Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

On a scale of one to ten how high was Hulk during that promo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

sean10mm posted:

I thought that was a specially defanged cobra that bit him for that bit and then promptly croaked because coke steroids SHEER COINCIDENCE OK

I thought that was the cobra that died from being left overnight in the trunk of Jake's car.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Probably prostitution.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The girls finally decided that they could, in fact, get enough.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

ChampRamp posted:

Why did Nash want Sullivan out of the ring so bad for?

Because Nash came from a community, not a neighborhood.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

bartok posted:

Do you think Hogan would have been accepted in WCW by the fans if he changed his in-ring style like he does when he would wrestle in Japan? I'm not saying Hogan was a secret technical master but he seemed way more talented than his WWF and WCW runs would lead you to believe.

Hogan hitting Savage with an enzuigiri to start his heel turn at Bash at the Beach would be a hell of a moment, but I think he'd get lazy in time and would just fall back into his WWF style.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Aha, here's a gif of him hitting one on Great Muta.

http://gfycat.com/QuarterlyValuableEquestrian

The part of the match in question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIaD35Vjyeo&t=1032s

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

coconono posted:

Hogan hitting that enzuiguri on Muta was ugly lookin as gently caress. Impressive that his feet willingly left the ground, tho. Dude did throw a mean fuckin lariat in Japan as well.

And considering how he was always talking about the size of his pythons you'd think Hogan would have switched out the legdrop for the axe bomber in WWF/WCW.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

At least you aren't Tony Schiavone.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Goldberg appears to be having a stroke.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

MassRafTer posted:

Our tape source definitely has the Buff and Sting episodes.

I've never wanted to see something more in my entire life :allears:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Del Raminos posted:

The bomb, the wolf's head, I get all of that. Don't quite understand the section of colon included though.

He talks out of his rear end in shoot interviews.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Jeff Janett, WCW wrestler.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

For a chilling look at what 2000-2001 WCW could have been, see the YouShoot with Jerry Jarrett where he claims that the higher-ups at WCW asked him multiple times after they fired Russo/Bischoff to come in and run the company. His amazing innovative plans to save WCW include building the main event scene around an extended Sid vs. Hogan feud and pushing Jeff Jarrett to the moon as an underdog babyface champion.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

I guess the thought was that there were not even spots to around, so gently caress Ric and the horsemen, who were a lot of the major competition for those spots.

This kind of makes me wonder if WCW should have gone with that idea from around the time of the first Souled Out PPV, where they were going to do a brand split into NWO and WCW shows. I mean yeah the NWO show would have been as dogshit as Souled Out was, but you would at least have the opportunity to (in an ideal situation) spread everyone around enough so one group doesn't have to keep everyone else down to keep their spot.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

MassRafTer posted:

I had a plan for this a few days ago but forgot.

An episode of History of TNA/WCW QVC special?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

"The Franchise" Jeff Farmer.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Also,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpnM7mx0dwE

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Everything about WCW was 10K gold and I wish that they never left us.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Sep 25, 2014

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I understand having to let him talk in the ring, but what was the logic behind letting Mongo do color commentary? Was it in the contract or did someone in WCW genuinely think Mongo was the total package or something.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Memento posted:

Who the gently caress thought that was a good idea?

Probably Kevin Sullivan.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

So something just crossed my mind, was the 'fan' run-in during the Hogan/Piper match at Halloween Havoc 97 a work or not? The commentary during the match kind of puts it over with a real fake "look at the NWO beating up a fan" feel, but security seems to have a very weird time actually dragging the guy out of the ring and the camera-work gets really janky and cuts out seemingly too soon for some reason.

This was probably answered in chat when we watched Halloween Havoc some months ago, but I wasn't there for that one.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

DrVenkman posted:

No. His theme right now can best be described as the music they'd play over a montage in a 90s Disney movie.

If this is the theme I'm thinking of it also had a version with lyrics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwNkI1bBSHI

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

What was the Warren Zevon reference?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

DrVenkman posted:

One of the Nasty Boys has a werewolf mask on and Nash says "I think I had a Pina Colada with this guy in Trader Vicks"

The Best Ever

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I like the prospects of this VACATED kid, he's going places.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

The entire spectacle of hiring Hogan in '94 is just so absurd when you look at it now. A loving parade in the middle of Disney World and Mean Gene declaring "Get ready for the ride of your life!" and then...nothing until the formation of the nWo two years later.

They had The Alliance to End Hulkamania :colbert:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Ain't he great?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I would pay a substantial amount of money to watch Tank Abbott fight Dan Quinn.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

El Estrago Bonito posted:

The only wrestling personality/chain eatery combo that would be more appropriate than Bischoff at a DnB's would be if, like, Tajiri did one at a Sizzler.

Scott Steiner at Cracker Barrel.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Rusty Shackelford posted:

What was the plan with that bottom bracket?

"Creative has nothing for you"

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

WeaponX posted:

it's the rapping in stilted limericks like a weird fairy tale character that bothers me

What if Cena got a Tom Bombadil gimmick?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Once upon a time, the Insane Clown Posse wrestled in WCW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOPC6Uc6xRI

and it was magical :allears:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

haljordan posted:

I'm 99% sure the fan who jumped in the ring took a few legit solid shots but I think at first everyone thought he was a wrestler and took it easy on him. I wonder if anyone at WCW security got fired for that poo poo.

My favorite part of that was Hogan stiffing him and Macho Man having to move the guy into the ring so security can get to him and hold things down.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

1st AD posted:

He's doing a full training camp for kickboxing and might do a fight in Glory, lol

Goldberg vs. Bob Sapp, book it.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I wish Buff Bagwell had gone into MMA in the early 2000s after WCW folded (he has some MMA training, not sure how much), mostly because he'd probably be terrible at it professionally and would have ended up fighting Dan Quinn or something in 4th-rate NorCal promotions.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Apr 6, 2015

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Never have I wanted to see anything more than Buff Bagwell vs Dan Quinn

Wasn't there a game that was basically TEW but with MMA? I'm sure someone could mod the database to include what-ifs for a bunch of pro-wrestlers going into MMA. Hell, that'd probably make a pretty good LP.

edit: actually, you'd probably have to mod the database to include Dan Quinn, too, but that's a small price to pay to get to experience Bagwell vs Quinn, the defining rivalry of the D-list fight world.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Apr 7, 2015

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Also a WCW thing that ruled: everything involving Vampiro and ICP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWfCwm98ahs

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

triplexpac posted:

I was hoping this existed and it's even more beautiful than I imagined

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_New_World_Order_members

quote:

Kyle Petty (NASCAR driver; joined in September 1996,[5] last ran nWo racecar in September 1997[6])

Wanna drive that car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

rotinaj posted:

TNA doesn't count because it doesn't loving exist. It never happened.

Then who was the Legends Champion?!