Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Giggily posted:

No, it's Templars of the New Conglomerate. TE doesn't care about EVE Online from what I understand, but they are pretty humorous because they're hemorrhaging members in an attempt to stat pad their way to #1. They kicked 100 people the other day, and are now top ranked on Mattherson in every single category except for score per minute, where we're still better.

Are you talking about joshinya? He has an autistic fit any time goons are around, friendly or enemy. He seems to have EVE PTSD, and it's hilariously easy to get that entire outfit to have a meltdown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Magres posted:

I don't think this has been posted, and it's amazing. This guy literally, honest to god, is crying. You can hear it in his voice. It's so good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxZ3_wDserU

Was the grief getting me to listen to that pathetic poo poo at the end of that video? If so, you win.

Taunting and cursing at a crying 14 year old over mumble isn't really a clever form of griefing. Everyone's gotta start somewhere I guess.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Segmentation Fault posted:

By that logic neither is getting a child to scream and slam his keyboard/mouse. Getting someone to cry over a video game isn't valid griefing, but making a kid go completely bonkers is...?

I don't want to be all "lol gently caress everyone SOMETHINGAWFUL DOT COM" but on the same token you are posting in the griefing thread. Trying to assign some line of morality where a certain form of griefing is okay but another isn't is really dodgy because being an rear end in a top hat over the Internet is the entire point of griefing.

It's not a moral issue, it's an issue of the mundane verses the clever and funny. Locking someone in the air and only saying hello ends up being pretty funny in the retelling. Getting some 14 year old kid to cry by banning him and calling him a bitch will usually just get you blank stares. The first part of that video is rather funny, the ending not so much.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
It's not really about age or crying. Those kids crying are usually the same ones screaming about "niggers" and "faggots" up to the point where they realize it doesn't stop the griefers. I agree with Seg there isn't really moral divide with the types of griefing, just the level of humor one gets from it. I just think the reactions to the clever griefs or those aimed at tryhards are far funnier.

Segmentation Fault posted:

Fair enough. If it's about a taste in humor, I can't really touch you.

Don't be silly Seg, you can touch me any time you want. :heysexy:

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

In Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, a rifle-mounted grenade launcher is commonly referred to as a "noob tube" because you're not supposed to use it or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt7WAyT2hcI&t=19s

Most of this guy's videos suck, but goddamn the tears in this one :allears:

EDIT: Is there a way to strip annotations and custom cover images from an embedded video?

I don't think I will understand why people, teenagers in particular, have the strange compulsion to start singing slurs/cursewords/threats over the internet. I can only assume they realize that constantly threatening to rape someone and their family becomes redundant and so decide to add a little spice to keep things fresh.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Magres posted:

I kinda want to make a British Revolutionary War roleplaying clan on TR now, and tell the NC to stop being rebellious colonists whenever we fight them. Blather on in /yell about tea and biscuits and poo poo and ramble on in proximity voice chat with terrible fake British accents. It'd be even better if we could get powdered wig cosmetic helmets :getin:

I would play planetside 2 again for this. The tryhards in that game would react wonderfully.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
I hope that guy has some sort of special needs, as bad as that sounds. If not and that's from a "functional" adult with mommy issues, it goes beyond disturbing.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

tomanton posted:

here is a man in a top hat spectating me in solemn disappointment as I waste a round running in circles and shooting a gun from my weiner.

I am glad there is no explanation for any of this, it is so much better that way. It's like that Lewis Black sketch about "If it wasn't for my horse, I never would have spent that year in college."

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
That guy sure showed him. If I only I could be so tough, then no one would mess with in my video games.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

wuat posted:

Stream sniping people in DayZ SA is still the most fun thing you can do in the game. info\ and stgggs have been doing it a lot lately, here's a clip from earlier tonight.
We asked in chat before we sniped him to crush a can against his head for my brother Jay Owen w/ leukemia and when he refused we took him out back.
http://www.twitch.tv/zxero_/b/490707646?t=149m45s
We've been hitting a ton of people under the pseudonym "Jay Owen" and people get unbelievably angry at it.

This is from the previous page, but I can't believe how much of a pretentious prick that guy is. Is it just me, or do most of the people streaming seem to be 30s white men with the same bigoted worldview, monotone voice and anger issues.

I also don't understand the strange cult of followers these streamers gather. Their instant acceptance that the people supporting their brother with luekemia are simply fagots who are bad at the game is mind numbing.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
How much do people like that guy make from streaming on twitch? I can't imagine it's anything substantial.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

-Zydeco- posted:

Not unless he's a corpsman in the Army, who was once shot by an AK that hit him hard enough that it knocked his helmet off and threw him into a wall, which knocked him out for a few minutes defying the laws of physics and the bullet stopping abilities of kevlar helmet, which are called helms according to him, at the same time. Also, he's in the HLS? From what he said we assumed he meant the DHS, but he was adamant that he was in the HLS. Real classy dude.

He also told us repeatedly to eat the cheese out of an MRE? We still don't know what the gently caress that was about.

The cheese in those things is terrible, always try to trade it to some idiot private for their peanut butter.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
I hate the current era of big publishers producing only stale games so I hope it succeeds enough to not be considered a dismal failure that prevents other developers from considering a similar path. That being said, it will likely be a dismal failure since Chris Roberts is managing it and is promising everything that anyone could want ever.

Or it's just one of the greatest cons in history, in that nerds will bitch about it for decades.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

That guy is really upset.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Is this what crashed the server about a month ago? I had just logged on, so I didn't get to see it first hand.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
I know the videos were a few.years old, but are there any more videos from the guy angry about terraria? That dude is a treasure.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

QuarkJets posted:

Holy gently caress, that's brilliant. Chris Roberts is an evil genius

I cannot believe that he's kept the gravy train rolling this long. Is there even any substance to the game yet? A friend mine said that he could dogfight, but that it was pretty lovely.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Ringo Star Get posted:

groups of buyers formed "fleets" with supposed working shifts to "man the line" and rotate in and out into battlefield positions and on ships.

I... I don't know how to respond to this.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Kewpuh posted:

ya hes woefully unfunny and his posts are loving garbage

yo hats guy that yells at children on christmas day instead of hanging out with family i'm going to ban you now but its not a permaban but if you post any more lovely unfunny videos in this thread because you don't actually have any comedic chops i'm going to ban you for those as well okay

This was an outcome I did not see coming, Kewpuh is best forums mod (again). I am disappointed there was no bee cock posted in the last five pages though.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

trendwhore posted:

200+ posts crying about some shithead griefer posting in a griefing thread.

Because of all of this nonsense, I unbookmarked this thread. You guys really hosed it up. Thanks a lot.

Oh no, not an unbookmark. This is second only to putting everyone on ignore.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
My buddy at work sent me this: http://youtu.be/As3iWTrXfJE

The guy is only griefing himself, but man is he really mad at video games. And the youth, he is mad at them too.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Shumagorath posted:

How can someone be so self-unaware as to keep repeating "this game sucks" through what looks like hours of rage montages of their own face?

From what my friend said, the guy is a manchild who lives at home and streams CoD and other shooters all day, and has for years. I think being self-unaware is required if that is the case.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Ghostlight posted:

Please enjoy this superior El Presador kill montage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwn0ntbZntY

What did I just watch? I'd say he needs to get out more, but that is a bad idea per this video. I wonder if he just asks random people "hey, do you camp in Call of Duty" and then tackles them if they hesitate.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Mortimer posted:

Doing the fusion dance alone because you have no friends is only slightly less embarrassing than eating a jar of mayo

GOKU has a pretty cool grief history, countless posts are made every day on reddit/forums complaining about some dumb cheese tactic or how we're assholes in /yell. In reality we usually win legit, but being good at the game while being less serious than other people makes them mad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH6ZJ239PvU
Here's a video from almost a year ago back when SOE paid streamers to play Planetside for a weekend. Angry Joe (bad youtube reviewer) and 300 of his fans hop into the game. Unfortunately they picked another faction on our server and told everyone weeks ahead of time. We were camped them into spawn points for a day straight. I can't find the archived twitch stream anymore, but sure enough we got Joe to complain about "loving GOKU" to thousands of his fans.

I haven't played planetside since the GOON schism that sent most everyone over to GOKU, but I remember when we created an alternate outfit on a different serve using the gimmick of racist stereotype indian names to swarm some developers who were streaming their gameplay. It resulted in one of them tiredly exclaiming on stream that "I just got killed by someone named hung like horse."

"Free blankets" was the best name I remember from that though.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
I joined when I was raising fish and wanted to ask synthorange questions in the pet forum.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Lblitzer posted:

Jon Bois is a loving fantastic writer and you should read and watch everything he's done for SBNation

His breaking Madden series is always pretty funny. Also, the "Why your team sucks" series on deadspin is funny even if you know nothing about football: http://deadspin.com/tag/why-your-team-sucks

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Section Z posted:

I saw an article about people hacking in guns that shot money at people for GTA V multiplayer.

Because shooting regular people with money guns would flag them as cheaters for getting too much money too fast :downs:

That's some awesome outside-the-box griefing. I assume they fixed this, or is it still possible?

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Luitpold posted:

The best Planetside 2 grief is when Admiral Snuggles told his officers(2fat4sex and some guy with a commie name) to play diplomats for some NC coalition, and then blew up about 40 of them while they were getting ready for a MAX crash. He got banned for about 2 weeks, but the real diamond was the goon drama.

I wasn't there for the main event, but the next day I came back to a dead outfit. I hopped on the Mumble, and asked what was happening, and after maybe 15 or so minutes of explanation, some goon that had designed an official site for the outfit lost his shits and started throwing a funny tantrum about our alcoholic leader, and repeatedly said "and that was the final straw that broke the camels back." He riled the goons into a circus house of 5 hours with 60+ people in a single channel, all of them yelling at the top of their lungs and refusing to back down. Most of the fighting wasn't even particularly about snuggles, he was just a platform for j4gs and old men being mad about the 'hah we're something awful trolls' meme from the day. Everyone pretty much gave up after that, or moved on to GOKU.

I've never laughed at a constant pace for such a long time, my body was sore the next day. Someone recorded it in full, but I have never been able to find it, everyone wanted to throw that one under the rug, you'd even get account banned for mentioning it in the PGS thread.

I was there for all of that. Snuggles convinced some otheroutfits to get in a big group to do a simultaneous raid of a base that could be accessed by teleporters. Once they grouped up, he C4d the poo poo out of them, killing like 40 friendlies with one detonation. He managed to make the pubbies, goons and mods all flip their poo poo with one action.

While he was banned, the NC goon group split, and the anti-snuggles side ended up joining the vanu goons (another faction with disco and laser beam weapons). My wife and I tried playing with both groups since both groups were fun, but the vanu goons wanted me and my wife to "swear we hated snuggles" before they would invite us to their group, so we just left planetside 2 instead. Seeing where we the game is at now, I think we made the right decision.

Goon drama best drama.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

ProZocK posted:

Well poo poo, guess I got griefed! Should have been more savvy I guess. :xd:

Good job dogstile.

You should play dogstile in that game and then post about it here.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Turtlicious posted:

I don't get it. Why would the chick call the dude in the first place, and if she's not, how is the game hearing it?

I have the same question. Can they somehow hear someone's calls over xbox? I don't have one, so I have no clue.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Darkman Fanpage posted:

I watched Daniel's SL videos. I'd forgotten how insane people in SL are.

I expect them to be insane, but it surprises me that they all sound like they are in their 50s or 60s. Did that game get mentioned on O'Reilly or something?

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

The Fattest PI posted:

This thread has been around for almost 10 years

Have we figured out what truly qualifies as griefing yet?

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

These two videos from the person who made that one are also pretty funny:

http://youtu.be/cP1SsfnSFDs

http://youtu.be/pAGtQ97GrdA

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Bonald Farndhardt posted:

A couple reasons: You can mute someone but if the troll logs off, changes their name slightly and then rejoins, they aren't muted anymore. Also, there's a little-known feature called user-to-user chat where you specify certain users to broadcast sounds to, and then you can send them noises without even being in the same channel as them, and they can't easily tell who's doing it, especially if the server is crowded. I've got an upcoming video involving the latter technique and pig squeals.

You can also open up multiple vent Windows and just login with multiple accounts. The guy who made that video does that repeatedly. On one of his videos it results in someone asking "why is the entire cast of top gun in this channel."

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Soulex posted:

It's like military spouses, they are the worst. I was sitting in a meeting and the instructor asked if there was any military. I raised my hand with a few others, and he asked us what we did etc. when he got to this woman she said "well, my husband is a major!" Like it counted. Sadly, I've seen this poo poo all over the place

My wife told me quite a few FRG horror stories along these same lines.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Eifert Posting posted:

This might be the most consistently funny thread in the forums. I remember lurking this thread for the first ten pages or so close to when I first joined and cracking up. It's still gold.

Have you been to the star citizen thread?

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Up Circle posted:

he pays for his stuff on amazon with their money. they get to watch him play with his toys

Is this common?

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

hampton posted:

No you're the dozens of whiny posts arguing about the gamerfood child rape video and other high-quality contributions like single-emote posting. Why are you here?

edit:
Now I remember you clearly. This is the griefing threads very own moral crusader who posted literally dozens of times about the aforementioned video, not content to simply say he thought it was unfunny (wouldn't disagree) and leave it at that, but compelled to argue with anyone who'd reply to him who didn't express a boldfaced contempt for the video similar to his own. Apparently because he just feels so strongly about whats in good taste (this despite having never posted his own OC).

Squaring that with his most recent quality contribution, this poster is either:
- a triggered MRA set off by the words "victim blaming" too lazy to read my thought about the nazi-creeps video not even being griefing, and/or
- defending said nazi who stole videogames from a child half his age and then tormented and threatened said child afterward

The most consistent thing about his posting ITT is his discussing pedophilia and mental illness, he discusses griefing as if were tangential.

You're a shitposting weirdo, gently caress off TIA.

Looks like you got it all figured out

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
It was someone in GOKU bragging about their group KDR that got BCP to start booting members in an effort to have a better KDR IIRC.

As an update on BCP he and his buddies are now playing MWO. He tried bragging about PS2 when he was teamed with me and some goons, but shut up when my wife teased him by reminding him she killed him a few times in PS2. Being killed by a girl in an internet game is a marker of his everlasting shame apparently, since it caused his cronies to freak out and defend him with strange, misogynistic and disgusting comments.

To add another PS2 story, there's the time GOON and GOKU made a new group on a different server to grief the game developers who were livestreaming their "Friday night fights" thing. The theme of offensive Indian names was selected, and everyone formed a giant mob to snipe the streamers. It was hilarious to roll over the devs and see names like "free blankets" and "hung like horse" display as their killers while they were attempting to discuss the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
It's strange that this happens whenever this thread gets more than like20 posts in week

Think it's time to put it out to pasture

• Locked thread