Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

ChampRamp posted:

Well, there's a match I completely forgot about.
How?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

MrBling posted:

In 1999 and 2000 it was pretty much home to all the cruiserweights that weren't Rey Mysterio and all the lower and mid card guys like Team Canada (pre-insane Lance Storm push) and Misfits in Action.

Come on, the Lance Storm push had some great moments. Three title defences in one night! That's good television.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

LordPants posted:

I haven't seen the DVD, what specifically are you referring too? The Observer had like a 5 page run-down on how shallow that documentary was and how much it skipped over.

Which issue?

Arbite fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jul 27, 2012

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Everything terrible and awesome about late era Outsiders in one segment.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Can you point to a specific archive show for that? :pray:

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Let me guess, this story was dropped with no resolution?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Jack Krauser posted:

Well, the very next Nitro was the reboot of the company so I'd be willing to bet that happened.

According to wiki that was Ed Ferarras voice, and it didn't have a resolution to speak of.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

cucka posted:

1) reading the Hogan contract info pre-NWO, I am shocked how close the NWO came to being really different? Would the NWO be way different with sting?

Considering what Hogan tried to do when Pillman was getting some real heat, I'd guess that he'd beat them all in short order, maybe Bischoff could keep that from happening until Starrcade 96.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Of those 108 shows, the WWE Champion appeared on 106 of them, with Shawn Michaels being the 2 exceptions.

I think you're missing the Wembley Summerslam Hogan skipped.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

More people liked Norman Smiley than Hulk Hogan. :laugh:

***EDIT***

As well he should have!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI1bJd6y3W0

Arbite fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jan 9, 2015

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Once again I must counter MRT's lies with the truth

God, I wish Meltzer had finished breaking that book down.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Was WCW that bad at the end?

I remember Johnny Ace and co. being able to sculpt the ashes of that company fairly well for a few months.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

triplexpac posted:

No one should ever bash Bret's promo skills...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxCDDlSw9-A

"If you don't like it, tough poo poo!"

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN9fHMY76io&t=8s

And then again.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

DDT Digest posted:

Mmm......Spice....

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

DDT Digest posted:

Mmm......Spice....

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Hogan immediately helped Flair when he was in a financial crunch not so long ago.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGOkpKHGG74

Meng making 98 Giant work.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

BrigadierSensible posted:

Was Alex Wright actually from Berlin? And it turns out he isn't. He's from Nuremburg.

Think that's bad? Syxx was the seventh member of the nWo.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

As dishonest as Paul is, I think he truly hated WCW, given how poorly things ended for him there. I'm not sure he'd want to go there. His relationship with WWE wasn't perfect but it was cordial.

Hmm, Bischoff was out, what, September of 99? If they buy ECW to get Heyman and some of his talent, Apple & Steve Jobs' thing in the 90s style, you don't have the Dudleys or Jericho anymore, but there was a lot of talent bleeding that could have been stopped.

Heyman would absolutely have sold the company if the money and incoming job conditions were right, but yeah, slim chance this was fathomed at the time.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

DeathChicken posted:

Meng is an interesting one, in WWE he was never more than a midcarder at best with a tag title reign and the King Haku thing for a bit. In WCW...he was also a midcarder at best but was treated as an absolute terror who could beat Lex Luger on a good day

Meng dragging a great quick match out of a very checked out Giant was a beautiful sight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGOkpKHGG74

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Two Beans posted:

Technically because he was the 6th member of the nWo. But also yes.

No.

Hall, Nash, Hogan, Dibiase, Giant, NWO Sting, Syxx.