Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

NoneMoreNegative posted:

This reminds me of eternity.

Being parked there at 3am in the winter feels like eternity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc

Spedman posted:

I like what this guy did with light painting 64 years ago:

http://life.time.com/culture/pablo-picasso-draws-with-light-1949/#12

I heard that guy was a dick.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

365 Nog Hogger posted:

And this amazing insanity:

I loving love this. Stock photo printed on cake is my new favorite food.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

David Pratt posted:

Your opinion is wrong and your contributions are unwelcome!

Dorkroom.txt

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
I find the triangle in her user name to be awe inspiring. It's very deep imho.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Spedman posted:

Something makes me uncomfortable with having a corporate sponsors page on your website

I want to cover my camera in sponsor stickers like a NASCAR.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Spedman posted:

Bottle openers for 35mm is for wimps, gotta Hulk Hogan it

How will putting the film in my shoes help?

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

try it with a lime posted:

Don't worry, the other sign stipulates absolutely no fillers.

This is not an issue.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

try it with a lime posted:

It's awfully derivative of Eggleston and Friedlander's backs of people's heads.

What!?! They are completely different! Do you even art bro?:v:

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

VendaGoat posted:

poo poo people hang on walls to cover up other, unwanted things.

Did your parents festoon you with prints and tapestries as a child? :v:

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Helmacron posted:

when I read things you write, I imagine a man with a guitar string tied to a butt plug and his dick, trying to get a boner hard enough to strum a tune with.

This but unironically.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

BrosephofArimathea posted:

I see zero 6x6 or 4x5 photos taken in the parking lot of an abandoned gas station somewhere in the midwest with a portra tones in the late afternoon sun.

Downvoted.

This but unironically.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

BrosephofArimathea posted:

Hey now, you guys converted/bullycurated me from saturated sunsets to #teamdeadpan.

This but unironically.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
This guy http://eliotdudik.com/ is cool.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Spedman posted:

I was just listening to an interview with him on the FPP, those 8x10 diptychs are :krad:
http://filmphotographyproject.com/category/tags/eliot-dudik

Haha, that's where I heard about him. Just started listening to that podcast. I was actually not expecting the 8x20 shots to be as cool as they are.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
I find it funny that we would ever describe 2 color 8x10 sheets of film as cheaper than anything. ULF is some kind of crazy next level poo poo.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Spedman posted:

The jump in price from 8x10 to ULF is just crazy and to be honest I can't really see the point, very much a case of diminishing returns, but loving cool none the less.

And for some LF content, here a video of a guy named Clyde making awesome 40x60 wet prints from 8x10 negs, living the dream:
http://youtu.be/RCN_WQeEKnc

If I had unlimited money I would buy the 16x20 kit that's been kicking around on sale here locally but it would basically be like me setting $8K on fire.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
But but ....11x14 contact prints.:homebrew:

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Also a pro tier URL. Assuming it's a Catch-22 reference, if it's coincidentally some rich fuckers actual name then disregard.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
JFC look at how good this is:

http://www.williamalbertallard.com/
Some of this dude's cowboy photos make me want to throw my camera in the trash.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
I'd seen his photos around but never knew his name until I heard about him on a podcast last week. Goddamn, that out west stuff is dope.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
Not a photographer but I helped this dude clean up and upload photos to his site. Click if you like outsider art. I'm not responsible for the photos or site design, just helping out a dude in my neighborhood.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
I fuckin' love this guy.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Helen Highwater posted:

I got an Instagram like from Jan Schlegel. Holy poo poo his stuff is amazing. He shoots with a 4x5 field camera on black and white film with some hand tinting.

His :nws: Instagram feed :nws:

Oh boy, a well off white dude goes to africa and shoots LF portraits of tribal people because he finds them quaint and exotic. :chloe:

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
Colonialism Avedon would be a ballin' posting handle tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
lol bet he got banned for nipples

• Locked thread