Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GTi_guy
Oct 21, 2003

avas ye, matey

ry posted:

Installed some free scrap carpet.

Next up.... The Walls

Please tell me your keychain has a "Pussy Wagon" tag hanging from it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GTi_guy
Oct 21, 2003

avas ye, matey
Had the Ventus V12's installed on the Si.

Should be a great summer tire.

GTi_guy
Oct 21, 2003

avas ye, matey

B.Wales! posted:

Right along the Grand River in Caledonia, Ontario.

It's only an hour away!

We shod have an Ontario AI meet sometime soon.

Who's in.

GTi_guy
Oct 21, 2003

avas ye, matey

Sockington posted:

Would you actually show up this time? :iceburn:

That hurts.

Are you still hanging out in Markham? I got really busy after we spoke, but seem to have slowed down a touch.

Scrodes and I still talk to Toilet Duck, so I'm sure we could drag him out to the AI meet. Let's get this motherfucker planned!

Off the top of my head, I'm thinking of either a group tour of LMC or RM Auto. Vastly different locations, but either would be awesome.

GTi_guy
Oct 21, 2003

avas ye, matey
Finished detailing the NSX this morning. Four evenings after work this week to clean, polish and wax her.

I think the previous owner polished it with 50 grit.

After that, I went to an owners meet.

GTi_guy
Oct 21, 2003

avas ye, matey

Billy Tully posted:

I'm very sad there are no pictures with this post :colbert:

Sorry, some pics from the meet are here:

http://www.scarfonephoto.com/2012/nsx-club-bbq/

I haven't bothered to upload my before/after photos of the 12 hours of torture yet.

GTi_guy fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jun 19, 2012

GTi_guy
Oct 21, 2003

avas ye, matey
I bought OEM 2002+ wheels for the NSX.

This isn't mine, but I have a red coupe, so when mounted, it will look exactly like this.

GTi_guy
Oct 21, 2003

avas ye, matey
Bought the new front tires and put my 2002 wheels on the NSX.

Really modernizes the car over the fat fives.

Don't look at the mess in the garage. In order to install the wheels I needed to install 5mm spacers.

In order to do that, I removed the wheels, calipers, hubs, studs and replaced all. A tremendous pain in the nuts, and I will try my best to avoid it in the future.

GTi_guy fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Sep 17, 2012

GTi_guy
Oct 21, 2003

avas ye, matey

Seat Safety Switch posted:

It must only be some kinds of Plastidip because I've found it at Zellers before.

Yes, and where did that get Zeller's?

GTi_guy
Oct 21, 2003

avas ye, matey
I bought a new shift boot for her. OEM NSX - R shift boot is a VIN controlled part, and the place right down the road from me just got a few in stock for a very reasonable price so I had to pull the trigger.

GTi_guy
Oct 21, 2003

avas ye, matey
I've been contemplating and debating this day for many months about how I would approach my T-Belt and clutch situation on the NSX. In the end I decided to go whole hog and have both done at once by our very knowledgeable local master tech.

I had originally thought I was only going to do the belts and water pump, but as there always seems to be, there was significant scope creep and I'm now doing the full 90k service and fluid flush as well. As we all know, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of replacement Titanium connecting rods.

When I bought the car last year, I knew about the T-Belt, but the clutch was a bit of a surprise late last summer when it started to slip with 120k km.

I went shopping at at a local shop and managed to scoop pretty well everything I need from them; the only thing missing was the oil, coolant and brake fluid.

GTi_guy
Oct 21, 2003

avas ye, matey

Strawberry posted:

When I had my Civic, there were few greater joys than getting a shipment of parts with those red OEM Honda stickers on them.

Thanks. I've squeezed every penny out of that shipment, and spent most of the winter compiling the list and shopping for the best price and service. Today I finished it off with Oem trans fluid, bake fluid, coolant and some Mobil 1.

A few weeks from now I won't have to have a nagging feeling in the back of my head wondering if the timing belt is going to go. I should be good for another six or so years after this.

GTi_guy
Oct 21, 2003

avas ye, matey

Crustashio posted:

Put 12mm spacers in the front to get rid of the retarded gap with my new suspension. That's max positive camber too.

Please tell me you installed extended wheel bolts. I just had a buddy lose a wheel on his Car because he didn't use the extended lugs with a 15mm spacer. Thousands and thousands of dollars worth of damage.

GTi_guy
Oct 21, 2003

avas ye, matey

Colour me surprised, I thought BMW's had lug bolts like VW.

GTi_guy
Oct 21, 2003

avas ye, matey
It was my birthday on the weekend, so my wife got me a gift certificate to be redeemed on a custom plate for the toy car. I ordered this today:

"SennaNSX"

A couple others I was thinking of were:

OldHonda
Insecure

But decided that the insecure one would get me keyed and being in Canada, the Honda reference might be lost.

GTi_guy
Oct 21, 2003

avas ye, matey
I changed the clutch master cylinder on the NSX.

Goddamn, I should have paid someone to do this. It started out fine but there was a Cotter pin on the pedal that only Jesus himself could undo, then bench bleeding it was an unmitigated disaster.

Finally, when it was all installed, I had to bleed the master cylinder by way of removing the driver side rear wheel.

What should have taken an hour took six.

GTi_guy
Oct 21, 2003

avas ye, matey
All this oil talk makes me swoon.

It seems as though the harsh Canadian winter has finally started to subside and we may actually be in for spring weather at some point. So i did what anybody else would do: start the annual detail and oil change on the NSX. So far I've washed and clayed the car, with tonight's job starting the polish portion. Tomorrow night is the sealant and Saturday morning is the interior clean.

GTi_guy
Oct 21, 2003

avas ye, matey

BlackMK4 posted:

Hahaha, that plate is awesome.

Thanks, I need to take some better pictures when it isn't twilight.

Last night I got lazy and sat on the couch, so it looks like a marathon session tonight and tomorrow morning. I've got a party to go to tomorrow night and I want to drive my car, damnit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GTi_guy
Oct 21, 2003

avas ye, matey

trouser chili posted:

Different topic, anyone got a good (non expensive) source for OEM Acura parts? I think I'm gonna go ahead and change the plugs/wires on the ITR. Only got 70,000 miles on it, but they're original to the car in 1998. The dealers around here are ridiculous for prices.

OEMAcuraparts.com

Talk to Tim there. Parts are about 26% off list, and he usually has a shipping promo too.

http://www.oemacuraparts.com/auto-p...mber=980795615h

Looks like the #1 plug wire is NLA for some reason, so you have to buy the set.