Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

this music video description was definitely typed with one hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sham bam bamina! posted:

i think that was more symbolic (and certainly sexist in that regard) than fetishistic. macrophilia as a fetish seems like the kind of thing that comes out of the self-accelerating petri dishes of the internet.

i remember seeing the video years ago and yes, it's not made as a fetish item but that didn't stop whoever wrote it up from getting thirsty about it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sweevo posted:

In August 2005, after Rob Schneider insulted Los Angeles Times movie critic Patrick Goldstein (who had criticized Schneider's film Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo) by commenting that Goldstein was unqualified because he had never won the Pulitzer Prize, Ebert intervened by stating that, as a Pulitzer winner, he was qualified to review the film, and bluntly told Schneider, "Your movie sucks."

:wow:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

prefect posted:

i don't know what the gently caress this is, but it makes my brain want to kill itself

coast to coast am gets some bad calls

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

DELETE CASCADE posted:

In Canada, the Weights and Measures Act (R.S. 1985), which has the laws in English and French printed side-by-side, defines a pint in English as 1/8 of a gallon, but defines a pinte in French as 1/4 of a gallon.[10] Thus, if you speak English and order "a pint of beer", servers are legally required to serve you 568 ml of beer,[11] but if you speak French and order "une pinte de bičre", they are legally required to serve an Imperial quart (une pinte), which is 1136 ml—twice as much.[12] To order an Imperial pint when speaking French in Canada, one must instead order une chopine de bičre[13].

:thunk:

that actually sounds useful

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Pakled posted:

This article is about the fictional propulsion system. For the actual model of spacetime, see Alcubierre drive. For the street in Virginia, see Warp Drive.

i live near there. orbital was being cute when they built their campus. ironically the road is only a few hundred feet long and bisected by a traffic circle so you’re going pretty slow on it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

i’m the chad option.

edit: i might also be the mongolian thrust.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

prefect posted:

i don't think i ever actually had one of those carvel ice cream cakes :sigh:

they’re pretty good if you have a store nearby but don’t do anything drastic to get one.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

goblin week posted:

what the gently caress

richard shaver and his fairy tales of deros and teros are pretty great.

at the very least they gave us some sweet rear end zine covers:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Sharpe_Shaver

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Resting Lich Face posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Nights_Festival

Never seen a lower quality article.

"The sky completely dark ends"

end of the same paragraph:
“On August 21st, the sky completely dark starts again.”

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

everyone keeps mocking homeopathy without even knowing know how the protocol works ffs. it's not just dilution.

you take the active ingredient like strychnine or bee venom, make a solution in alcohol, dilute it 10:1 or 100:1 with water, and succuss it (bang the bottle on the table) several times. the impact causes the water molecules to align with the molecules of the active ingredient, retaining an imprint of the ingredient's energy signature. each time you repeat this process, further water molecules align with the ingredient even more strongly, increasing the overall potency.

god

poo poo that’s why it hasn’t been working

thanks for the tip, professor

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

dummy thicc mjolnir powered assault armor so he can do the hotdog in the bun buttjob

same

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

studied under the eminent professor booty

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Pakled posted:

There was uproar in China after a Vietnamese website managed to acquire episodes not yet shown in China and asked visitors to the website to answer questions confirming their Vietnamese identity before the website loads. “This service is for Vietnamese people only. Please answer the following questions: To which country do the Hoang Sa (Paracel Islands) belong? Vietnam, China, Philippines or Japan?”. The only correct answer to the question, according to the website, is Vietnam. The islands are disputed territory. 

lmao

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Krankenstyle posted:

maybe they used the large hardon collider to heat the ball

hardons are stored in the balls

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The Leck posted:

I bring you a double shot:

Strategies for completing a marathon include running the whole distance[134]

The long run is an important element in marathon training.[141]

powerful tech

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

prefect posted:

The finger gun is a hand gesture in which a person uses their hand to mimic a handgun, raising their thumb above their fist to act as a hammer, and one finger extended perpendicular to it acting as a barrel. The middle finger can also act as the trigger finger or part of the barrel itself. Also, an optional clicking of the fingers can be included when forming the “gun” as to emphasize the gesture.

:ocelot:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

so you're saying we have to wait until 2059 to get good movies again? lame

with any luck the world will be dead before then so catch up on the classics now.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

In the resulting furure, Stallman resigned from both MIT[80][81] and the Free Software Foundation.[82]

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

prefect posted:

i consider it a small victory that it didn't come out as "fuhrer"

yeah that was honestly the error I was expecting.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Hominy is a food produced from dried maize (corn) kernels

Maize is the name of my spanish language Korn cover band. not my joke, i don’t remember where i first heard it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

i’m flaming

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

:frogbon:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

split all the cars behind you in half lengthwise?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

FMguru posted:

godfather was a p good gta:vc knockoff

the wii version was the best - if you used the garrote the force feedback in the controllers would let you feel your victims heartbeat weaken, slow, and finally stop

i’m surprised nintendo would let them do that, but they did put manhunt 2 on the wii so they were kind of relaxed on stuff like that for a few years.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

FMguru posted:

also from that era: bayonetta on the wii u

both those are on the switch. bayonetta 3 will be too.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Krankenstyle posted:

also it was a danish brand called Jaka Bov. idk if its actually equivalent to spam but i figure it is.

it’s all “potted meat product” anyway.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

dried apricots are just as good as dried mango, for sure.

they do make me fart a lot though.

fruit toot

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

prefect posted:

not worthless. remember 1990?

February 6

Billy Idol is involved in a serious motorcycle accident, resulting in several broken bones. Idol had been scheduled to have a major role in Oliver Stone's film The Doors, but due to his injuries, the role was reduced almost to a bit part. The role of the T-1000 in Terminator 2: Judgment Day, originally intended for Idol, was recast entirely as a result of the accident.

(emphasis mine)

he mentioned that in his xm radio show a couple of weeks ago. i’d never known about that before.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

i’m Emmental cheese[24]

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Platystemon posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industry_4.0

this is the new top of my worthless wikipedia list

should have released some bug fixes before another major version.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

you want some transliterated english words, i got the hookup:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

it’s great, i found it at a used bookstore for five bucks. the author was a professional translator who worked for toshiba, ibm, and a bunch of other tech companies in the 70s and 80s. it was published in 1990 so it doesn’t have any internet terms in it but it’s got a whole bunch of database and mainframe jargon in it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

for your sunday night viewing pleasure, i give you:

the wikipedia bad image list :nws: and also :nms:

that is a powerful page

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sham bam bamina! posted:

what's the street value of a propeller beanie these days

your self-respect

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The following list is for Japanese anime only. The list covers broadcasts after 26 September 1977. Video Research had previously recorded an episode of the 1960s Astro Boy anime that earned a 40.3% rating.[120]

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

haveblue posted:

hey at least it wasn't a photo

somebody had to draw that

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

o7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007