Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

www.ipadbackdrops.com daily wallpaper updates deserving of your iPad
edit

UncleGuito fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Aug 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

JOB OPENINGS

We have IT/finance-related positions open for the following in NYC, big 4 accounting firm (experienced hires):

-Experienced individuals with experience managing or designing/implementing front office trading and order entry systems for OTC derivatives
-Experienced individuals with strong knowledge of collateral management systems and middle offices processes (e.g. position keeping, risk, collateral) margin and related work flow
-Implementation or maintenance experience with collateral systems (e.g. Lombard, Sentry) as well as position/risk as well as settlement and clearing platforms (e.g. Rolfe & Nolan / GMI)
-Experienced individuals in implementation of new/custom applications to support STP trade lifecycle across execution, collateral/margin, reconciliation, settlement/clearing and reporting (SDR)
-Individuals experienced in developing architectures to create front to back office processing environments and supporting varied levels of manual and automated processes; leading to Straight Through Processing (STP) environments
-Individuals with reference data and data architecture backgrounds that have led business intelligence strategy and large scale data governance programs for capital markets clients. Familiar with customer and product masters preferably in context of new unique identifiers for legal entities and products (LEI & UPI).

CONTACT me ASAP at uncleguito at gmail dot com if you match any of those skill-sets.

UncleGuito fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Nov 2, 2011

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

Mouse Cadet posted:

How respected is Tableau compared to say Cognos or SSRS?

Tableau is widely used in the financial services industry.

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

NYC job openings!

The startup I work at (SaaS software development) is hiring 10+ developers over the next couple months. Mainly looking for one systems administrator, one data scientist (hadoop preferred), one QA engineer, and 8+ developers experienced in ruby, node, java, etc. 3+ years experience preferred.

https://www.jibe.com

Great benefits, salary & culture. Clients include the top 1/3 of the Fortune 50 and growing very quickly. If you think you'd be a good fit, please email me your resume to uncleguito @ gmail . com- I can take a look and send it to the proper person if you're a good fit.

UncleGuito fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Aug 9, 2014

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

The March Hare posted:

Any chance you guys would be willing to take on a junior? I've got a decent bit of experience with Python/Django and am currently doing a lil' tiny baby project using node and react @ work. I've never had the title developer, but I've been working with a few of the developers at my current gig and wouldn't mind transitioning into the field.

If you think its worth a shot, I'll ship my resume/github over.

Go for it! We never use labels for job requirements and always have leeway when it comes to filing positions. We have several interns & associate developers who found themselves at home pretty quickly.

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

Womens Jeans posted:

I know a statistician who recently got her MA from Harvard (in stats). She worked a bunch on predictive modelling with large datasets. Do you think she'd be in the realms of what you are after for the data scientist position?

Do you have a contact email? I'll check and send her a note if it's a possibility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

JOB OPENINGS in NYC & DC

Looking for experience software engineers / web developers interested in working at a tech startup!

I posted about our openings a couple months back and a fellow goon got hired! We're now mainly looking for experience software engineers / web developers that have a few years working with ruby, node, javascript, etc. We are looking to fill these positions ASAP as we're growing like crazy.

http://www.jibe.com/company/careers/

Great benefits, salary & culture. Clients include the top 1/3 of the Fortune 50 and growing very quickly. If you think you'd be a good fit, send me an email to uncleguito @ gmail with a link to your resume- I can take a look and send it to the proper person if you're a good fit.