Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

DougieC posted:

My friend Paolo semi-frequently drops in on the Guardian podcast to discuss Italy, though whenever I listen it always sounds as though James Richardson is stepping all over his toes because James of course is a big Serie A expert/journalist. I think that's my second-biggest vicarious claim to "fame".

World Soccer Daily is really horrible, but an alternate download site for them is here http://podcast.com/show/1375/ which is a slightly less ugly site.

Paolo as in Paolo Bandini?

You know you're obligated to use this as a means of getting FLJ or Pissflaps onto that podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Patient_Toffee posted:

Yes must spread circle jerking retarded nature of the lovely forums to elsewhere. Great idea.

It's not a great idea, that's the point. But whatever.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Bloodbath posted:

David Baddiel & Frank Skinner did a podcast for the 2006 World Cup, also for The Guardian. It was and still is hilarious, and well worth a listen for decent humour/football chat as well some nice and not-so-nice nostalgia

All 15 podcasts are available here - http://www.baddielandskinner.com/podcast/previous.php :)

All of the links on that page (except for the preview one) are dead for me.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

The best European newspaper review.

Also, apparently Philippe Auclair's going to be on Football Weekly again on Monday.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Unfortunately today's is pretty annoying thanks to new boy Daniel Harris being an argumentative little poo poo with terrible opinions supported by a general lack of knowledge about what he's talking about.

More Michael Cox/Jonathan Wilson/David Conn/Philippe Auclair/Rafael Honigstein/Fernando Duarte please.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Nimmy posted:

Haha, Honigstein took over the European Paper Review from James Richardson on holiday and spent about 70% of his time on the German papers.

Still the best guest host.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

JingleBells posted:

Football Weekly very extra has arrived, complete with this mystery guest:

I'd never have guessed that's what James Horncastle looks like!

His head looks far too big for his body.

edit: also, bonus Game of Thrones chat at the end!

generally I prefer fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Apr 27, 2013

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Mandalay posted:

Jimbo tweeted about it almost twelve hours ago, but still no pod.. https://twitter.com/acjimbo/status/367187419864784896

Might be a video pod? Those always take longer to edit and release.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Well, someone hates Rushden as much as the rest of us, apparently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvWH4p0jeD8

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

The Football Weekly Presents stuff the Guardian has been doing for the last couple weeks has been pretty interesting, with their profiles of lesser known players. Ian Macintosh is a bit annoying as the narrator, but still, good stuff overall.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

I do appreciate more Jonathan Wilson on FW lately, though.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Monday Bandele posted:

In nearly 10 years of listening to Football Weekly I've still no idea who Jimbo supports

Buffon. Not Juventus, just Buffon. But who doesn't?

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Haven’t heard new Mince. No whistle saddens me.

Is it me or is Barney Ronay wanking himself raw over African footballers in the latest FW?

It's Wilson, he always covers the ACN so it's more understandable I guess?

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

webmeister posted:

Barry made several references to Russia making a "surprisingly improved" performance at a sporting event held in Russia, and mentioned Spain in the same sentence. Someone even noted it on the previous page here.

I'm fairly sure the Ramble has alluded to it as well, but in a very veiled fashion and moved on very quickly

I think yesterday he was talking about their "injection of enthusiasm" as well.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Lenin Riefenstahl posted:

I’m just glad I don’t have to listen to bloody Ian Macintosh on FW ever again and Max is doing a good job. I miss Jimbo’s puns and that’s about it. Also TFS has Julien Laurens who is also insufferable.

blue footed boobie posted:

Phillipe Auclair loving rules.

These are both good and correct opinions.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

sassassin posted:

He doesn't seem to know much about Swansea despite being a supporter.

tbf even the owners don't seem to know much about Swansea.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Barry's "bon voyage" tweet is a thing of beauty: https://twitter.com/bglendenning/status/1429861754402746372?s=20

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Moby_Dick posted:

Football Weekly is great when Jordan Jarrett Bryan is on and Villa is doing well and he gets trolled/roasted for his Villa/Dean Smith hatred

He's just absolutely miserable about everything. I particularly enjoyed his latest line on Villa where he now says he likes Villa but hates Villa fans and apparently Dean Smith is just fine now?

Also he's supposedly an Arsenal fan and was just moaning about the NLD the entire time.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Yeah honestly initially I was very wary of Max because of Soccer AM but it turns out that it's just a show that makes whoever is on it look like an insufferable prick if they weren't already one before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

algebra testes posted:

Knock it forward get it to Bobby!!!

Incredible.

I would give quite a lot to have seen the video of Nedum doing that impression.