Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Bushifox posted:

Target has that Ms Marvel/cap/radioactive man on clearance for $35

http://www.target.com/p/marvel-capt...gure+collection

Who was clamoring for a Radioactive Man figure, anyway? I sort of want it for Ms Marvel, but she doesn't look so great either. Ehh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

I scrolled down far enough to see that captain marvel and scarlet witch and got so hyped before realizing they're still on preorder. :saddowns: That Black Widow looks ok on my phone but I want to get a look at her in store someplace before I jump. I might have to nab Hawkeye too. Hmm.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

My local Target and TRU ain't got poo poo, either. Not them dancin' Groots or really much of anything else at all. loving everything is sold out and it makes me think the shipping issues on the west coast have somehow hosed over the midwest worse than the east coast, maybe, which is cool. TRU is at least trying to fill their shelf space, while Target is just row after row of empty hooks.

I just want new figures to stand around and think about buying ... :negative:

It has sent me on a spiral of looking at vintage stores and whatever huntin' down weird old action figures. I just got Corsair the other day, and he's pretty awesome as far as cheapo plastic Toy Biz figures go. He even comes with one of the best toy reviews I've ever read:

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

:swoon: How's the Scarlet Witch figure look in person? That's the one I'm most interested in, honestly. Haven't seen hide nor hair of any shipments here as of this weekend, but maybe soon ...!

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

I'm starting to go nuts with the lack of stock at my local Target and TRU, holy poo poo. :psyduck: I really should've preordered Scarlet Witch and Capt Marvel online or something. At this rate I feel like they'll never turn up locally.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Louisgod posted:

I can check my Target later to see if they have the ladies and send them your way if you want to just pay me back.

I know more recent posts indicate they were all gone, but if you do run across them send me a PM because I'd be 100% down for this. Better than paying $45 on Amazon or whatever. :suicide: I'm debating if I want to go out and try again today or not. There is a comic shop that sometimes gets action figures in that's had a Hope Summers figure lying around for months now, and I am tempted to at least snag that. (I could just get her online, but ... ehh. Why wait?)

I feel for the striking dockworkers and I reckon their pay negotiations are more important than me getting or not getting some painted plastic, but this is still frustrating as hell.

Mr. Yuk posted:

Dangit dangit dangit. I managed to find Hawkeye, Machine Man & Iron Fist tonight though, which isn't a bad start.

Nice! I'm hoping to find Hawkeye at some point too.

A Tin Of Beans fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Feb 7, 2015

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

I know this objectively. I think it's just because I was so excited when they were announced in the first place. Even though I know I'll get them sooner or later it feels like I shoulda had them by now. Which is stupid, because it doesn't matter. :negative: And yet ...

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

My local Target finally got a shipment! :woop: They were out of everybody but Hawkeye, but I wanted him anyway. Midwesterners and anyone in northern Illinois, stuff has finally begun to arrive here. I was at Target to get groceries anyway so that was a nice surprise despite how much was already sold out. (Or just not out yet? Who knows.)

of course this happens the same day I gripe about it.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

The Rage posted:

I bring you Marvel Legends news:

Avengers Legends Infinite Series 3

(...)

Spidey Legends Infinite Wave 2

Misty knight
White tiger

:swoon: I am so hype for these based on announcement alone, holy poo poo.

I still haven't found Capt. Marvel or Scarlet Witch in stores yet, and I missed out on that $22 Amazon price. Yuch. I gotta swing by TRU tomorrow morning when I'm out running errands, I think, see if the wave'll be there for once.

Also, Pop figures are so hit or miss. From their CATWS Pop figures, I remember haaaating how the Black Widow one looked. Something about her face is just really creepy. They are good for making a zillion obscure characters from all kinds of franchises, though. Their Magneto is really great, too. All the new poo poo seems kinda overkill though. The salt & pepper shakers are so ugly. :psyduck:

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Pictures of the upcoming Misty Knight and White Tiger figures. I haven't bothered looking for pictures of the rest of the line (got linked to these two earlier) but these look pretty solid, as per. I'm loving Misty's hair.

God, I hope the shipping/labor issues on the west coast get resolved soon.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Xenomrph posted:

I more of meant as a Marvel fan. Like I seriously have no idea who those characters are, and their names aren't ringing any bells.

I guess part of me is confused why we haven't gotten, like, a Marvel Legends 90s X-men Rogue figure, but we've gotten these two. Are they new characters who are super-popular right now or something?

Sanschel pretty much covered it, but yeah. I just have a really huge soft spot for Misty Knight. White Tiger's been in Mighty Avengers for a bit now, which is admittedly kind of a second string title as far as Avengers books go. For me it's pretty neat to see more minor characters getting action figure treatment; I never ever would have guessed Misty'd get one.

MooselanderII posted:

It is possible Magik will be an exception, but either she will be part of the SDCC exclusive or released next year.

... Wait, there's supposed to be a Magik figure coming out? Holy poo poo, I hope she's not an exclusive because that's my jam.

I do wish they'd put out more X-Men stuff, though. I get what they're up to, but ... :smith: X-books do still seem to sell, and the X-Men movies are popular, if not owned by Marvel Studios. Wouldn't Marvel be the ones getting the money from those toy sales, not Fox? Or is their deal with Fox different from Sony?

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

I'm crossing my fingers for Misty Knight showing up in the Netflix Defenders series. But maybe not before the figure comes out, so I'll be able to get her no trouble. :unsmith:

I know someone posted a list of the next few waves, but here's a bunch of photos of those figures: http://news.toyark.com/2015/02/14/marvel-legends-official-photos-toy-fair-2015-151819

Speaking of characters I've never heard of:

... I've apparently read stuff Tiger Shark is in, but I couldn't have told you that before I looked him up on Wikipedia. :psyduck:

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Timby posted:

Marvel refuses to license X-Men merchandising to Fox -- which is why you didn't see any Days of Future Past toys or merchandise last year despite the movie making like a zillion dollars. If it were movie merchandise, Fox would get the money from it.

Aaaah, okay. I was wondering if it was like the Sony deal where Marvel gets pretty much all the toy money. Sounds like it ain't. Thanks!

I wish they could just sell comics versions of the characters who're showing up in the movies and claim it was a coincidence or something; still make the money off the figures and not hand the money away,, which they obviously want to avoid.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Mm. I'm gonna save my moneys for the SH Figuarts versions of the AoU figures. I can do without these.

I just wish literally any female characters were getting Figuarts treatment. :negative: I'd do horrible things for a Black Widow from those folks.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Joe Fisto posted:

I picked it up from an artist at a con a couple years ago. Signature says "DANE"

Looks to be this piece, maybe spruced up a little?:
http://daneault.deviantart.com/art/Captain-America-Redux-190148967

Pretty rad. The whole collection looks great. Fancy set-up.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

I want that Hawkeye so bad. :swoon: I love Pizza Dog so much. what a delightful addition. accessory of the year right there.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

PSA: that Marvel Select Hawkguy figure is definitely available out in the wild now. i love the utter lack of fanfare it came out with. :allears: Looks really good in person. The scale is going to look hilarious with my Legends figures, but whatever. There is supposed to be a new Select Black Widow at some point, right? I just want her and Hawkguy to hang out on my shelf and I wasn't a big fan of the older one I saw.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I don't suppose you could take a picture of it with some Legends? It's a perfect Aja-style Hawkeye, after how much I complained about the Legends version trying but getting it so wrong, but I hate how it's going to tower over them.

You got it!

But first, a few photos right out of the packaging.

And with another Selects figure, where i'm planning on keeping 'im, because yolo:

And here you go, with a couple Legends for scale as requested:

The scale's definitely kind of goofy. I'd recommend finding a way to display him a little bit removed from any Legends figures, or sit him down or something if possible. If that's not clear enough and you need other pictures for scale, let me know. :shrug:

ultraviolence123 posted:

In May there's a Select movie Black Widow coming out.

Awesome! :woop: I'll own up that part of me was hoping for a Noto/Edmonson run Natasha, but ScarJo works too.

A Tin Of Beans fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Mar 23, 2015

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

The Widow figure has some serious forehead, but looks pretty good otherwise.

Oh, good lord, I just went lookin and ... yeah. :psyduck: I'm already thinking about finding a way to make her a little headband or something, because drat. I'll still be getting her though.

(For anyone else who hadn't seen: http://i.imgur.com/Tu4rUET.jpg )

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Looks like I'll be hitting every Disney Store in Chicago when I go to C2E2 next month.

The one in Block 37 downtown still has two as of last night. I could grab one for you if you want, but they'll probably still have some.

... I'm actually really enjoying imagining a kid buying that figure cuz they like Hawkeye in the movies and cartoons, and coming up with their own little kid backstory for the seemingly random dog. He hasn't had a dog in any other media yet, has he?

Also, don't think I saw it mentioned but there's going to be a Black Widow Pop! figure coming out soon, after she was conspicuously left out of the initial announced lineup. I'm glad she's getting more merch but I always feel more obligated than actually interested in Pop! figures. Yet I buy them anyway. (She's also missing from that goofy Cosbaby line from Hot Toys.)

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

RevKrule posted:

Black Widow will be in the cosbaby series just not the first one. Here's a pic of the upcoming lineup.

Oh, sweet. My bad then! Those things are too cute though. :swoon: Do we know the price point yet?

Edit: OK, I'm on a computer again and they're $15.99 a go. Not too bad!

A Tin Of Beans fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Mar 23, 2015

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Rhyno posted:

That would be awesome dude.

RusteJuxx posted:

If there are two left would you mind getting the second one for me? Please? I can PayPal you the money right away.

Can do! You don't have to pay until I've actually got them in hand, though. I don't want one/both to have sold before I get there or something. I'll PM you both tonight, gonna head down there this evening after work. Figure retails for $24.95 US, + tax.

(Also I have no idea what shipping will be like.)

Joe Fisto posted:

$16 and the first wave is up for preorder at Sideshow

I've never actually bought anything from Hot Toys or through Sideshow. Are preorders usually this ridiculously far in advance? They're not expected to ship until September/November, from what it looks like. :psyduck:

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

I still feel like that lead time is absurd haha. Releasing merch closer to the release of the film seems more logical to me, but hey, if the wicked long preorder strat works for them then who am I to judge?

This is just for the two of yall who wanted him, but there was only one Hawkguy left at the actually convenient Disney store. :ohdear: I can try the other location this weekend or call it bust. Also the packaging is a little busted on this one so if you wanted to keep him in package that's probably not the best. the cardboard side piece came unstuck from the plastic portion of his box. Rhyno, let me know if you'd rather try for pristine packaging or something. (I sent PMs a little bit ago that are now slightly outdated)

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Dr. Platypus posted:

Ohhh, so that's why there were none left when I got there.

I am a war criminal and bought two in two days. :rip: Did you try the one up on ... Michigan I think? Unless this is a joke.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

I had a moment where I was very confused about the Luke skywalker lookalike in Age of Ultron before I realized what was going on.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

MooselanderII posted:

I wonder if it is going to be the SDCC exclusive as they weren't shown at Toy Fair. I hope not! They have to figure out where to put that Illyana and Dormamu prototype and I am hopeful those would end up as part of the exclusive instead.

I kind of hope Illyana doesn't end up as part of an exclusive solely because I really, really want a decent figure of her and I'd rather be able to buy her directly instead of asking a SDCC-going pal or stalking ebay. gently caress exclusives, unless they're at a con I can get to readily. :colbert:

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Red posted:

That Valkyrie is so terrible looking. I was actually excited for her... :smith:

Same here. :smith: At least Strange looks awesome? But I really like collecting the various female characters and it sucks when ones I like get crap figures.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

...Well I need that.

Finally, the Magik figure of my dreams. :swoon: Con exclusive is frustrating but I'm going to buy that fucker one way or another. The book and other figures are neat too.

Is anyone in thread going to SDCC that I could buy the set off of?

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Gammatron 64 posted:

Also, I saw the Jurassic World toys in Target, and hoo boy do they suck. You know what they really need to do? S.H. Monsterarts Jurassic Park. I mean, I pretty much have all the Heisei Godzilla kaiju now. Give me movie accurate articulated dinosaurs.

Does anyone know if any of the higher-end toy companies are getting a shot at Jurassic World? It seems like such a no-brainer. There's a huge nostalgia market, I'd assume, who'd probably be willing to buy. Or maybe not. :shrug: A properly articulated movie raptor would be the best poo poo though.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

What are 3A's prices usually like? That Judge Death earlier this page looks rad as poo poo. I'm really bad at spending more than $70ish on my toys though. :ohdear: I imagine it's significantly more.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

TaurusOxford posted:

http://hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?Maker1=tha&cl=1

That should give you an idea. The Judge Death is actually one of their cheaper ones at 60 US Dollars.

Thanks! Looks like he's cheaper because he's smaller than some of their other figures, but hey, I ain't gonna complain. Still looks rad as poo poo and I'm going to be buying the gently caress out of it. That's about in the same scale as Figuarts, right?

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Havoc904 posted:

Hasbro Toy Shop has a little notice on their front page that SDCC Exclusives won't go up online until Tuesday July 28th. Just a heads up for anyone interested in the legends Dr Strange pack or the Fore Awakens Stormtrooper that they won't go up this week like they normally do.

Thanks kindly!

I've been forcing myself not to just ebay up a Magik yet.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Havoc904 posted:

Well, the Book of Vishanti and First Order Stormtrooper are sold out. Added the Vishanti pack to my cart the moment it went on sale, but I guess it allocated them by final checkout and not holding them when they are added.

Time to go pay a ton of money for a Hela on ebay.

That sucks. Good luck getting Hela, dude.

As someone still fairly new to collecting, and not much of one for buying at anything other than retail or less - what are the odds on these dropping in price? I'm going Magik-huntin'.

What I still can't get over with that set is how cheap the eye of Agamotto looks. I know it's all just plastic, but jeez. You'd think for an exclusive collector's thing they could, I don't know, put a little more effort in.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Cocks Cable posted:

That would only increase the price of the set which already a good deal for 4 full sized figures and 1 BAF sized figure, most with unique sculpting elements. The eye is just an extra nice-to-have bonus and I'm even surprised they bothered since they also spent money on the really nice book-like packaging. This set is awesome compared to that ridiculous EE GotG set.

Oh yeah the rest of the set is really awesome, it just seems weird to have a cheap bonus when everything else is so cool. :shobon: I'd think the set was still worth the normal price even if it wasn't included.

Louisgod posted:

They will never lower in price and will only go up from here. If you expect to somehow pay retail for this set, it's not gonna happen. Expect $50 or $75 over retail for the set, if you're lucky, and $50 for each individual figure.

OK, I figured as much but figured I'd ask. I knew retail price was out of the question, I'm just not used to it. In hindsight I don't know why a limited edition set would drop in price, but ... ah well. Then the quest for Magik begins!

I think her and my currently-on-preorder Judge Death are going to end up in a showdown.

A Tin Of Beans fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jul 28, 2015

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

It boasts comic-style Groot and Quill in a comic-style outfit, and says "All the Guardians of the Galaxy," which is a bold-faced lie. Where the gently caress are Phyla-Vell and Moondragon and Adam Warlock and

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

I know there was at least one other person trying to track down the Magik figure from SDCC. This ... isn't that, but it is an Illyana thing:

Looks like they're also doing Emma, Magneto, and Scott. Not poseable or anything, but still neat, and something for X-fans. Definitely gonna be picking up Magik, and maybe Emma as well. My only complaint is the yellow sword. Why? :confused: It's also way less creepy than some of the 'Bishoujo' figures Kotobukiya did of various Marvel ladies!

These are coming out in February of 2016, apparently.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

The releases are actually staggered. Cyclops is supposed to be around October, then Emma, then Magneto.

Ah, rad! I hadn't looked at the actual website, just skimmed a Comics Alliance article and saw the photos.

Rhyno posted:

The ARTFX line is fantastic but I'm not interested in any of the X-Men line. Gimmie the Giant-Size X-Men lineup and I'm in though.

I'd love an ARTFX Nightcrawler, oh man. If only.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

DrChud posted:

All I see is turtles dicks. Can't unsee it.

I assume in person it's a little more obvious those're their tails, but yeah, those photograph ... unfortunately, hahaha.

Goddamn are they slick though. :swoon:

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Travis343 posted:

Honestly toys that are 1/6 scale really put me off. Like they can get away with charging crazy amounts for them, they're going to take up a huge amount of space, and they won't fit with any of my other toys. gently caress that, at least my overpriced Figmas and Figuarts can chill with my marvel legends and DC collectibles.

I kinda feel like this. I get tempted by some of them, but the combo of price and being totally out of step with my collection's general size means I can't set them up having weird inter-property parties. They're gorgeous and incredibly impressive, but ... yeah.

Props to people who do buy them, though. They're rad as poo poo. Just can't make myself take the plunge.

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Cross hatching, and the effect is awesome if they hadn't pinched pennies on the paint wash needed to bring them out. I've seen some where people have them a black wash and the effect is fantastic.

I feel like if the only way a figure looks good is if you manually repaint it at home, that's ... kinda lovely? The effect as-is looks like crap, which is disappointing. Just because it could look good aftermarket - that sucks. It leaves the figures you'd see on the shelves looking really lovely and disappointing. It ain't a drat model kit, y'know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

NotAnArtist posted:

I'm not going to buy legos this week. I'm not.

I'm not.

Y'know, just because it's a holiday doesn't mean Monday's technically the weekend ...