Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Browsing through some of the later story arcs, the Little Nephew in Wales one is pretty good -- I didn't notice any other Little Nephew ones in the list, is that it? I know he was never a major character but I seem to remember more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I have spent many a day of work with the lyrics of Mister Band stuck in my head. Looks like I'll be doing that tomorrow.

I just imagine them sung to the tune of a good song, like a man would play at a concert.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Disappointed in the lack of these or these.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

There is a weird politesse about Nice Pete when he's not in murder mode. He has Southern ways.

e: Regarding the discussion of Cornelius's voice from when the strip most recently reappeared, I think this and the following are a great example of his natural speech as well as his ability to relate to a dude who knows what kind of tires he has.

KICK BAMA KICK fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Oct 5, 2013

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

"This is just cola," loving amazing.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

He is the guy who sucks.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I've reread most of the series since the revival, and I can't find it by searching either: wasn't there a strip where we see Cornelius name his pub "The Dude and Catastrophe"?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

So in terms of linking things we like I was thinking we could also link such as blog entries like Ray on truth serum

quote:

My personality is that I do what I like and people with less personality or confidence can observe me and see that a confident person is doing a certain thing. They can then act like me in order to create safety.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

"I think I might have actually bought a boat based on the idea that nobody could interrupt my sex activities. Jesus did my family do a number on me."

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I'm still stuck at waiting for query.yahooapis.com

May your weekend be free of the hand of Dixie.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Pat's blog is the best.

quote:

Anyhow, if you want to read Awake! magazine, you can dig through my trash, except you can't, because I'll shoot you with rock salt.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Naked people have little or no influence in society.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

:siren: NEW STRIIIIIPPPPP :siren:

GOD I love the future

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

This is the pinnacle of the young Ray and Beef strips, and the perfect encapsulation of male childhood friendship. One dude just wants to kiss girls on the titties, and the other dude will scream this fact at his own mother just to embarrass his friend.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

JHomer722 posted:

y'all are some grumpy weirdos.

Once they get goin' they can't stop or they'll get maaaad.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

IF THIS CAR'S A-ROCKIN, THEN TWO
BARBERS HAVE NO DOUBT BROKEN IN
TO COMMIT LEWD ACTS ON EACH OTHER

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Brett Favre isn't available as some sort of "Legend" is he? Cause "Say good stuff about my dick" is absent from that gallery.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Still this is pretty tame by the standard of webcomic breakdowns. At least he's not threatening to literally burn a book every time someone complains about not receiving the book they paid for.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Goddamn early 2009 was full of one-off gems.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

"If you're at a place and you've made some mistakes, Ray just wants you home safe." is another standout.

e: "The idea is, they get so panicked about the forgotten picnic basket that they gently caress."

KICK BAMA KICK fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Apr 17, 2015

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

"Verily you squander not a wisp of breath nor soil the bosom of reason dear Todd."

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

BURRITOLINGUS. NOUN. MEANS, EATING A BURRITO WITH THE MOUTH.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Hope that Ray blog post means the end of the rehab storyline for good.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

"That is exactly the picture I needed."

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Complete rehash of the composting strip, still unable to write anyone a line that doesn't contain like five different figures of speech.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

ALFbrot posted:

I'm willing to give him some time to re-find the voices and the verve.
I guess I didn't mean to come off just making GBS threads on it but I mean, I don't know why this is the well he keeps going back to so often post-hiatus, these long-winded insult comic with a library card scenes between the cats and Teodor, everybody's voices tending toward the same "If I wanted to X I'd do Y with a Z" constructions. There's plenty of classic Achewood forms I wouldn't knock him for repeating -- a short, lighthearted "Phillippe misunderstands something" or "Ray starts a new business" arc would be great.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

That is good Achewood. Between that and the Philippe blog entry I'd say Lyle is one of the characters whose voice is coming out the best right now. (Both the blog posts were great; should've mentioned that when I was criticizing the comic before last.)

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Just stumbled across a great one of the short stories without a bookmark, "Jaime the Science Friend".

"Dear ROAST BEEF I am deeply sorry that YOU HAD TO TALK ON THE PHONE WITH THE KKK."

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I had forgotten/always missed Phillipe pissing himself at the wedding.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I think the reviews of "rear end in Your Pants" is my single favorite Achewood ever.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

For some reason I thought KISS was the artist Beef would go to the bathroom on but that was Lyle Lovett. KISS is the artist Tood has a tattoo of going to the grocery store and comparing their you-know-whats to the yams.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I think every single Pat blog contains at least one absolutely perfect sentence.

quote:

I guess it's for the best, as the History Channel is showing a special on Henry Ford and I don't want to be stuck in the kitchen doing a bunch of dishes when the messageboards light up.

quote:

(in their majestic and far-sweeping wisdom, true falcons will attack children)

quote:

The list of things you do not know about butter beans versus bay scallops quite frankly pisses me off.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

dordreff posted:

But the speed of light varies depending on what substance light is travelling through. Does that mean Phillippe is no longer 5 when he's underwater?
"Whatever, fag"

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

:siren: New strip :siren:

alt-text: "I just think it's charming that a little character from fiction thinks he get herpes in this manner."

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

"I think that at the end of the joke the bartender's life is screwed up pretty bad. He doesn't have a lot of options."

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

That strip's fine but I do share others' concerns from a few pages back about Chris turning into a weed guy.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Here's a different dumb argument to have: I gotta disagree with Beef's contention that "pork chops are too crass for a lady they are a low dish of dudes."

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

"Hm yes sir and this wine you mention will it make us look like dicks"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

pat posted:

achewood was a spectacular comic
It was, and if it couldn't end with a spectacular, fitting story like Phillipe Goes Home at least we got an explanation. There's no contemporary work of pop fiction I think about more than Achewood, that's more than he owes anyone other than that other thing.