Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.
Angry Beavers, Hey Arnold, and Rocko's Modern Life available for instant watching? Life can go gently caress itself for the next few days, I'm gonna relive my childhood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

NESguerilla posted:

gently caress yeah Emmet Otters Jug Band Christmas is up. Objectively the best Xmas movie ever.

Man you spelled "Die Hard" way wrong. Thanks for letting me know it's on Instant, though!

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.
Nthing the Tucker and Dale love.

Looks like Lexx and Farscape are both up in their entirety. Time for me to look at them both ten years later and determine which was the objectively better show.

it's Lexx

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.
Just noticed that Slings & Arrows is back on instant.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.
If you're playing a bit more fast and loose with the definition of 'Western', The Good, the Bad, the Weird is on Instant.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Holy Doughnuts! posted:

Pontypool really gets good after the first 15 minutes or so.

I've only watched the first episode of Venture Bros. and wasn't particularly enjoying it. Does it pick up a bit after a few watches or is it a Marmite kinda thing?

The first episode is incredibly rough, yeah. Episode 4 should tell you whether or not you'll like the series as a whole.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

NienNunb posted:

I didn't think the first few episodes were that bad at all when I started watching, but different strokes I guess.

Really the big issue is the very first episode. Quality-wise it ranks at one of the better Newgrounds flash animations, only twenty minutes long.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.
If you enjoy Samurai movies and/or Westerns, you will probably enjoy:

The Good, The Bad, The Weird
A South Korean-made Western set in 1930s Manchuria, it is (very) loosely based on The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. Fantastic production values and pretty drat funny in parts, it's a must watch.

The Warrior's Way
South Korea / New Zealand-made East Meets Western where a rogue Ninja flees to America after failing to carry out his mission. He hides in a nearly-ghost town that has been built largely by circusfolk, and becomes the town drycleaner. I swear it's not as racist as it sounds. It stars Tony Cox as a dwarf Ringmaster who inexplicably has an 8 painted on his head and Geoffrey Rush as the town drunk. Also there's an insane rapist Colonel that the Ninja has to defend the town from and the final duel takes place among falling petals, despite being in the middle of the desert.

Bunraku
American-made EMW set in post-apocalyptic Russia. Josh Hartnett is a cowboy without a gun, Gackt is a samurai without a sword, and Woody Harrelson is a bartender with a tragic past and a penchant for making pop-up books. Together, they must team up to defeat the Big Bad Ron Perlman for ~reasons~. Fantastic visuals all throughout, incredible colours, and the scene transitions are amazing. It has the feel of a movie, a play, and a comic book all at the same time.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.
A whole bunch of stuff got added in the past few days, but none more important than Good Burger.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

wormil posted:

My problem with The Following is that to make the criminals look smart it dumbs down everyone else but I only watched 4 or 5 episodes, maybe it gets better.

This is precisely my problem with Leverage. Well, that and how incredibly racist/sexist it can be.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.
Well then you're not going to like its thematic sister, Rotisserie Chicken.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

rodbeard posted:

If you are new to the show look up what order the episodes are supposed to be in, it's all over the place on netflix and some of them will be kind of confusing to see out of order.

Christ, you weren't kidding! Looks like the proper order on Netflix is 7, 6, 3, 5, 4, 2, 1, 9, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13. What in the hell possessed Netflix to order them like this? :psyduck:

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Vriess posted:

On the documentary side, I know that voice hit instant. It's about voice actors and the animation-based voice acting lifestyle. It's got all the people you know, or rather the voices you recognize, from the animu stuff to the Simpsons and video games.

Like, I never knew the dude who did Bender also did the voice for the main character in Gears of War. Seeing them in the studio doing their voice work in real time was interesting. It's a fairly competent documentary that goes all the way to Mel Blanc.

Seconding this. It's pretty fun and has thoroughly convinced me that Dee Bradley Baker is some sort of laryngeal warlock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Inzombiac posted:

How does that make you mad? A gun is just a pin that causes a chemical reaction to shoot lead or steel down a tube.

A car requires electricity to operate, I think. I'm not a mechanic but they all have batteries :v

A diesel engine works peachy keen without electricity, and hilariously four of the first five results for 'diesel engine no electricity' are about the show making no sense on that front.

• Locked thread