment when they've pulled the lever you still have time to adjust the aim, and it is not that hard to aim it straight into your own allies. Keep in mind, these kind of people care only about their amazing 60:1 kdr, so making them lose a ton of points to teamkills will inspire some truly hilarious voice chat rage.

Certain maps can be blocked or nearly blocked so well as to guarantee a loss for your team. On a certain map Mason Order is on defense and a dedicated blocker can make it impossible to get out of spawn without losing at least 1/4 health. There are two doorways leading out, and they are so narrow you can throw a fire pot onto the ground in one door way and completely block the other.

There are a ton of things you can do, and I realize that they aren't PARTICULARLY clever, but this community is very serious business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Haircut Insurance posted:

this never happened

This is how you grief a thread. Make a three word terrible reply to an actual entertaining post, whether it is true or not.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Third Man posted:

I always hated the people who played battlefield just to fly around in jets. It made the game really lovely for anyone who didn't have a joystick, and they could dominate servers. That and they were invariable the most whiny/easily trolled players because they took everything so seriously.

I loved playing on BF2 for just this reason. I would suck up to the admins and get in their good graces, and inevitably there would be the 'srs bzness' jet pilot who always made excuses when he died. And god forbid you ever think about touching his jet. I'd put C-4 on the jet and explode it just before he got into the jet. He would rage so hard, and then I'd complain to the admins about him blowing the jet up over and over. The admins banned them, since I was such a fantastic suckup.

Battlefield 2 jet aces are the worst ever.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
With Diablo 2 on hardcore you could always make a 'ACT 4 HELL RUN' game and a number of people would join. You could have a TP to wherever, it didn't really matter tell them there is some loot on the ground outside the TP. Except outside the TP you really lured a ton of monsters. There is a slight delay after you go into a TP where you can't go back through the TP again. This is especially good if you can get a unique flame lord or whatever they are called since they do a ton of initial damage.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MizuZero posted:

- killcams

Honestly, this is all you ever need to tell me is in a game and I'll completely understand why the game is essentially made for making people rage as much as possible. In fact, just the idea of getting killed from an awesome fairly hidden position on the map because the game decides to tell everyone you kill exactly where you are is making me rage.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Law posted:

I don't get it, do they just stand around all game?

Trying to understand Face of Mankind is kind of like being griefed in itself.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I know people have mentioned Trouble in Terrorist Town in this thread before. There is pretty much nothing that happens in this game that does not inspire a lot of nerd rage.

Blocking doors in TTT is hilarious for example. Most FPS games have FF turned off, so it gets kind of boring just blocking them in a stupid room. But in TTT you have an interesting dynamic. Most of the people are paranoid, jumpy, or complete idiots. Keep that in mind.

My friend and I were traitors one time, and I managed to block the entire team inside a room. After a lot of threats involving my mother's sexuality, the state of my social life, etc one of them kills me. In the mind of someone else, this meant that he was obviously a traitor. So the guy that killed me get killed, and it starts a chain reaction of innocent traitors murdering one another.

If you've never played TTT, you should. I'm not very creative, as you can tell from my story. The amount of incredible rage that is induced by being killed while you really are innocent is amazing, so even my uninspired attempt at pissing people off worked to stunning success.

All you need is Garry's Mod and Counter Strike Source. On the Garry's Mod server list just sort by name and look for 'terrortown.'

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

AXE COP posted:

Someone mentioned Trouble in Terrorist Town earlier in this thread. After checking it out I've discovered it is, indeed, prime griefing ground.

Assisted Suicide in Terrorist Town

Pretty much everyone in TTT uses a microphone to yell out when they spot someone acting suspicious, or holding one of the traitor-only items such as a knife or C4. People always listened to the guys with microphones because having an angry dude shouting in your ear tends to get your attention quicker than reading the text at the bottom. Stopping to type normally got you murdered in short order in a variety of creative ways (unless you were the traitor yourself).

There was one particular player in the server I frequent named Feeble. Now, Feeble was a very angry Geordie, and an admin to boot, so rounds would frequently be punctuated with "WHUT THE FUK WAS THAT FOR, YOU BLEEDIN' human being" and various other expletives, peppered with bans. He was pretty great at being the traitor, but was a terrible Innocent, and ended up killing his own side nine times out of ten.

So after a few rounds of learning the ropes and griefing as AXE COP, I decided to screw with him. I change my steam name to "Me" and reconnect to the server. The scoreboard only displays avatars in a tiny size so no-one cottoned on that it was me. The next round starts and as luck would have it I get picked for traitor. After ordering up my traitor equipment (a playerbomb in this case, which can be attached to a dude to detonate later), I run around to try and find Feeble, who sure enough has already accidentally shot two Innocents. I walk up behind him and start to stick my playerbomb to him, but he finishes checking the bodies before I'm done and spins round, spotting me holding a big ol' beeping bomb. I finish sticking it to him and flee, dodging his pistol fire (I guess his shotgun was out of ammo).

So as I'm running from this guy, he starts screaming down the mic, and I discover he's daft enough that my namechange has worked.

:black101:: "YOU FUCKIN' human being! IT'S ME! KILL ME! KILL ME! THE TRAITOR IS ME!"

This counted as a confession, which under these server rules is deemed to be enough evidence to kill him. So they do.

Two innocents appear ahead, I duck around a corner and Feeble gets gunned down in a storm of bullets. By now, quite a large portion of the players are dead, and these are the last two non-traitors left, along with three traitors like me. The two innocents run over to check the body, to determine if he really was a traitor or not.

That's when I detonate the playerbomb, turning both players into a scorched crater on the ground, winning the rounds for the traitors, netting both the innocents I killed a ban from the seething admin and getting an award for the most explosive kills in a round. :c00lbert:

This was on a "LUElinks Militant Atheist Experience" right? I remember playing with you, that was hilarious.

Also, Industrial, your stories seem sort of reminiscent of Belan the Looter. Is that you? Because if so, you've inspired me to be a dick in games unlike anyone else.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ziploc posted:

In SS13 you have a crew interested in staying alive, and a few traitors making bombs and poo poo to escape/kill everyone. Not all game modes in SS13 are that way though.

I can't tell you how much mid speech kills make me smile.

"OH poo poo GUYS I FOUND THE TRAITOR IT'S HARD CL-"

Also, on some of the servers at least, the detective can tell the last words of someone who died. The server I play on has fairly strict no RDMing rules, which make it more fun. Keeping both of these things in mind, typing in 'OH GOD OH GOD ITS URDEN KILL URDEN KILL HIM' usually means that they are going to get killed simply based on this.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

slovach posted:

:downs:: I DON'T HAVE loving ASPERGERS I'M A HIGHLY FUNCTIONING AUTISTIC RGHHEEEEEEEE
Screeching into the mic. I have never quite heard anything like it.

This to me is one of the best posts in this topic. Anyone can throw out aspergers as an attack, but when you can really pick people out who are incredibly social awkward based on their voice then you've got a winner.

Not only did you ruin his gaming experience, but you probably ruined the rest of his day.

Bravo.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

EVIR Gibson posted:

The Five Second Rule

Playing Diablo 2, you will recognize that there are items that are very hard to get. A lot of these items are items you create called runewords. There are runes that drop in game and by inserting them into a piece of armor or weapon in the correct way, you turn that gear into something really awesome. The most useful is using the runes Jah+Ith+Ber to create a piece of armor called Enigma which allows any class to teleport which is a sorceress only skill.

What you do is act like a new player and wander into a boss run. Ask if anyone has Enigma. When you find a player, call bullshit on it. Try to convince them to drop it in town really far away from you so it shows up on your loot view.

They are rather willing to do this other than trading because there used to be ways to steal gear through trading (not any more but the feeling still remains)

Now in town, the amount of spells you can cast are severely limited which is another reason why they feel comfortable. Mostly because players can only cast buffs and pets.

One pet you can summon for the necromancer is the Iron Golem which turns any item on the ground into a pet with the attributes of the piece of armor. So you just turned their really hard to find piece of gear into a pet permanently.

Now some players might know this, see you are a necromancer, and not drop the gear knowing this. This is why you make a non-necro and get a piece of jewelery called Metelgrid which has charges of Iron Golem.

The player might now drop it for you because what is a paladin going to do it? Exactly the same as a necro; turn your precious gear into a walking bucket of bolts.

This has never happened to me, but I almost raged for those people. Nice job.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Another good thing you can do in TTT is grief the traitors. Most of the stories here seem sort of the opposite.

Find a server that has people that aren't complete shut ins and will talk on the mic. Then once there is only one or two traitors left go around and ask specific people (when you are a detective, so you have an air of authority) to spell innocent backwards. People don't really understand why its going on, but they have the big green bar at the bottom that spells innocent.

No big problem. But last night a friend of mine did this on a server and the third person he asked was a traitor. He clearly couldn't do it, so he got shot, and guess what?

Traitor...

also an admin who muted him and temp banned him

but still

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

asylum years posted:

So maybe people in this thread are too cool for text games but I dunno, logs from HellMOO were received well earlier. So now we all play Hell: After the End (aftertheend.org) and people are still just as ragey as ever.

SA player Tannhauser killed a guy. Guy wanted to complain to him about this injustice. Tannhauser just replied every few minutes with the same phrase:

"da haus always wins B)"

results:

http://pastebin.com/mYKPxw9R

Not only did this make me want to play Hell (hopefully someone can help me not suck at these games so much), I'm fairly certain I know this guy IRL. It isn't his exact handle, but its very similar, he always does the *nods* poo poo, and he has the EXACT pathetic lifestyle he was attributing to the Goon. He is also really into MUDs.

So, I'm gonna see if he plays Hell. :)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

PUNCHITCHEWIE posted:

It's simple and stupid, but there's something so fun to me about trolling conservative, active/ex military, white Americans that I seek out games that they congregate to just because their reactions are just the best I've ever seen.

I recently discovered that World of Tanks attracts exactly this sort of "special" demographic. Hopping in a game and blathering on about how the infidel Americans will soon be ended and allah will judge you all for your crimes against the Iraqi people generally leads to a lot of frothing at the mouth and (more often than not) getting teamkilled quickly.

I just love these games, I haven't had this much fun in five years when my main goal was to get banned from every "Christian clan" server I could find in America's Army, which was no small undertaking.

Well, if you enjoy griefing this demographic, you should also check out the Red Orchestra and Battlefield communities. RO has a ton of ex-military or military wannabees who want to armchair general. Battlefield has a lot of prominent Christian servers/clans as well. I remember playing on the Men of God server and they took it down for Wednesday night Bible study.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I've watched Avolition's videos for a while and I think it'd be fun to play Minecraft with them. I don't feel like sucking up on their forums long enough to get a chance, so I guess I'll just watch their videos.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

big duck equals goose posted:

Yeah! Speaking of that, why can't black people move back to Africa!?

Is this some kind of meta post where you are trying to grief the thread or are you just the master of fallacies?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SeriousCrimesUnit posted:

Didn't see this posted, even when it was new. Some Team Avolition stuff that isn't just 'delete tower, insert tree.'

Minecraft Griefing - ChaosCraft
From the description: The admin was allegedly harassing players to donate money for server upgrades. I decided to stop by and take a look, and about five minutes later, the admin told a player to steal money in order to donate. Then he ordered us all to attend a virtual church service because it was a Christian server. Jackpot.

Left 4 Dead 2 Griefing - 30,000 Damage Pistol
Just as it says. One thing I will never understand about players is that once they realized they're getting griefed, instead of just calmly leaving and finding a game they want to play, or playing along with the griefers, they stay, complain, and feed into them. "Daddy bought you a server." You know you don't have to play on it, right?

One lovely girl's attempt at payback makes my ears cringe. Let's see if you can spot her.

The best part of this L4D2 griefing so far is how they are making up stuff as proof he is hacking. 'LOOK HIS SCREEN IS SHAKING' etc. Why even make stuff up? He is one-shotting tanks, just leave it at that.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jabor posted:

Your definition of "griefing" is so narrow that it's almost like you don't have any comprehension of what it is or how it works.

I almost wouldn't classify exploiting as griefing, at least in the case of putting Sentry Guns underneath level geometry. Its pretty stupid, not in the least clever, and it wouldn't really make most people mad. Most people would probably just find a new server.

While there are some exploits that are grief worthy, I don't typically think something is griefing unless you could tell a story about it and legitimately think the other people would be mad and find a bit of humor in it. Saying 'I totally put some sentry guns under the level geometry and made the whole server quit' is interesting the ONE time it is told, after that it shouldn't really qualify as griefing because its a pretty stupid and unimaginative grief.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Peanut President posted:

z0mby, by complete coincedence, griefed the "DELETE THIS" kid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RczKHUWyVb4 at 4:20.

I cannot believe that that this kid didn't learn any kind of lesson. This is the best thing.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

whatis posted:

Flying HW harasses a 13 year old boy in TF2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECw4cHVmB9c

I feel like he is probably a pretty nice kid IRL, he just wasn't used to having someone harass him. It was pretty hilarious, but I really hope he was alone in his room while playing. I'd feel kind of embarrassed for him if he was somewhere his family could hear him saying that stuff.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Don't let him fool you Rrussom likes toilets and women turning into toilets as much as pedo dude up there likes making creepy threats

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Croccers posted:

Even for mods that's pretty weird.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l0NWp7FVYY&t=20s

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Soulex posted:

I think it's about time. Though I wish that we could have a "best of the best" section in the OP that have been featured on this thread.

I really love the SS13 stories :allears: because despite knowing what the game looks like, I imagine a GTA like environment and graphics instead.

I think the first 5-10 pages or so it should be acceptable to repost stories people have posted from this thread as a best of the best. But yea, new thread would prob be good at this point.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Chris Roberts changed the name to Star Shitizen, hope this helps

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
There are a lot of gamers who really are mentally I'll, and if all they had in the world was 15k they'd pay it for a video game headstart, legitimately pretty sad

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Eruonen posted:

good video. what did you do to make him apologize? threaten to call his mom?

e: i love how you posting still sends people into fits of rage in the thread about griefing.

??? i dont think anyone is mad

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Eruonen posted:

good video. what did you do to make him apologize? threaten to call his mom?

e: i love how you posting still sends people into fits of rage in the thread about griefing.

:smug: heh, those loving nerds dont want to associate with someone who threatened to rape a 5 year old girl, loving plebs rage at him SO Hard LMAOOOO :smug:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lets think of some more epic win video themes he could have

one where he plays as a nazi and calls all of his teammates jews and kills them

thatd be epic

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Daman posted:

can you carepost more about him dude, he's going to start recording your post history next

I don't even know what this means

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
what the myg0t dude and his friends think is an epic grief

telling a girl playing counter-strike "yo i'm gonna pound your 5 year old daughter's vagina, nigga"

truly epic, friend

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

I hate that fucker who is easily one of, if not the most consistent posters of griefing content in this thread. Let's argue about him and not post griefing related content for a page or two every time he posts, because it clearly accomplishes something other than making GBS threads up the thread.

thats why I suggested coming up with more epic griefing ideas for him to make videos about

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

I'm not saying he isn't an unfunny nerd who threatened to rape a child, I'm saying that you guys poo poo this thread up worse than him.

:yikes:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
sergeant_crunch: "yea i dont know how i feel about the guy who threatened to rape kids, but those imps making message board posts have gone TOO FAR"

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Eye of Widesauron posted:

*swaggers into the cell block*

"Yo nigga what're you in for"

"...thread making GBS threads and don't your forget it BITCH"

its apparently worse than threatening to rape a child

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Azerban posted:

holy poo poo this a post to be proud of innit

its pretty amazing to see soemone with such wrong priorities like that guy, lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

e...PIC

Straight outta Games Threads crazy motherfucker named g0t hatz
From the gang called Pedoz With Attitudes
When I'm called off I threaten to show my dick off
Squeeze my nutsack and pubbies are hauled off

widestancer has mad flow

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Some of us enjoy making fun of people like that guy. It's almost like griefing.

why cant they respect our form of griefing?

hahah holy fuuuuuck

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

You guys seem to think I'm trying to pick sides or something.

didnt you just say imp zone posting in this thread was worse than threatening to rape a child

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Making fun of the guy who griefs by being an unstable pedophile and watching people line up to get kicked in the nuts defending him is pretty good griefing.

*literally runs so fast to defend a weirdo with pedophile tendencies that he trips over his own feet*

Chomp8645 posted:

That rule was loving awful.

*posts a whole bunch of garbage*

"One time I shot my teammates on purpose in Counterstrike, it made them angry"

Yep - everyone just does exactly what he did

make the post he wanted to make then shoehorn in a grief

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Krotera posted:

(I am long-posting with the hope that we can start a non-sarcastic, down-to-earth, mercifully short dialogue. Please non-sarcastically reciprocate!)

Do you mean Hats? I think he probably wasn't an actual pedo: I think he's just saying whatever he thinks will get a rise out of people. (He is not very funny.) Are you trying to get handwringing apologia out of people by accusing them of not adequately shaming the hypothetical child rapist? I don't think children ever came into risk of rape here and it reads to me like you're trying to start a dogpile because you don't like people who post in the Imp Zone. (Disclaimer: I post in the Imp Zone.) As far as I know no one here actually supports rape.

I guess TheSpiritFox was kind of pedo? But I don't get the implicit dichotomy i.e. Azerban was drawing between either "reading pages of hypothetical child rape commentary" or "children literally getting raped, you monster." If I started posting in a thread you like about starving African children or sex harassment in the military, and wouldn't stop, wouldn't you be miffed if I started calling you a self-righteous imperialist or a rape apologist because you didn't care enough about my issue to switch to it full-time? Because there's a weak-at-best topic tether here and I don't think the derail is very interesting.

I think it would be best if people ignored Hats' posts. I am not ignoring your posts because I want to reach out to you! Now I have to burn Minecraft.

thats a lot of words and all i know is that telling a woman you are going to pound her daughter's 5 year old pussy is wrong and gross and he deserves to be mocked pretty much any time he ever posts, like there is something really mentally wrong with someone who would say that

im sorry you dont agree with that

• Locked thread