Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

the_steve posted:

Kneeling is actually very good as long as you do it for the white reasons.
Wood cutouts of cowboys kneeling before crosses in the front of exurban houses are also acceptable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

Clover yards kick rear end. They fertilize themselves, don't need mowing, and are really drought-tolerant. People freak out about them attracting bees (pollination, the horror!), but that is dumb and bees are good.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

Elephant Ambush posted:

carpenter bees can gently caress right off
Not to be confused with mason bees, which live in my siding and are all my friends.

https://s3.wp.wsu.edu/uploads/sites/2053/2017/01/Orchard-Mason-Bees1.pdf

They don't do any damage, despite what some people will tell you.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I would be so embarassed to go to a bank and be like "hello I'm a huge manchild with metabolic syndrome, I would like to to take out a loan for a lovely bike that goes BRRRRR for me to play with."

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

the_steve posted:

I've got nothing against people being motorcycle enjoyers, it just sucks that so many of them think that "rides a motorcycle " is a personality trait, or when they project a bunch of macho bullshit onto riding a motorcycle because they're so desperate to cosplay as what they think a badass is.
I don't have anything against motorcycles either, except for Harleys. They are overpriced, have atrocious reliability, and are slow. It doesn't help that they are universally ridden by pink-faced boomers who think that modifying them to make hearing-damage levels of sound makes them look badass.

Otherwise, motorcycles are fine. Most crotch rockets are pretty quiet, reliable, and get way better mileage than a car. Shame how dangerous it is with stupid drivers though.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

Medullah posted:

I'm a Jeep Guy ™ and it's been infuriating watching them go from reliable vehicles with crazy off road power to luxury machines over the last 20 years. High end audio systems, power everything and automatic transmission do not belong on jeeps. Plus their cost has gotten ridiculous.
Have you considered buying a 4x4 that isn't lovely?

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

say no to scurvy posted:

Is this where we are holding the vilerat memorial? Ten fuckin years, jesus christ

A shame to lose a mod who had so many insights into geopolitics and different cultures:

quote:

Africa would have been subjected to a bloodbath of proportions unseen in history if the white man hadn't destroyed their culture first.

Examples I point to are as follows -

The Zulu nation was happily destroying not only all of it's neighbors, but many of their own people as the leadership happened to be certifiably insane. Shaka for example had a small penis (actually historically accurate) and killed thousands of people because of it. The zulu empire was actually not the bad one as the Matabele under Mzilikali after his loss to the zulu, took his tribe and conducted a scorched earth campaign across the lower section of africa destroying all in his path.

Lets not forget the laughable Xhosa girl Nongqawuse who said she saw visions that if everybody killed off their cattle and burned their fields the dead spirits of their ancestors would grant not only tenfold cattle in return, but destruction of the new white Anglo/Boer civilization in the southern cape. Needless to say after they slaughtered and burned everything no ancestors were forthcoming and 25 thousand of the Xhosa tribe died.
The tribes of africa were largely barbaric and vicious groups of people who really only understood killing for the most part. There were exceptions to the rule as there always are, the hottentots, and various smaller tribes, but for the most part african culture was set up to destroy other cultures to begin with.

I'm not going to say that they are better off having been colonized by the europeans, but the alternative was pretty vicious as well.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

There was no currency back then
The Egyptians used wheat (and later I think copper, silver, and gold) as a medium of exchange and account, which essentially made it a currency. Getting paid in wheat was effectively like getting paid in cash.

There was actually never such a thing as the "barter system" as econ 101 classes imagine. Instead, everything has always been based on webs of trust and reciprocity, and/or a stable, divisible, and broadly valued medium of exchange.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

World Famous W posted:

i know I'm arguing with a "true story", but yes, theft of property should be a far less an urgent concern then dead/dying people
Ah, you say that, but you are forgetting that the thieves were young and brown, and trying to steal the white boomer’s precious law equipment.

edit: autocorrect caused a shameful error

cat botherer fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jan 21, 2023

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

PerniciousKnid posted:

He didn't actually shoot them.
I didn’t say he did, I was commenting on the perceived importance.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

LonsomeSon posted:

a Tesla cannot allow its operator to die until they both have reached the appointed time for the self-driving to plow them through a daycare and into a waterway
You've got to buy the FSD (full self-dying) upgrade.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

jivjov posted:

The right wing meltdown about trans folks breastfeeding is getting absolutely ridiculous. To the point that I think this one might be the tipping point into someone getting hurt or killed over it
Given how it goes a lot of the time, probably a cis mother with a pixie cut.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

Killer robot posted:

That's my go-to when people say they want the Ten Commandments, is "which version?" Since there are like six different Christian versions alone. My personal favorite is the Samaritan version since it has a commandment saying that the real holy mountain is Mount Gerizim no takebacks.
Love that mountain. It's still around, but where's that temple :sad:

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

:same:

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbsHpe7FyC8

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

VitalSigns posted:

Self checkouts aren't labor saving devices that free mankind of a burdensome chore, they're a computer that tells someone else to do the chore for free so the company can save money on labor.
:yeah:

Self checkouts lead to a lot more labor overall, because randos are way slower at scanning/bagging than an actual employee

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Bingo. Computers don't ask for a union or have "unreasonable" demands like more free time and better pay.
Self checkouts don't automate anything over regular checkouts. It's just that the cashier is the customer.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

PerniciousKnid posted:

I have to wait in longer lines now because I don't want to get arrested when some store uses grainy security footage to decide I must be the person who stole an Xbox or something in self checkout.
You don't have to worry about that unless you're Black.

https://www.businessinsider.com/in-every-reported-false-arrests-based-on-facial-recognition-that-person-has-been-black-2023-8

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

There could be a new bubonic plague, and we still would not have lockdowns.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

And no one practices the Mithraic Mysteries anymore! It's so sad what we've lost
In the scifi series Raised by Wolves, the Mithraic Mysteries are rediscovered. It also explores the mystery of how a series with a good first season can quickly turn into absolute dogshit.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

LonsomeSon posted:

Tag ur selves im Non-blurry
im Drug question

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

Guavanaut posted:

So are the cheeseburgers in paradise like manna and produce no waste products?

If so, does that also mean they're kosher cheeseburgers?
At least the kosherness of the salt for my margarita rim is a non-issue, because I lost the shaker.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

Magnetic North posted:

Is his seat super safe or something? Do you do opposition research on super safe seats?
It leans Dem. The last election that seat went to a Republican was in 2010. It does almost make one wonder if the New York Dem apparatus is filled with sniveling, corrupt morons, or something.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York%27s_3rd_congressional_district

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

its antiquated. most of the time someone starts going on about the dole, they probably also have very strong opinions about roman history and also you shouldn't ask them what they think of BLM.
These Saracens are going to take Alexandria someday soon. The scroungers got another thing coming if they still think they’ll get the dole when there’s no more grain ships out of Egypt.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

Sounds like barcodes aren't that efficient if they need 666 satans.

I've heard things are moving to QR codes soon-ish. I imagine everyone will handle that calmly.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

Scruff McGruff posted:

Frequently the answer seems to be "NASA". They really hate NASA for some reason and are very confident that NASA actually confirmed flat earth back in the 60s but realized they'd lose their funding if it got out so they decided instead to create a conspiracy involving hundreds of airlines and governments.
NASA: Never A Straight Answer

:smugdog:

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

My favorite flat earth conspiracy things is that the non-global elites are actually hiding secret hyperborean landmasses outside of the Antarctica ice walls because they get all the land to themselves (?).

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I’ve actually played that before. It’s easy to get very close to 50% if you just apply your Aryan will to pressing the keys kinda randomly. It’s easy when you have feedback.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

Toby Kieth more like Toby Queef

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

The only acceptable kind of Christian charity is where you make some homeless people sit through a 90 minute sermon where you just berate them constantly for being druggies and then give them some expired Safeway food.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

PhazonLink posted:

what % are ALL the private jets CO2?

like yeah its a thing, but seems like another distraction thats trying to use classism as lazy support
I hope nobody is being classist against private jet owners! That’s just like being racist. You can tell, because they both end in “ist”. The word “classist” is almost exclusively used to refer to predjudice against the poor, just like how “racist” is used with regard to people prejudiced against non-whites. Using these words to refer to the rich or whites, respectively, is either extremely disingenuous or extremely stupid.

But seriously, of course billionaires’ CO2 output is going to tiny compared to the vast throngs of the world’s common people. It’s still orders of magnitudes more than the average person, however. Not only that, but our entire global socioeconomic system is hurtling human civilization off a cliff just to stroke their egos. Their influence is the primary reason why nothing substantial is being done about the collapse of the biosphere where we all live.

cat botherer fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Feb 16, 2024

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

Panfilo posted:

Arms speaking of people who see things in black and white...

Nazi Germany, famous for not having police

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

DarkHorse posted:

That has to be a troll that Poe's Law-Ed its way into circulation, its just too perfect
IDK, a lot of boomers get really mad about poison being taken out of things.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

The two acceptable feelings are angry and horny.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

very easy to pay off 80k in student loans doing landscaping

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I wonder if Harley-Davidson has considered making bikes that aren't lovely. That could help with the millennial market.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

the center-justified text is :discourse:

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

Medullah posted:

I've always said we should go all in on it. Give them what they want and require school prayer.

Bet they'll change their tune when their kid is forced to kneel and pray to Mecca 5 times a day.
A few years ago, there was actually a Louisiana state rep who reversed her support of vouchers for religious schools once she learned they could be used for :siren: Islamic :siren: schools.

https://archive.thinkprogress.org/louisiana-republican-supports-state-funds-for-religious-schools-as-long-as-theyre-not-islamic-1aa08967f75/

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

Medullah posted:

Ooh my uncle shifted slightly from his daily "God is amazing here's a picture of Jesus done from AI #JenniferLawrence" posts.
I’m kinda surprised those AI Jesus pics are showing up in the wild, unironically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

Medullah posted:

Got a new one just today in fact!
considering accepting giant lightning Jesus into my heart rn