Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

oldman posted:

I hate that guy from Nebraska who always asks about a Brazlian shirt name.

God that guy's a oval office. It makes me want to call in to cancel out his Nebraska-besmirching fuckery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

MoPZiG posted:

um could you repost that in a Canadian accent? :razz:

I'm from Nebraska, we know nothing about accents of any kind :colbert:

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Jippa posted:

Isn't it like saying "merseyside"?

It's like calling Arsenal Stadium 'Highbury'.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Hoops posted:

I used to picture Barry Glendenning as the Irish dad from Shameless.

I used to picture him as Barry off Eastenders.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Did anyone listen to The Game this week? That stat guy was pretty bad. "This team is 34% as good as that team."

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

the sex ghost posted:

No GRANT Holt? Shameful.

Managed by Dr. Avram Grant.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
What are everyone's thoughts on Tony Evans on The Game? I find his voice so grating that even when I agree with his point (rarely) I want to disagree out of principle.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Jippa posted:

Itunes was downloading the entire football weekly back catalogue just now. Any one else have this? I remember james apologising for this happening a while back.

Overcast said it was downloading some old episodes, but when I checked the app they hadn't actually downloaded.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
I liked the meltdown people had on the Ramble twitter. I still get all the normal content for free as always but I can pay for extras??? OUTRAGE.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

julian assflange posted:

Is there no Football Weekly this week?

They said at the end of Monday's show that there wouldn't be one on Thursday.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

trem_two posted:

I'd like to watch 11 Felipe Melos play 11 Philippe Mexeses

11 Vieiras vs 11 Roy Keanes

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

britishbornandbread posted:

He's the worst human being to have ever lived.

He's not even the worst human being to have appeared on Football Weekly.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Mickolution posted:

Regarding Pete, I find that he and Luke are much more likable on their own (non football) Pod. Pete tried less hard to be "weird" and just comes across as nerdy, which makes him much better. As for Luke, he's good on The Ramble, but too often he seems like he wants to be a "serious pundit" when it doesn't seem to suit him or the show.

Luke and Pete’s Summer was surprisingly good

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

julian assflange posted:

I'll give The Totally Football League show a go, however as I know gently caress all about the football league

I’m in the same boat.

Also, I found out Iain is really bad at Football Manager which is hilarious to me.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
[quote="“Monday Bandele”" post="“476915437”"]
In nearly 10 years of listening to Football Weekly I’ve still no idea who Jimbo supports
[/quote]

Roma iirc

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Iol at Jonathan Wilson being pissy about the Italian commentator’s reaction to the Roma winner.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Ninpo posted:

Was this on On The Continent? I may have fell asleep before getting to that.

That's his thing.

Nah, today’s Football Weekly.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Tortilla Maker posted:

Is that podcast of the two English (maybe Scottish?) guys who live in the US still relevant? Or are they not around anymore?

They had a tv segment on NBC last World Cup. They’re big USMNT homers and help convinced thousands of American fans that’s it’s footballing tradition to wear your team’s scarves in 90 degree (32 Celsius) weather. lol

They were big fans of Miguel Herrera last cycle, so that was mildly entertaining.

Still around, still pretty good.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Max couldn’t think of a single great keeper who wears short sleeves.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Ninpo posted:

I can see two in my head but sadly can't remember their loving names. As a third didn't Higuita wear short sleeves?

Think Higuita just pushed his sleeves up to his elbows

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Anyone else had all the Ramble acast specials randomly load into their feed (I haven’t paid for them)?

I got four previews of like 20 seconds each in Overcast.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Seltzer posted:

Also Johnny Nicholson (or however you spell it) was a terrible guest on Football Weekly. A chore to listen to.

His columns on Football365 are hit and miss for me.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Mickolution posted:

gently caress me, Lars (?) looks like a neckbeard Haley Joel Osment

https://twitter.com/fayecarruthers/status/1085884118909575168?s=11

So present day Haley Joel Osment?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Mickolution posted:

Who has moved from Spurs since last season?

“Apart from the Spurs lads”

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Excellent

Also I’m Patrick King-Patrick

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

webmeister posted:

There's a lot of Max rambling (heh) about his early career in radio, Talksport and Soccer AM etc, but the last half is definitely pretty solid. There's a few great moments of baiting between him and Luke too.

There’s also a great Shaun Goater/Shaun Williamson story

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/bglendenning/status/1136951688114397185?s=21

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
What was that terrible Brazilian guy they used to have, Fernando Duarte or something like that? He was real bad.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

julian assflange posted:

Relistening to some of the Peter Crouch podcasts at the moment and it is still really good. The dreams episode is incredible

There were a few episodes available on my BA flight yesterday, so I finally gave it a listen and loved it. Crouchy :allears:

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
I liked Wilson’s handball penalty hypothetical.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
lol

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Bundy posted:

Macintosh is owner of Muddy Knees so there probably is some truth to it. I forget what I was listening on but it came up that they felt there was a gap for more podcast coverage of football than the once/twice weekly serial that most popular pods had fallen into.

I actually think, and I am somewhat surprised, The Ramble have done the best switch to a daily format. "The Lads" are still just twice a week which is fine, Jules and Andy can be great if there's been something over the weekend worth expanding upon (they did a good chat on the City ban and there's been some not insufferable VAR analysis), the look back at classic matches with Wilson is a good listen. They have "bought well" in the pod transfer window, Jules, Brassel and Wilson are very good additions imo.

Jules and Andy is excellent.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Bacon Terrorist posted:

The Arsenal one has Lee Dixon on as a regular. Which is quite amusing because all the fans have one opinion and then he just disagrees with them as a grumpy old ex pro. When they'd all lathered themselves up for Arteta and he rained on their parade was very fun. 'It's great to have a club legend like Arteta back' 'is he?' *Awkward silence* :allears:

It’s a really good dynamic with him, Amy Lawrence, and Gunnerblog.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
That sure is an analogy

https://twitter.com/oi_staf/status/1292780693295071232?s=21

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Barney gonna Barney

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/aug/14/why-so-much-neymar-rage-he-is-the-complete-attacking-footballer

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
On the Continent is now hosted by Andy and Dotun Adebayo :)

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Eau de MacGowan posted:

The idea of dialogue written by barney ronay is just

Wow

Can’t wait for the Billy Haisley show

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

HappyCamperGL posted:

the sa forums > supposedly about sports > the jizz hornkamp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Golazzo with Jimbo, Gab, and Horncastle is good. I really liked the Ronaldo episode from a few months ago.