Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

L:ordSilent posted:

Can someone tell me what chapter the anime is at?

thank you!

Chapter 344 should put you right where the anime is at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Serious Frolicking posted:

I didn't specify what gender he should pursue. His obsession with Miyata is unhealthy and rather creepy. Frankly, any sort of real relationship would be an improvement at this point.

Countdown to revelation of stalker-creepy shrine of Miyata in Ippo's closet starts now.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Geop posted:

Holding out for a Dragon Chan equivalent from China :dance: HE KICKS SO HARD AND FAST THAT THAT THE REFEREE CAN'T SEE IT.

In a surprise twist Kamogawa registers Ippo to a MMA tournament.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Someone draw a broken Ippo at the age of 30 if you can.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Ahh, you people just don't understand. Woli is simply a fall character for the next boxer ippo will have to face, a paraplegic thalidomide baby who loves boxing even more and is a GENIUS.

Mori's genius knows no bounds!

Lamebot fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Mar 1, 2010

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
910 spoiler pic :stare: http://imgur.com/gxBgg.jpg

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
lets take dumb guesses as to what those wounds on kojima's hands mean (stupid over the top punching boulders training)

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Fabricated posted:

I kinda like how Ippo never has to give a poo poo about his weight when literally every other boxer he fights seems to have to kill themselves to make weight. Also, all he does is add muscle between every fight. He's going to be a 4-foot nothing version of the Incredible Hulk by the time this series is through and yet he'll still be a featherweight.

he's gonna have popeye tumors

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
George better be going somewhere with this instead of putting it off.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Ok so someone's gonna retire/leave kamogawa soon? or will the author just forget about this?

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
More retirement talk: 952

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
What if they crash violently and start spraying burning fuel everywhere? Where's that analogy?

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Eeevil posted:

What happened to this guy?

he pooped in the ring

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
it's left open ended. we're gonna see how they get their groove back.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
it'd be just fine for me if mike won and there was a fully prepped rematch between the two.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
that outburst from mashiba about his sister and ippo was cute.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
i want an ippo takamura spar out of this. even if takamura is top weight class

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
oh takamura you rapist scamp.

is this finally the mythical "ippo gets some" arc?

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
That's what's she counting on. She has a secretly has a savior complex and will get off on wheeling around a vegetable for several decades.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
ippo is a neanderthal

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Good Ippo, you look kinda cool!

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

tbp posted:

ive never been to japan but every series ever makes it seem like there are those weird raised roads leading to rivers everywhere.

that perspective is inexcusable lol

they're called levees.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

tbp posted:

ive never been to japan but every series ever makes it seem like there are those weird rlevees everywhere.

In a country with a rough mountain interior people build out like crazy on the flood plains. The Tokyo Bay region is a prime example of this.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
So either Gen or Ginpachi are gonna kick the bucket soon?
Gen is gonna die anyways so we can see his ghost powering ippos final knockout punch as he takes the world title.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Homer Simpson

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
so ippo is now the boxing equivalent of a wacky inflatable tube man

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
its confirmed. kamogawa is a wight and is draining the life from his students to extend his own.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
This is.. the new dempsey!

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
speculation He's gonna murder this guy and then fight to support his sibling back home. That's his new motivation.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Ippo has started his long and perilous journey of mastering the dark art of the slapsui no hadou.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Toshimo posted:

Aoki will just slap him to show Ippo it's ok.

Taihei will no sell Aoki's slap and realize the difference between Aoki and Ippo.

Taihei descends further into madness.

Everyone lines up to slap some sense into Taihei, who is losing it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvPugcb7QGE

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
New Chapter(1261): https://readms.net/r/hajime_no_ippo/1261/5868/1

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
I am lollin at art style shift on the last page. That face.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Link it for others please. Chapter 1344: https://hni-scantrad.com/lel/read/hajime-no-ippo/en-us/132/1344/

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
I know it isn't his build but I was ready to see wally put some weight on.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
What year is this manga currently in? why is there a giant flatscreen 16:9 the last panel? I just checked the series timeline. We should be in 2001.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Ippo will find his resolve to return to boxing after Kumi dies in the World Trader Center attack on 9/11.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Monaghan posted:

Not just hiding, actively throwing punches around the ref's head! Rules just don't apply to him I guess.

The refs in this are so bad they deserve to be used like props.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Wally gets shot by a bookie who stands to lose everything by this surprise upset.