Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

I just started using the pile of loot feature on BigBadToyStore, this could get out of hand. :sweatdrop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Oh yeah it's amazing, but I think it's going to do two things:

1. Save me money on shipping.
2. Make me spend way more money on toys and figures I wouldn't have otherwise bought.

Unrelated, but I moved in with my fiancé recently and she would like me to purchase some sort of case to organize/display my figures. Is the DETOLF from Ikea the goto for cheap display cases?

CRAYON fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Oct 13, 2018

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Awesome information everyone, gives me a lot of options. I think I'll start by trying the DETOLF because I like the visibility it allows.

Aphrodite posted:

The riser people always used was actually part of the Billy line I think.

Any idea if this is it? https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00323359/#/50263862

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Here it is so you dont have to watch video: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/90144730/?query=mosjo

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Hmm, I might see if my local Target got any new Neca Godzilla figures. Last time I checked their selection was very small.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Shiroc posted:

I ordered the Biollante. I can't visualize exactly how big it is so it'll be fun to figure out where I'm actually going to put it once its here.

Please take and post photos so I can be jealous.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Open Marriage Night posted:

They ever make a good Space Godzilla figure? I’m the one guy who loves that movie.

I'm pretty sure there is a Movie Monster Series soft vinyl (these are usually pretty sweet for ~$20-30) and a Monsterarts version of Space Godzilla.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Colorways are one of my favorite things about Sofubi.

Also painting them myself for fun. Here’s an Ultima I did a couple months ago.

is there a certain type of paint that works best on these vinyl figures? i've been wanting to try improving on some of the original paint jobs

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

- vinyl paints for dummies -

Anyway, good luck!

Thank you for all this info. Really makes me lean towards just trying less than ideal paints because all I really want to do is add some more contrast and make some textures pop. One maybe dumb question, do the vinyl paints work using typical brush techniques? Like would dry brushing work with a vinyl paint?

One idea I had for the Godzilla Ultima vinyl you posted earlier was to try to add some iridescence to the dorsal fins (i think thats what they are) because in some of the episodes the coloring was pretty psychedelic.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

i like metal slug quite a bit but there is no way i could justify the price on these:

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1448986592496992267?s=20

very happy they exist though

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Jesus CHRIST :psyduck:

never thought i would be able to say, "holy poo poo look at the stitching detail on those metal slug figures"

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Oh nice, I love Mechagodzilla 3! drat…. Am I going to get into Monsterarts??

I swore I would stick with NECA Godzillas because of their price to quality ratio and then my dad got me a SH Monsterarts Godzilla from the Legendary movie series and it's been downhill from there. Now I have the Singular Point Godzilla sitting on a shelf and Singular Point Jet Jaguar and the stupid expensive Hedorah they released in my BBTS pile of loot. Now I'm eyeing this drat Kiryu and new Shin Godzilla figure they're making.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

holy gently caress that's a reaper from King's Field but with pretty robes

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Joe Fisto posted:

I found this caveman Batman a while back. I didn't need another Batman, but I thought he would look good with Conan and friends. I was right.

i really thought caveman batman was Rexxar for a sec:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I believe both are homages to Frank Frazetta's character Darkwolf,

who appeared in the 1983 animated film Fire and Ice,

Ah this makes complete sense. I sometimes forget that nearly every cool Blizzard thing is a homage.

I've never seen Fire and Ice, is it cool? That still looks sweet.