Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CheechLizard
Jul 1, 2000

It stays at 50%, goy!
I joined a French TF2 server the other day. My team were idiots, shouting for medics despite the fact that they weren't yet injured and there was no medic on the team so I switched to medic and started messing around.
Ubered engineers and medics, followed our spy around healing him, spammed "I am fully charged" and watched our pyros and heavies suicide, followed the heavies around spamming the medic key. Got bored of that, switched to engineer and set up a teleport trap outside our spawn.
A bunch of confused french people stuck in a teleport is funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheechLizard
Jul 1, 2000

It stays at 50%, goy!
Let us not forget Fansy the Famous
http://www.notaddicted.com/fansy2.php

CheechLizard
Jul 1, 2000

It stays at 50%, goy!
Kind of griefing but mostly being a dick on the internet.

Worms Armageddon has always been so easy to grief, they invented a whole bunch of retarded rules that they religeously follow and they rage at the drop of a hat.

Back when WA was first released in the beginning of 99 Team17 also provided a desktop IM client called Snooper so you could chat/spam people in the wormnet lobbies.
Like pretty much everything made by Team17 it had some kind of stupidly obvious achilles heal which would eventually render it useless. In the case of Snooper it required wormnet to validate user logins, a couple of us found out that when wormnet was down you could use any username/password you wanted and Snooper would just give you the benefit of the doubt and let you on with that username.

One weekend when wormnet was down we decided to pass the time and have some fun. We logged in with Team17 tagged usernames, only Team17 staff were allowed to have that in their username so we were immediately trusted by everyone.
While my two friends took the opportunity to fish for passwords I started handing out useless technical advice, telling people that wormnet wasn't down it was a fault with their computers and they would have to re-install the game/directx/windows, or that amazing new features were being added or that the server would be down for weeks or telling them to install the wrong patch.
Pretty harmless really.

While this was going on a kid by the name of Armec sent out a mass ICQ message to about a million people letting them know that there was a problem with wormnet and he was working with Team17 to resolve the problem and he granted a bunch of us a personal audience in ICQ chat where he let us all know the word on the street.
Unfortunately his sources were a little shady, me. He'd got it into his head that because one of us imposters had got him to do something terribly stupid with his computer that he was now unofficial Team17 technical support and started repeating whatever crazy retarded poo poo we told him to everyone in ICQ.

It was a little light fun and then I went to bed only to wake up to the biggest shitstorm in worms ever the next day.
During the night my friends, with the help of more friends and the passwords they had liberated on Snooper, went on a loving rampage across the worms community loving everyones poo poo up, wrecking websites, forum accounts, email & IM accounts and WA accounts including, funnily enough, Armec who according to one of his irl friends broke down in tears and subsequently quit the game altogether.
Team17 removed Snooper and it never came back.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why you don't have online leagues in Worms Armageddon and Worms World Party
By CheechLizard

WA originally had a bunch of ingame leagues for different schemes, it was one of the major selling points of the game and pretty much the only reason to play it instead of Worms 2 which is a better game. Fact.
Being a Team17 creation though meant that anyone under the age of 13 could pretty much destroy the whole thing in 17 seconds, which they did.

One weekend wormnet was down for maintenance but rather than completely block access to wormnet entirely they just blocked the log in page, an HTML serverlist.
A genuine German called Kufner decided that he couldn't wait another day without worms so edited the serverlist to completely bypass the login page which he sent to me, which I sent to a few of my friends, etc, etc, and pretty soon there were a couple of hundred people on wormnet telling the admins to go gently caress.
One of us discovered that by editing the username in the network settings screen which was used for lan play you could login to anyones account without a password which kind of broke everything.
And it's been broken for 8 years.

Also, trapping french people in teleports on tf2 is funny.

CheechLizard
Jul 1, 2000

It stays at 50%, goy!

digitaldorkism posted:

I decided to load up Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy and see if people still play. These people are drat hardcore, all of them are way too easy to grief.

They actually RP as Jedi and have the same ability to go bat-poo poo insane like a furry in secondlife whenever someone doesn't bow before dueling.

I just log on and see a bunch of them spectating a duel then rush in and attack. The reactions are the best. I have received so many death threats in the last hour I don't even know how to contain my joy.

If anyone has this load it up and grief the hell out of these pretend Jedi!
I gave a copy of this to my nephew a while ago. I was trying to show him how to join a server, chat etc and how to challenge players to duels. I didn't notice that we'd joined an RP server.
So my nephew, who was about 12 at the time, challenges some dude to a duel, dude accepts and my nephew starts beating the crap out of him. The guy isn't fighting back for some reason and as my nephew backed off this guy starts raging because he never bowed before the fight. My nephew doesn't want to bow he just wants to stab someone on the internet with a lightsabre and he does so. Until he kills him. Still raging about bowing.
Bloke respawns still raging, which isn't helped when my nephew tells him how owned he is, and proceeds to hunt the kid down and slaughter him repeatedly for the next 20 minutes.
Good times.

CheechLizard
Jul 1, 2000

It stays at 50%, goy!
Another corp in HellMOO, KGB, are dicks. They pretty much destroyed the GOON corp and a couple of them decided to gently caress with my corp.
The laws in the city were changed recently making it legal to attack vampires but if they should happen to kill you then they get wanted stars and the cops start chasing them. So we attack them and die on purpose.
If you do it right then this happens

quote:

CheechLizard asks, "still hunting me farhan?"
Farhan says, "of course"
1Alton smashes the glass cover of the emergency switch on the wall, and jams down the switch.
Steel gratings rattle down on rails and snap shut over the doors and windows.
CheechLizard slices viciously at Farhan with his fine katana.
Farhan flashes a deadly large scythe strike at CheechLizard!
A loud siren starts blaring through the room, rising and falling.
FakeChuck laughs.
[F###C] CheechLizard shudders; Farhan's large scythe rends his abdomen wide open.
CheechLizard kicks dirt at Farhan's eyes.
CheechLizard smiles.
Notdeadyet says, "i'll stay out of it if you do fake"
CheechLizard waves.
[F#*C] CheechLizard goes limp when Farhan carves a chunk from his foot.
CheechLizard's limbs twitch feebly; he coughs weakly, and moves no more.
CheechLizard's white cocoon capsule deploys around his gear with a foamy whoosh.
A red light flashes on the FCPD cam as it swivels toward Farhan.
[FCPD]Farhan earned 6 stars at City Hall.
FakeChuck nods to you.
1Alton says, "Half my customers are filthy animals, look at this, blood all over the place."
1Alton wipes up the last splashes of blood.
[FCPD]Sending 1 new agents after Farhan.
[FCPD]Dispatching C3-50 to Farhan.
Farhan says, "gay"
A C3-50 comes in from the south.
Farhan flashes a deadly large scythe strike at the C3-50!
Horatio arrives on the C3-50's heels.
The C3-50 swings its shock baton at Farhan in a brutal strike.
[F###C] The C3-50 staggers when Farhan cuts deep into its abdomen, spraying blood.
The C3-50 bursts into flames!
[F)C] The C3-50 smoothly dodges out of the way.
Horatio says, "Drive-by..."
Horatio puts on his sunglasses.
Flames cover the C3-50's body amid screams of agony.
Horatio says, "Freedom City style."
[CxF] Farhan knocks aside the C3-50's shock baton!
[F/C] Farhan's large scythe sails high.
[F)C] The C3-50 smoothly dodges out of the way.
[C##F] Farhan grimaces when the C3-50 wails on her with its shock baton!
Farhan says, "ow"
[F'C] Farhan scores a bloody line on the C3-50's leg.
1Alton says, "Ugh, corpses again."
1Alton drags CheechLizard into the back, then emerges, wiping his hands.
Horatio tries to go south, but finds the way blocked.
Horatio says, "drat! I'm stuck."
Farhan rears back and winds up for a power large scythe attack.

player Notdeadyet [ 100% ] horny
player FakeChuck [ 100% ] caff band
player Farhan [ 42% ] caff horny band
npc 1Alton [ 100% ]
npc C3-50 [ 46% ] (attacking Farhan)
npc Horatio [ 20% ]

A spray of C3-50's oil hits you!
Farhan slashes her large scythe across the C3-50's elbows, chopping through the tendons. As the C3-50 squeals and flaps its mangled arms in a gruesome penguin impression, Farhan stabs him right in its stupid face.
The C3-50 sparks and pops as it falls over sputtering to a stop, completely ruined.
A red light flashes on the FCPD cam as it swivels toward Farhan.
Farhan says, "er"
Farhan says, "woops"
Farhan foams at the mouth.
FakeChuck says, "Heh"
Horatio tries to go south, but finds the way blocked.
Farhan says, "i need to get out"
[FCPD]Sending 1 new agents after Farhan.
[FCPD]Dispatching McBain to Farhan.
McBain comes in from the south.
Farhan slices viciously at McBain with her large scythe.
McBain calmly lines up his samaritan at Farhan.
[F)M] McBain smoothly dodges out of the way.
CheechLizard arrives on McBain's heels.
Farhan says, "nooo"
CheechLizard throws a clumsy blow at Farhan.
FakeChuck laughs.
CheechLizard waves.
[F*M] McBain grunts; Farhan scores a bloody line on his abdomen.
[C/F] CheechLizard nearly falls over in a wild kick.
Farhan flashes a deadly large scythe strike at McBain!
You laugh.
[F>M] McBain dodges away from Farhan's attack.
McBain aims his samaritan with deadly accuracy at Farhan.
CheechLizard yells, "LET ME COUNT THE STARS!!"
[C/F] CheechLizard lurches a clumsy kick at nothing.
[F)M] McBain smoothly dodges out of the way.
[C/F] CheechLizard's clumsy punch misses by a mile.
Horatio says, "drat! I'm stuck."
[M###F] Farhan goes limp as McBain's samaritan shot blasts a gaping hole through her leg!
Farhan explodes, showering the area with blood and chunks of flesh.
Blood spurts from one of McBain's gaping wounds.
FakeChuck says, "Oh dear"

CheechLizard
Jul 1, 2000

It stays at 50%, goy!
Griefing hellmoo players is like shooting fish in a barrel, usually they just grief themselves.
Let's see.

There was Nina. Nina was blind and quite angry about everything, you had to try pretty hard not to make her mad. In one instance a couple of players found out that nina was allergic to text jizz and text piss and by allergic I mean loving mad to the point of getting geared, drugged and implanted up with her internet boyfried to hunt them down.
Obviously no one would piss on her ever again after a demonstration of text power like that. Or, you know, make a trigger to piss on nina all the loving time or go out of their way just to gently caress with her by using emotes to mess with her TTS software.

Speaking of emotes, blind players and TTS. A blind player named Fury asked someone for a ride in their plane so they flew straight up to 4000 feet and emoted the journey.

Speaking of planes. There was an indestructable flying pirate fortress which we hijacked and slammed into the city repeatedly, killing a bunch of people and making admins sad.

I was in a notorious corp called Dirty Rotten Scroundrels, we basically ruined the game or made it more fun depending on whatever mood we were in that day. We robbed and killed nearly everyone, including admins. We broke into one guys apartment and he had nothing of value so we called in some favours and redecorated his home, http://pastebin.com/f290ef2a8. After that there was an admin given achievement for DRS redecorating your house. We stole everyones pants at gunpoint, we'd kidnap players by throwing them through portals into places they couldn't escape from or throw dangerous NPCs through portals into the main city. A couple got married in game and we set off rapenades at the ceremony and gangraped his wife and then broke into his custom built honeymoon house and dropped landmines all over the place.

When DRS first started we were all pretty weak and the tough text kids liked to push us around. Some of the tough kids were vampire mutants, this is important.
At one point the admins changed the game so that it was legal to attack vampires in areas with security, if you killed them you still got a wanted level for the local security force. I found out that if you attacked a vampire and just let them kill you then they got the wanted stars and the cops started hunting them. So we started hunting down vampire players, attacking them and letting them kill us. This was pretty useful inside stores, if you started fighting inside a store then security grates would slide down and lock you in for a time so we'd get them trapped in a store, let them kill us and then the cops would come in and kill them and send them to prison. Another side effect was that with enough wanted stars your apartment was no longer protected by the police either and anyone could break into it.
Made a lot of vampires sad by running around naked and hitting them with fishing rods.
Here's an example http://pastebin.com/f532698f7

Finally a few of us griefed the entire game and our own corp by incinerating everything in our HQ. Our HQ had pretty much everything of value in the game, rare pre-nerf weapons, custom items that players had paid for with in game cash which we nicked, mountains of weapons and armour, hundreds of expensive implants. Just everything.
We called in some favours again and had a broadcast camera set up so everyone could tune their televisions in and watch the great incineration and even with admin help it took many hours to destroy everything. I received many angry pages.
I'm told that the game database was considerably lighter after we had finished.

There's a whole bunch of stupid hellmoo stuff here http://helljunk.p4o.net/wiki/index.php/Pastebin_archive

I accidentally became an admin and I discovered to my delight that you don't have to grief players, they grief themselves for your entertainment.

CheechLizard
Jul 1, 2000

It stays at 50%, goy!
Best TF2 spy tactic ever?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOR3snVKW0E

CheechLizard
Jul 1, 2000

It stays at 50%, goy!

Vietnamwees posted:

COD4 was a great game, and I remember goons had a great way of griefing the other team, but I think it only worked on one map, and it was called "Hush" or "Hushing"

In COD4's perk system, it was entirely possible to create a class/setup where you can be completely invisible to the enemy radar, even if they get a UAV(a thing that shows enemies on your HUD map). What goons did was get enough players for a full team, and have everyone use a setup that was completely stealth (invisible to UAV, all weapons silenced, and a Sniper Rifle main weapon because that made your character model a ghillie suit to help you hide in grass better) and as soon as the game started, everyone would spread out and just hide prone in the grass trying their hardest not to kill anyone for the entire game until the timer ran out. As you can imagine, the other teams would be really confused as to where they were and what was going on. I remember from the videos I saw that it really confused a lot of people since it was way different than the standard gameplay where everyone just runs around willy nilly and shooting everything that moves. One video I saw, the round was almost over but an enemy was walking right on top of a someone, and he had to kill him before he figured it out, so when the timer ran out, the final score was 0-1, which I thought was hilarious, though that was considered a failed Hush game. During a successful Hush game, the score would be 0-0.

Hidden Masters do something like this, they throw down some mines or claymores and then just lie down somewhere for the entire game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krvgIo8TpBw

CheechLizard
Jul 1, 2000

It stays at 50%, goy!

Maximum Tomfoolery posted:

From what I understand, HellMOO was great for mercilessly killing anyone who wasn't prepared to be killed. It would have been nothing without the dumb pubbies raging about goons ransacking their apartments and eating all their hundreds of dinosaur toys they collected over several months, and getting duped into jumping out of planes and playing Russian roulette with a fully loaded gun.

Hell, I'll see if I can dig up some of the older stories because there were some really good ones.

The dinosaur toys eating thing was me and another guy, I don't think he was a goon though.
Someone in the game decided to collect as many dinosaur toys as they could, they were completely useless artifacts that were only used in a couple of poo poo crafting recipes that no one used. We figured he was trying to impress the admins into rewarding him for pointless poo poo. We broke into his apartment and stole only the dino toys, there were hundreds of them.
There was a mutation in the game that let you eat pretty much everything so a friend with the mutation ate all of the toys on live tv.
We also stole the custom made weapon from some other jerk and he ate that on live tv

I ran what became the goon corp there for a while, DRS or Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. We did some things.
Two blind players got married in game, officiated by admins, so we bombed it with drug laced grenades and raped his new bride, then we broke into their custom built honeymoon suite and placed landmines everywhere.
We hijacked an indestructable air ship, got hosed up and smashed it into the city repeatedly murdering everyone in the massive fireballs.
A few of us broke into admin land, wrecked a whole bunch of stuff and repeatedly set off the alarm that sms messages the wizards in emergencies.
At one point the city laws were changed to not protect players with vampirism mutations, you could attack them without getting wanted by the police but if you murdered them then the police would come after you. So we'd attack vampires in stores where the security gratings would trap them, let them kill us and then the police would bust in and murder their poo poo leaving them to reclone in prison for a few hours. If you're wanted level was high enough the police wouldn't protect your apartment either so after the vampire died we'd go break into their apartments and steal all their precious text.
We stole everything and murdered everyone. Anything of any value in the game was probably in our HQ vault, which thanks to admin fuckery was practically impenetrable. In the end a few of us got bored and incinerated everything in the corp hq on live TV, which took about 12 hours.

CheechLizard
Jul 1, 2000

It stays at 50%, goy!

Shumagorath posted:

har har i further inconveniced the disabled :iamafag:

Most of the disabled hellmoo players were loving assholes, why else would they be playing hellmoo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheechLizard
Jul 1, 2000

It stays at 50%, goy!
They were particularly fun to gently caress with. You could emote doing things with ":" so ":attacks you" would end up with their screen reader blaring CHEECHLIZARD ATTACKS YOU. Some had triggers in their clients which you could set off just by emoting.
One goon gave a lift to a blind player in a plane, after ascending 10,000 feet above the city he emoted flying the rest of the journey at which point the blind paid some $$$, high fived and stepped out into thin air.
Some had remote cameras outside their apartments or in cockpits of their planes so we would emote picking the lock on their door, they'd panic and come attack us, get wanted by the police and die. Then we'd break in for realsies while they raged in prison. Or you could emote opening and entering their apartment door, they'd panic and go to follow you in which would actually open their apartment door and you could rush in and rob them.
There was a corporation of four incredibly inept blinds, they followed each other round in a conga line. Someone grabbed hold of one of them and pushed them into the orphanage furnace and they all followed and burned to death, recloned and walked back into the furnace again repeatedly to try and get their poo poo gear back.
One of the more obnoxious blinds managed to become a programmer, I have no loving idea how. I checked out her home when I got progged and I don't even know what the gently caress. There were a bunch of generic things with lengthy and stupid descriptions that did nothing, the layout looked like she had started digging, got lost and teleported back to her home room and started all over again. Ask a nice admin for a tour of Peaches Mansion, it's a spaghetti mess of cancerous stupidity.

Turtlicious posted:

When you guys say blind, that's just a like... Hellmoo thing right? Like a status? Blind people can't play video games can they?
It's just all text, there are preferences in the game to turn off the map, flowery descriptions and flavour text and you can set up your client to suppress any poo poo you don't want to hear. There are also visible landmarks and the game can give you directions to a degree. Pretty easy to memorise the game layout. There was also the Track skill which you could use to hunt people.
When we first started playing the majority of the players who tried to make our lives miserable and grief us were blind, they were pretty good at being angry and obnoxious grief machines.

• Locked thread