Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Bedurndurn posted:

Anything for Nioh?

If you don't care about stats, the only build you need is

30 Dex, 30 Magic, 25 Spirit and rest in Skill (or STR if you use axes) and all other stats at least 10.

This is the most diverse build and you have plenty of skill points to spend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Im planning to play Monster Hunter World with my friend who has played the game for couple hundred hours.

What are some good tips when starting the game? I like the look of Gunlance and Charge Blade so Ill probably try these two first

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Ace Combat 7 tips please.

Gonna get myself some wings tonight

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Parrying is good but you definitely cant rely on it when Mules start carrying more weapons.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Any tips for Tales of Berseria? I played a couple hours until the first boss and died (probably because I wanted to try out Hard mode). Not really feeling it so far, the graphics are really rough looking but I hope narrative picks up after the prison place.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Speaking of animals in video games. In Ghost of Tsushima you can kill deer but you don't get any loot for doing so because deer are sacred animals on Tsushima.

This comes up only in loading screens (or if you happen to be familiar with Tsushima's culture) so most people probably killed quite a few thinking they might drop hides for crafting.

Ops.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Backstabs deal pretty big damage because its combined damage from the initial charged heavy attack + follow up visceral attack.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

1redflag posted:

Just bought Resident Evil 7 and all it’s DLC. Anything I should know not covered by the wiki?

Im not sure if the wiki says this but:

Always mix gunpowder with handgun bullets manually. This creates enhanced handgun bullets.

This combo does not show up in your crafting list. It's either a bug or a secret.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Imagining Aloy bringing multiple bows to a hunt

"This one's for fire arrows, this one shoots tearblasts..."

"Aloy, it's a bow. You don't need more than one at a time."

"Hush you, can't you see my weapon mods" *Aloy proudly showing her bow taped with random circuitry and electronics*

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

There has to be a real example where the dictator joins the rebels and they elect him again.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

I just bought Ys Lacrimosa of Dana and the last Ys game I've played are 3 and 7.

Anything I should know besides "Adol go fast vroommmm"

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Reminds me of trying to watch Maximillian's Bloodborne halloween stream that was just constant interruptions of people donating money.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Danger - Octopus! posted:

I'm about 6 hours into Death Stranding, just doing Order #7 and was wondering if I should just keep doing orders as they come, or if there's an obvious point when I should start wandering around and exploring the world a bit more?

Rush through the first 2 chapters.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

I'm playing Into the Breach and it's really good time but are there any recommendations what should I buy with my reputation? Should I always buy lots of power cores first or use the remaining half on new weapons?

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Anyone got anything for Azure Striker Gunvolt 3?

I bought it on impulse because I like the Megaman Zero games. I played the intro level and it was pretty fun.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Morpheus posted:

Anything i should know going into Signalis? Any important stuff that can be missed? Currently in, uh, just got the shotgun I guess. Avoiding enemies when I can, especially the ones that don't notice me.

Always stuff key items into your box until you figure out what to use it on to save space for supplies you might find.

Passageways directly next to save points is usually a good place to burn enemies so they don't respawn.

You can exploit the infinite saves and just reload if you messed up, so save frequently.

You can fine adjust your aim by pushing the right stick forward and then slowly turning it until you get a lock on.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Oh, speaking of, how do I tell if someone is worth kidnapping?

Getting a lot of D-class and even an E-class recruit.

In practice you should kidnap everybody and everyone because the game automatically reassigns your dudes based on their skill level so lower level dudes will just get moved to make room for better ones.

Theres a binocular upgrade that scans the skill level of soldiers.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

In TLOU part 2 you should consider turning weapon sway off from the accessibility menu. It makes the combat better and you dont have to waste pills for accuracy upgrades. Also turn on auto looting

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Fruits of the sea posted:

There's a cottage industry of websites that copy text from gaming sites, steam guides (and now us!). They are really good at SEO.

It sucks because I used to be able to google info, now I have to go the second page of search results before I find anything that's formatted in a remotely readable way and isn't out of date.

On the plus side video game forums and chat servers are more relevant than ever because you can get your answers from a human being (for now).

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

You can autosell valuables by pressing the touchpad on the sell menu. It wont sell any of your crafting mats or anything else important.

You probably dont have to worry about selling anything else.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

My sons play Doors which I allow because its interesting watching them play what is basically a roguelike with very tame jump scares (and they have the game practicaĺly memorized by now)

WaltherFeng fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Oct 12, 2023

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

If you want to maximize your money in RE4make, you should max out your knife durability immediately. It'll save you money in the long run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

bone emulator posted:

There's a good chance no one has played it , but anything for Wanted:Dead?

Like how am i supposed to not take damage from all the ranged enemies for instance?

Take cover and shoot them? You dont need to avoid damage just kill the enemy before they kill you.

Alternatively just run up to them and slice them up. You recover a bit of health when you do execution moves

On default difficulty ranged enemies do not deal a lot of dmg and they die very quickly.

Make sure to buy upgrades from the skill tree.

WaltherFeng fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Feb 1, 2024