Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Just like beanie babies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Djarum posted:

I am really glad both Sigourney Weaver and Bill Murray finally started approving figure likenesses. Who are some of the last big hold outs I wonder?

Nicholson is the big one still

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Two questions:

I’ve seen a few people with the IKEA display cases using some sort of clear plastic risers or platforms to give their figures 2-3 levels to stand on. What are those?

Second question: What is the best bang for the buck figure stand for Marvel Legends stuff?

I have bought a few boxes of the Tamashii "stage" line of stands. They are usually like fifteen bucks for a box that's got a few stands and a bunch of arms. If you get the ones designed for robot figures they often have a sturdier arm that you can hear clicking as you adjust it. But most ML figures don't have a hole in the back for the little pegs, so you're stuck using the little Dr Octopus claw hands around their waist (or thighs, depending-you can make decent flying/hovering poses like this) unless you want to drill a new hole. I found a dremel bit that was almost that exact size and have drilled a few of my dudes. It works pretty well.

You might try NECAs figure stands, they look pretty solid considering how much heavier a NECA figure is compared to the imports that the Tamashii stages are designed for. I do think you get less in a pack thought and I don't know about the price.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Lol yeah American comics never put ladies in skimpy clothes for no good reason, yup, it's all the fault of the nefarious orientals

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Is anybody selling cases of the apocalypse wave yet?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Most legends will eventually be on amazon for either retail or like 10 bucks (at one point Captain Britain was an addon item for like 7.50)

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Really, either! As a child of the 90's I'd prefer Jim Lee designs, but would also love just about any costume back to issue 39. Would prefer to avoid the original costumes just for the sake of diversity / visual interest.

Post Lee, the Astonishing costumes are pretty good. Hate the Morrison Jackets. Pretty ambivalent to the last decade or so of costumes... I guess I'm getting old..."Things were never as good as yesteryear." *shakes fist* Haha!

When you're talking about X-Men this is 100 percent factual though.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

davebo posted:

Congrats on the cute friend I guess. Let us know how Death looks.

drat

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's not about loving. There's no sex in Darling in the Franxx.

Don't worry guys this show about half naked kids mounting each other doesn't feature any literal penetration so everything's above board here

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Guy Goodbody posted:

The show takes place in a nightmare dystopia where adults spend their time locked in pods electrically stimulating the pleasure center of their brain. Children are raised from day one with the explicit message that their only value is their ability to pilot Franxx and fight monsters. They're constantly tested, drugged, and experimented on, they don't know what "kiss" means, where babies come from, what love is, and they seem pretty unclear on how a child turns into an adult. By the time they are old enough to pilot a Franxx, most of the kids have been found inadequate and Went Away. The cockpit of a Franxx is theoretically the only place in society where two people could experience emotional intimacy, what with the mind-meld thing that happens between the two pilots. But it's so sterile and sexless and tied to their only reason for survival and inevitable violent death, and comes after years of torture and brainwashing that most pilots see it as nothing more than their duty,

Except for the two main characters, who, despite having gone through even worse than their peers, love each other and are unsatisfied living within the borders of their world. They have the ability to turn piloting a Franxx into a liberatory act of love.

It's a good show

Hey it's fine that you've bought into this elaborate, convoluted scenario that was invented solely as an excuse to put mostly naked kids in sexually suggestive positions, but don't expect anybody else to.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Big Mean Jerk posted:

You’re about to get married, right? Make the cape ragged, stick it on a pole in your front yard, and have your fiancée pose with you to recreate that Death of Superman cover for your “Save the Date” announcements.

Holy poo poo lol

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I guess Frank didn't take BMB moving to DC very well huh?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Gotta have my Pops

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Aphrodite posted:

I'm going to Toronto in August/September, but I suppose they won't be as easy as having a booth where you can buy them. I'm not a Dragon Ball person (their faces are all the same!) so I don't think I could do a queue for that.

There is no "Plano Event Center" in Toronto, but I assume they're at the Fanexpo event itself.

Hey come on, their faces aren't all the same. One guy's green and another one doesn't have a nose.

Also somebody had a scar.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

s.i.r.e. posted:

Whoever thought that up is bad and should feel bad.

How's things going in opposite land

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I'm just gonna get a case and paint the duplicate cats so I can have one that looks like my kitty :3:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Xenomrph posted:

I can’t remember, is anyone who posts in this thread handy at ML-scale custom figures, or know someone who is?

TouchToneDialing is the guy you're looking for

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Fuzz posted:

Or some form of Wolverine.

Including the one that's not out yet there has only been three Wolverine figures in like, ten years

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I did forget about old man Logan. Still, putting him in the same ballpark as Iron Man seems pretty wack since Tony gets like three new armors every movie he's in and nobody was making xmen figures at all for a while there.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Yeah, sorry, I meant the gun, no line or anything ;)

I didn't see a batarang in the accessories though. I do own the standard BTAS Batman release. But I was an idiot and was baffled that it didn't bend at the waist, since I own the batmobile, and he wouldn't sit in it. He eventually did bend... via snapping in half.

Hence the desire to replace him for poses outside the car :3:

This Of Mice and Men reboot loving sucks so far

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Man for years I thought the NES port was the good game, and then I got to play the arcade game it was supposedly a port of

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

davebo posted:

Just because shipping kind of eats into the value of a $20 figure I figured I'd look and see if I could find all three from the same seller first, as I'm in no particular rush. I'm least excited for Wolverine since I already have the orange/brown costume. What'd I'd prefer is to recreate the costumes from the Pryde of the X-Men / X-Men Arcade era, but it seems like the Legends series is pushing me to recreate the 1991 non-Uncanny team instead. Except no Gambit, Beast or Jubilee right? Bah, why am I even buying these toys.

There's the Cyclops from the Dark Phoenix box set and the brown suit Wolverine from the Jugg wave, I have the Select Colossus which is a pretty good classic Colossus, even if I might prefer better articulation. Arguably the new Mohawk Storm but that's more Outback than the Arcade team.

The 1991 team is just incredibly popular, especially considering it's basically the cartoon team.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I would usually try not to open a torso but when I did I'd just say gently caress it, drill a hole at the seam and plan on filling in the hole with putty later. Jam a screwdriver or something in the hole and pry it apart. Torsos aren't usually the same soft plastic as arms and legs are and boil and pop doesn't have the same effect.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Whether you appreciate the anime aesthetic or not you've got to admit Nendoroids do a fantastic job of rendering it in 3 dimensions

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Nanigans posted:

And packing awesome accessories and different facial expressions, etc. It takes the same concept of Pops (big head/small body) but it actually gives the characters expressions (multiple ones, often).

I still only have the WW Link, Kirby, and soon the Pop Team Epic ones, but the arbitrary pseudo-racism of hating on Japanese poo poo solely for being associated with perverts in this thread has to stop. Batman and Darth Vader toys can hang out with Goku and Pikachu toys without making you into some kind of sex criminal.

We're all adults posting about plastic effigies of fictional people on a dying forum. Not really the place to start casting stones (unless they're aimed at Pops because they look like poo poo)

Something Awful is still extremely stuck in the early 2000s internet. People here still hate furries and anime and get surprisingly upset when they get told not to call people homophobic names.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Mainstream America doesn't know what furries are. If they do they're like "huh. Gross" meanwhile if furries are brought up on sa you will have ten goons Kramer into the thread to tell you how much they hate furries and usually how much they want to kill them

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

s.i.r.e. posted:

NECA's shipping is such bullshit.

Where can I find one of these things in stores with TRU gone? Walmart?

The only physical place other than tru I've ever seen NECA is the fye in the mall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I think 2x is pretty conservative, tbh. Once NECA says these are gone for good those movie turtles are going to be crazy expensive