Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Blowjob Overtime posted:

drat, thanks for the rundown. I forget there are "regular" cars that focus so much on the rear passenger.

anybody but the driver is lucky they even get a seatbelt

rear passengers are lucky they get a seat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Blowjob Overtime posted:

I always think of the rear as where kids go, so the idea of putting that much control back there seems real bad.

e: snype edit to add context

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HqljsJBkq4&t=134s

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
make it look like something out of Tokyo Drift, start a project thread for maximum crying.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

quote:

Weirdly harsh ride sometimes, an inescapable jolt when coming to a complete stop as the brakes do this weird thing where they CLAMP right before you'd naturally stop so you always get a little jerk, no matter what you did.

Brake by wire? My Alfa has it and this describes it perfectly.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Admiral Bosch posted:

behold, my wife's new car

My first car was my dad’s 10 year old ‘83 Ford Bronco that he gave me when I got my license. You could fit like a dozen teenagers in there, it ruled

I heartily approve this

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

GramCracker posted:

As the thread title suggests, I did something stupid.

What the everliving gently caress

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Enos Cabell posted:

Learning to wrench on a malaise era boat is like EZ mode. Engine bay is cavernous, and everything is super easy to get to. RIP 78 Cougar and 81 Bonneville.

my first car was an '83 Ford Bronco, pretty sure you could fit a couple of kids in the empty space under the hood

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Infinotize posted:

Lastly part of the reason I got the CX5 is because it was supposed to be fun, and well, it's not. I think I bought into reviews of it too much but after owning it a couple of years I'm just not going to find a CUV entertaining. So I'm gonna get a proper fun car later. But anyways.

my friend have you considered a car of the Italian passione persuasion? Perhaps a Lamborghini Urus or Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio would change your mind

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Voltage posted:

However I did drive it back to back both times with 911's - when I test drove the S i also drove a 997 S, and when I drove the GTS i drove a 992 GTS, so definitely clouded my judgement.

My last car was a '03 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The dealer had 2 on the lot, the V-6 and the V-8, I made the mistake of driving the V-8 first and that was that.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
Not dissing your ride, it's pretty sweet and I bet it's a goddamned hoot to drive, but I had an ex who drove a Mini and we used to joke the JCW version was a "buy two get one" special.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

kill me now posted:

I'm not sure I follow

For the price of two ( base models)you get one (JCW)

Just-In-Timeberlake fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Mar 27, 2023

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
hell yes

I put the summer tires on this past Saturday and cleaned off all the winter grime, need to find a good wall to get a pic in front of.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

RIP Paul Walker posted:

Took delivery of something I ordered a couple months ago:

It's a 2023 Q5 45 Prestige in District Green with an Okapi Brown interior. The color changes a ton depending on the lighting conditions, it really stands out against all the monochrome blobs floating around.

I just saw this same car (same color/wheel combo too) parked outside my place yesterday and it immediately caught my eye, really sharp looking.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

RIP Paul Walker posted:

Where were you?! It would be super funny if it was me - and wouldn’t shock me too much since it seems to be a pretty rare combo.

Not aware of a Beaverton Motors near Middleton, WI

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

TheFonz posted:

I did something stupid.

2017. 11,950 Miles on it. Very Well optioned. I traded in my 2018 Scat Pack Charger - got 8k less than I paid for it brand new in 2018.

The 2 car seats uh. Fit.
Kinda.

siiiiick

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

TheFonz posted:

I did something stupid.

2017. 11,950 Miles on it. Very Well optioned. I traded in my 2018 Scat Pack Charger - got 8k less than I paid for it brand new in 2018.

The 2 car seats uh. Fit.
Kinda.

TheFonz posted:

loving LOL Nevermind.

I was in the middle of an intersection at night turning left, as the light turned red. Didn't see a young guy in a van trying to beat the light. He told me he sped up to make it, but I honestly didn't see him until I was a foot into his lane, so I failed to make sure it was clear.
Back to searching. Just gotta wait for the check. Thankfully I don't owe anything on it so that should be simple. And very appreciative the kids were asleep at home and not out cruising with me.

2 days, that has to be a record

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

RIP Paul Walker posted:

Right after we moved to England, my mom crashed her new car pulling out of the dealership. Right turns aren’t nearly as safe there. 9 year old me was in the passenger seat and still remembers the crunch.

Poor teal-green K plate Vauxhall Astra CD… I also remember when our visa was up and my parents were trying to sell it, nobody wanted to buy a car like that with a massive 2.0l engine.

actually now I remember when my dad pulled over to see if the guy in a car pulling out of the dealership that got wrecked by the guy driving in front of him was ok.

it was a Ferrari dealership.

the guy had just taken delivery.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
In the spirit of people who run red lights ideally getting caught:

I was just out running an errand and driving through a school zone with some jackass riding my bumper because I'm doing 15-20 in a school zone. Get to a four way stop at the corner of the school, I'm going straight so I have to wait on a car that got there before me, to my left I see a cop sitting in wait. Jackass behind me is making a right so he zooms around me and doesn't even slow down enough to register there's a cop sitting there. Off goes the cop, off I go to the grocery store.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Darchangel posted:

School zone is like the one speed limit I actually pay attention to.
Dude actual went around you on the left to make the right?

Ah no, I was going straight, bike lane to the right so they should have just waited their turn but they used that to get past me and go right

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

polygon_monkey posted:

I posted this in the Porsche thread a few weeks back but forgot to post it here. My first Porsche, a 2013 Boxster S in Agate Grey with red extended leather interior and all the spicy options (chrono, pse, pasm, ptv etc):

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

phwoar

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

nadmonk posted:

A little hard to see with the wire in the way, but the post the PO used to connect the negative cables for the truck and plow was way too long, so they needed to shim it.
They shimmed it by wrapping it with solder. Obviously, this was a little loose and had some issues completing the circuit.

This will most likely live at our cabin for hauling and plow duties.

hope all your shots are up to date

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Scionix posted:

lmao at the Z discussion

nobody is going to see that car and assume he's a russian nationalist you lunatic

I would just assume they pissed somebody off and their car got vandalized

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

MrYenko posted:

Friend, you did not settle.

"goddamnit, guess I'll have to go with the Elise then" :pout:

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

pictures do the big grill a huge disservice, irl it actually looks pretty good imo

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

knox_harrington posted:

gently caress I've just noticed the garage put the front wheels on backwards again.

sweet car, but also lmao

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

davecrazy posted:

So I went from February knowing next to nothing about Alfa to buying one in September.

My main priorities are getting decent all-season tires on the rims it so I don't kill myself when it gets cold and a decent set of snow tires for the winter.

It drives as advertised. Extremely docile an d easy to maneuver in traffic and then you get into the open highway and punch it and it roars to life and it goes exactly where you point it. It's like nothing else I've ever driven, the closest thing I've owned before is my '92 Nissan Sentra SE-R, but even that is a light year away from this.

oh you son of a bitch

and gently caress all seasons, get some good summer rubber and good winter rubber, don’t hobble that sexy machine with all seasons.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

TenaciousTomato posted:

Owns. CF spoiler and gunmetal wheels are stock?

On the QV they are I believe

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
Also unless you have an actual question or are buying/selling something don’t go on the Giulia forums. They’re mostly either racist boomers or act like they’re driving a $200k supercar

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

davecrazy posted:

That’s loving awful.

NJ is front plate state and I have not had the factory plate bracket attached to a single car I’ve bought here.

I use Sto-n-show on everything. Worked great on every Jeep (Grand Cherokee/Grand Wagoneer/Gladiator) and my Durango.

They install in seconds and you can pop the bracket off and on super easy.

The only thing I don’t have a front plate on is the Alfa. The front splitter extends at speed in dynamic mode and solutions that mount under the splitter just don’t exists for that reason.

I bought a towhook mounting bracket but have not bothered to instal it.

If you put a front plate on that Alfa I will shank you.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

davecrazy posted:

Put Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 on it today. It's only been a few days under 40 degrees and it has not snowed a lick, so I was not in any rush.

The OEM Pirelli P Zero Corsa have maybe 1/4-1/2 their life left at 7000 miles, 6/32 front and back.

As long as I keep it in "A"daptive mode and don't drive like an idiot the Corsa have been perfectly fine even in the rain. Once I got used to the car I never felt nervous. Once the Corsa's run their life I'll probably want to move to something that his a bit more tread life.

nice.

I'm getting the itch to upgrade from my 2.0l Ti to a QV, having a dilly of a time deciding between Montreal Verde and Ocra Yellow. Either one would be incredibly unique around here, but leaning toward that Ocra atm.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Voltage posted:

My buddy just got a stelvio QV and hes over the moon, he drove just about every single CUV on the market and said nothing else feels likes it's even in the same category, they are crazy cheap used if you can swing the maintenance.

It even has a dipstick!

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Darchangel posted:

I hate that this is even cause for celebration.

Don't get me started.

Oh, you think your car is low on oil? Let it run (on a level surface!) for 10 minutes to find out one way or another!

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
Well I did a thing, at that thing got delivered an hour ago:

2023 Guilia Quadrifoglio in Verde Montreal, with 3500 miles on it

It's filthy from transport and needs a wash, and I still have to get it registered and pay taxes, etc so I've only driven it into my garage and that's it. But my god, that startup exhaust note, I've started it like a dozen times to hear it and I giggle every time because it sounds like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcbEEtMs66M

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Powershift posted:

Correct car, correct color.

I can't imagine the torture of having the keys and waiting on insurance.

Got it registered yesterday!

Washed it today and took it for a spin. I’m not gonna lie, this much power is kind of terrifying, like a 4 door sedan should not be able to do what this does kind of terrifying.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

davecrazy posted:

You get used to it. Does it have the Corsas on it?

They’re not as bad in the rain as people say but keep it in A mode when it’s wet out.

Even in D the car will save you from yourself unless your an absolute lunatic.

In Race mode know what your doing. I broke the rear lose in Race mode once was it was not fun. I was not in traffic and recovered, but ESC is your friend.

More then once I’ve casually gunned it to pass somebody on the highway and found myself going 100+.

It will be incredibly planted at speed, you won’t realize how fast your going. There is a setable speed alert in the gauge cluster menu. I have mine set to beep at me when I hit 110.

Yeah, the car it’s replacing is a Giulia Q4 so I’m very familiar with the car in general. But even with the tune I had on the Q4, it’s still near 200hp more, which is not an insignificant jump.

I haven’t pushed the Corsas it came with because it’s in the 30’s here, but they’re probably comparable to the Michelin PS4s I have on the Q4. Have to get the winters off the Q4 and see if they’ll fit, probably need some spacers to clear the brakes.

I mean, when those turbos kick in it’s like seeing the face of god.

I have not hosed around in R yet, and will probably reserve that for when I can take some track lessons at Road America when the weather warms up.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Woolwich Bagnet posted:

Great color and great car.

I really dislike the Pirellis on my car. I think this year I'll be replacing them with something else. They have poor traction below 50 F and even above that they aren't exactly confidence inspiring. Below 45 any amount of throttle makes the car squirm.

For summer tires, I can strongly recommend Michelin PS4s from experience, even in the rain they are very good. I can't speak too much about how they are at low temps because as soon as the avg temp hits 45 I've got them swapped out, but they perform well at least up to there.

I absolutely love my Pirelli Sottozero winters though.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

davecrazy posted:

Car needs a bath but I got the carbon fiber V grille installed.

Also put in the CF illuminated door sills, CF rearview mirror caps, and the logo puddle lights.

All of which should of been factory, but so be it.

Yeah, the puddle lights at the very least should be standard. At least the install isn't too hard as long as they left a little slack in the wiring. My 2.0 only had 3 installed since the person laying out the wiring didn't leave one micrometer of extra wire in one of the rear passenger doors and I didn't feel like taking the entire door panel off.

Anyway, found a battery cover for my key fob in Verde Montreal to match my car

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

davecrazy posted:

:aaaaa:

Have a link to where you found that?!

sure thing

https://www.glynhopkinpartsonline.co.uk/products/alfa-romeo-giulia-stelvio-tonale-key-cover-montreal-green

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

TheFonz posted:

Ok Ok - Hear me out - Let's try this again.

2018. Similar Spec. Black instead of Red interior. Slightly Different Wheels. 5,995 Miles on it. We'll see in 24 hours if it was chance, or if the gods really never want me to have an M4.

Get it bubble wrapped