Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
I did a thing:

That thing was parking poorly on top of one of work's parking garages.

Oh also I bought that Mazda. 2008 with 40k and it cost me 14 big boy dollars. I love my dad car. Also love the 6 speed. And the turdbo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Those look like some Rota D2s. The Yaris does look good actually. Something about it and the Fit I really like.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

MAJOR STRYkER posted:

Where does everyone always find this graffiti to park and take pictures in front of.

I was driving by and could not resist.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

jink posted:

I originally wanted a front splitter but now I can't fathom dealing with a bumper that is lower.

If that plastidip stuff was ever applicable, it's for that chrome splitter. Get some clear and just lay down a ton of layers. (Or make it pink)

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Is it a flashback to 2002 when we were still posting car poo poo in GBS and pretending we were better than all the other idiots posting?

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

meatpimp posted:

Yes, there is much credence to be given when the poster presents as evidence a magazine of °º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤ºHIS TEAM°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º with banners of "New Kid Kizashi," "Nocturnal Kid Civic" and "Flush Kids STI/RSX."

Sorry , I didn't mean to insinuate that Team SunJerk should be considered pretending. Posting the magazine covers is the funniest loving thing I have seen this week.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Das Volk posted:

poo poo I've been here for almost 14 years. All my work / career has been about is feeding the car habit.

Same. Some of us never grow up, we just get better jobs and paid more.

I do now have to get spousal approval for all mid life crisis things happening, but I think it's a fair trade.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

El Scotch posted:

Is car marriage legal in your state? You two look made for each other.

Really? That car is over 30 years old...

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Seat Safety Switch posted:

It's not a Cougar, it'll be fine.

I just meant with that 'stache, Streetlamp is hitting for a whole nother demographic...

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
xpost from the what did you do to your ride thread!

Bought it! 2018 Poop Troupe.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

At night, everyone is going to assume you are a cop and start driving under the speed limit around you.

It is infuriating.

I had to drive it 100 miles home on the interstate, 7 people got over from the left lane almost immediately. I ave NEVER had that happen before. It was amazing.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Just hit 2k on the Poop Troupe!

Here it is after a 750 mile roadtrip back safely in the garage. 85mph Roadtrip netted 21.7 MPG which is much better than my picking up daughter from daycare 11.8 MPG average. We're at 16.2 MPG for the first 2k miles of the Charger. Time to change the oil and send it to Blackstone.

It's a hell of a car.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

SquirrelGrip posted:

MR2’s look small but fit big people

My dad and I are both 6' 2" and 200+lbs (Him muscular, me fat) and we drove from Wisconsin to the Florida keys and back in an AW11 MR2. It wasn't even all that tough.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Hey midlife Crisis friend!!!!

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

davebo posted:

My regret was that I bought my midlife crisis car at age 25 so now I assume I'm going to die by age 50.

I bought my first mid-life crisis car at 25 when I was still poor and then upgraded to a new midlife crisis car with the Charger. If you're constantly having midlife crises, YOU NEVER DIE.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

DropShadow posted:

Counterpoint: I’ve had Blizzaks, Sottozeroes, Wintersport 3D’s and I now swear by Nokian Hakka R2’s. Night and day difference when it comes to the kind of winters we get in Minnesota. The R2’s are unstoppable.

I've used General Alitmax Arctics and they have been amazing for MN winters. Much better than the Blizzaks I used to run.

I've got Yokohama BluEarths on the Scat Pack and they are WAY less chunky than I am used to. We've only gotten a dusting so far, but they were planted. Also, I shouldn't throw tread if it gets warm. I worry about that with such a heavy car.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Apt video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atayHQYqA3g

From the comments by the presenter:

quote:

Edit: As requested in comments I will be doing all season vs winter tyres AND 4wd vs 2wd on the same tyres so make sure you subscribe :)
Hi Guys, I hope you all enjoyed the video. For those of you saying it should have been all season tyres vs winter tyres, there's a few points around that. Firstly, in Europe where winter tyres aren't a legal requirement, everyone runs "summer" tyres year round. Secondly, the new breed of European all season tyres are pretty much winter tyres (apart from the CrossClimate), so the differences would have been massive compared to the summer tyre, the 4x4 on a european all season tyre would have probably out performed the fwd on winter tyres.

American all season tyres are different, they're not actually that much better than summer tyres on snow, so the overall results would have been fairly similar.

Either way, I take everyones comments on board and will make a video next year showing the differences between all the different tyre types :)

Anyone from Europe able to confirm all seasons are different? I will say American all season are poo poo, and do seem very summer orientated.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Charles posted:

No
What an odd statement to make, both you & the youtube channel.

My statement is that All Seasons are poo poo. I don't think that's an odd statement. All Seasons are poo poo. They are bad summer tires and worse winter tires.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

clutchpuck posted:

I took it for its first cruise right after taking the video. One of those "worth it" drives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T8YIZwgGZ8

Definitely sounds like valve tick you got there sonny boy.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

clutchpuck posted:

Minor leak at the header gasket. I'm gonna squeeze it down more before I drive it again I think

That's good. I hear valve springs are hard to get right on those.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Giant_Pupils posted:

Canon 11-24mm.

Syf0n?

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
I traded my 2008 in to a dealer for $5k last year and I regret it 100%. It didn't even have 70k on it, and beyond a few dings and dents was in perfect shape.

I was tired of its maintenance, which I had already solved most of, and the siren song of 500 horsepower made me stupid.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
gently caress, now I'm sad. I'm going to go do a burnout.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Wow, we go from talking about Speed3s and making me miss mine, to gorgeous AW11 photos, which thankfully I technically still own my AW11, but it's been in storage for a decade +.

More Burnouts to make me feel better.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
I miss it in the sense of I would love it as a second car that I would not care if I blew up due to upping boost. I do not miss it at all as my only car.

It always felt like it was right on the edge of another big thing breaking.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

IOwnCalculus posted:

:same: especially at 125k miles. I feel bad for whoever paid 10k+ for mine at a dealer because they probably got to throw a bunch of bushings and an A/C system at it right away.

Yupppppppp.

The real issue is ONLY having a big loving car, my desire for a MX-5/FT-86/GTI/Civic has now gone through the roof.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
First of all, that car is GORGEOUS. I had a '79 Continental and an '84 Towncar so man did I love boats. But most importantly, the 460 in there made less than .5hp per cubic inch. Those engines were treasures...

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

MetaJew posted:

I mean, RPF1s are pretty affordable wheels, but for snow tires I thought people typically ran steelies or something you might not care about hitting a curb or rock or something else hiding under the snow.

They don't make 20" steelies :( I wish they did, I hate my winter wheels.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Car just came back from paint correction and Ceramic coating. It looks p. good.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

doogle posted:

If you don't mind can you tell us how much you paid and what level of ceramic coating (ie lifetime, 5 year, etc.)? I am very interested in getting this done to my SS which is a similar sized car and I'm getting widely varying quotes (from $1500-6k for paint correction and lifetime ceramic coating).

It was $1199 + taxes and I tipped the guy who did the correction. Normal price is $1499, owner was doing a memorial day sale. The shop uses Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra so it's a 9 year coating. They want me to bring it in for a hand wash and to check the coating every 6 months. I was doing a lot of hemming and hawing and jumped when he offered a 20% off sale.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I have been very curious about this since it is still a little bit of voodoo and I have seen too many amateurs posting about their services on Facebook to keep me from taking the bait. I would be interested to hear more about how well it holds up with whatever your normal wash routine ends up looking like. I know meatpimp has done some good stuff DIY with his older SUV and I have considered the same for my Lexus but I think I would need to have a professional (read: expensive) apply a good coating to the M3. I am not ready to drop that many dollars for that car yet. Handwash and wax will suffice for now.

In my totally scientific testing(driving in the rain), there was a noticeable difference between the hydrophobicity of normal wax and this ceramic coating. I drove in heavy rain, and parked it without doing anything about the water on it. It has water spots on the read bumper and that's it. I'll powerwash it today and foam lance it and let you know. I'm really interested in seeing it in 2 years more than anything.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Welcome Burnout Brother.

I waited until I was fully out of the dealership parking lot before laying stripes.

https://imgur.com/a/PDdICfS(Turn on sound)

Can you imbed mp4s?

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Thanks Boss.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

tyrelhill posted:

i wanna see you race that rs3 haha

It's an RS7 and a Golf R. The R and the Scat are pretty even from a roll. The RS7 outruns my motorcycle, no car I have seen keeps up with it. 700+ WHP tune on it.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Rhyno posted:

The Mopar idiots here are part of the "392 Gang" and cause problems at any enthusiast meet.

Wow that sounds really dumb can't imagine why peop...

392 GANG YEA YEA YEA

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
I did something stupid.

2017. 11,950 Miles on it. Very Well optioned. I traded in my 2018 Scat Pack Charger - got 8k less than I paid for it brand new in 2018.

The 2 car seats uh. Fit.
Kinda.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

TheMadMilkman posted:

At least it will be easy to buckle the kids in.

Sab669 posted:

:hmmyes: Way more user friendly than the more popular kid-hauling formats if you think about it

I have lifted them in and out 4 times already. It's SO much easier than my charger was. And honestly, I did it once with the roof up and just folded the seat forward, and it was not bad at all either.
This loving rocks.

ThirstyBuck posted:

Rad Dad. Or Mom. A+.

Both. Well - I'm not both, but mom fully supported the decision from the discussion start 12 months ago

My 3(2 at the time) year old son asked me "Peppa's Daddy has a convertible car. Can we have a convertible car?"
loving absolutely bud. I named my Profile in the car "Daddy Pig"

TheFonz fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Apr 27, 2023

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
loving LOL Nevermind.

I was in the middle of an intersection at night turning left, as the light turned red. Didn't see a young guy in a van trying to beat the light. He told me he sped up to make it, but I honestly didn't see him until I was a foot into his lane, so I failed to make sure it was clear.
Back to searching. Just gotta wait for the check. Thankfully I don't owe anything on it so that should be simple. And very appreciative the kids were asleep at home and not out cruising with me.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
I think the issue is I went from 485hp to 425hp. I needed to go up so I could dodge vans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Post your own RIDE - loving LOL Nevermind.

Thread title please. Bathe in my misery. Only took 6 months to find that guy. No Wooooooooooooooorries(lots of worries).