Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Arcanum rules. Play it on turn-based, problem solved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Quest for Glory is such a bitch to get working right on modern systems, I'm not surprised they don't want to tackle it. 3 and 4 especially, god almighty. Things just don't trigger, so you don't even know the game is hosed.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Maybe it was just me, but I loved QfG5. The setting, the music, the Famous Adventurer.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

The remake of QfG1 is able to import its save into old QfG2 no problem.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

DrBouvenstein posted:

I just finished a whole play-through of the first 4 today (Mage...best class) and I had exactly two bugs.

In QfG3, I was just walking in the savannah, and the game randomly crashed.

And in QfG4, I had two problems which are "hold overs" from the CD anthology version.

The "Squid Stone" puzzle:
You have to click certain letters twice/three times, and even then, it might not work, so you just start clicking randomly then maybe it works.

And at the end:
This would only affect a Mage play-through. I couldn't get my Magic Staff spell to cast after killing Ad Avis. I kept getting the message "You're too busy to cast a spell right now." I found a solution online, which involves casting Force Bolt a few more times after that first one you kill Ad with, and then trying to summon your staff. That worked on, like, the third try.

Neither of those seemed to be fixed by slowing down the CPU cycles in DOSBox. The first problem I did get it with a slowed-down DOSBox, but it still was wonky and I had to do what I described in the box.

The second one was done with it set at the default.

But the BIG problems that QfG4 had (Error 47 when sliding down the ramp, dieing instantly at the Chernovy wizard part in the swamp, etc... are gone.

God gently caress that Error 47. The staff I definitely remember well too.

Is there still weirdness with the Domovoi not showing up?

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

I remember when the first Creatures came out, man was I excited. Looking at those screenshots made me all nostalgic.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

I would not play QfG4 without a guide, and that's coming from someone who beat all 5 games many times. There was simply too many things that won't happen correctly if you aren't standing on the right screen at the right time, and that's even after the CPU speed fixes.

That being said, I was so excited for QfG5 and I loved every minute of it. I know I'm in the vast minority, but man the Famous Adventurer store and music was amazing.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Max Wilco posted:

Last day of the Tower Sale.The Gothic game are back on GOG.

Divinity: Original Sin is also up for the finale. Is it worth picking up for $24? The reaction to it doesn't seem as positive as it was when the game first came out.

I played through the entire game MP and while I was enjoying the first half, it really goes off the rails at some point. Also they only added the "listen to conversation" function later into our playthrough so neither of us ever knew what was really happening. It was too long to type out everything so it was just "Uh, well, this wizard just said we should go kill that rat."

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Still holding out hope for Wheel of Time...

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Look can we just focus on what's important: one day having Wheel of Time on Gog. gently caress I want to play it again.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Hollenhammer posted:

I looked up what that was on wikipedia and found a link to download the game from the page V:shobon:V

I'd heard it doesn't work on Win10? Thanks for the heads up though, I'll give it a shot!

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

I got Deus Ex at release and remember being so blown away by that first level. Never looked back! What a game.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

God what will it take to get Wheel of Time on GOG. >: (

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Wheel of Time, yesss. Time to see if the nostalgia holds up. I had to upgrade my PC back when this came out to play it.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

No WoT book knowledge needed. It sort of doesn't make sense in the context of the books. You'll still enjoy it.

It's an FPS but imagine like... 50 (?) weapons that sort of rock-paper-scissors each other. It was really fun multiplayer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Cavauro posted:

arcanum 2 will be added to the store shortly

Be still my heart.