Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Friendly PSA to always quadruple check your address. I ordered an Arsenal away kit from Kitbag, who I should add, I've ordered from a dozen times and never had an issue. Paypal had the correct address listed, but they somehow got my street name, with the zip, and a city that does not match either the street nor the zip. Since they do no tracking DHL, I'm basically stuck for two weeks waiting for this thing to show up. I've emailed their support to try and get ahead of it to see if I can at least get the label number to have them look it up but I'm resigned to it not showing up.

It's worth noting that I've never lived in either the city nor zip listed so I'm not exactly sure how they got there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Simone Poodoin posted:

Prepare to see every nike team in a terrible template third kit some time this season

Roma's is no that bad though

The Inter one isn't even that terrible. The Man City one is just a hot mess.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

There is like 3 of those that aren't completely terrible. The DC United and Montreal kits are some of the funniest looking shirts I've ever seen.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Simone Poodoin posted:

This is a loving disaster, I'm not even gonna bother looking for a high res pic

Red kit looks miles better than the white but neither are good. It definitely looks like a comb.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Arsenal kits have allegedly leaked. The home leak looks like an Arsenal kit. As for the away, I'm going to assume/hope it's just a training kit because it seriously looks like a training kit.

Home: http://imgur.com/a/dp4qs
Away: http://imgur.com/a/A5bMl

Also jesus christ I didn't even notice the loving purple gradient piping on the shoulders until now :barf:

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

TheBigAristotle posted:

Yokohama F Marinos 25th Anniversary

Sheffield Wednesday 150th Anniversary kit

I would buy the Yokohama F Marinos kit but sadly it'll cost like $300 to import and I'd need like, an 8XL because of how wonky Japanese sizing is.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Real Name Grover posted:

New shirt for Miami United FC, which plays in the National Premier Soccer League (NPSL), the third tier of American soccer

This is so hideous that it loops around and becomes fantastic.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

We need to add boots to this thread! I think Under Armour have managed to create the most horrific abomination in the history of football boots. I literally could not find a non-footyheadlines watermarked image of these but they have a loving zipper on them for some reason.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

XBenedict posted:

What a day!

:chanpop:

That Club America kit is unironically fantastic and it looks like it may not have Nike's super lovely template?

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Cuban Chowder Factory posted:

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr that is Nike's new template.

It would be a vast improvement!

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

This HAS to be the worst kit of the season. It's not even funny bad. It's just pug fuckin ugly.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Twat le Piss posted:

Actually the Saints home kit is great and a throwback to our 80-85 designs when Kenny 'I would love it' Keegan played for us and we had the classic Draper Tools sponsor on the front.

IMO if it had a proper collar with the same black/red/white striping on it the kit would look much better.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

The new Tottenham/Chelsea kits are literally just plain white and blue colored shirts respectively with some mesh on them. :effort:

Chelsea:

Tottenham:

As a bonus, here's the Flamengo away kit which actually is good:

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

blue footed boobie posted:

Buy the home and away.

There actually isn't an away. The multi colored kit is the GK kit from what I read. I'd still buy it. Also in case anyone is interested in getting one, remember that Japanese kits run ultra small so getting two sizes up is probably wise. Their 3XL length is the same length as a Large in NFL jerseys.

julian assflange posted:

:pwn: how much of that is shipping

Not included in the price and you'd probably have to have it shipped to a tenso box since they most likely don't do international shipping.

Akileese fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jun 7, 2017

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

I may be alone on this but that shirt seems way too busy.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Wirth1000 posted:

Akileese! What do your Autistic-eyes see?

Yeah not autistic but that aside I'm not sure. Maybe it's the white piping on the full black sleeves? It just looks weird to me but it sure could be worse.

Anyways, here have the new Valencia away kit:

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Thirteenth Step posted:

I think it's a rule that you can't have a pattern on the back of kits now - ours is the same this year

Edit:

Newcastle's appears to have a pattern on the back though.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

That's a hell of a kit and I don't mean that as a compliment.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

sassassin posted:

New Swansea shirt is poo poo.

You can't say something like that and not post the kit!

It's pretty bland but the away seems cool?

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

JFairfax posted:

I thought you were joking about the stupid shape of the stars, but I looked closer and lol

It is intentionally a maple leaf. There are three Canadian teams in MLS so it makes sense.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

GutBomb posted:

Haha someone thinks the US is getting to the world Cup in 2018

That was my initial reaction as well. Hopefully we'll be spared having to see those worn.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

So is Arsenal really switching to Adidas? Footyheadlines did an April fool's joke...but then reported it again as a thing that was happening back in mid december. The rumor also insists that City is switching to Puma.

Also, Nike has some new snood that manages to look more ridiculous than the original snood.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

So that Arsenal home shirt may have been a render since they're now running this as the official home kit and holy poo poo, this has to win worst kit of the year.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Remember that hilarious/awesome Chinese National Team black dragon away kit? Well the Chinese FA does not like fun and has veto'd it. Apparently there was backlash against it for...whatever reason.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Shrapnig posted:

What the gently caress is that?

Looks like the retrospective Arsenal kit they did a few years back where they combined like, 8 kits into one to show the different designs over the years.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

I know why it has three shades of green, but sweet christ. I normally love crazy designs but this is hideous.

Fulham has an anniversary kit as well! It's not as hideous.

Akileese fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Feb 8, 2019

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Sadly just a concept.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

XBenedict posted:

God loving drat, everything about that is absolutely terrible.

Edit: FUUUUUUUUUUCK

There is not a single redeemable kit in that entire range holy gently caress. Every one of them is vile.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Adidas has been doing some really good stuff this coming season, United away and that Juventus kit notwithstanding.

That city home kit just looks off. It might be the lighting and maybe it looks better on the players but it just doesn't feel right.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

pik_d posted:

OK, now there's another City shirt?? This isn't the home kit, it's just an Anniversary kit so that they make money

https://twitter.com/StevenMcinerney/status/1132738079234678790

It's simple and good and cool, but I bet it'll be a million dollars so I won't be getting one

https://twitter.com/StevenMcinerney/status/1132738714717827078

This guy is a) A City fan and b) works for some kit reviewing site so gets to see kits before they're announced

As I figured, that sky blue/purple looks way better in proper lighting rather than half covered by a sheet. Those anniversary pieces are awesome though.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Sandwolf posted:

don’t say it too loud otherwise Reddit will be sponsoring MK Dons by next year

A fitting partnership tbh. Sponsorship deals got a bit out of control so I don't even know if goons could afford to sponsor an Isthmian league team anymore. There clubs signing multi year deals worth six figures in those leagues as recently as two years ago, so England is probably out of the question.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Weaponized Cum posted:

I believe they're pink because they've incorporated a flamingo into the branding because Miami

The stripes are pink. I don't know why they didn't invert the pink/black for the home kit rather than using white/pink. Still a big miss to not use the south beach colorway though.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Dudley posted:

I understand maybe 6 words in that tweet.

I understand all of it and trust me you're not missing anything.

That Adidas kit appears to be their 2020 template which is..unfortunate. It's uninspired even for Adidas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

TwoStepBoog posted:

Most of MLS' kits just got leaked. The only ones still unknown are Chicago, Montreal and Nashville. LAFC got posted twice for some reason.

That is a terrible template even by Adidas standards.