Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Honestly my biggest issue is like the recording studio for the bands I like to listen to.. they don't have the best equipment. how can I as an audiophile convince them to use the cables, fuses, and moon rocks I bring to them to record, so I can enjoy the true woodtones of the rimshots?

Edit: Also Any time I come back to this thread to brows it.. I always think of this video.. except replace the transmission with like Speakers or a picture of a receiver.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hMAaOdNkgI

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Dec 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

that guy looks like he's got at least 1 used car worth of cables there.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Need charged audiophile Crystal

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Dude it ads more air, didn't you read?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

KozmoNaut posted:

I used to have a cool little half-width Yamaha A100 2x50W power amp.

This model:

I sold it because I was way more into active speakers at the time, but I really should have kept that cute little thing. Half-width components are great.

how much weight did you use on this one. I think 5lbs of Orgone would be the right amount of science for that spesific amp.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

LRADIKAL posted:

You gotta click through and look at the pictures. If this is performance art, then it's so much work and such a disruption that it's still likely mental illness rather than genius art.

there's no way that this isn't all done in jest right? Like no friggin way.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I think some of it is narcissists making poo poo up, the audience giving them the response yet want, they escalate, and soon everyone's so invested and been doing it so long no one can take a step back and say "this poo poo's dumb." So basically an audio cult. I bet if you shut that particular board down for a few months a lot of the users would recover.

The internet was a mistake.

My ex was into this poo poo except for healing and or preventing harmful [thing]. It really started kicking off around the dawn of facebook becoming mainstream and narcissists posting their special ways of living life. She started being an "audiophile" for life I guess. Crystals, house clearings, orgone, tinctures from bogwitch etc.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Do you use gold centered oegone to balance the inverse kinsces effect causes by drink patrons flattening the aural wave strands which impacts the brightness?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Buy motr crystals and higher end matched resonance cables It really adds to the musicfeel.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Yeah but if you have a tuned flash drive you really can hear the deep tones and fleshed out mids.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Those look a lot like the Advents that my parents had a long rear end time ago.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Why convert at all just enjoy the 1s and zeros as they are?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I think the issue is the cheaper OP amp depending on the chip kills some of the flow and brightness floor you get when you're using it. You spend that little money and you basically get the shell for a different chip. TLC2201IP is a good choice it gives you a much better brightness floor while clening the sound for a cleaner more enjoyable experience, and obviously the flow is way better.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

KillHour posted:

I know that this is the thread for ridiculing people but didn't we go through 3 pages of telling a goon to rip up their carpet?

I'm looking for a rug that I like but I haven't found one yet. I'm also obviously going to tack up those wires so they aren't just hanging out.

You need audiophile level carpet. Some carpet will mute the natural airiness you'll get from classical music or that twant from a hi-hat in rock and roll. Really you should have separate carpets for the type of music you want to listen to. Everything in your space is really important to how your space sounds.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Blue Footed Booby posted:

What kind of carpet goes with black metal?

So you're really going to want the carpet that's going to give you the most lunch from your low end and higher end frequencies while muting the mids a little, but still carrying them. I'd avoid stain master as the coating really doesn't give you this. You're better off with carpet tile from my experimenting this is the best.

I'd avoid any kid of drapes because you want to avoid Windows as they can really gently caress with resonance at the end of the frequency tail.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Oh man I bet. I'm getting older though so the microdeets don't really translate to my hearing sadly.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I find putting a specific beer on my DAC as weight really helps. I use a hydrometer to measure the gravity and chart how well if sounds

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

The sound curve from live instruments really isn't good if your space is set up for electronic audio though

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

This isn't the audiophyle thread tho.
100% would rock one of those.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I'm having difficulty getting the Marantz Face on the Aiwa Stack system guys, i need some new screws since the supplied ones don't match. Do you have a recomendation on the right set of screws to curve out square wave of the DAC.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I'm not an idiot. I was wondering what kind of alloy mix is the best.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

njsykora posted:

AI upscaling but for 128kbps mp3 files encoded in the early 2000s.

but like what if you shave the tops of the bits for better fidelity.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

strtj posted:

I think we all get it at this point. The gimmick is getting really old.

Just run it through these an amp with specialty designed tube fans that are harmonically balanced to bring out spesific tonal requirements of your music using interchangeable bearings. Blue is blues, green is jazz, orange is rock, grey is classic, white is spoken word, brown is for poo poo posts like mine (Each sold separately)

Then it gets better.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

njsykora posted:

I thought the theme of the thread was to forget what the thread is and earnestly post about the $300 DAC you bought.

It's This

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Where would you put the experience of a big OP vs rolling through the thread on the experience level?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

It's superior because it says Super Audio right in the drat name.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Who cares let the content make it self.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Karia posted:

Jeffrey, we're gonna need to review your server setup. Nobody's laughing at my shitposts, and I'm pretty sure that your rack mount is degrading their tonality. Send me your address and I'll ship you some crystals to absorb the negative posting energy.

Pretty sure you need some high end data filters, gold coated ferite core.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Palladium posted:

seems like the snake oilers aren't paying linus enough yet

seems like linus doesn't understand the Complexity of the sound stage and what alters it. He's a computer person not an audio person so he's unqualified to do this review.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

What equipment should I use for the best quality for chiptunes. Should I be looking for something that squares the sonic stage and eliminate temporal timing phases?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I just use Spotify with a usbc to headphones jack via an aux cable on my car (it's for Bose system). Better than any other Audio fight me.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I've heard that cat purrs were used to cure broken bones... Maybe they're good for rounding the digital audio waves. How is your sound stage with audio companion installed vs without audio companion?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

strtj posted:

Well recorded synth stuff is actually great for testing a full range of frequencies.

back in my day working at audiostore selling consumer level poo poo (not high dollar audio poo poo, that was down the road a bit), my go-to was Money by pink floyd for speaker testing. It had a good amount of range, and was repetitive enoguh you could fire it up and swap between sets of speakers for ppl to hear. Again though we were talking about the $79 specials to the $500 polks. There was usually some higher end poo poo in there, and bose paid us for floor space but no one ever bought them after hearing a range of speakers.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Palladium posted:

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/furutech-ncf-clear-line-ac-conditioner.1108097/

very normal people and their infinite veils lifted by a glorified power socket cover

quote:

I like the tightening of focus it brings and the touch of perceived dynamic contrast.

quote:

Now, after weeks in my system, plugging and unplugging it brings a clear and noticeable change that anyone could hear. The sound stage becomes so flat without it in. Demonstrably time after time.

And of course they're just so thrilled it's $250.
I assume that it's just a ferite wrapped power cord with fancy rear end sheathing fabric and gold ends.

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Dec 16, 2022

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Look it's not audiophile but 100% thought of this thread when I read this

I saw these coasters advertised online and thought there's no way they actually work. But I was intrigued so I bought 2 coasters. I don't know how, or why, it works, but it does!! These coasters emit a frequency into your drink and make it smoother, tames harsh alcohol, aerates red wine, reduces oxidation, etc. I did side by side with multiple red wines and bourbon and the difference was dramatically noticeable. Check them out! I talked to the inventor and if you use the link below you will save 10% on any size order. I'm very interested to see what my homebrew friends think. Try with an older beer and see if it reduces the oxidation.

it's a Boce coaster.
It um... Transfers an oxidation to the beverage sitting on it through ?methods?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Will they increase the brightness of my stereo system too?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Ohan the discussion is going deeper people

The one I have is the Perfect Sommelier, it uses rare earth magnets.  I searched [local company] site and did not see it and on another site its not currently available.  It does work.  I have done several blind side by side tests.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I've been living in a beverage dark age. I open a bottle and drink from it.. usually no coaster!

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Grassy Knowles posted:

Token ring gives a warmer sound

Appletalk is really a better option as it uses a special adapter that reduces digital jitter which really opens up the sound stage and reduces additional audio cooling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

You just want an excuse to look at naked lady pictures