Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Hear that members of the military? The Republicans are happy to throw you to the wolves if it's politically advantageous, and then they'll ridicule the Democrats if they take a principled stand to defend you.

This time it was transgender service members, last time it was a POW. Maybe next time it'll be atheist service members.

The message is clear, Republicans are fair weather friends to the troops who gladly wave flags around and spout patriotic platitudes, but the experience for many service members is that when they've really needed support, the only support they got was in the form of "I support the troops" bumper stickers on cars in the parking lot.

This image still infuriates me, and their fake patriotism hasn't changed one bit since then. gently caress them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
It's football season again, and one of my least favorite things is already up and running:

"If you sit or kneel during the anthem you shouldn't get to play."

No one makes you stand while they sing the national anthem at your job buddy.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

ChristopherRobin posted:

Family member shared this.

People on my feed are progressively making this disaster more and more political and it's getting difficult to not want to respond.

I decided not to rant and instead just posted links to pictures of Obama helping at various disasters and then http://trumpgolfcount.com/

I'm so glad my :golf: emote will never die.

Also what the gently caress is with Facebook shares all being videos of jpegs nowadays. I can't post videos of still jpegs on the forum to laugh at. :rant:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

TinTower posted:

Code red.

But... Jack Nicholson is THE BAD GUY in that movie

aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
Oh boy, a Prager University video about how evidence points to creationism let me just start a thoughtful critique on- :suicide:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ashcans posted:

That's certainly true, it's interesting to track which occupations are designated for men/women and how that effects their pay and prestige.

For some jobs, employers also rely on people wanting to work in those roles. Many people become teachers because its a passion or a dream for them, and that means they are more willing to eat lovely pay because they are doing what they love. That's also why teachers often end up spending their own money to make up gaps and buy supplies, because they care a lot about their work. Many people who work in stuff like social work, education, and care roles do it because they think its important and they really want to work there; very few people have pursued a lifelong dream to be a garbage man, and so more of them are prepared to walk away when the wages are poo poo.

Early childhood education is a field that is terrible this way. The support and care that kids get before first grade is actually really important for their development, and it's a critical time to identify stuff that needs special handling, like speech or motor functions, learning disabilities, etc. But early childhood education is frequently paid close to minimum wage with crappy or no benefits, and is often regarded as a sort of informal employment for people who young/old/lack serious education. If you were really serious about maximizing kid's chances, we would have public preschools with professional staff who get continuing education and are encouraged to remain in the field.

But we already told them about bootstraps, what else is there to teach?

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

:cripes:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Orange Devil posted:

"What's up with all these bears?"
- a marine

Flawless.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Defenestration posted:

hooo...gonna post this one standalone

Needs more jpg artifacting.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

jivjov posted:

Correct. Beating your kids is not okay. Abusive parents keep doing it.

It also gives rise to one of the classical presentations of the crazy forwarded political email:

"I / my generation was __________ and I / we survived."

Also I realized today that I hadn't shared much in a long time. It's not that the crazy stopped, it's that it turned into lovely videos of still image on facebook that are harder to share here. :(

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ahh yes the infamous "immigration process that has no background checks". :psyduck:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

DarkHorse posted:

Seriously, I’ve thrown these idiots off by saying “ok, let’s make a national ID, let’s call it a Constitutional ID, and it can serve as voting ID, gun license, and a replacement for Social Security number as an ID, and it has to be free because everyone should have access to it. It’ll probably cost like $3 billion dollars”

And suddenly it’s just too much, either because of expense or NATIONAL DATABASE :byodame:

"Oh sure I bet you want it tattooed onto my arm too don't you ADOLF" is the immediate response after that.

e: vvv Hey I saw that one too, shared by someone who also called for kicking out Trump's entire administration from office. The whiplash hurt my brain a little.

Mo_Steel fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Feb 23, 2018

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
Pretty sure I know the definition of a Millenial.

It's "did you use Windows:ME before you turned 18" :colbert:

e: vvv https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktPvjr1tiKk

Mo_Steel fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Feb 24, 2018

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
Hell old friend...

:nallears:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

:dawkins101:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

ratbert90 posted:

I'm going to assume "Homes without discipline" means "Homes without spanking physical abuse." Correct?

It's that and/or "all those harlots having children out of wedlock".

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jay Z isn't his real name?! :vince:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

So what I'm taking away from all of this is... people who were jewish bullied hitler in high school? :ohdear:

Wow these fucks are dumb / cruel and selfish / both.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

taiyoko posted:

I don't know why I even bothered trying... my cousin (the OP) has posted plenty of other dumb poo poo like this in the past and I just rolled my eyes and scrolled on, but today I touched the poop. (I'm Kerry Oaky)

I really should just unfollow and let my life be that much better.

At that point yeah I'd probably just troll them for shits and giggles because you probably aren't going to convince them that taxes are legal. Tell them it makes you really happy when you drive on public roads or eat USDA inspected meat because you are driving on and eating their stolen money.

Mo_Steel fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Apr 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
Did you all know that we've known the cure for cancer for decades but its been suppressed? Turns out some guy in the 1930s built some microscope that even with todays technology hasn't been bettered and he "theorized" that microorganisms vibrate and that he could kill them with the right vibration wavelength and that cures cancer or something but drug companies don't want that. A video shared on Facebook told me this you see.

:smithicide: I couldn't watch more than 30 seconds of the video before stopping it, I'm sure it gets more crazy after that.