Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Oh, sweet. Jinx made it in too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

I wonder how long until they HASLAB a large GIJC vehicle and what the first one will be. HISS Tank is a good bet right?

HISS probably. I wouldn't be shocked if Cover Girl comes with the RAM or similar.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Djarum posted:

I am amazed that Silverhawks has had a reboot of some kind. The character designs were insane for the time and you could do a lot with the story.

Maybe if the Thundercats 2011 reboot had done better. I quite liked it but it suffered from coming out when Cartoon Network got super antsy about action cartoons and apparently the toys weren't great.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I think they really misjudged the audience, like they were really hoping both the show and the toys would be a big hit with little kids, but it was all old dudes like us who were into the show, and we had no interest in their lovely little kid toys, so they just canceled the whole enterprise. If they had gone for more of a high-end collector market for the toys, or just let the show be successful AS a show instead of banking everything on the merch, it could have done well. It was pretty good.

If I remember correctly the problem was exactly that it was hitting the wrong demo. They wanted the 8-13 market and weren't getting it so they chucked it. Happened to some other shows, too.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Finally got a Baroness. Wandered down to Target and there were four on the shelf. :unsmith:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Kingtheninja posted:

Great more target exclusives of amazing figures, never to be seen in the wild.

The key to Target exclusives seems to be just wait until the initial scalper rush dies down and then you'll be drowning in them. I was able to pick up Baroness yesterday and the Thundercracker/Skywarp two-pack not long ago and they were initially rare as a very rare thing.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Is that the main Classified collector group? I left it after finding my Baroness and selling the motorcycle there because those people are insane and rude. Angry, unhinged, right-wing, often misogynistic and homophobic keyboard warriors. I imagine them all decked out in Oakleys, goatees, Mossy Oak camo or Tap Out T-shirts, and red MAGA hats, driving from Target to Target, berating and threatening employees, so they can congratulate each other later for sticking it to The Man.

They're the ones who be deathly shocked to find out the franchise was created by a Japanese-American.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I miss not finding things at Toys R Us too.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

I was watching a lovely horror film where the protagonist went to a vintage toy store and there's a loving Eternia set in the background. I think im a bit obsessed.

I caught myself doing that re-watching the original Child's Play where Brad Dourif is stumbling around the toy store. It came out a bit late for He-Man I think, although I did catch the She-Ra Crystal Falls playset and the Ecto-1.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The youngest son in The Great Outdoors had a Sixshot!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

They actually had at least a bunch of He-Man at the nearest Wal-Mart. None of the vintage style Joes, unfortunately, which was what I was looking for (also, you know, groceries).

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

So the vintage-sized Joes are showing up in Wal-Mart, is that right?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I managed to score a Black Series Doctor Aphra, 000 and BT-1!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Found a HISS Tank at Walmart look if folks are into that sort of thing.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Aphrodite posted:

I mean, there's 16 year old Momo's costume.

no you see she needs exposed skin to pull out what she creates

And yeah, no, it's bad.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Psycho Ranger 5-pack is up on Amazon for $70 bucks.

https://www.amazon.com/Power-Ranger...es%2C187&sr=1-9

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Is this the place to talk about my buying two Fate/Stay Night Figma figures? Because I just did that.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

vkeios posted:

It is. Please tell me which two.

God help me but I'm considering getting Saber Alter's bike.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Feeling very 'this is a dumb hobby but I am dumber for being in it' missing out on those Joe pre-orders.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Hisstank seems to hate everything. Is it just me, or do a lot of hardcore Joe collectors swing conservative/right-wing, too? Maybe they took all the military propaganda to heart.

By and large the worst ones never paid attention to much aside from the cartoon and the toys which is like the most... 80s-centric part of the line. Larry Hama did a lot in the boundaries of the comic and was informed by the fact he, you know, had been to war. I know Hisstank ran off two GI Joe comic writers in Aubrey Sitterson (who admittedly has a few issues of his own) and Paul Allor for the crime of putting a queer main character in his Joe book. (Allor's Joe book is really good and people should read it.) I think Hama made his new Snake Eyes a Latina just to mess with them sometimes.

They are absolutely the Hot Wheel Guys of the action figure set like Fuzz says.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Dale-Taco posted:

I think hes referencing the latest joe book that started last year. It is set where cobra won and it follows a new gi joe recruit who happens to be gay (bi?). Its actually pretty good once you get past the first couple set up the universe issues. It also kills duke in like the first 2 pages of issue one which is how the new character is brought in. It caused much consternation.

Yeah, Tiger is our POV character and also his boyfriend disappeared due to Cobra-related shenanigans. Allor has also messed with a couple of old standby's ethnicities, like Flint is now Frontier and was originally born in Pakistan. Or rather I guess he could still introduce Flint but Frontier has all of his markers up to and being involved with Lady Jaye. Tiger himself is a Cambodian immigrant so naturally Hisstank shrieks 'political!' while recoiling like somebody brandished a cross at them.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

I assumed it was a scam. But I guess some years back somebody found cases of sealed motu in a warehouse in Eastern Europe.

Wasn't there also that big later release MASK find in somewhere in South America, I think it was?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Agrias120 posted:

PopFindr says my local Target has 2 Firefly and 2 Vipers, but I am going to guess that is inaccurate and/or they were snatched this morning.

I genuinely don’t know if that site is ever accurate or at least what inventory it’s reporting on. I’ve been to Target when the site is telling me it’s got four Cobra Troopers and the clerk says they’re not even getting a truck that day.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

CelticPredator posted:

I have no doubt GI Joe fans suck because I saw two of them on the hiss tank forums say "gently caress you you make 30k a year do your job" lol

HISS Tank are an especially gross brand of GI Joe fan, having run off at least two writers of the more recent comic series.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Davros1 posted:

Old man speaking:

When I was a kid (1980s Rules!), it seemed like everywhere had a dedicated toy department. I got my first MotU fig (He-Man, obviously) at a Lazarus. My first Transformer? J.C. Penny's. Service Merchandise was a place I got a lot of Star Wars figures. G.I. Joes, at drug stores. The nearest mall not only had a Kay-Bee, but a Lazarus, JC Penny's, Sears, Woolworths; so that was five different places I could look at toys if I was lucky. And then there were dedicated toys stores like Toys R Us and Children's Palace. And then there were a few stand alone, Target-like stores that had huge toy depts.

But nowadays? It's Target, or Wal-Mart, or nothing.

It was sad to watch Toys R Us fall away. I had a friend who worked there and he genuinely didn't know why they never seemed to get stuff in you could elsewhere.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Fuzz posted:

NYC Targets no longer carry GI Joe figures. :smith:

They cited abuse of the employees, I guess.

Just a buffet of awful from the high to the low lately.

I'm so glad I don't have to deal with the smirking scalpers who'd come into the store.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Aphrodite posted:

Yesterday was probably your best shot too, with most of the GI Joe collectors in Washington.

:drat:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Fuzz posted:

I've basically given up and kind of have stopped collecting. This stupid line and loving Target broke me.

Right? My Targets seem pretty deserted as far as toys go, honestly. I don't know if I don't beat the scalpers or they're just not coming or what.

That said, also congrats, Dale-Taco! To quote glad Shaun of the Dead, "I'm glad somebody made it."

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Found a Firefly at Target. I guess complaining on a dead comedy site forum really does work!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

It's time.

https://twitter.com/WCWWorldwide/status/1352631386746843144

It might be my first wrestling figure.

(Although of course it's a Target exclusive so RIP.)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

My Saber of Red (Casual Version) Figma figure has been paid for and is on the way. I am excite, my goons.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Fuzz posted:

Still looking for a Trooper and a Viper. :smithicide:
NYC Targets suck rear end.

I stumbled onto a Firefly here in SC but none of the troops have been to be had.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

People are trying to compare it to other crowd funded stuff but Thundercats is small potatoes compared to MOTU and Transformers. The price seems reasonable to me.

Yeah, Thundercats hasn't had anything remotely successful since the original run and even that was, like you say, not as big as the heavy hitters of the day.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Hasbro Pulse: “Figures are back in stock!”
Also Pulse: “JK lolololol”

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Just set Instagram notifications for YakFace and Kylocollector posts and hope you notice them immediately. Although, literally as I was typing this Kylocollector sent a notice about Ahsoka’s Clone being up on Walmart again and in the time it took me to load the webpage it had already gone out of stock again lmao.

I’m so tired of exclusives, especially Walmart. :negative:

For me it was Spider-Gwen. :smith:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mods are asleep post Fate Figma figures and recreate that time Mordred stole Saber Alter's really sweet bike that happened in a story I never wrote.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Djarum posted:

Anyone deal with Entertainment Earth before on issues? USPS says something got delivered which obviously didn’t.

They've always been straight up with me. No problems with delivery.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

I get a Kathryn Hahn action figure?!!!

I read this in Milhouse's voice.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Could I ask goons to be on the look out for a Spider-Gwen Legends? Long shot, I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Hasbropulse has the Spiderverse Gwen up right now, not sold out.

Thanks! I was able to snag one along with Black Cat and some dumb robot that turns into a rat.

(Only 3 cents shy of free shipping. :negative:)