Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I just got caught up to the end of the woli fight (so five years behind)

It's not going to get any better is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i kept up solely because of that vorg fight and itagaki getting punched out.

Now I just really hope Ippo does have brain damage.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

disappointment.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Nilbop posted:

I dunno, it's part-good and part regardless of what happens with the opponent, Takamura is an unstoppable genius superman who can master any style instantly.

"Since Takamura took a few hits, he won't be afraid of taking a few more! So it's all down to their wills!"

That doesn't make any sense!

He just needed to punch out all the oxygen stuck in his muscles.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Wild Horses posted:

My personal jump the shark moment was when
Ippo ate the biggest counter of his life against that rear end in a top hat, because he was mad and just rushed in.
And he ate the "one ton" right that snapped his neck off and which he proceeded to just revive from and KO the other guy.

It was the point where it felt like there was no real consequence to anything in his fights. apart from the latest one, which was excellent because he got KTFO

I think that's already past the point of no return.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

The Lord of Hats posted:

In any case, I finally get to see a full Itagaki match. Here's hoping he lives up to how much others have hyped hiim.

I'm so sorry...

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I would have a beer with imai

meanwhile ippo would be too much of a square to go to a bar

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

and now you enter the era of darkness.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Vagabundo posted:

Oh hey, Chapter 1105 actually featuring Kamogawa actually talking strategy and being a coach for once!

:aaa:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

why did this have to happen

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

spinning's a good trick

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

takamura should have just started throwing telephone pole punches too and just break that dudes jaw

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

takamuras huge....

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Are you sure that's wise?

Stairmaster fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Jan 5, 2016

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

Yeah I've been pushing through the series a bit and it's like still interesting, but the magic isn't there

run

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

what IS japan

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

PUNCH HARDER

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Vengarr posted:

I kinda wish they'd bring back that one black guy that Ippo fought back. I fondly remember learning how black people have extra muscles.

ippo killed him

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I started re-reading from the beginning and man were the fights so much better. Ippo actually changed as a boxer based on his opponents.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

so if ippo is really good at throwing his weight around from off angles why doesn't he become an outboxer instead of continuing his slow death march?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

its worse than rocky 4

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

ElGroucho posted:

How great would it be if he actually started winning real championships, and the story transitioned to Ippo dealing with sudden global stardom, wealth, and fame - and all the bad poo poo that comes with it?

Of course, that's never going to happen, because Ippo is the most bloodless, sexless little killing machine in manga

i dotn think coach would allow ippo to gently caress or have fun anyways

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I feel kind of sad about how things have turned out. And by things I mean the quality of this manga

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Was the new Dempsey even real or just a dying dream

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

ippo murders and devours miyata to gain his outboxing powers

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

So uh what's going to be the legacy of this series. Is it just going to fade away cause of this ending?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

He actually broke part of his back fighting ippo

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the final fight of this series will be ippos mom vs kamogawa ala the end of mgs4

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Patware posted:

this actually hurt me to think about

its fine half of the crew can carry the other half

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the existence of woli meant ippos efforts were always going to be in vain.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Takamura should get a new coach

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Vagabundo posted:

Keep in mind that even at the height of its popularity, Toriyama's editor Kazuhiko Torishima still had a fair bit of say over Dragon Ball (the Android saga is an example of this, where he balked at No. 19 and No. 20 being the big bads - "A fatass and an old man? gently caress off" - before further balking at No. 17 and No. 18 being the replacement big villains - "They're just a couple of punk kids! gently caress off" - resulting in Cell being introduced and then refined into Perfect Cell), so who knows

Incorrect it was actually an ex-editor who told toryiama to nix the Android's.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

so ippos gonna die

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

hold on shouldn't that second one count as a down

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

you think they'd make it more clear

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

ippo should just become some sort of grappler. He's got the physique for it and wouldn't have to worry about cte as much.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

uh. where ahve you been dude.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

his next opponent is jiren.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

is ippo as a cornerman the worst idea or worst idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster